PDA

View Full Version : Marco will replace Manu as crowd favorite by end of 1st game f season

hater
07-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Beli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Turnobili

What a fucking waste of money on d argentine :pctoss

ElNono
07-04-2013, 05:38 PM
you would hope anyways

elmanutres
07-04-2013, 05:39 PM
time to change your avatar hater

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2013, 05:40 PM
:rollinAll these Spurs fans breaking their heads and trying to figure out numbers on how the FO can acquire AK47 or some other impact FA when all that was necessary was for Manu to take less $$$. Splitter is younger and has never earned big $$$ so he is excused. But Manu? He was supposed to be the savior. He was the one who is supposed to willingly sacrifice $$$ to try to give back Timmy his 5th ring that Manu handed to the Heat. :lol :lmao

hater
07-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh its a done deal

The italian stallion >>>>>> the argentine bumper car

hater
07-04-2013, 05:41 PM
:rollinAll these Spurs fans breaking their heads and trying to figure out numbers on how the FO can acquire AK47 or some other impact FA when all that was necessary was for Manu to take less $$$. Splitter is younger and has never earned big $$$ so he is excused. But Manu? He was supposed to be the savior. He was the one who is supposed to willingly sacrifice $$$ to try to give back Timmy his 5th ring that Manu handed to the Heat. :lol :lmao

Cosign

ElNono
07-04-2013, 05:41 PM
lol meltdowns

PlayNando
07-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Pathetic take per par.

ffadicted
07-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I would be very surprised and extremely happy if Belli turns out to be good enough to be undeniably better than manu

maurolv
07-04-2013, 06:29 PM
You poor dumb fuck.

Kool Bob Love
07-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Gonna be at the game with my "trade belinelli" sign. :toast

hater
07-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Man just when I was going to switch to another team they sign Super Marco

Tp + Beli will be the best backcourt in the Nba. Green coming ff the bench will just be gravy.

And Manu as 3rd string pg behind CoJo is not too shabby

sexinthatsx
07-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Man just when I was going to switch to another team they sign Super Marco

Tp + Beli will be the best backcourt in the Nba. Green coming ff the bench will just be gravy.

And Manu as 3rd string pg behind CoJo is not too shabby

gtfo

elmanutres
07-04-2013, 07:47 PM
wonder what cheesy name bill land will label this guy. wonder what cheesy punch line sean ****** will come up with this guy. can't be worse than boris croissant punch line

*Edit* why the hell is seans last name automatically censored?

Rogue
07-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Not sure how much he's gonna do on the court but he's definitely gonna become the new favorite of crowd (especially among female fans) in a few months tbh

kaji157
07-04-2013, 08:40 PM
I bet you 1000 dollars you are wrong.

johnpaulwall21
07-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I think Leonard is already doing that.

hater
07-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Not sure how much he's gonna do on the court but he's definitely gonna become the new favorite of crowd (especially among female fans) in a few months tbh

http://epicmess.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/marco_belinelli-rambo1.jpg

SpurOutofTownFan
07-04-2013, 11:27 PM

mmmmm no

poeticism707
07-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Give Pop props, landing Beli is very good move, must have been a rare, 4 leaf clover, sober moment.

Honestly, Spurs are lucky bastards to land a very good role player in Beli after overpaying/wasting 7m on Manu.

Won't matter a lick though if Pop decides to give the title away as some stupid training exercise to the other team...

AGAIN.

PingPong
07-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Aestethically speaking, for a italian guy, he's ugly as a fuck, his face looks kinda like melted or something like that. Bargnani looks better than him, tbh. And Ginobili sounds italian to me. Manu probably has some italian background.

Perry Mason
07-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Aestethically speaking, for a italian guy, he's ugly as a fuck, his face looks kinda like melted or something like that. Bargnani looks better than him, tbh. And Ginobili sounds italian to me. Manu probably has some italian background.

Yes, Manu is Italian by heritage. I thought every Spur fan knew that.

racm
07-05-2013, 07:52 AM
As much as I like Marco's gutsy shots and play can he do Manu's nutmeg passes without turning it over?

UZER
07-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Yes, Manu is Italian by heritage. I thought every Spur fan knew that.

Not everyone is on the case like you are.

Spursfan092120
07-05-2013, 08:39 AM
wonder what cheesy name bill land will label this guy. wonder what cheesy punch line sean ****** will come up with this guy. can't be worse than boris croissant punch line

*Edit* why the hell is seans last name automatically censored?
That's what happens when you spell the shit wrong.

It's spelled ELLIOTT

MmP
07-05-2013, 08:51 AM
A pain in the ass, tbh

pgardn
07-05-2013, 08:55 AM
If the OP statement plays out, then we will know our fan base has taken a step into a pool of dementia with a large dash of Alzheimer's.

