PDA

View Full Version : If healthy, Ginobili will play for Team Argentina at 2014 Basketball World Cup

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Manu Ginobili recently signed a new two-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs but it seems he could also be pulling double duty next summer as he might be playing for Argentina at the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain if he is ready physically.
"If I am in good shape, there are more chances that I will play the World Cup," said Ginobili in a press conference at Buenos Aires' Ezeiza international airport, minutes after his arrival to Argentina for holidays.

Ginobili, 35, added that "it depends, exclusively, on my physical condition. I had a complicated season. If I am healthy, there are more chances I can play (the World Cup)," he insisted.

Manu will be 36 by the time the World Cup gets going next summer.

Considering the Spurs will more than likely have yet another deep postseason run next season, Manu (who showed signs of wearing down last season) might be pushing it a bit much next summer.

Granted he did stress he needs to be physically ready if is he to play in Spain next summer but his age, wear-and-tear on his body and not to mention a new deal, may make Spurs fans and coaching staff cringe at not seeing him rest next summer heading into what more than likely will be his final season (2014-15) with San Antonio after the World Cup.

However, the allure and pride of representing his home country is profound in Manu's heart. A chance to boost Team Argentina's chance at the next Olympic Games means a lot for Ginobili. Time after time he has answered the call for his home country and a shot at playing one more time in the blue and white of Argentina is enough for him to lace them up one more time in the summer.

In the end, if this is the final run in basketball for Manu, then him playing for his country one more time is something no one can blame him for doing. Not even Spurs fans.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-art...world-cup.html Once again, that as*hole contemplating on shit*ing the Spurs again. You'll wonder why I don't like the guy? He can't even respect the company that pays his bills.

Baam
07-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Got his money and suddenly changed his tune..........

widowmaker
07-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Ah who cares. Maybe he'll play better and wont have 8 turnovers during an important game.

ElNono
07-05-2013, 01:59 PM
what's the problem?

chapnis
07-05-2013, 02:01 PM
what's the problem?

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 02:02 PM
1. He has never announced his retirement from the NT.

2. He certainly wasn't going announce his retirement while answering a question at an impromptu press conference upon returning to his own country.

3. He gave a very qualified answer to that question

4. Non-story to anyone not pushing an agenda.

ElNono
07-05-2013, 02:04 PM
1. He has never announced his retirement from the NT.

2. He certainly wasn't going announce his retirement while answering a question at an impromptu press conference upon returning to his own country.

3. He gave a very qualified answer to that question

4. Non-story to anyone not pushing an agenda.

5. He told the NT coach he won't play in the World Cup qualification competition this summer

hater
07-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Argentina can barely beat an egg these days with or without Manu. Really a non issue. Our 3rd string PG will barely see any clutch time with Spurs next season anyways.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Argentina can barely beat an egg these days with or without Manu. Really a non issue. Our 3rd string PG will barely see any clutch time with Spurs next season anyways.I hope you're right.

Poolboy5623
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Have you guys ever played basketball? I'm really starting to wonder.. I guess I just assumed most bball fans, actually played?

LongtimeSpursFan
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
I've enjoyed watching Manu and the Argentinian basketball team for the last eleven years. They have produced some of the best basketball seen since the first Dream Team. If he feels he has the opportunity to be an effective player and represent his home country I don't think anyone should deny him the opportunity.
I realize many fans here in the U.S. think that playing for a national team is not of the highest priority but elsewhere in the world many young players dream of playing for their country. Especially in countries where the opportunity for success is limited.

TheyCallMePro
07-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Big deal. You think professional players aren't playing a TON of basketball during the summers?

Manu will play 5-6 games in this World Cup, and be done. The rest of the time he'll spend with his family. Overall, he'll push himself 95% less than the average NBA player will during the summer

Overreact much? Oh wait. You're just a Manu troll. Never mind. Shouldn't have fed you.

