PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Dwight Howard to Warriors almost a done deal

Thebesteva
07-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Numerous sources saying Dwight to Warriors looks nearly complete, others say Houston still a close 2nd, Lakers are way out of the sweepstakes by now. Chris Broussard says that Dwight did NOT like Kobe's presentation about teaching him how to win championships.

https://twitter.com/MarkHeisler/statuses/353178806862884865

Source: #Warriors (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Warriors&src=hash) are expected to get #D12 (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23D12&src=hash)’s max slot by packaging expiring deals w/No. 1 picks... If that’s all Dwight needs, he’s theirs.

Baam
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Of course Mark Jackson is the perfect mentor for him... Gonna be a scary team.

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Would he have abided the blueprint that Bryant & the Lakers put forth if he had signed? Most likely not.

---

Doesn't look like we'll be getting Thompson, just the dregs. Picks are shit.

Bill_Brasky
07-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Of course Mark Jackson is the perfect mentor for him... Gonna be a scary team.

They can take turns leading bible study.

Clipper Nation
07-05-2013, 11:08 AM
:lol LA Times is reporting the Lakers want Klay AND Barnes in a sign-and-trade for Bible Kemp....

CitizenDwayne
07-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Dwight and Jackson could be the most insufferable duo in NBA history.

I'll believe this when I see it, though, seeing as it's coming from Broussard.

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:09 AM
:lol LA Times is reporting the Lakers want Klay AND Barnes in a sign-and-trade for Bible Kemp....

& I want Christy Turlington to sit on my face.

Thebesteva
07-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Fuckin Jerry West man LMAO he's the man

Baam
07-05-2013, 11:12 AM
:lol Rockets showing him vids of Yao thinking he's was gonna give a fuck... Gotta have someone who really talk to that idiot and that's Mark Jackson...

Bill_Brasky
07-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Dwight and Jackson could be the most insufferable duo in NBA history.

I'll believe this when I see it, though, seeing as it's coming from Broussard.

http://deadspin.com/5923395/congratulations-you-are-chris-broussards-source

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:14 AM

If this happens Lakers gonna be a contender and Warriors gonna be a 8th seed :lmao

Clipper Nation
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
If this happens Lakers gonna be a contender and Warriors gonna be a 8th seed :lmao
They'd both be mediocre.... you really think Kirby's gonna let Klay and Barnes touch the ball? :lol

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
:lol Rockets showing him vids of Yao thinking he's was gonna give a fuck... Gotta have someone who really talk to that idiot and that's Mark Jackson...

Mark Jackson to Dwight Howard: "This is God's team, and where God wants you to be."

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:17 AM
They'd both be mediocre.... you really think Kirby's gonna let Klay and Barnes touch the ball? :lol

They will win in preseason between Nov - Dec before Achilles comes back

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM

yes....his injury has forced him to and he knows it....they will be a formidable team now if they can pull off Klay and Barnes...youth, speed, athleticism...just need a decent PG and bring Nash off the bench...

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
yes....his injury has forced him to and he knows it....they will be a formidable team now if they can pull off Klay and Barnes...youth, speed, athleticism...just need a decent PG and bring Nash off the bench...

Kirby can be a PG when he choose to

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Dwight cannot be shipped out fast enough for me...he's damaged goods....GSW are fools for getting rid of Klay...dude plays great defense and is balls deep accurate on his 3 ball....with a little work in the gym with K to the Izzzoo he will be ready to take it to the next level....

Thebesteva
07-05-2013, 11:25 AM
BTW if this goes through, LOL @ Rocket fans

Suspect
07-05-2013, 11:27 AM
we'll still have a better season than the lakers :lmao

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM

True :lol

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
If its for Klay and Harrison Barnes, Lakers is the biggest winner imo. Damn good trade, do it anytime tbh

Juggity
Golden State would have to be fucking retarded to give up Thompson and Barnes for brokeback Dwight.

