PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Dwight Can Forget About Any Hollywood Movie Deals Now

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 05:56 PM
:toast glad he's gone....there was a pilot running on a new show:" All My Baby's Mammas"

marinoman
07-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Dont worry Laker fans, zaza pachulia is still out there

ElNono
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/Rishtopher/You-Salty-1.gif

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
You can forget about Klay Thompson tbh...:lol

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Kool, what do you think of my amnesty Kobe idea?

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Kool, what do you think of my amnesty Kobe idea?

what is a championship worth? Kobe 5 TOSB 4 is the reason you don't amnestyPERIOD!!!

Bad idea...we just need to get rid of Pau and Artest and we'll be fine

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:27 PM
If you amnesty Kobe, you free up cap space this year, avoid some luxury tax and get Kobe back next year anyways. No reason not to do it IMO.

gnsf0946
07-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I was hoping for Kazaam 2 tbh :depressed

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 06:30 PM
If you amnesty Kobe, you free up cap space this year, avoid some luxury tax and get Kobe back next year anyways. No reason not to do it IMO.

Luxury tax is not a legit reason when Kobe alone has earned your franchise 1.2 billion alone over his career and has only gotten back close to just under 300 million ..I posted a thread on the math once before..find it and read it...:toast learn something deepy

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:32 PM
That doesn't make any sense though. Kobe isn't putting butts in the seats when he can't even play. Unless Mitch is to dumb to tell LA fans (or LA fans are too dumb to understand which is definitely a great point, Kool) what they are doing, using the amnesty on Kobe is the way to go.

cjw
07-05-2013, 06:33 PM

Might as well find a way to dump Nash as well while they're at it. Gasol is literally their only asset. Sad that Kobrick and the luxury tax prevented them from matching on Earl Clark, who would have cost them like $16 million to keep.

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Well, sure, dumping Nash would be great, but if you amnesty Kobe, everything else is pretty easy (at least the Pau part). If you don't, then you are just delaying things for a year and doing yourself no good.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Well, sure, dumping Nash would be great, but if you amnesty Kobe, everything else is pretty easy (at least the Pau part). If you don't, then you are just delaying things for a year and doing yourself no good.

the goal is to maximize Kobe's last yrs and win titles...you amnesty him then what...who do you sign? and don't give me this "you have potential to sign crap"... YOU'RE A GOTDAM FOOL

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Reports are that Dwight thinks he and Harden will be the 2nd coming of Shaq and Kobe...this fucking guy is just a retard

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:45 PM
the goal is to maximize Kobe's last yrs and win titles...you amnesty him then what...who do you sign? and don't give me this "you have potential to sign crap"... YOU'RE A GOTDAM FOOL

:lol you are letting the biggest NBA underachieving team and the biggest FA slap in the face of all time cloud your brain (or you are just dumb).

If you amnesty Kobe and trade Pau right now, LAL has a ton of cap space, plus probably they have added a young talent and draft pick. They will also tank properly to have their own lottery pick. This year is shot for Kobe and you give him a full year with no expectations to recover fully while getting assets/cap space for the next season.

ShowtimeFan
07-05-2013, 06:49 PM
That doesn't make any sense though. Kobe isn't putting butts in the seats when he can't even play. Unless Mitch is to dumb to tell LA fans (or LA fans are too dumb to understand which is definitely a great point, Kool) what they are doing, using the amnesty on Kobe is the way to go.

It's a great play if Kobe is cool with it as it allows for a true tank job. Problem is, Kobe's just too damn stubborn to do what is probably the smart thing.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 06:51 PM
:lol you are letting the biggest NBA underachieving team and the biggest FA slap in the face of all time cloud your brain (or you are just dumb).

If you amnesty Kobe and trade Pau right now, LAL has a ton of cap space, plus probably they have added a young talent and draft pick. They will also tank properly to have their own lottery pick. This year is shot for Kobe and you give him a full year with no expectations to recover fully while getting assets/cap space for the next season.

wild assumptions will get you nowhere with me...again who do you sign numnuts....You gonna give me name now...or shut your dumb ass up...

Key Words for you is MAXIMIZE.....and KOBE

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:52 PM
It's a great play if Kobe is cool with it as it allows for a true tank job. Problem is, Kobe's just too damn stubborn to do what is probably the smart thing.

Agreed. I am not saying it's likely they do that (mainly for the reasons you say), but that's just what they should do for what's best for the franchise. Kobe is in on danger of signing with another team any more than he would be next year anyways so should not be a concern.

Kobe's selfish ways hurting the team again per the usual tbh..

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 06:52 PM

was it smart when Kobe went back to back no Shaq...was your ungrateful ass hollering Amnesty then...shut the fuck up turn coat

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:54 PM
wild assumptions will get you nowhere with me...again who do you sign numnuts....You gonna give me name now...or shut your dumb ass up...