Mikeanaro
07-05-2013, 03:01 PM
He never said 100% sure but I think the last olimpic games were his last ones for the seleccion argentina.
I hope he never plays there again, every time he does fucks san antonio big time, like that game against team usa when he broke his ankle or something like that
pop told him DONT GO THERE, I didnt care for my own national team but manu stubborn piece of shit went anyway.
Too much stubborness for one single team

Capt Bringdown
07-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Good news for Manu fanboi.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Once again, that as*hole contemplating on shit*ing the Spurs again. You'll wonder why I don't like the guy? He can't even respect the company that pays his bills.

Am I missing something here? Why is this a problem? Tony Parker plays for France, the Gasol brothers play for Spain, LeBron, Kobe, etc. play for team USA and so on during FIBA. Why is this a problem exactly?

weebo
07-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Basketball players play basketball. It is what they do. Do you suppose these guys are just sitting at home jerking off during the offseason???? No. They are working out, working on their game, and playing pick up basketball games.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-05-2013, 03:39 PM
If Manu's healthy in 2014 Argentina's going to need one hell of a pilot to get them across the Atlantic without hitting any pigs.

hater
07-05-2013, 03:41 PM
If Manu's healthy in 2014 Argentina's going to need one hell of a pilot to get them across the Atlantic without hitting any pigs.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

houston spurs fan
07-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I respect the decision. Ginobili carried the Argentina flag in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies and is a hero in his country. Who could blame him, it's his decision. He will live in Argentina long after his playing days are over in San Antonio

ffadicted
07-05-2013, 03:47 PM

:lol

silverblk mystix
07-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Once again, that as*hole contemplating on shit*ing the Spurs again. You'll wonder why I don't like the guy? He can't even respect the company that pays his bills.

I should have told you this before- but I think over the last couple of days - you have started to see it;

People in here HATE....I mean HATE ...truth...

Nothing will bring out the popsuckers and spurs homers wrath more than - TRUTH.

They absolutely HATE it. They will label you a troll, will try to gang up and hit you from all sides and all the others will appear out of nowhere and have a little hate parade.

If you want to be "accepted"

You must;

A) Never tell the truth or call things exactly what they are - you cannot do this. Truth will get you on the "outside" here.

B) Pop is always right. Every decision is justified- because - 4 rings, hall of fame, etc....

C) Even when you are PROVEN right - it didn't happen and you are still a stupid troll, an idiot, and - it just never happened- and if you try to say - "but it was the truth!---and I was correct!"....just go back and look at (A) above.

D) Titles are for winners....2nd place is what these Spurs homers are satisfied with - don't try to understand - don't try to convince anyone here that the object and the highest hope is a championship - because --- it isn't what is important here. Following Pop and spurs mgmt is more important than actually winning titles. 4 is enough and anything else on top of 4 titles makes you greedy and spoiled and a stupid idiot in here.

If you understand all that - your time here will be a little better. Just lower your standards and be accepted and ....

"2nd place forever!!!!!!!!"

ElNono
07-05-2013, 04:01 PM

Johnny RIngo
07-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Just to spite Manu, I hope Argentina doesn't qualify for the tournament. The shithead needs to stop with this FIBA bullshit already and concentrate only on the Spurs like Duncan.

Brazil
07-05-2013, 04:10 PM

Brazil
07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I should have told you this before- but I think over the last couple of days - you have started to see it;

They absolutely HATE it. They will label you a troll, will try to gang up and hit you from all sides and all the others will appear out of nowhere and have a little hate parade.

You must;

A) Never tell the truth or call things exactly what they are - you cannot do this. Truth will get you on the "outside" here.

B) Pop is always right. Every decision is justified- because - 4 rings, hall of fame, etc....

C) Even when you are PROVEN right - it didn't happen and you are still a stupid troll, an idiot, and - it just never happened- and if you try to say - "but it was the truth!---and I was correct!"....just go back and look at (A) above.

D) Titles are for winners....2nd place is what these Spurs homers are satisfied with - don't try to understand - don't try to convince anyone here that the object and the highest hope is a championship - because --- it isn't what is important here. Following Pop and spurs mgmt is more important than actually winning titles. 4 is enough and anything else on top of 4 titles makes you greedy and spoiled and a stupid idiot in here.

If you understand all that - your time here will be a little better. Just lower your standards and be accepted and ....