Fabbs
He's a freaking free agent on July 10th. Why the f would he do a *sign and trade* with The Fakeshow?
Dwights agents are not going to screw up his new Warrior team by doing a sign and trade that hurts the Warriors in any way. When he can walk there on the 10th. I'm sure they can find some way to shred salary better then help the WWE.

Unless this is Laker rigged once again, with Buss and Stern paying the Warriors owner off in multimillions.

Koolaid_Man

one decent season in almost 20 yrs and now you think it translates to next season :lol @roxfan

Thebesteva

Lakers arent about better seasons, its win it all are go home. Who gives a shit if you win more regular season games?

LOL Rocket fan mentality

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
So if this happens, will the Lakers out themselves as completely no pride having liars? First they begged and begged Dwight to stay and embarrassed the entire history of their franchise. Not only that, they told everyone they refuse to do a S&T. If they cave, does that make LAL the most gutless, loser franchise of all time?

Clipper Nation
07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
:lol Nice deflection, but the joke will really be on Lakerfan....

:cry "But but but nobody willingly leaves the Lakers!" :cry

:lmao

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Golden State would have to be fucking retarded to give up Thompson and Barnes for brokeback Dwight.

He's a freaking free agent on July 10th. Why the f would he do a *sign and trade* with The Fakeshow?
Dwights agents are not going to screw up his new Warrior team by doing a sign and trade that hurts the Warriors in any way. When he can walk there on the 10th. I'm sure they can find some way to shred salary better then help the WWE.

Unless this is Laker rigged once again, with Buss and Stern paying the Warriors owner off in multimillions.

Relax you 2. :rolleyes

Koolaid_Man

:lol it would be the steal of the century for us

Spur-Addict
All depends on what they get back. I would insist on Barnes being in the trade.

Thread
So if this happens, will the Lakers out themselves as completely no pride having liars? First they begged and begged Dwight to stay and embarrassed the entire history of their franchise. Not only that, they told everyone they refuse to do a S&T. If they cave, does that make LAL the most gutless, loser franchise of all time?

Fabbs
If they cave, does that make LAL the most gutless, loser franchise of all time?
No. Already are in spades. :lol

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:32 AM
No. Already are in spades. :lol

Koolaid_Man

grow a fat dick....:lol we pull this off and we're back in contention...we'll move Gasol to the center spot and sign Kenyon...for rugged defense....

hyhy

If they managed that S&T, they would be the most CIA FO ever

Thebesteva
:lol it would be the steal of the century for us

But Jim Buss has seriously derailed this team FUBAR status

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:34 AM
But Jim Buss has seriously derailed this team FUBAR status

DPG21920
The point is not whether or not should LAL do a S&T, it's the fact they publicly declared they would not :lol. I hope they stick to their words because getting Bogut/Klay would be a haul. But in order to save their face and not make their franchise a laughing stock more than they are, they can't cave.

Tough times for LAL fans, tough decisions :lol

Thread
grow a fat dick....:lol we pull this off and we're back in contention...we'll move Gasol to the center spot and sign Kenyon...for rugged defense....

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:35 AM
The point is not whether or not should LAL do a S&T, it's the fact they publicly declared they would not :lol. I hope they stick to their words because getting Bogut/Klay would be a haul. But in order to save their face and not make their franchise a laughing stock more than they are, they can't cave.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Why laugh? They'll have dodged a bullet.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:38 AM

You do realize that I embrace 6 you cannot troll me with it....give it to me baby give me 6

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Why laugh? They'll have dodged a bullet.

they don't think so...they're all in for Dwight :lol

Suspect
one decent season in almost 20 yrs and now you think it translates to next season :lol@roxfan
we've had better seasons than last season, wtf are you talking about? We haven't one any rings since then but so what. We're talking about NOW
:lol living in past
:lol harden leading a team better than kobe can
:lol achilles
:lol needed $128 million team plus refs just to get swept first round
:lol #stayD12

Thread
You do realize that I embrace 6 you cannot troll me with it....give it to me baby give me 6

I know, I'm just all upset and off kilter, Koolster. That GD DPG has me snortin'.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 11:40 AM
they don't think so...they're all in for Dwight :lol

And the Knicks were all in for Amare...

