PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: What Makes Yall Think Harden Will Give Up The Ball To Dwight?

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2013, 11:48 AM
what makes Dwight think the situation in Houston will be better than in LA?

James Harden is nothing but a younger version of Kobe....he dominates the ball...so after being over-shadowed his whole career (whether behind Durant and Westbrook or even better players in the Olympics) now that he has his first taste of leading his own team and getting his own GLORY you think Harden will give up the ball so that the offense can slow down through an inept Dwight?...no fuck way...the Rox will be worse if Harden defers to Dwight...then Lin will need his touches...little Asian man is ineffective if he's not involved in the offense...plus after having a high IQ center in Yao Ming the Chinamen in Houston will hate Dwight's black man stereotypical incompetency....

Kai
07-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah, it's not like we've ever seen Harden play with another superstar before or anything... I'm sure he'd just be a selfish chucker.

StrengthAndHonor
07-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah, it's not like we've ever seen Harden play with another superstar before or anything... I'm sure he'd just be a selfish chucker.

Sad truth is Dwight thinks he'll be a leader of that team. He'll still be Harden's Tyson Chandler:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2013, 11:55 AM

he knew his place and pecking order in OKC...plus he was playing for a max contract...now that he has it and he's clearly the man in Houston...and the city owes him EVERYTHING for it's resurgence why would he NOW defer to a guy that can't make free throws or lead an offense...Harden is the go to guy..when Houston needed a shot badly or a defensive stop Harden did his job...Dwight wants the team to be his...he wants Harden to bow down to him...do you think Harden should...remember (according to Dwight himself and his camp) the only reason he wants to go to Dallas is because he thinks Dirk is on his last leg and he wants his own team....he can't have his own team with Harden there....I just don't see how this will work out for Dwight :lol

djohn2oo8
07-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Because Dwight already set his career low in shot attempts with Kobe.

djohn2oo8
07-04-2013, 12:37 PM
he knew his place and pecking order in OKC...plus he was playing for a max contract...now that he has it and he's clearly the man in Houston...and the city owes him EVERYTHING for it's resurgence why would he NOW defer to a guy that can't make free throws or lead an offense...Harden is the go to guy..when Houston needed a shot badly or a defensive stop Harden did his job...Dwight wants the team to be his...he wants Harden to bow down to him...do you think Harden should...remember (according to Dwight himself and his camp) the only reason he wants to go to Dallas is because he thinks Dirk is on his last leg and he wants his own team....he can't have his own team with Harden there....I just don't see how this will work out for Dwight :lol

Harden defers to Asik in the paint but he can't catch. Dwight can.

StrengthAndHonor
07-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Oh dude, Dwight can't catch as well. Nash tried that PNR for about 50 games and it was a definite failure. Harden loves that PNR so it will ne interesting how that plays out.

djohn2oo8
07-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh dude, Dwight can't catch as well. Nash tried that PNR for about 50 games and it was a definite failure. Harden loves that PNR so it will ne interesting how that plays out.
Dwight can catch better than Asik and finish at the rim better. He sucks at dribbling there.

urunobili
07-04-2013, 12:59 PM

Truth bomb is true

StrengthAndHonor
07-04-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll take your word on it. Didn't see much of Asik, maybe 2-3 games lol. I do know Dwight was horrible with turnovers particularly at catching the ball lasts season.

Jt.ONE
07-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Harden defers to Asik in the paint but he can't catch. Dwight can.

he might catch passes but will 85% get stripped instantly

LkrFan
07-04-2013, 01:27 PM
That's actually a major fallacy. Dwight was 2nd in post ups last year in the NBA. 2nd: think about that.

The problem was he was inept offensively and playing hurt. Instead of going to work, he quickly ended up passing the ball out to one of MDA's chuckers, hack-a-Dwight, or a turnover (especially in crunch time). To put it bluntly, he stunk offensively. Many of the above mentioned issues lead directly to even scrub teams running us out of the gym. To compound issues, we had the worst transition defense in the league.

Back on topic. He'd have higher (official) FGAs if he had at least one go-to offensive move. Case in point: He was the man during The Skunker! and all he could muster up was 17 ppg against a 37-year old.

Be careful of what you wish for son.

Thread
07-04-2013, 01:47 PM

They'll be much less fervor for him in Houston, or, all other points elsewhere. The Hack-a-Howard will be used sparingly, if at all.

It's human nature to tromp on it if it's the Lakers & ease off otherwise.

Clipper Nation
07-04-2013, 01:52 PM
They'll be much less fervor for him in Houston, or, all other points elsewhere. The Hack-a-Howard will be used sparingly, if at all.

It's human nature to tromp on it if it's the Lakers & ease off otherwise.
Shit take, tbh.... he was hacked constantly in Orlando....

unforeseen
07-04-2013, 02:02 PM

:lol Yet you still begging.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2013, 02:08 PM
a laker fan talkin about harden not passing the ball..

so why the double standards judging whether any rocket scrub is going to pass it to d12, when rapists wont pass it to d12 if he stays

gnsf0946
07-04-2013, 02:23 PM
a laker fan talkin about harden not passing the ball..

so why the double standards judging whether any rocket scrub is going to pass it to d12, when rapists wont pass it to d12 if he stays

well to be fair no one expected Kobe to pass the ball in the first place whereas some folks here try to make harden look like the 2nd coming of Stockton tbh

da_suns_fan
07-04-2013, 02:32 PM

This.