Never forget what Manu has given us. Good and bad. Take Johnny Moore's jersey down and put two up for Manu.

Skull-1
07-05-2013, 08:55 AM
As much as I like Marco's gutsy shots and play can he do Manu's nutmeg passes without turning it over?

Manu sure couldn't do those in The Finals, frankly... Heck, he was Miami's best passer. How many assists did Manu give the cHeat in Game Seven?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-05-2013, 09:34 AM

You're gonna be In for a long season bro

davidbowie
07-05-2013, 11:39 AM
why did u pick just after one game

hater
07-05-2013, 02:19 PM
If the OP statement plays out, then we will know our fan base has taken a step into a pool of dementia with a large dash of Alzheimer's.

Never forget what Manu has given us. Good and bad. Take Johnny Moore's jersey down and put two up for Manu.

R u kidding? If crowd favorites are chosen by what a player gave to his team, Tim Duncan should be the crowd favorite by a million miles.

Let's face it, crowd favorites are chosen by many factors such as flair, name, color of the skin, etc, etc.

Manu was the white/brown hope of the fans. Now, Fat Antonians will see the real 100% Italiano Stallion blood running around and forget about the old Argentine Italian-wannabe.

Manu is a Fiat these days. Marco Belinelli is a Lamborgini.

FromWayDowntown
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Luckily, most Spurs fans aren't as petulant and myopic as those who post frequently in this forum.

elmanutres
07-05-2013, 03:35 PM

this. except for the johnny moore thing. im mad manu threw away that series but you can never forget what he brought to this franchise. that's why it bothers me that manu haters think he needs to be fucking banished from san antonio. like if he was some scrub like bonner or neal. he ain't the same anymore but he has done more good than bad. any person who think manu should be crucified on the heat series alone should turn in their spurs gear

Baam
07-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Manu is now a scrub and if you think he's gonna adapt and stop throwing the ball into the stand then you're sorely mistaken... Pop isn't gonna tell him to do anything different either...

spurman123
07-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Manu would be good if he stopped deferring the shot for a horrible pass when he's in he lane.

unforeseen
07-05-2013, 04:28 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/t8qn4k.gif

Sean Cagney
07-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Manu would be good if he stopped deferring the shot for a horrible pass when he's in he lane.

^^^^^^^^ This.

hater
07-05-2013, 04:34 PM
not really. Manu's shot is gone. He shoots around the 30s now. that is good enough for towelwaver status

let's review. He's slow as fuck, terrible decision making, gambling fouling defense, and his shot is completely gone. yeah, let's give him 7 million a year

pgardn
07-05-2013, 05:00 PM
R u kidding? If crowd favorites are chosen by what a player gave to his team, Tim Duncan should be the crowd favorite by a million miles.

Let's face it, crowd favorites are chosen by many factors such as flair, name, color of the skin, etc, etc.

Manu was the white/brown hope of the fans. Now, Fat Antonians will see the real 100% Italiano Stallion blood running around and forget about the old Argentine Italian-wannabe.

Manu is a Fiat these days. Marco Belinelli is a Lamborgini.

So mania as well as dementia...
Good for you.

And Tim Duncan is a favorite (who said otherwise) and the best player to ever play for the Spurs.

ElNono
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k332/HendrixHalen/troll_thread.jpg

HI-FI
10-19-2013, 08:55 PM
hater with his most prescient thread yet.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 08:57 PM
He actually botched this one too, per par... but he's going to tell you he was talking about the regular season :rolleyes

ElNono
10-19-2013, 09:00 PM
BTW, I like Belli... rooting for him.

Johnny RIngo
10-19-2013, 09:00 PM
not really. Manu's shot is gone. He shoots around the 30s now. that is good enough for towelwaver status

let's review. He's slow as fuck, terrible decision making, gambling fouling defense, and his shot is completely gone. yeah, let's give him 7 million a year

Honestly, SA should have offered him 5 mil at most. Last year, he was only worth about $4 mil and it's probably safe to say he will be even worse this year. 5 mil would have been more than fair. But yeah, Manu got greedy and fucked the team over for the AK sweepstakes. Then we ended up using the rest of our capspace on a guy that isn't even as good as Neal(Belli) and a scrub bigman that won't make any kind of impact at all this year.

Raven
10-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Belinelli was a -20, manu was a +5.. just sayin..

ElNono
10-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm glad Manu made a 'significant sacrifice' (per RC), and re-signed for pennies on the dollar. I think Belli hasn't overwhelmed yet, but it's already much more solid than Neal ever been. Ayers is a project, and I think he'll come around.

All in all, another offseason where the Spurs spent their money wisely.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Manu looked slow as hell tonite. Wade is probably not the best person to test him against but he was doing that lackadaisical dribble to the backcourt from the corner crossover back to the baseline and Manu was flatfooted.

