PDA

View Full Version : Texas' Next Athletic Director...

DMX7
07-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Lynn Hickey

Just imagine what she could do with Texas' resources. Delo$$ Dodd$ doesn't hold anyone accountable for anything that happens on the field. Hickey would straighten that place up and bring the goods. Not to mention she has a professional relationship with Dodds, so she would likely get his endorsement once he retires because let's be honest -- he is never going to get fired.

Blake
07-05-2013, 08:06 AM
She might go back to A&M before she goes to Austin

rjv
07-05-2013, 10:23 AM
i guess a die hard ag could eventually work for texas (money talks).

DMX7
07-05-2013, 02:23 PM
A surprising number of Aggies work for UTSA.

Vito Corleone
07-06-2013, 04:15 AM
I have no idea who is running the athletic dept at Stanford, but as good as all their sports are doing, I'd take him.

rjv
07-06-2013, 12:33 PM
if the basis for the mark of an exceptional AD is the sum achievements of its sports programs then a&m's AD just had a stellar year, improving the school's ranking from 27th to 2nd in the Capital One Cup. question is whether or not the successes of the peripheral programs have a positive impact on the marquee sports (i.e., football, basketball)

DMX7
07-06-2013, 12:52 PM
I have no idea who is running the athletic dept at Stanford, but as good as all their sports are doing, I'd take him.

I think he just became the Big XII commissioner.

FkLA
07-11-2013, 05:22 PM
I doubt it. Most UT fans would probably have some sort of elitist reaction to it, probably wouldnt embrace her even though shes more than capable. Not to mention her A&M past tbh.

Vito Corleone
07-11-2013, 06:44 PM
I doubt it. Most UT fans would probably have some sort of elitist reaction to it, probably wouldnt embrace her even though shes more than capable. Not to mention her A&M past tbh.

I remember Barry Switzer saying something very similar about Texas never having a black QB because the exes would never embrace him. Success has the ability to bring about acceptance. We bring in a woman, even an aggsy and she is successful I guarantee the Texas alumni will embrace her.

FkLA
07-11-2013, 08:46 PM
I remember Barry Switzer saying something very similar about Texas never having a black QB because the exes would never embrace him. Success has the ability to bring about acceptance. We bring in a woman, even an aggsy and she is successful I guarantee the Texas alumni will embrace her.

I meant the initial reaction. I agree that she could win people over but I just think right now the alumni are so upset that someone as unknown (to most of them anyways) as Hickey would cause alot of negative feedback...negative feedback UT would probably rather not deal with.