And hes a lot better than Kobe:

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&player_ids%5B%5D=229&player_ids%5B%5D=137

Harden was surrounded with zero talent and he STILL didnt shoot as much as Kobe did last year.

GuerillaBlack
07-04-2013, 02:42 PM
well to be fair no one expected Kobe to pass the ball in the first place whereas some folks here try to make harden look like the 2nd coming of Stockton tbh

Nigga don't come in here with that bullshit. No one said that.

elmanutres
07-04-2013, 02:42 PM
owned OP in one swift move. :clap

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2013, 03:57 PM
This.

And hes a lot better than Kobe:

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&player_ids%5B%5D=229&player_ids%5B%5D=137

Harden was surrounded with zero talent and he STILL didnt shoot as much as Kobe did last year.

one can play loose and free when there's ZERO expectations...but make no mistake Kobe is 10 yrs older than Harden and when they played 1 on 1 last summer Kobe still beat him...imagine Kobe in his prime playing this game...Harden would be run outta the gym....tbh - :lol

OWp7T6E8ug8

2KKvzzBdZ-0

Rogue
07-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Rin is worthless anyways, and I don't think DH's efficiency will be reduced due to the existence of harden. Harden can be an excellent team player (just like Kobe Johansson) but was forced to play hero ball more often than not. DH would condense the 3-sec zone and create more freedom for their outside shooters. The only question is if he will ever get back his pre-injury form imho

The Third Man
07-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Kobe has one fucking achilles. He's done.

Michael Jordan.
09-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Salty

ambchang
09-23-2013, 03:21 PM
LOL, blaming Dwight in the pick and roll and significantly exaggerating his ineptitude on offense.

Even though he was "horrible" last year by his own standards, he still finished #9 in the league in terms of finishing the pick and roll with 1.29 points per pick and roll. For those mathematically challenged, that's high. The year before, Dwight was the #2 roll man in the league, and #1 the year before that. Why his numbers dropped with the Lakers is anybody's guess, but big men generally need competent guards to feed him the ball, and a roll man has to have someone to pass him to ball to finish. If people can solve the reasons as the why the Lakers didn't do it more last year, they most definitely would have finished higher than a 7th seed, and most definitely will not need 12+ FTA in the final games to make that playoff push, and most most definitely not be swept in the 1st round by double digits every single game.

With the Rockets, both Harden and Lin are very good at running the pick and roll. With Howard as the finisher, the Rockets will have a go-to offense that will be akin to the Stockton-Malone offense of the late 90s as long as Dwight is willing to play ball instead of calling for post ups.

RsxPiimp
09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Cliff notes pls

Koolaid_Man
09-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Salty

^ translation = "Kool I admire you and bumped your old shit because it was on point I used the word salty because I'm to chicken shit to admit the truth" :toast

Koolaid_Man
09-23-2013, 03:44 PM
LOL, blaming Dwight in the pick and roll and significantly exaggerating his ineptitude on offense.

Even though he was "horrible" last year by his own standards, he still finished #9 in the league in terms of finishing the pick and roll with 1.29 points per pick and roll. For those mathematically challenged, that's high. The year before, Dwight was the #2 roll man in the league, and #1 the year before that. Why his numbers dropped with the Lakers is anybody's guess, but big men generally need competent guards to feed him the ball, and a roll man has to have someone to pass him to ball to finish. If people can solve the reasons as the why the Lakers didn't do it more last year, they most definitely would have finished higher than a 7th seed, and most definitely will not need 12+ FTA in the final games to make that playoff push, and most most definitely not be swept in the 1st round by double digits every single game.

With the Rockets, both Harden and Lin are very good at running the pick and roll. With Howard as the finisher, the Rockets will have a go-to offense that will be akin to the Stockton-Malone offense of the late 90s as long as Dwight is willing to play ball instead of calling for post ups.

I wrote this months ago..I don't give a shit about the thread today..I'm the type to love em and leave em fast :toast

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 03:46 PM
love how kool advertises himself as a money making lady's man when he is a laker fan who posts more on a spurs forum than a vast majority of spurs fans on this site, and welshed on a 500 dollar bet. sorry Kool, but a Laker fan who posts all day on a spurs forum doesn't exactly reflect success with the ladies

Koolaid_Man
09-23-2013, 04:07 PM
love how kool advertises himself as a money making lady's man when he is a laker fan who posts more on a spurs forum than a vast majority of spurs fans on this site, and welshed on a 500 dollar bet. sorry Kool, but a Laker fan who posts all day on a spurs forum doesn't exactly reflect success with the ladies

who says I posts all day...I'm more of the pot shot type :hat....

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 04:34 PM
who says I posts all day

:lmao

ambchang
09-23-2013, 08:40 PM
I wrote this months ago..I don't give a shit about the thread today..I'm the type to love em and leave em fast :toast

I am bot surprised welchers don't stand behind his words.

Only logical thing you posted on this forum.

lefty
09-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Salty

Michael Jordan.
10-05-2013, 02:15 PM
:lol