PDA

View Full Version : Andre Miller on the trade block

freetiago
07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/2/4487120/andre-miller-trade-rumors-denver-nuggets

not sure who we have that the Nuggets would want
but he is a really solid backup option
he can play at a slowed down halfcourt pace and you don't have to worry about injuries with him despite his age

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2013, 10:04 AM
He'll be very useful somewhere.

So crafty.

Nuggets have kind of become idiots (compared to earlier) since losing their very good GM to Toronto, so I guess there is a chance they'll go for something stupid.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Great player

Clipper Nation
07-04-2013, 10:12 AM
He's really not that great, tbh.... he overdribbles, he chucks, he often gets torched from three, and he's known to blatantly mail it in for a paycheck and be as cancerous as possible if he doesn't like the team he's on, tbh..... doesn't really strike me as the Spurs' kind of player.....

Leetonidas
07-04-2013, 10:13 AM
He's really not that great, tbh.... he overdribbles, he chucks, he often gets torched from three, and he's known to blatantly mail it in for a paycheck and be as cancerous as possible if he doesn't like the team he's on, tbh..... doesn't really strike me as the Spurs' kind of player.....

this pretty much. dude is like molasses out there now tbh he will get raped by Miami

Russo21
07-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Andre Miller is 0-8 in the playoffs for his career. So he'd love to come to a winning environment. I think he'd be a perfect fit. he's old and slow but that's never bothered him. He is crafty as they come. Very durable. Last 6 seasons he missed just 1 game. That's super impressive. Wouldn't mind Anthony Randolph to in a packaged deal. He's cheap, long with lots of upside still. We need a backup PG and Andre would fit like a glove. We could totally change our scheme with him on the floor. With Parker we're a full court full speed set up, Miller would take us back to the early days and play a slow half court based offense which would be a good mix up for the team. Gimme Gimme

8FOR!3
07-04-2013, 11:01 AM
He's the best passing point guard in basketball. And he's probably one of the most underrated PG's.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2013, 11:04 AM
He's the best passing point guard in basketball. And he's probably one of the most underrated PG's.

If NBA basketball were make-it take-it, you might have a point. There's defense to be played, and he don't play it. When a guy with a lot of talent moves from team to team to team, that should tell you something.

8FOR!3
07-04-2013, 11:07 AM
He was all defensive team in college (I know that was like a 100 years ago,) but I always thought he was a decent defending at point guard. Always thought his main flaw is he's slow and he can't shoot the deep ball.

deibero
07-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Andre makes 5m per year. we can send nando and bonner who make 5m combined to denver for him...

think it makes sense for both teams...

nando can play sg over there, they have fournier whos also french, and also get an expiring in bonner. we get two years of andre and he comes off the books in 2015 when basically the whole spurs team contract expires

i love it, andre can backup tp for 16-18 mins per and also you can play the 2 together for some stretches like den with lawson, get tp a little off the ball

Obstructed_View
07-04-2013, 11:13 AM
He was all defensive team in college (I know that was like a 100 years ago,) but I always thought he was a decent defending at point guard. Always thought his main flaw is he's slow and he can't shoot the deep ball.
His main flaw is he's lazy, doesn't want to fight through screens, doesn't want to rotate, doesn't want to get back on D, gambles for steals, doesn't communicate with teammates on the defensive end. Other than that, he's really good at throwing lobs. Since he would be on the floor with Manu and Diaw and Patty Mills, it's not likely there's going to be a lot of oops for him to alley.

coyotes_geek
07-04-2013, 11:16 AM
No thanks to Andre.

hyhy
07-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Andre Miller is 0-8 in the playoffs for his career. So he'd love to come to a winning environment. I think he'd be a perfect fit. he's old and slow but that's never bothered him. He is crafty as they come. Very durable. Last 6 seasons he missed just 1 game. That's super impressive. Wouldn't mind Anthony Randolph to in a packaged deal. He's cheap, long with lots of upside still. We need a backup PG and Andre would fit like a glove. We could totally change our scheme with him on the floor. With Parker we're a full court full speed set up, Miller would take us back to the early days and play a slow half court based offense which would be a good mix up for the team. Gimme Gimme

Didnt he just won gsw with his shot

kobyz
07-04-2013, 11:27 AM
He is done, was more than terrible in the warriors series after game1.

Mel_13
07-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Didnt he just won gsw with his shot

0-8 refers to playoff series. Miller's been to the playoffs 8 times in his career. His teams have been eliminated in the first round each time.

SenorSpur
07-04-2013, 11:58 AM
So what?

bklynspursfan
07-04-2013, 12:11 PM
0-8 refers to playoff series. Miller's been to the playoffs 8 times in his career. His teams have been eliminated in the first round each time.

Sounds like T-Mac lol

spurspokesman
07-04-2013, 12:21 PM
If NBA basketball were make-it take-it, you might have a point. There's defense to be played, and he don't play it. When a guy with a lot of talent moves from team to team to team, that should tell you something.cant be worse than neal lol

Baam
07-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Can't shoot the 3, is paid a lot for two more years (we already have an overpaid dinosaur guard in Manu the next two years), bitch about playing time (and he was getting 25min in Denver so he's gonna bitch a lot here)...

Rather sign Billups tbh, probably still has a few big shots left in the tank...

spurspokesman
07-04-2013, 12:28 PM
He can play the point flat out. Thats what the spurs need, a real point guard. This was painfully obvious against miami when turnobili and any other guard not named parker failed miserably lmao. He cant be worse than neal who runs point is spurts and he can create, real question is can we get him which i doubt but id be happy with the signing.

ElNono
07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
I like him on a 2 year deal