PDA

View Full Version : Biggest middle finger ever raised to a supposedly All Time Great..

HemisfairArena
07-05-2013, 07:16 PM
and I love it. Dwight Howard might have just become one of my favorite players in the NBA...obviously behind Duncan....for kicking Kobe to curb. This is unprecented for the Laker organization. A free agent leaving 30 million dollars on the table to get away from what they think is the best organization in the NBA. Its because of Kobe...not D'Antoni...not Steve Nash...not Jim Buss. Howard is leaving because he despises Kobe Bryant and doesnt want to play with him at all. Can you imagine someone leaving 30 mil on the table because he doesnt want to play with Tim Duncan? Wont ever happen. Duncan doesnt run players off. Kobe has now succesfully run off Shaq and Howard....what an All Time GReat. LMAO

Baam
07-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I thought this was about Pop benching Duncan when I read the title.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2013, 07:20 PM
I thought this was about Pop benching Duncan when I read the title.

That was a very close 2nd.

Russo21
07-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Pretty funny shit i must admit. Spurs outlasting our two main rivals from the 00s the Mavs and Lakers

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 07:26 PM
I agree OP. Kobe deserved the biggest FUC* YOU in the world. The man is egotistical and selfish. Kobe Bryant just cares about Kobe Bryant.

Baseline
07-05-2013, 07:27 PM
and I love it. Dwight Howard might have just become one of my favorite players in the NBA...obviously behind Duncan....for kicking Kobe to curb. This is unprecented for the Laker organization. A free agent leaving 30 million dollars on the table to get away from what they think is the best organization in the NBA. Its because of Kobe...not D'Antoni...not Steve Nash...not Jim Buss. Howard is leaving because he despises Kobe Bryant and doesnt want to play with him at all. Can you imagine someone leaving 30 mil on the table because he doesnt want to play with Tim Duncan? Wont ever happen. Duncan doesnt run players off. Kobe has now succesfully run off Shaq and Howard....what an All Time GReat. LMAO 1000% true. For his entire career, Bryant has not been held accountable for ANYTHING, including a rape. Well, that should change...beginning today.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
1000% true. For his entire career, Bryant has not been held accountable for ANYTHING, including a rape. Well, that should change...beginning today.Nah, it's not gonna change a thing, at least from DisneySPN's perspective. Some bitc* on ESPN asked Jeff Van Gundy a little while ago in the middle of the Dwight Howard conversation "so how does this affect the Lakers getting Lebron James?" Jeff Van Gundy was like "why are we already talking about Lebron James?" The bitc* replied "I'm sorry, that's how we run things on Sportscenter." Fuc*ing unbelievable.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Nah, it's not gonna change a thing, at least from DisneySPN's perspective. Some bitc* on ESPN asked Jeff Van Gundy a little while ago in the middle of the Dwight Howard conversation "so how does this affect the Lakers getting Lebron James?" Jeff Van Gundy was like "why are we already talking about Lebron James?" The bitc* replied "I'm sorry, that's how we run things on Sportscenter." Fuc*ing unbelievable.

I agree...ESPN isnt gonna change. But I do think the Lakers in in for a long drought...kinda like the Celtics went through. Laker fans are so young and arrogant...they dont remember the Lakers went 12 years without a title between 1988 and 2000. They think they always re-load and win a title every 3-5 years. I think the Lakers are so far behind the curve...they wont sniff another title til the mid 2020's at best. You can see their desperation when they think they will get LeBron in 2014...that isnt happening...but even made it more sure when Howard bolted.

spurtech09
07-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Howard the next Lebron James?James screwed Cleveland......now D12 screws the lakers.....:wakeup

HemisfairArena
07-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Howard the next Lebron James?James screwed Cleveland......now D12 screws the lakers.....:wakeup

Howard didnt screw the Lakers...LA took a chance on him on a one year rental hoping he would sign a max extension. Howard passed. Simple as that. I just love Howard telling Kobrick to go f^%$ himself in the process.

TheGoldStandard
07-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Lakers are a huge void right now..

