PDA

View Full Version : How our beloved Mod ElNono is :downspin: dat Manu's contract ?

Brazil
07-04-2013, 09:32 AM
I have been busy busy lately and couldn't follow dat 2/$7M thread.
Just saw quickly DPG / Bruno doin' work and DAF / ElNono trying to :downspin: dat contract but I need a recap tbth.

To be more accurate, I'm looking for an input regarding the quality of the :downspin:

Indeed, arguments are easy, on one side we have the: with this contract Manu fucked Spurs chance to land a solid FA aka AK47 and that's a lot of money for a TOSB on the other side we have the :downspin: Manu just took his market value, Spurs are not going to amnesty Bonner so they would do nothing with the extra money and :cry Manu did it for his kids :cry

Could somebody wrap up the situation for me ? who is the more convincing ? I would appreciate.

Sincelery yours,

your beloved Brazil

xmas1997
07-04-2013, 09:39 AM
First off, what does the word "dat" mean? I honestly don't think it is an English word.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 09:41 AM
First off, what does the word "dat" mean? I honestly don't think it is an English word.

try dat urban dictionary tbh

xmas1997
07-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Urban dictionary? Never heard of it. Websters or what? Online? Where? Is this English, or what?
Sorry, but don't understand.

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2013, 09:48 AM
There is nothing to spin right now. Sharps believe this has been the Spurs plan all along. Resign Thiago, Manu and (likely) finally Neal for the right amounts to get over the cap and into MLE at a little more than 5 million where they think they can land someone who will make us better.

That's the perspective that needs to be put into the Thiago and Manu numbers. Just need people to catch up to reality:

Ultimately, the Splitter and Ginobili deals may be seen as shrewd roster management.

A few hours after Ginobili's salary hit the Internet, some of the league's smartest basketball executives marveled at Buford's masterful manipulation of the rules that govern roster building.“It's pretty clear what they're doing,” said one league executive who has been building rosters for most of the past 15 seasons.

“With these two contracts, they're going to be just under the (projected salary) cap. Then they'll sign back Gary Neal, go just over the cap and, presto! They've qualified for the full mid-level cap exception, a little more than $5 million. That's going to make them a player for some good free agents who will be looking for jobs.”

Fabbs
07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
You needs to be adaptin.
http://tiwibzone.tiwib.netdna-cdn.com/images/pet-hoodie.jpg

Brazil
07-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Urban dictionary? Never heard of it. Websters or what? Online? Where? Is this English, or what?

google is your friend

Baam
07-04-2013, 09:51 AM
MIB that quote is hilarious, like it's some kind of genius move when we're actually fucked.

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
maybe your conclusions are fucked

Fabbs
07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Bottom line Holt is a bidness man.
Manu has huge beeeaaaner following in San Antone and South of da border no?

Brazil
07-04-2013, 09:56 AM

ah yeah business decision, not bad, no Manu = less revenue so give him all he wants

Brazil
07-04-2013, 10:01 AM

I have been an avid Spurs fan ever since their inception, but I do know better than to make stupid idiotic comments when I could say something more constructive instead. That is part and parcel of being a "mature" well adjusted individual. And it sure beats name calling and cussing which denotes an insecure, over emotional immature kid.

xmas1997
07-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Lets see if I'm getting this correctly.
bidness is probably business, right? da must mean "the", and dat must mean 'that'.
What's the point of all of that? Why crucify the English language in the process?
Sorry, I don't get it.

hooperflash
07-04-2013, 10:09 AM
1997? Damn.

Leetonidas
07-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Lets see if I'm getting this correctly.
bidness is probably business, right? da must mean "the", and dat must mean 'that'.
What's the point of all of that? Why crucify the English language in the process?
Sorry, I don't get it.
are you here to talk basketball or whine about the use of the word "dat" you little bitch. discuss ball or stfu

MannyIsGod
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
LOL a guy who's name is XMAS bitching about people using dat. Ironic as shit.

MannyIsGod
07-04-2013, 10:29 AM
The more I think about Manu's contract the more I hate it. Who exactly were the Spurs bidding against that Manu was able to get 14m over 2 yeas? I can't imagine that other teams were willing to do that. I just don't get how anyone thinks going forward Manu is worth that much money.

Captivus
07-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Does the Mexican fanbase love Manu?