Key Words for you is MAXIMIZE.....and KOBE

You're being dumb because the Lakers have been slapped harder than your momma during sex. They can't sign anyone this year even if they trade Pau and don't have Dwight as long as Kobe is there. They dont need to sign anyone this year, but having Kobe on the books this year does nothing. They could sign a Josh Smith if they amnesty Kobe and trade Pau or a Millsap or do a trade to absorb contracts, but that is not the point.

If you trade Pau, even with Dwight gone and you don't amnesty Kobe, while you may get the same package young player plus a pick, it limits anything else you can do and you are just wasting money.

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 06:56 PM
If a healthy Kobe having one of his best seasons ever could barely make the playoffs last year with Dwight/Pau/Nash/Clark, what is an injured Kobe who will not have a motivated Pau, no Dwight and no Clark with no money to add to the roster do next year?

UZER
07-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Reports are that Dwight thinks he and Harden will be the 2nd coming of Shaq and Kobe...this fucking guy is just a retard

About as retarded as Kobe saying he can play at a high level for 3 more years coming off of the injury at age 35.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 06:58 PM
You're being dumb because the Lakers have been slapped harder than your momma during sex. They can't sign anyone this year even if they trade Pau and don't have Dwight as long as Kobe is there. They dont need to sign anyone this year, but having Kobe on the books this year does nothing. They could sign a Josh Smith if they amnesty Kobe and trade Pau or a Millsap or do a trade to absorb contracts, but that is not the point.

If you trade Pau, even with Dwight gone and you don't amnesty Kobe, while you may get the same package young player plus a pick, it limits anything else you can do and you are just wasting money.

^ Show me the math? or shut the fuck up

whitemamba
07-05-2013, 06:59 PM

:lol

Kai
07-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Kool, pls lick my balls. pls.

ShowtimeFan
07-05-2013, 07:00 PM
was it smart when Kobe went back to back no Shaq...was your ungrateful ass hollering Amnesty then...shut the fuck up turn coat

Look, unless you think the Lakers are competitors next season, it's a lost season anyway so why not set up a little better for the future. I'm not sayin' you throw Kobe out on his ass, or that this is even in the realm of interesting possibilities, but if Kobe's on board and even thinking it's his plan, then it's interesting to consider. Bottom line, Kobe retires a Laker, but if you can set up for a strong 2014 run and laugh at Stern in the process then sure, why not.

Turn-coat? If I'm a turn-coat for thinking Lakers are non-competitors next year, then I guess the label fits.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Look, unless you think the Lakers are competitors next season, it's a lost season anyway so why not set up a little better for the future. I'm not sayin' you throw Kobe out on his ass, or that this is even in the realm of interesting possibilities, but if Kobe's on board and even thinking it's his plan, then it's interesting to consider. Bottom line, Kobe retires a Laker, but if you can set up for a strong 2014 run and laugh at Stern in the process then sure, why not.

Turn-coat? If I'm a turn-coat for thinking Lakers are non-competitors next year, then I guess the label fits.

^ it's exactly what you're saying...and you're too stupid to realize your just a pawn in DPG's little game

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Kool, pls lick my balls. pls.

Eh? them lil thangs...can't lick acorns

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Lakers, without Dwight and the other moves they made (letting go of Ebanks, Morris, Duhon) are sitting at about 72M in salary.

Pau makes 19M. If you trade him and still have Kobe on the roster, they are sitting at 53M (and that is assuming you don't get any money back in the trade which while it's possible, it's probably not likely as they would likely want at least one good young player on a cheap contract). But for the sake of best case cap scenario, let's assume they trade Pau and get nothing back salary-wise. The are at approximately 53M.

If the salary cap is what we expect at 58.5, that leaves them 5.5M at this point or close to the MLE so they would have either. So they could sign a player (which there doesn't appear to be many FA's out there that LA would want with that MLE or salary cap space).

If they amnesty Metta, that takes it down from 53M to about 46M which would give them approximately 12M to sign a FA this year (or absorb trades). So yes, they could theoretcially do those moves, not amnesty Kobe and still sign a FA this year, but who is left they would want that would help them win with replacing Pau/Metta/Clark/Jamison/Duhon/Ebanks/Morris with just that 12M (which again is best case scenario. If LAL trades Pau and gets salary back, it takes away directly from that 12M).

As of now though, even with Dwight gone, even if the amensty Metta, they would be at 65M in salary and only have the MLE to spend this year.

So the plan ultimately should be amnesty Kobe (since he won't play anywhere else anyways), trade Pau and that would put the Lakers at approximately 23M in salary this year. Get assets, better pick(s) & sign Kobe to a reduced salary next year.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Lakers, without Dwight and the other moves they made (letting go of Ebanks, Morris, Duhon) are sitting at about 72M in salary.