:lmao

didn't read

silverblk mystix
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
:lmao

didn't read

You forgot to sign out/sign in...oooops!

dallasmaverickslose
07-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Chill out people, it's just TGY's daily Manu bashing thread! Nothing out of the norm here!

Brazil
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM

nope

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 04:19 PM

From the article in the OP:

"If I am in good shape, there are more chances that I will play the World Cup,"

"it depends, exclusively, on my physical condition. I had a complicated season. If I am healthy, there are more chances I can play (the World Cup),"

Thread title:

If healthy, Ginobili will play for Team Argentina at 2014 Basketball World Cup

People don't hate the truth. There are many people, myself included, who have little respect for thinly veiled agendas.

silverblk mystix
07-05-2013, 04:23 PM
From the article in the OP:

"If I am in good shape, there are more chances that I will play the World Cup,"

"it depends, exclusively, on my physical condition. I had a complicated season. If I am healthy, there are more chances I can play (the World Cup),"

Thread title:

If healthy, Ginobili will play for Team Argentina at 2014 Basketball World Cup

People don't hate the truth. There are many people, myself included, who have little respect for thinly veiled agendas.

Agenda = Telling the truth.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 04:25 PM

Truth = Truth

The title of this thread is not the truth according the article posted in the OP. The title of this thread represents an agenda.

unforeseen
07-05-2013, 04:27 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/t8qn4k.gif

silverblk mystix
07-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Truth = Truth

The title of this thread is not the truth according the article posted in the OP. The title of this thread represents an agenda.

What isn't true about Manu saying it depends on his health - and the OP saying Manu will play - if healthy.

Agenda = a homer unable to accept fair/honest criticism of his hero.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 04:34 PM
What isn't true about Manu saying it depends on his health - and the OP saying Manu will play - if healthy.

Manu didn't say he will play if healthy. He said there is more of a chance that he would play if healthy.

If you can't see the difference between those two things, there's really nothing to discuss.

Skull-1
07-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Please tell me you're yanking our collective chain, TGY.

silverblk mystix
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Manu didn't say he will play if healthy. He said there is more of a chance that he would play if healthy.

If you can't see the difference between those two things, there's really nothing to discuss.

Semantics.

Manu fucked the spurs in the past - even though he has also been the hero - he has also been the goat. Manu also has hurt the spurs because of his int'l play. Spurs just overpaid him - out of appreciation and loyalty - and now Manu is back to his disingenuous ploys with his "other" team.

The OP is fair to say what he said - arguable or not. The semantics butthurt is from you and others. I'd say your agenda is no better and/or squeaky clean than the OP's - if he has one.

That is truth = you hate it.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Semantics.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word.

benefactor
07-05-2013, 04:48 PM

I hope you're right.

You must;

Semantics.

Manu fucked the spurs in the past - even though he has also been the hero - he has also been the goat. Manu also has hurt the spurs because of his int'l play. Spurs just overpaid him - out of appreciation and loyalty - and now Manu is back to his disingenuous ploys with his "other" team.

The OP is fair to say what he said - arguable or not. The semantics butthurt is from you and others. I'd say your agenda is no better and/or squeaky clean than the OP's - if he has one.

That is truth = you hate it.

didn't read

lol

skulls138
07-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Meh, I really don't care about 2014. That's so far away and unimportant right now. The only question is how Ginobili will play this upcoming season. If he does well, I think he deserves a chance to give one more to Argentina, BUT NOT THIS OFFSEASON!!

tenbeersbold
07-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Fitting that the Spurs cut loose another player not scared of the moment.

PlayNando
07-05-2013, 05:46 PM
TGY has mental problems, tbh. Dude isn't stable...........