Brazil
07-04-2013, 11:47 AM
The more I think about Manu's contract the more I hate it. Who exactly were the Spurs bidding against that Manu was able to get 14m over 2 yeas? I can't imagine that other teams were willing to do that. I just don't get how anyone thinks going forward Manu is worth that much money.

Two or three $M less would have been nice to give the Spurs a bit of flexibility. Re signing him is a no brainer at least for a business stand point and to keep the core together. I don't think 2 and 14 is totally out of the money but yeah that's a bit overpaid imho considering his age and the fact he is injury prone.

Mel_13
07-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Just saw quickly DPG / Bruno doin' work and DAF / ElNono trying to :downspin: dat contract but I need a recap tbth.

To be more accurate, I'm looking for an input regarding the quality of the :downspin:

Indeed, arguments are easy, on one side we have the: with this contract Manu fucked Spurs chance to land a solid FA aka AK47 and that's a lot of money for a TOSB on the other side we have the :downspin: Manu just took his market value, Spurs are not going to amnesty Bonner so they would do nothing with the extra money and :cry Manu did it for his kids :cry

Could somebody wrap up the situation for me ? who is the more convincing ? I would appreciate.

Sincelery yours,

your beloved Brazil

Is ElNono really a mod or is this a new element to your ongoing faux-war?

Brazil
07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Is ElNono really a mod or is this a new element to your ongoing faux-war?

He is a mod, that has been confirmed, he showed us his moderator tool and delete a nice trolling thread of spursince#99 announcing Manu signature at $M 20.

much deserved recognition tbh

too bad power went too much on his head, he barely talks to the mere mortals like us anymore :depressed

ElNono
07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
About his 2 seasons contract extension with the Spurs, he said: "As expected, we reached an agreement pretty quickly. We both were enthusiastic and we reached an agreement"

And, about how long he's going to keep playing, he added: "Right now I would tell you two seasons, but you never know. If the contract ends and I'm still enthusiastic, I'll keep going. But it could also happen that when the next season ends I don't feel like going on. Although I doubt it'll be like that".

Lastly, he analyzed his performance last season, where he reached his 4th NBA Finals. "I feel I'm still an important part of the team. I don't think I've changed that much. It's logical my game is different at 36 than it was at 26. I felt good, especially the last 3 months of the competition", he said.

"It was really close to be an epic season, but it ended up being just a superseason", he affirmed.

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1598141-manu-ginobili-si-estoy-bien-fisicamente-hay-mas-chances-de-que-juegue-el-mundial

Mel_13
07-04-2013, 11:59 AM
He is a mod, that has been confirmed, he showed us his moderator tool and delete a nice trolling thread of spursince#99 announcing Manu signature at $M 20.

much deserved recognition tbh

too bad power went too much on his head, he barely talks to the mere mortals like us anymore :depressed

:lol and thanks.

SpurSpurSpurs
07-04-2013, 12:02 PM
LOL a guy who's name is XMAS bitching about people using dat. Ironic as shit.

Seriously man, you got me laughing so hard there. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
07-04-2013, 12:03 PM
:lol mere mortals

Brazil
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
"If the contract ends and I'm still enthusiastic, I'll keep going".

"I don't think I've changed that much" "I felt good, especially the last 3 months of the competition"

:lol Manu trolling ST

Brazil
07-04-2013, 12:06 PM
:lol mere mortals

:depressed you don't talk to me like you used to :depressed
:cry I fear you think I'm not good enough anymore :cry

ElNono
07-04-2013, 12:09 PM
:depressed you don't talk to me like you used to :depressed
:cry I fear you think I'm not good enough anymore :cry

:lol don't go all emo on us, this place is already chock-full

HI-FI
07-04-2013, 12:10 PM

this. it pays to be bilingual I guess, I can't think of any other reason for the contract unless RC has something better figured out.

ElNono
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
this. it pays to be bilingual I guess, I can't think of any other reason for the contract unless RC has something better figured out.

tbh, I understand people bitching at this deal right now... What I never understood is your displeasure with his previous deal, tbh...

Brazil
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
:lol don't go all emo on us, this place is already chock-full

I'm trying to bring a bit of fun tbh, I fear some of our fellows are going to commit suicide. Best thing to do is to unite the mere mortals against the authority, it will give them something to talk about other than dat contract Manu signed to feed his kids.