And ffs some teams take their eyes of there man in transition. The Heat do not. Beasley hasn't learned but Spoelstra has the rest of the team locked in on the passing lanes. Either force the issue then pass or fucking adjust and don't throw the ball into contested lanes. He is STILL doing that shit. Make them respect your drive or you just cannot do that anymore.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 09:16 PM
defense wasn't there... but 13pts in 13mins is classical Manu... and 4 assists to boot, in a game Tony just didn't show up... Kawhi was beast and Belli was good too... preseason, nothing to get worked over about.

Johnny RIngo
10-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm glad Manu made a 'significant sacrifice' (per RC), and re-signed for pennies on the dollar.

Like I said, they overpaid for him. Manu will once again play back-up point and fail come playoff time. Jarret Jack would have filled that role at a cheaper price.

I think Belli hasn't overwhelmed yet, but it's already much more solid than Neal ever been.

Belli sucked against the Heat. Neal shot lights out. They're equally bad at defense.

Ayers is a project, and I think he'll come around.

An expensive project big that will spend most of the season in Pop's doghouse.

All in all, another offseason where the Spurs spent their money wisely.

They played it safe and ensured they won't make it back to the Finals. A contending team should always strive to get better. SA always stands pat which is why they've never won back-to-back championships or even went to the Finals in back-to-back years. 2nd round exit.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Well, I disagree. Manu is simply too valuable to this team, both on and off the floor. lol Jarret Jack

Belli has size, something Neal will never have. He already played as many good games against the Heat as a Spur as Neal did all last season. Ayers is a project and already an upgrade over Blair. The Spurs have options for big men.

Not making the Finals again wouldn't be any shocker. 28 out of 30 teams every season don't make it. Health permitting, this is another 50+ wins teams, which is in the upper echelon of the league. A lot of things have to fall in place to make it back to the Finals, but I think they can compete against any team. That's all you can ask for.

callo1
10-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Marco will allow Manu to go back to being Manu again.

Johnny RIngo
10-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Well, I disagree. Manu is simply too valuable to this team, both on and off the floor. lol Jarret Jack

This isn't 2011 anymore. Hell, even 2012 Manu was a pretty good player. But, right now, Manu no longer impacts the game like he used to. The On Court / Off Court stats reflect this decline for Ginobili:

2011: +13.3 net
2012: +10.0 net
2013: +1.8 net

You can laugh at Jack all you want but the difference between him and Manu isn't as big as you think it is.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 09:40 PM
He had a bad year last season, but you don't throw such a good player under the bus after one bad season. He'll either get back to his level or he won't, but you give him the benefit of the doubt. The Spurs clearly did.

And no knock on Jack, but he ain't getting people on the seats. There's obviously a business side to all this too.

Skull-1
10-19-2013, 11:28 PM
He had a bad year last season, but you don't throw such a good player under the bus after one bad season. He'll either get back to his level or he won't, but you give him the benefit of the doubt. The Spurs clearly did.

And no knock on Jack, but he ain't getting people on the seats. There's obviously a business side to all this too.

Manu is finished and so are we. Exit Round Two at best.

ElNono
10-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Manu is finished and so are we. Exit Round Two at best.

We'll see. I like this team chances. Two seasons ago we were having the same discussion ("no longer contender", "farewell tour", etc)

They might not make it as far as last season, but the last two seasons they've been a joy to watch, despite the heartbreaks.

Skull-1
10-20-2013, 10:37 AM
We'll see. I like this team chances. Two seasons ago we were having the same discussion ("no longer contender", "farewell tour", etc)

They might not make it as far as last season, but the last two seasons they've been a joy to watch, despite the heartbreaks.it has been fun, but oh the humanity!

hater
10-20-2013, 08:22 PM
:lol there are some blind homers inhere. jarret jack >>>> manu at this point

you replace manu with jack and spurs win the 2013 finals in 5

look_at_g_shred
10-20-2013, 08:31 PM
:lol there are some blind homers inhere. jarret jack >>>> manu at this point

you replace manu with jack and spurs win the 2013 finals in 5
How's Belinelli's push for king of San Antonio coming along?

ElNono
10-20-2013, 08:36 PM
:lol after "Lebron will never get it done", you should know you're not supposed to take the OP's threads for their predictive value or opinions, just for the lols...

Skull-1
10-20-2013, 08:40 PM
How's Belinelli's push for king of San Antonio coming along?
Good.

look_at_g_shred
10-20-2013, 08:41 PM
:lol after "Lebron will never get it done", you should know you're not supposed to take the OP's threads for their predictive value or opinions, just for the lols...
I do take it that way. I just wanna piss him off lol

ElNono
10-20-2013, 08:43 PM
hater doesn't get mad... my bolivian comrade knows what he's doing, tbh...

Skull-1
10-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I do take it that way. I just wanna piss him off lol. Not likely to happen.