Russo21
07-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Just to spite Manu, I hope Argentina doesn't qualify for the tournament. The shithead needs to stop with this FIBA bullshit already and concentrate only on the Spurs like Duncan. True that. What an asshole. Spurs fucked up resigning that turnover prone brick maker. Hopefully he gets injured playing in the cup and has to retire from Spurs Basketball.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Am I missing something here? Why is this a problem? Tony Parker plays for France, the Gasol brothers play for Spain, LeBron, Kobe, etc. play for team USA and so on during FIBA. Why is this a problem exactly?HELLO???? ARE YOU FUC*ING BLIND? TONY PARKER GOT HURT THROUGHOUT THE SEASON INCLUDING THE PLAYOFFS. PAU GASOL WAS INJURED FOR MOST OF THE SEASON. KOBE GOT HIS ACHILLES TORN. LEBRON IS A FREAK OF NATURE. MARC GASOL IS YOUNG. MANU IS VERRRYYYYY OLD! Put all you hatred towards me aside for a little bit and use common sense.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 07:55 PM

You must;

"2nd place forever!!!!!!!!"Thanks a lot my friend. Every single thing you've said is very true. People want my head chopped off already because I don't praise Pop and Manu. I'm sorry to all of you haters of mine but I say things the way my eyes see it. I speak from my mind, not from my heart. I am a very successful person in life because I'm always trying to better myself. Not willing to change oneself and not having self-criticism will lead to a lot of failure in life. Optimism is a good thing but you must also be able to accept self-criticism. That's how my mind works. I'm really not a troll. I just like pointing things out.

manufan10
07-05-2013, 08:03 PM
:cry

siraulo23
07-05-2013, 08:07 PM
dw spurs fans thats a big if :lol

HemisfairArena
07-05-2013, 08:14 PM
7 mil/yr for a broken down SG thats gonna burn his wick at both ends...I cant wait.

DJR210
07-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Should have put a "no FIBA" clause in that faggot's contract.

TheGoldStandard
07-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Well, according to some if he wasn't on the court during the Finals then the Spurs would have won so maybe this is your best scenario.. Give it a rest already though, Spurs were never going to cut him and they were going to pay him. They're paying Bonner 4M this year if they don't amnesty him or trade him so why would Manu get paid less?

silverblk mystix
07-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks a lot my friend. Every single thing you've said is very true. People want my head chopped off already because I don't praise Pop and Manu. I'm sorry to all of you haters of mine but I say things the way my eyes see it. I speak from my mind, not from my heart. I am a very successful person in life because I'm always trying to better myself. Not willing to change oneself and not having self-criticism will lead to a lot of failure in life. Optimism is a good thing but you must also be able to accept self-criticism. That's how my mind works. I'm really not a troll. I just like pointing things out.

lol

Don't worry about what small minds say - they only feel secure in numbers...

Someone wise once said;

Every great truth started out as a blasphemy!

Truth is always hated - not because it is wrong - but because it is new.

Later on - they will see it and go...."oh shit - he was right !" lmao (but they won't admit they were wrong either - in here anyway)

ElNono
07-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Should have put a "no FIBA" clause in that faggot's contract.

They can't

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 09:12 PM
lol

Don't worry about what small minds say - they only feel secure in numbers...

Someone wise once said;

Every great truth started out as a blasphemy!

Truth is always hated - not because it is wrong - but because it is new.

Later on - they will see it and go...."oh shit - he was right !" lmao (but they won't admit they were wrong either - in here anyway)So are you that infamous SBM that some people have been comparing me too?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-05-2013, 09:13 PM
HELLO???? ARE YOU FUC*ING BLIND? TONY PARKER GOT HURT THROUGHOUT THE SEASON INCLUDING THE PLAYOFFS. PAU GASOL WAS INJURED FOR MOST OF THE SEASON. KOBE GOT HIS ACHILLES TORN. LEBRON IS A FREAK OF NATURE. MARC GASOL IS YOUNG. MANU IS VERRRYYYYY OLD! Put all you hatred towards me aside for a little bit and use common sense.

Yeah all those injuries occurred due to them competing in FIBA. LOL, you need to get a grip. You sound so ignorant. However, none of them get exemptions and you just happen to trash the guy you've been trashing the entire time you've been up here? I know 100% sure you're a troll now.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Yeah all those injuries occurred due to them competing in FIBA. LOL, you need to get a grip. You sound so ignorant. However, none of them get exemptions and you just happen to trash the guy you've been trashing the entire time you've been up here? I know 100% sure you're a troll now.LMAO, you're the ignorant one for letting your homerism consume you.

silverblk mystix
07-05-2013, 09:16 PM
So are you that infamous SBM that some people have been comparing me too?