ElNono
07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to bring a bit of fun tbh, I fear some of our fellows are going to commit suicide. Best thing to do is to unite the mere mortals against the authority, it will give them something to talk about other than dat contract Manu signed to feed his kids.

I'm actually more concerned with Jarret Jack having a monster game against us in November as a member of the Milwaukee Bucks, and a full blown emo implosion when that happens...

HI-FI
07-04-2013, 12:22 PM
tbh, I understand people bitching at this deal right now... What I never understood is your displeasure with his previous deal, tbh...
tbh, I know he made $14 million on his last year, and i understand he made that much because they felt he would live up to it and his wheels fell off quicker than expected. So my problem was that $14 million could've been spent in so many better ways than a guy who had a horrible Finals. but I know shit happens and last years on contracts always have that risk of overpaying someone compared to their efficacy. I had basically accepted that, but I worry we just repeated the same mistake with this contract, because if Manu continues to get shittier, then $7 million will seem too much.

I realize it's a business, and Manu gets paid because of his popularity, I just don't want money being siphoned off of people that are more effective at this stage. But if Manu can stay relatively healthy, quit the national team shit, perhaps adjust his game, then maybe this contract will work out.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm actually more concerned with Jarret Jack having a monster game against us in November as a member of the Milwaukee Bucks, and a full blown emo implosion when that happens...

:lol

spurs10
07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
First off, what does the word "dat" mean? I honestly don't think it is an English word. I have been researching this word and have found it's orgin in the belly of the French Quarter in New Orleans. Taking into consideration the copious amounts of alcoholic beverages consumed by the alcoholics that inhabitant this region, I believe it is simply a substituion for the word "that." When one is asked, "would you like another drink?" One might answer "dat's right." Or, one might be asked if one has relieved themselves in one's pants, without leaving their barstool. One might answer, "dat's right."

ElNono
07-04-2013, 12:30 PM
tbh, I know he made $14 million on his last year, and i understand he made that much because they felt he would live up to it and his wheels fell off quicker than expected. So my problem was that $14 million could've been spent in so many better ways than a guy who had a horrible Finals. but I know shit happens and last years on contracts always have that risk of overpaying someone compared to their efficacy. I had basically accepted that, but I worry we just repeated the same mistake with this contract, because if Manu continues to get shittier, then $7 million will seem too much.

I realize it's a business, and Manu gets paid because of his popularity, I just don't want money being siphoned off of people that are more effective at this stage. But if Manu can stay relatively healthy, quit the national team shit, perhaps adjust his game, then maybe this contract will work out.

I just don't recall people bitching at that deal much at all when it was handed to him. Obviously, nowhere near this deal. IIRC, people started complaining about that deal after Duncan re-upped for $10/season, which is a point where the Spurs can't just go and redo Manu's deal.

Josepatches_
07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Tired of all these posts.

It's even bored than that troll called "Thread" in the NBA forum .......:wakeup

HI-FI
07-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I just don't recall people bitching at that deal much at all when it was handed to him. Obviously, nowhere near this deal. IIRC, people started complaining about that deal after Duncan re-upped for $10/season, which is a point where the Spurs can't just go and redo Manu's deal.

this is true, i believe i started bitching about his contract when I saw how much Duncan was making and how much more he was contributing. like i said though, i accepted it and realized that's just bad timing. I don't mind Manu making good money on his last contract because we did get him for cheap in the beginning. I think more of the ire at this newest contract is because we fear we didn't learn a lesson, that he'll continue to get shittier and more injured, hence we overpaid again. So part of me understands the meltdown, I'm not totally burning out because I have faith in RC. all I know is that if Manu once again costs us a title, expect a lot of shit to get bumped. Of course, if he plays great this year and we win, then I imagine there will be a lot of bumping too.

MannyIsGod
07-04-2013, 12:49 PM
The points about Manu's popularity and the Spurs resigning him are fine if someone is asking WHY the Spurs resigned him. But if your'e talking about the Spurs overpaying for him then its a different notion unless someone else was willing to pay Manu that much. Impossible to know that for sure and there are stupid GMs out there but it seems like the Spurs overpaid for Manu.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-04-2013, 12:50 PM
This was so worth making a topic for.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2013, 12:50 PM
A couple of million doesn't really seem to matter for the cap strategy this season, which was pretty much get the MLE, and the Spurs are nowhere near the tax,so what's the big deal?