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:40 AM

Bogut and Gasol will work for me....I'm not used to seeing two weird looking white boys man the paint but they have the size....we add Klay and maybe a Nick Young and we're in bizness patna

LkrFan
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
They wouldn't get both IMO. If they did, Dwight wouldn't want to go there via S&T as he'd only have Curry to play with. I would be cool with a Barnes package. Something like this: S&T Dwight/MWP for Bogut ($13M - expiring), Barnes ($3.05M), Ezeli ($1.11M), and a 2014 1st Rounder.

This deal gives the Lakers a young piece in Barnes (21 years old) to build upon for the future. We already know that Nash is the only one on the payroll after this year so we keep our 2014 plan in tact due to Kobe, Pau, and Bogut all expiring - and team option for Uncle Festus Ezeli.

The 2013-2014 Lakers starting lineup:

Blake
Kobe
Barnes
Hill
Pau

In 2014 we'll have enough dough to go after 2-max players to get us back in the contention mix.

Suspect
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Lakers arent about better seasons, its win it all are go home.
Who are you, Kobes wife?
:lmao I only have sex with champions

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
They wouldn't get both IMO. If they did, Dwight wouldn't want to go there via S&T as he'd only have Curry to play with. I would be cool with a Barnes package. Something like this: S&T Dwight/MWP for Bogut ($13M - expiring), Barnes ($3.05M), Ezeli ($1.11M), and a 2014 1st Rounder.

This deal gives the Lakers a young piece in Barnes (21 years old) to build upon for the future. We already know that Nash is the only one on the payroll after this year so we keep our 2014 plan in tact due to Kobe, Pau, and Bogut all expiring - and team option for Uncle Festus Ezeli.

Blake
Kobe
Barnes
Hill
Pau

In 2014 we'll have enough dough to go after 2-max players to get us back in the contention mix.

I prefer Klay over Barnes

Baam
07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
And the Knicks were all in for Amare...

No he was like the last option.

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Bogut and Gasol will work for me....I'm not used to seeing two weird looking white boys man the paint but they have the size....we add Klay and maybe a Nick Young and we're in bizness patna

GS will not part with those kids, Kool. No way. If that happens I'll go back to read status onlyPERIOD

They're going to try and stick us with Bogut and their other garbage. The picks are worthless.

Clipper Nation
Lakers arent about better seasons, its win it all are go home. Who gives a shit if you win more regular season games?

LOL Rocket fan mentality
Lakerfan last summer: "We're winning 73 regular season games this year, NBA f:lolcked!"

Koolaid_Man
I know, I'm just all upset and off kilter, Koolster. That GD DPG has me snortin'.

Make no mistake Deepy is doing nothing but huffing and puffing at what he feels will help the Lakers..I peeped his game out a long time ago...he's upset and he's trying to play it cool by being coy and sly....I see through is midget ass

jeebus
crofl 50+pages about a source as credible as Broussards

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:44 AM

Blake
Kobe
Barnes
Hill
Pau

Fuckin' Blake! Christ, will it never end?

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 11:44 AM
No he was like the last option.

I know, but they gave him the max despite all the warning signs. The analogy is a bit tortured, but it's based on my opinion that the winner of the Dwightmare will be a loser in the long run.

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Make no mistake Deepy is doing nothing but huffing and puffing at what he feels will help the Lakers..I peeped his game out a long time ago...he's upset and he's trying to play it cool by being coy and sly....I see through is midget ass

Him & Amb. I'd like to take Florida's punch bowl and crown 'em both with it. Those fuckers.

