PDA

View Full Version : How Spurs can get involved in Howard deal...

coachmac87
07-05-2013, 10:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Was just messing around and probably won't happen....but hey it works!!!

coachmac87
07-05-2013, 11:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mlnk9nq

SpursDynasty21
07-05-2013, 11:03 AM
The San Antonio Spurs were competing in the NBA Finals at the time, and they were discussed as an option since they would have the necessary cap space to offer a maximum contract this summer. This was news to Howard and the situation initially intrigued the big man, who has made it clear that his goal is to be part of a perennial contender. However, the Spurs wanted to keep their Finals core together, including re-signing center Tiago Splitter, and they weren’t interested enough to warrant a meeting.http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-dwight-howard-and-the-warriors

Interrohater
The only way we get "involved" in the Howard deal is to become a third or fourth party in a trade. Otherwise, I wouldn't even want that clown on the team. He likes being the big fish in a little pond and he has a loser's mentality. If he was really all about winning, he would stay in L.A. and negotiate a smaller contract. He doesn't want to be a leader and you can see the fear when he's the focal point of a SERIOUS situation, as he had in LA. He was expected to win, unlike in Orlando where he could just clown around and have fun. The real reason he won't be back with LA? He doesn't like anything being expected of him; and Kobe expects a lot. He'll go somewhere that the expectations are more about comedy routines than winning basketball.

ducks
just what the jazz need another point guard

coachmac87
07-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Will this trade benefit Warriors with cap space to do business??

SpurSpurSpurs
07-05-2013, 11:05 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/xzibit-yo-dawg/yo-dawg-its-past-your-bed-time-go-to-bed.jpg

coachmac87
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
De Colo is a combo guard. They really want Bogut

coachmac87
07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Are y'all not clicking the link?? Howard isn't part of trade

cjw
07-05-2013, 11:09 AM
The only way we get "involved" in the Howard deal is to become a third or fourth party in a trade. Otherwise, I wouldn't even want that clown on the team. He likes being the big fish in a little pond and he has a loser's mentality. If he was really all about winning, he would stay in L.A. and negotiate a smaller contract. He doesn't want to be a leader and you can see the fear when he's the focal point of a SERIOUS situation, as he had in LA. He was expected to win, unlike in Orlando where he could just clown around and have fun. The real reason he won't be back with LA? He doesn't like anything being expected of him; and Kobe expects a lot. He'll go somewhere that the expectations are more about comedy routines than winning basketball.

Completely agree. These are the types of situations where third party teams can take serious advantage of the situation and get an outsized return. Problem is, there's nothing I see us being able to do here. Teams well below the cap are most poised to get assets. For instance, I can see the Hawks (Ferry & Bud) taking out an RJ or Biedrins if it means getting some great draft picks for the rebuild.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mlnk9nq

Keep dreaming on that deal. Barnes is a serious asset and Bogut isn't a hindrance, just makes a lot of money but is a good player. Only way the W's give up Barnes/Thompson in a deal is if one of those bad expiring deals comes along with them.

And to think that minus the Jax/Jefferson trade and if they had never decided to give DeAndre an offer sheet (amnestying Bell instead of Biedrins), they would have the space to simply sign Dwight by moving only Bogut (easy task).

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 11:15 AM

GSW can trade Bogut to Utah for a second round pick. They don't need to include Barnes to get rid of Bogut. They're also looking to create max cap space, so taking back 5.7M in salaries won't work.

Now to move Biedrins or Jefferson, they'll have to include Barnes or Thompson. If you're going to play around with possible scenarios, trades involving Biedrins or Jefferson would be the way to go.

Interrohater
07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I posted that after your first link didn't work

coachmac87
07-05-2013, 11:21 AM
GSW can trade Bogut to Utah for a second round pick. They don't need to include Barnes to get rid of Bogut. They're also looking to create max cap space, so taking back 5.7M in salaries won't work.

Now to move Biedrins or Jefferson, they'll have to include Barnes or Thompson. If you're going to play around with possible scenarios, trades involving Biedrins or Jefferson would be the way to go.

10/4. Wouldn't you take on RJ or Beidnres for Barnes?

rascal
07-05-2013, 11:23 AM

The player who the clown is is Splitter.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM
10/4. Wouldn't you take on RJ or Beidnres for Barnes?

There are probably teams who would, but that team would need well in excess of 10M of cap space to be a suitable trade partner for GSW. The Spurs don't have, and can't create, anywhere near that much space. Now, a team like Atlanta may be interested in taking on a year of RJ to get Barnes in the deal.

BatManu20
07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Let it go.

wut
07-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Go Home GNSF, you're drunk.

kobexxx
07-05-2013, 01:54 PM
hes not interested

I. Hustle
07-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Is there any way that we can trade for Richard Jefferson. That dude used to ball in New Jersey.

I. Hustle
07-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Let it go.

BatManu, how are you still a GNSF?

look_at_g_shred
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Is there any way that we can trade for Richard Jefferson. That dude used to ball in New Jersey.

dallasmaverickslose
07-05-2013, 04:22 PM

:rollin

therealtruth
07-05-2013, 04:22 PM
So the Spurs were interested in Howard but then decided Tiago Splitter is better?

Bambililos
07-05-2013, 04:27 PM
:lol