Brazil
07-04-2013, 01:01 PM
A couple of million doesn't really seem to matter for the cap strategy this season, which was pretty much get the MLE, and the Spurs are nowhere near the tax,so what's the big deal?

ah come on... don't kill all the fun with reasonable thinking

Mel_13
07-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Guess you didn't get the memo. I'll summarize:

Manu's greed and unwillingness to sacrifice for the team has sabotaged plans to sign a real difference maker in free agency.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Tired of all these posts.

It's even bored than that troll called "Thread" in the NBA forum .......:wakeup

if you are bored you can still re watch Brazil Spain or create a thread about SNT thinking that, because they are in Brazil, they have all the rights to bring hookers in a hotel and how they felt offended because somebody told them to go fuck themselves tbh.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 03:02 PM
:lol this Belenelli signing is not gonna help at :downspin: Manu's deal

ElNono
07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
:lol this Belenelli signing is not gonna help at :downspin: Manu's deal

:stirpot:

07-04-2013, 03:20 PM
If Ginobili agreed to sign last and take the MLE, then the Spurs would have had $8-10 million worth of cap space and maybe even a little more depending on waiving Bonner and Neal. The issue isn't how low the Spurs salary is, it's how much they can offer one player so they can competitively bid for free agents. Don't tell me that $8-10 million wouldn't have acquired a good player from the free agency. Instead, Manu ate the cap and they have no more than a few million to offer each player. The difference between a $10 million free agent and a $3 million free agent is immense and would have greatly improved the team even if Ginobili leaves.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 03:53 PM
If Ginobili agreed to sign last and take the MLE, then the Spurs would have had $8-10 million worth of cap space and maybe even a little more depending on waiving Bonner and Neal. The issue isn't how low the Spurs salary is, it's how much they can offer one player so they can competitively bid for free agents. Don't tell me that $8-10 million wouldn't have acquired a good player from the free agency. Instead, Manu ate the cap and they have no more than a few million to offer each player. The difference between a $10 million free agent and a $3 million free agent is immense and would have greatly improved the team even if Ginobili leaves.

man... it would have been great
if only Manu was not so selfish :depressed

Johnny RIngo
07-04-2013, 04:02 PM
man... it would have been great
if only Manu was not so selfish :depressed

Will Manu even play 60 games next season. IMO, he plays 45-55 games and goes down with an injury right before the playoffs

Brazil
07-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Will Manu even play 60 games next season. IMO, he plays 45-55 games and goes down with an injury right before the playoffs

he should play 2,33 x more games than Bele

Johnny RIngo
07-04-2013, 04:10 PM
he should play 2,33 x more games than Bele

If Manu can average 15 ppg on good efficiency in those 45 games next year I'd say he'd be worth the contract. But if we see 10 ppg on bad efficiency it's going to be disastrous on Spurstalk for all the Argie fans.

HI-FI
07-04-2013, 04:25 PM
damn. that puts a bad taste in my mouth again over the Manu deal.

but on the bright side, he's popular....and speaks spanish....or something.....

HI-FI
07-04-2013, 04:28 PM
If Manu can average 15 ppg on good efficiency in those 45 games next year I'd say he'd be worth the contract. But if we see 10 ppg on bad efficiency it's going to be disastrous on Spurstalk for all the Argie fans.
nah, he could blow another Finals and they won't stop :downspin: it. Lost cause.

I do think this Bellinelli pickup was a good one though, so things could still work out.

ohmwrecker
07-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Does anyone really believe that the Spurs were going to let Manu walk? That the big 3 would not go out together? I doubt Manu even negotiated. He just took what the Spurs generously offered tbh.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 04:30 PM
nah, he could blow another Finals and they won't stop :downspin: it. Lost cause.