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Barnes have a higher ceiling IMO. Three point shooting is easier to improve than going to the rim.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:46 AM
GS will not part with those kids, Kool. No way. If that happens I'll go back to read status onlyPERIOD

They're going to try and stick us with Bogut and their other garbage. The picks are worthless.

You cannot have your cake and eat it to this time Cul....You want Dwight gone and so do I....Bogut and Klay + a pick is more than enough chips for us to compete at a high level Kobe's last 2-3 yrs...Bogut at Center with Pau at the 4 will be just fine...look at what we have today....even if they part with one and give us a big back (Bogut) I will be extremely happy....

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Barnes have a higher ceiling IMO. Three point shooting is easier to improve than going to the rim.

Then I will take him....I prefer both but let's see how this shit plays out...as it stands today if we keep Dwight we are doomed...the nigga is a loser

LkrFan
07-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I disagree Kool. Klay is one dimensional offensively. He's a better shooter hands down, but I believe Barnes has a higher ceiling and can do more. Besides, if reports on Kobe are correct, unless he's playing SF, Klay would be duplicating what we already have in Kobe. Barnes would provide more balance as well IMO.

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:48 AM
You cannot have your cake and eat it to this time Cul....You want Dwight gone and so do I....Bogut and Klay + a pick is more than enough chips for us to compete at a high level Kobe's last 2-3 yrs...Bogut at Center with Pau at the 4 will be just fine...look at what we have today....even if they part with one and give us a big back (Bogut) I will be extremely happy....

I'm not disagreeing with you, Kool. I'm just saying GS will not part with those kids. They'd walk away first, or, we'd blink and take the garbage. We're not getting Thompson OR Barnes. No way. They have us over that barrel I wheeled in here after 6 and we're just going to have to take it. You go first, daddy-O.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:48 AM
I disagree Kool. Klay is one dimensional offensively. He's a better shooter hands down, but I believe Barnes has a higher ceiling and can do more. Besides, if reports on Kobe are correct, unless he's playing SF, Klay would be duplicating what we already have in Kobe. Barnes would provide more balance as well IMO.

from what I seen of Klay he's a fucking great defensive player....I just haven't seen enough of Barnes

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you, Kool. I'm just saying GS will not part with those kids. They'd walk away first, or, we'd blink and take the garbage. We're not getting Thompson OR Barnes. No way. They have us over that barrel I wheeled in here after 6 and we're just going to have to take it. You go first, daddy-O.

You never know. One of the kids may not be christian.

Baam
07-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I'd take Klay myself but Barnes makes more sense for both teams.

Splash bros stay together and the Lakers can amnesty Metta...

MeloHype
07-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Lakerfan last summer: "We're winning 73 regular season games this year, NBA f:lolcked!"
:lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:52 AM

I appreciate you keeping me level headed...but man I'm so down on Dwight after last season I want him gone badly....he is a clown and wants to play around..I have no doubts that Kobe intentionally did what he did knowing it would push Dwight right out...no fucking way Kobe says that shit to a feeble minded Dwight with a straight face...:lolthat cat isn't wired to win he wants to listen to rap music and fuck his way through the season with no rubbers....

hyhy
07-05-2013, 11:53 AM
from what I seen of Klay he's a fucking great defensive player....I just haven't seen enough of Barnes

Klay is like Green, and Barnes is like Leonard IMO

LkrFan
07-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I'll take your word on Klay. But Barnes was nice coming out of UNC. I've always liked his game:

eeGlVruwcFs

:toast

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:55 AM
I appreciate you keeping me level headed...but man I'm so down on Dwight after last season I want him gone badly....he is a clown and wants to play around..I have no doubts that Kobe intentionally did what he did knowing it would push Dwight right out...no fucking way Kobe says that shit to a feeble minded Dwight with a straight face...:lolthat cat isn't wired to win he wants to listen to rap music and fuck his way through the season with no rubbers....

The sight of Bogut clip clopping around like Mr. Ed without Barnes OR Thompson to offset that sight is just grim business.