It is what they do - they gang up when threatened with truth. They feel if 10 of them call someone an idiot - it must be true.

They are pissed because they are satisfied with 4 titles and feel more than blessed to even have these four. I feel that with Timmy - the Spurs should have 6-7-8 titles - were it not for Pop. They are butthurt because I criticised Pop.

How dare I want more titles and how dare I demand the spurs to be better and win more titles. This is a small market team and we are damn lucky to have 4 - you are an idiot for questioning Pop!

Pathetic.

Don't pay attention to them - they are happy and satisfied with the past.

elmanutres
07-05-2013, 09:26 PM
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

DMX7
07-05-2013, 09:55 PM
5. He told the NT coach he won't play in the World Cup qualification competition this summer

He knew the Spurs would tell him to fuck off if he did.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Lol yeah that's what would happen LOL

ElNono
07-05-2013, 09:58 PM

link?

DMX7
07-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Hyperbole of course... but if you think Pop would have been stoked about that idea, then think again.

DJR210
07-05-2013, 11:52 PM
They can't

So you can place a "no motorcycle" (Jay Williams) clause in a contract, but you can't put in clause to control extra play? Where can I verify this madness?

doldrums
07-05-2013, 11:58 PM
do you have Manu in your saved Google searches. You are obsessed! He is taking over your daily existence.

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 12:02 AM
So you can place a "no motorcycle" (Jay Williams) clause in a contract, but you can't put in clause to control extra play? Where can I verify this madness?

It's true. It goes back to the decision to let NBA players play in the Olympics. The NBA entered into formal agreements with FIBA. Under those agreements, NBA players are allowed to play for their national teams in FIBA tournaments. So, no contract provisions to limit that play is possible. Teams are also not allowed to make an effort to discourage players from playing in these tournaments. Despite the adverse affect on individual teams, the NBA as a corporate entity has made the decision that having NBA players in FIBA tournaments is good for business.

From Larry Coons CBA FAQ:

The NBA’s agreement with FIBA also requires NBA teams to allow their players to play for their national teams in major FIBA competitions, including the European Championships, the World Championships and the Olympics, as long as the competition does not conflict with an NBA game and the player is adequately insured. NBA teams can’t take any steps to dissuade their players from participating in such competitions, such as asking their players not to participate or making public statements suggesting they do not want their players to play in these competitions.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

ElNono
07-06-2013, 12:07 AM

The CBA:

74. What are the rules relating to international players and teams?

The NBA’s agreement with FIBA also requires NBA teams to allow their players to play for their national teams in major FIBA competitions, including the European Championships, the World Championships and the Olympics, as long as the competition does not conflict with an NBA game and the player is adequately insured. NBA teams can’t take any steps to dissuade their players from participating in such competitions, such as asking their players not to participate or making public statements suggesting they do not want their players to play in these competitions.

DJR210
07-06-2013, 12:07 AM
It's true. It goes back to the decision to let NBA players play in the Olympics. The NBA entered into formal agreements with FIBA. Under those agreements, NBA players are allowed to play for their national teams in FIBA tournaments. So, no contract provisions to limit that play is possible. Teams are also not allowed to make an effort to discourage players from playing in these tournaments. Despite the adverse affect on individual teams, the NBA as a corporate entity has made the decision that having NBA players in FIBA tournaments is good for business.

From Larry Coons CBA FAQ:

Wow, that's crazy. I had no idea. Are FIBA or the teams themselves compensating the NBA for that?

ElNono
07-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Wow, that's crazy. I had no idea. Are FIBA or the teams themselves compensating the NBA for that?

Players are required to obtain insurance on behalf of their teams before participating. Failure to obtain insurance prevents FIBA from authorizing the player.

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 12:11 AM

I believe that NBA generally covers the cost of insurance, but there have been cases where players have some pre-existing condition that isn't covered. Then the National Federation has to pay for a separate policy. That happened with Luol Deng in 2012.