Pau makes 19M. If you trade him and still have Kobe on the roster, they are sitting at 53M (and that is assuming you don't get any money back in the trade which while it's possible, it's probably not likely as they would likely want at least one good young player on a cheap contract). But for the sake of best case cap scenario, let's assume they trade Pau and get nothing back salary-wise. The are at approximately 53M.

If the salary cap is what we expect at 58.5, that leaves them 5.5M at this point or close to the MLE so they would have either. So they could sign a player (which there doesn't appear to be many FA's out there that LA would want with that MLE or salary cap space).

If they amnesty Metta, that takes it down from 53M to about 46M which would give them approximately 12M to sign a FA this year (or absorb trades). So yes, they could theoretcially do those moves, not amnesty Kobe and still sign a FA this year, but who is left they would want that would help them win with replacing Pau/Metta/Clark/Jamison/Duhon/Ebanks/Morris with just that 12M (which again is best case scenario. If LAL trades Pau and gets salary back, it takes away directly from that 12M).

As of now though, even with Dwight gone, even if the amensty Metta, they would be at 65M in salary and only have the MLE to spend this year.

So the plan ultimately should be amnesty Kobe (since he won't play anywhere else anyways), trade Pau and that would put the Lakers at approximately 23M in salary this year. Get assets, better pick(s) & sign Kobe to a reduced salary next year.

again to accomplish what...your premise fails on the basic notion of MAXIMIZING KOBE's LAST YRS...You keep bringing up the cap and lux tax like it matters to us as badly as it does other teams....again assets and picks don't help us now...achilles assumptions is nothing but a red herring...Dwight, Pau, and Nash missed half the season combined...so Kobe carried them to 7th seed....barring injuries we get 3 or 4 seed....

your theory is a fail....Amnesty hurts more than helps

Rogue
07-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Glad he didn't "choose" us, congrats to both Mavs and the Lakers, and Warriors as well :toast

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 07:17 PM
About as retarded as Kobe saying he can play at a high level for 3 more years coming off of the injury at age 35.

when you assume you literally make an ass of u

DPG21920
07-05-2013, 07:19 PM
again to accomplish what...your premise fails on the basic notion of MAXIMIZING KOBE's LAST YRS...You keep bringing up the cap and lux tax like it matters to us as badly as it does other teams....again assets and picks don't help us now...achilles assumptions is nothing but a red herring...Dwight, Pau, and Nash missed half the season combined...so Kobe carried them to 7th seed....barring injuries we get 3 or 4 seed....

your theory is a fail....Amnesty hurts more than helps

How can you say that when LAL had 30M more than any other team and still was not a good enough destination for free agents? Many people don't want to play with Kobe - it's been said numerous times. Getting younger, more athletic and talented guys in a draft is helping Kobe considering they will do that in my scenario on top of having a ton of cap space to sign the vets to replace Dwight/Pau...That is the only way to maximize Kobe's chances. Don't do that and you get the same cap space a year later, but no extra picks or young talent that you get via trade and the Lakers flame out this year.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2013, 07:22 PM
How can you say that when LAL had 30M more than any other team and still was not a good enough destination for free agents? Many people don't want to play with Kobe - it's been said numerous times. Getting younger, more athletic and talented guys in a draft is helping Kobe considering they will do that in my scenario on top of having a ton of cap space to sign the vets to replace Dwight/Pau...That is the only way to maximize Kobe's chances. Don't do that and you get the same cap space a year later, but no extra picks or young talent that you get via trade and the Lakers flame out this year.

I didn't know you were a birther...

Draft picks won't help Kobe in 2-3 yrs...rebuild once Kobe is done...right now we need to find away to rape another team we never build through drafts....

ShowtimeFan
07-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Obviously this is a moot point, Kobe wouldn't tolerate an amnesty and that's all that matters, he's earned that and much more respect from the franchise. Still, if the Lakers ever had the chance to pull a Spurs-style tank job, this would be it.

While we're screwing around with DPG's Kobe amnesty scenario, here's how it'll play out:
- Pau and Nash do just enough to keep the Lakers as entertaining losers all year.
- Kobe amnestied and signs with Spurs just to pull an Odom-style chemistry torpedo job. (plays it off as trying to sign with a competitor)
- Lakers win 2014 lottery
- Resign Kobe and Pau on the cheap and get 1-2 max FA's in 2014

Michael Jordan.
08-14-2013, 12:46 PM
:lol

Rogue
08-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Great effort digging all these old threads out of the ground bro. It actually made be feel for a second that the off-season had ended and the board came back to life again, tbh.

Michael Jordan.
09-21-2013, 11:26 AM
:lmao

-21-
09-21-2013, 11:37 AM
WTF? :rollin