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Kool begging is not unexpected as that runs in his blood(his momma begs for *things* all the time from DPG :lol), but begging for Bogut/Barnes :lmao. I thought the Laker franchise reached a new low for begging for Dwight the way they did, but Laker fan one upping their franchise right now and that's not a good thing :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:57 AM
The sight of Bogut clip clopping around like Mr. Ed without Barnes OR Thompson to offset that sight is just grim business.

Cully stop pissing me off man...it's the fucking best we can do right now....gotdam...Dwight is shit...I see no other deals that would get us back a serviceable big man and dynmamic young wing scorer

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Kool begging is not unexpected as that runs in his blood(his momma begs for *things* all the time from DPG :lol), but begging for Bogut/Barnes :lmao. I thought the Laker franchise reached a new low for begging for Dwight the way they did, but Laker fan one upping their franchise right now and that's not a good thing :lmao

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:58 AM

Thread
07-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Cully stop pissing me off man...it's the fucking best we can do right now....gotdam...Dwight is shit...I see no other deals that would get us back a serviceable big man and dynmamic young wing scorer

But, they're not going to give us Barnes OR Thompson. We're gonna get stuck with Bogut and either Biedrens, or, Jefferson. Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2013, 12:00 PM

whatever happen to beggars cant be choosers ?

Clipper Nation
07-05-2013, 12:01 PM

:lol Warriors
:lol Lakers

MeloHype
07-05-2013, 12:03 PM
6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23, 24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40 ,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50, etc.

Koolaid_Man

:lol Warriors
:lol Lakers

no need to lol@lakers Dwight gone makes us better...we just need to get something for his sorry ass...if we get nothing then you can lol...ok biotch

hyhy
But, they're not going to give us Barnes OR Thompson. We're gonna get stuck with Bogut and either Biedrens, or, Jefferson. Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jefferson :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 12:04 PM
whatever happen to beggars cant be choosers ?

that went out the door with 6

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Then I will take him....I prefer both but let's see how this shit plays out...as it stands today if we keep Dwight we are doomed...the nigga is a loser

:lmao Kool now relying on a guy named hyhy that he doesn't know on ST to persuade him on who LAL should want :

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 12:05 PM
:lmao Kool now relying on a guy named hyhy that he doesn't know on ST to persuade him on who LAL should want :

I don't care what you say Anal Deepy...I want Dwight gone...I will be truly sad if he stays....

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 12:05 PM
no need to lol@lakers Dwight gone makes us better...we just need to get something for his sorry ass...if we get nothing then you can lol...ok biotch

Duly noted. Have fun with Jeremy Lin!

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 12:06 PM
He got his Chance when Kobe went down and couldn't will not win but will a single game....

Fabbs
07-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Dead Parrot (thread) and MultiTrollerator (Kool Aids) in desperation mode.
Have to see themselves post every 30 seconds.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Have to see themselves post every 30 seconds.

fuck yo mama clown

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 12:08 PM
He got his Chance when Kobe went down and couldn't will not win but will a single game....

He kept Kobe from having another missed playoffs on his resume though. So pay your respects.

Fabbs
07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
He kept Kobe from having another missed playoffs on his resume though. So pay your respects.
:lol nice

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 12:09 PM

did not...Kobe already put in the work....Dwight rode Kobe's coattails the whole way...only decent game was against Orlando...dude is just a much taller coward version of you...

Thread
07-05-2013, 12:10 PM

It could be a lot worse=no 6.

Thread
07-05-2013, 12:10 PM

Kool Aid Man

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 12:11 PM
did not...Kobe already put in the work....Dwight rode Kobe's coattails the whole way...only decent game was against Orlando...dude is just a much taller coward version of you...

Kobe wasn't the one winning games during the last 3-4. Must win games to save Kobe's top 10-15 status. Pay respect.