ElNono
07-06-2013, 12:15 AM
I believe that NBA generally covers the cost of insurance, but there have been cases where players have some pre-existing condition that isn't covered. Then the National Federation has to pay for a separate policy. That happened with Luol Deng in 2012.

AFAIK, that's not correct. National Federations have to pay for the insurance. At least, in the case of Argentina, that's always been the case.

ElNono
07-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Obviously, players not under an NBA contract are free to do as they please at their own risk.

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 12:21 AM
AFAIK, that's not correct. National Federations have to pay for the insurance. At least, in the case of Argentina, that's always been the case.

OK. I just remember the whole business with Deng. It was a huge amount of money and there was some doubt whether the British Federation could come up with the money.

ElNono
07-06-2013, 12:23 AM
OK. I just remember the whole business with Deng. It was a huge amount of money and there was some doubt whether the British Federation could come up with the money.

That's normally what happens when players are hurt... sometimes these insurances can be a lot of dough. I recall ARG needing to secure a couple extra sponsors to be able to afford them when a bunch of their dudes were in the NBA.

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Here's an article about Deng. I assumed that this was an exception and that players were normally covered by their NBA policy as they participated in an event sanctioned under their player contract:

The Chicago Bulls star forward should not be at these Olympics. The ligaments in his left wrist are damaged. The Bulls think the injury is bad enough that Deng should have surgery. They wanted him to have the operation at season's end so he would be ready for all of next season. He also has a sore back. And this is a concern to the Bulls as well. By playing in these Olympics he could ruin his career and perhaps even Chicago's coming season.

Great Britain's basketball federation had to take out an insurance policy on Deng in the Olympics just so the Bulls would let him play. Several British media outlets have reported the cost of that policy to be 300,000 pounds, which is roughly $472,000. Because basketball is not an important sport in England, the basketball federation does not have a great deal of money. A 300,000-pound insurance premium is a lot. The head of Britain's federation thought long and hard about spending that much money before finally deciding to accept the bill.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--luol-deng-shouldn-t-play-in-these-olympics--but-wants-to-pay-his-debt-to-britain.html

ElNono
07-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Here's an article about Deng. I assumed that this was an exception and that players were normally covered by their NBA policy as they participated in an event sanctioned under their player contract:

The Chicago Bulls star forward should not be at these Olympics. The ligaments in his left wrist are damaged. The Bulls think the injury is bad enough that Deng should have surgery. They wanted him to have the operation at season's end so he would be ready for all of next season. He also has a sore back. And this is a concern to the Bulls as well. By playing in these Olympics he could ruin his career and perhaps even Chicago's coming season.

Great Britain's basketball federation had to take out an insurance policy on Deng in the Olympics just so the Bulls would let him play. Several British media outlets have reported the cost of that policy to be 300,000 pounds, which is roughly $472,000. Because basketball is not an important sport in England, the basketball federation does not have a great deal of money. A 300,000-pound insurance premium is a lot. The head of Britain's federation thought long and hard about spending that much money before finally deciding to accept the bill.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--luol-deng-shouldn-t-play-in-these-olympics--but-wants-to-pay-his-debt-to-britain.html

I have not heard teams waiving the insurance requirement, but it's a possibility. I know the Spurs specifically are adamant about that. It wasn't just with Argentina players. Tony and Tiago both had stated they wouldn't be able to play if not insured.

Here's an article from 2011 about that:
http://www.projectspurs.com/2011-articles/july/report-brazilian-basketball-confederation-to-pay-splitters-insurance.html

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 12:33 AM
I have not heard teams waiving the insurance requirement, but it's a possibility. I know the Spurs specifically are adamant about that. It wasn't just with Argentina players. Tony and Tiago both had stated they wouldn't be able to play if not insured.

Here's an article from 2011 about that:
http://www.projectspurs.com/2011-articles/july/report-brazilian-basketball-confederation-to-pay-splitters-insurance.html

thanks

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2013, 12:33 AM
tangina wag pls

Man In Black
07-06-2013, 12:37 AM
tangina wag pls
Translation: Fucking a...please don't