I do think this Bellinelli pickup was a good one though, so things could still work out.

man... Belli at $M 6 is a great signing ! even if he didn't pan out, his contract is low enough to not hurt

Brazil
07-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Does anyone really believe that the Spurs were going to let Manu walk? That the big 3 would not go out together? I doubt Manu even negotiated. He just took what the Spurs generously offered tbh.

it is possible that Spurs had already finalized Belli signing before Manu's one, as they get a good deal for him, they have been more generous to Manu who has twins to feed tbh

ohmwrecker
07-04-2013, 04:33 PM
it is possible that Spurs had already finalized Belli signing before Manu's one, as they get a good deal for him, they have been more generous to Manu who has twins to feed tbh

I knew it! He totally Spreewelled Pop and RC.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 04:38 PM
cannot wait next season and end of FA

we have great comedy gold reserves !

- Marco back up PG experiment
- Manu injured after 20 games
- TP exausted from the Euro
- Tiago 3 rpg
- Bonner not waived
- Duncan benched on last plays when opposite teams need a 3
- Boris fatty after the summer break
- Neal going ham against the Spurs while Manu and Marco shit the bed

this site is going to go nuclear :lol

HI-FI
07-04-2013, 04:51 PM
man... Belli at $M 6 is a great signing ! even if he didn't pan out, his contract is low enough to not hurt
i'm very happy with the signing. SA's foreign appeal pays off again:lol

good news for this 4th of July. happy 4th Brazil and any others.

Brazil
07-04-2013, 04:53 PM
true dat ! I forgot Happy 4th to all !

kaji157
07-04-2013, 08:50 PM

Sincelery yours,

your beloved Brazil

First of all, Ginobili wasn´t ever going to get a 1 million dollar offer from the Spurs.
As a matter of fact he just had a press conference whrere he said that he accepted the offer the spurs made him.
Most likely, i think if you look around at what players like billups or kidd made last year Manu is likelly to be 4.5 millions as least market value, and they needed to go over the cap to activate the full MLE for 4 years, they could only do that by offering Manu a bit more, so that they do it on a shorter contract than Splitter´s.
Second of all, you are from Brazil, Vagina is making a lot of money just because he played well for as many games as Ginobili this postseason, don´t forget that. Spurs were not going to insult Ginobili by making him a lot less payed player than V.
And finally. If Ginobili somehow gets back to his more normal self, and produces accordinglly to his career numbers, then his value is right, on the other hand your homeboy needs to play much better to justify that ridiculous contract.
See ya next season.

Brazil
07-05-2013, 09:00 AM
First of all, Ginobili wasn´t ever going to get a 1 million dollar offer from the Spurs.
As a matter of fact he just had a press conference whrere he said that he accepted the offer the spurs made him.
Most likely, i think if you look around at what players like billups or kidd made last year Manu is likelly to be 4.5 millions as least market value, and they needed to go over the cap to activate the full MLE for 4 years, they could only do that by offering Manu a bit more, so that they do it on a shorter contract than Splitter´s.
Second of all, you are from Brazil, Vagina is making a lot of money just because he played well for as many games as Ginobili this postseason, don´t forget that. Spurs were not going to insult Ginobili by making him a lot less payed player than V.
And finally. If Ginobili somehow gets back to his more normal self, and produces accordinglly to his career numbers, then his value is right, on the other hand your homeboy needs to play much better to justify that ridiculous contract.
See ya next season.

First of all I'm French. I have 0 nationalism for Brazilian players, Tiago could be uzbek, wouldn't change anything in my book.
Second of all, never said Manu should have taken a $1M offer.
Finally if your argument is to say look at billups and kidd contracts... thanks for making my point. in retrospect baskerball wise that were some bad contracts.
:lol insult Ginobili with a 2 y / 12M$ contract for instance, gtfo
:lol that's some big "Ifs"

ChumpDumper
07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
If Ginobili agreed to sign last and take the MLE, then the Spurs would have had $8-10 million worth of cap space and maybe even a little more depending on waiving Bonner and Neal. The issue isn't how low the Spurs salary is, it's how much they can offer one player so they can competitively bid for free agents. Don't tell me that $8-10 million wouldn't have acquired a good player from the free agency. Instead, Manu ate the cap and they have no more than a few million to offer each player. The difference between a $10 million free agent and a $3 million free agent is immense and would have greatly improved the team even if Ginobili leaves.There is no MLE available if cap space is used.

07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
There is no MLE available if cap space is used.
I would like to know the source for that. There are three different kinds of MLE in the new CBA: taxpaying, non taxpaying, and under the cap exceptions. What could the Spurs do to disqualify them from the exceptions?