Thread
that went out the door with 6

Kool Aid Man

UZER

Kool and Cul

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9800000/The-Ventriloquist-and-Scarface-batman-villains-9849059-442-473.jpg

Thebesteva

Whats the story behind 6? I hear it like 900 times a day. Is it about game 6 for the Spurs? In that case you should of stuck with 28 (seconds).

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Kobe wasn't the one winning games during the last 3-4. Must win games to save Kobe's top 10-15 status. Pay respect.

kiss my nether regions first....

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
kiss my nether regions first....

This is just getting creepy. Your mom says the exact same things to me :lol

Thread
07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Whats the story behind 6? I hear it like 900 times a day. Is it about game 6 for the Spurs? In that case you should of stuck with 28 (seconds).

{28} is forced & muddled. 6 is clean & tight and sets well on the shelf next to 8.

Thebesteva
07-05-2013, 12:15 PM
{28} is forced & muddled. 6 is clean & tight and sets well on the shelf next to 8.

Sucks cuz I like the Spurs organization....their fans on the other end

UZER
07-05-2013, 12:19 PM

Posted this the other day....

Over the course of the next few days, hes gonna put feelers releasing hints he is "real close" to signing with team A, wait for the reaction, then proceed to say he is now "real close" to signing with team B.

Based of the reaction, he will make his decision. What this also does is show "how hard" that he is really struggling with his decision when we all not thats not the case.

Clipper Nation

6 only serves to remind people of 39, imho....

Thebesteva

CN trying too hard as usual

http://replygif.net/i/781.gif

MeloHype
07-05-2013, 12:21 PM
& 6-24

namlook
07-05-2013, 04:16 PM

Warriors have Iggy now and also Curry. Howard/Curry/Iggy is a better trio than what Houston would have. There's also no doubt Howard would prefer Mark Jackson over Lurch as a coach.

unforeseen
07-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Howard has all the leverage here. He would fuck up their plans if he chose Houston.

Sean Cagney
07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
If its for Klay and Harrison Barnes, Lakers is the biggest winner imo. Damn good trade, do it anytime tbh

Way better than just seeing him walk.

Sean Cagney
07-05-2013, 04:27 PM

What about 38%??????? 2004 and 2008?????

Michael Jordan.
07-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Thread
07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
What about 38%??????? 2004 and 2008?????

Knock yerself out. Me? I'm stickin' with 6.

Sean Cagney
07-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Okay!!!!!! 38% Tayshaun Prince..... :lobt2:

kamikazi_player
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM

Look at ya, have to use other teams accomplishments because your team couldn't get it done.

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 05:11 PM

Duly noted. Have fun with Jeremy Lin!

Boom.

jeebus
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Numerous sources saying Dwight to Warriors looks nearly complete, others say Houston still a close 2nd, Lakers are way out of the sweepstakes by now. Chris Broussard says that Dwight did NOT like Kobe's presentation about teaching him how to win championships.

https://twitter.com/MarkHeisler/statuses/353178806862884865

Source: #Warriors (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Warriors&src=hash) are expected to get #D12 (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23D12&src=hash)’s max slot by packaging expiring deals w/No. 1 picks... If that’s all Dwight needs, he’s theirs.

what a shitty source. fail thread.

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
]

Lakers should do the right thing: Trade Pau for young talent/picks and amnesty Kobe. You will likely get Kobe back the next year anyways (no use in rushing him back from injury when you have 0 shot at competing) and you will get multiple picks in a deep draft. It's really a no brainer IMO.

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Lakers are at approximately 72M with their moves and no Dwight. You amnesty Kobe you are at 42M. You trade Pau for a young guy(s)with talent plus a pick you are likely at 27-30M in salary. Instant rebuild. Get young pieces, get draft pick via trade plus your own lottery pick, re-sign Kobe next season.

Banzai
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Lakers are at approximately 72M with their moves and no Dwight. You amnesty Kobe you are at 42M. You trade Pau for a young guy(s)with talent plus a pick you are likely at 27-30M in salary. Instant rebuild. Get young pieces, get draft pick via trade plus your own lottery pick, re-sign Kobe next season.

you're talking about this should be done now? I wonder if Mitch and Jim are getting drunk at this very moment haha

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
you're talking about this should be done now? I wonder if Mitch and Jim are getting drunk at this very moment haha

Yes, this is the best option for LA IMO. Kobe, while a ticket seller and having a healthy season was only good enough to scratch and claw for a 7th seed (which could have been the 8th seed or no playoffs) even with Dwight/Pau/Nash/Metta/Clark going off/...

He's not even guaranteed to play this season and if he does, LAL will be so far out of the playoff race why risk him. With Dwight gone, they still only have a mini MLE to offer to replace him, Clark and all the other young guys they let go. With that in mind, amnesty Kobe and trade Pau for what I said. Kobe will never play for another team even if they claim him because of the injury. You can get him back next year with plenty of cap space, avoid a LT bill that is still decent and get multiple picks plus young talent.

LAL are really screwed at this point.

Banzai
07-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes, this is the best option for LA IMO. Kobe, while a ticket seller and having a healthy season was only good enough to scratch and claw for a 7th seed (which could have been the 8th seed or no playoffs) even with Dwight/Pau/Nash/Metta/Clark going off/...

He's not even guaranteed to play this season and if he does, LAL will be so far out of the playoff race why risk him. With Dwight gone, they still only have a mini MLE to offer to replace him, Clark and all the other young guys they let go. With that in mind, amnesty Kobe and trade Pau for what I said. Kobe will never play for another team even if they claim him because of the injury. You can get him back next year with plenty of cap space, avoid a LT bill that is still decent and get multiple picks plus young talent.

LAL are really screwed at this point.

What can the Lakers get for Pau?

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 05:45 PM
What can the Lakers get for Pau?

Well (this is just my opinion), they can probably get at least a young good player on a small contract (doesn't even have to be a small contract either)+ a 1st round draft pick next year.

Killakobe81
07-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Kobe should fall on sword and ask for amnesty tbh

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:00 PM
The key is look for a team that could use a big like Pau (there are quite a few of them IMO). With how far below the cap LA would be, salary is not a concern in a Pau trade. Getting a high upside rookie pay scale player would be great, but even if you get someone who's already been paid well as long as they are young and talented that is what matters.

So a couple of ideas:

LAL Gives: Pau Gasol
CAVS Gives: Waiters + 1st Rounder

Cavs have been adamant they want to compete now. Pau certainly helps them and they don't need any more damn draft picks. Waiters is a decent young prospect.

LAL Gives: Pau Gasol
GS Gives: Bogut/Barnes

Sure, they didn't get Dwight, but now with Iggy, Barnes may be expendable. Getting Bogut replaces Pau but still gives you the expiring contract. Plus you pick up young cheap talent for the following years. GS gets better because Pau is better than Bogut.

LAL Gives: Gasol
Minny Gives: Derrick Williams + Shved + 1st rounder

Minny gets a solid big man to try and pair with Love (possibly PEK too or they can S&T Pek now for another asset) to make the jump to a playoff team. LAL get a younger talent to evaluate in Williams(if they don't like him, they can let him walk, as he has a team option next year), cheap decent player in Shved and a first rounder to help in rebuilding.

So stuff like that...

lefty
07-05-2013, 06:24 PM
:lol

Rogue
07-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Would be a dumb move for DH even by his own standard. a run and gun system has never been a good fit for him. he felt awkward playing under _'antoni in LA, and things would only turn even worse in GS where he would be used as nothing but a meat stick running from basket to basket and being always prepared to grab a rebound whenever Curry launches a shot

Fabbs
07-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Warriors have Iggy now and also Curry. Howard/Curry/Iggy is a better trio than what Houston would have. There's also no doubt Howard would prefer Mark Jackson over Lurch as a coach.
Nope. No rigged sign and trade for the Fakers.