Big P
07-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing....Kobe is no longer relevant... :lmao

Nathan Explosion
07-05-2013, 09:02 PM
I hate to defend Kobe on this one, but he was right to tell Howard that he needed to be taught how to win a title. In the biggest game of the season, Howard shrank from the pressure and got kicked out of the game. He let himself be guarded by Bonner.

Howard doesn't want to be on the Lakers because he found out the spotlight is too bright and he can't handle it.

Now I must take a shower.

cd021
07-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Pretty funny shit i must admit. Spurs outlasting our two main rivals from the 00s the Mavs and Lakers

This^

cd021
07-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Got Bynum?

elmanutres
07-05-2013, 09:20 PM
howard is the one that usually runs people off. ironic kobe runned him off. so far theres shaq and howard

DMX7
07-05-2013, 09:55 PM
I thought you were talking about our offseason... seriously...

TheGoldStandard
07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I was thinking the same thing....Kobe is no longer relevant... :lmao

And he has to watch from the bench as his Lakers fall apart with an 8 man roster.

tmtcsc
07-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Lakers are better off without him. If you don't think Kobe gave Howard the bigger middle finger during his recruiting speech, you weren't listening. Kobe pretty much "son'd" him and said "If you choose to leave, you'll never be a winner."

Big P
07-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Thinking about it now, kobe probably told him all that crap, knowing it was going to turn howard off..he wanted him to leave...what a bunch of drama queens.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Laker fans in full meltdown mode and thats pure gold. They are trying to convince themselves that they are better off without the best big man in the league and an old SG coming off a major injury is the answer to all their problems. It even gets better wheb they think they will land a guy like LeBron in 2014. They are a delusional bunch if anything. Very entertaining.

Juggity
07-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Lakers are better off without him. If you don't think Kobe gave Howard the bigger middle finger during his recruiting speech, you weren't listening. Kobe pretty much "son'd" him and said "If you choose to leave, you'll never be a winner."

I mean, considering Kobe piggybacked dominant bigs to 4 and a half of his five titles, it's more than a little funny that Kobe presumes to know what it means to show anyone how to win.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2013, 11:30 PM
I mean, considering Kobe piggybacked dominant bigs to 4 and a half of his five titles, it's more than a little funny that Kobe presumes to know what it means to show anyone how to win.

+1000. Obviously tmtcsc needs to know that the only time the Lakers have missed the playoffs in the last 25 years is when Kobe didnt have a big man to piggy back. Kobe cant win without a dominant big man. he is arguablly the most overrated player in NBA history.

cjw
07-05-2013, 11:32 PM

Don't forget the Suns, they were pretty darned good too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Say whatever you want. I'd gladly take Kobe here for the remainder of the TD era. Dwight's a zero.

racm
07-06-2013, 12:39 AM

He at least had the decorum to tell Kupchak himself he was leaving and that he was gonna play in Houston. No 1 hour special on ESPN BS.

Juggity
07-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Say whatever you want. I'd gladly take Kobe here for the remainder of the TD era. Dwight's a zero.

One's melanoma and the other's sarcoma. Fact is, they're just different flavors of cancer.

dallasmaverickslose
07-06-2013, 12:58 AM
I have more respect for Dwight Howard's departure from LA than Queen James' from Cleveland. HINT: "The Decision"

In summary I hate both of these players' guts and wish them nothing but the worst.

racm
07-06-2013, 01:01 AM
http://www.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif

Darkwaters
07-06-2013, 02:13 AM

How do you figure that? The Lakers traded for Howard on a one year rental and couldn't get the extension done. It's not the first time that has happened. And when you hire a coach like Mike D'Antoni that's all about making Steve Nash comfortable (at the expense of your bigs). Plus you have Kobe Bryant, the most arrogant, egotistical POS in the league, that can run players off all by himself.

So yea, this is all on Howard.

racm
07-06-2013, 02:31 AM
How do you figure that? The Lakers traded for Howard on a one year rental and couldn't get the extension done. It's not the first time that has happened. And when you hire a coach like Mike D'Antoni that's all about making Steve Nash comfortable (at the expense of your bigs). Plus you have Kobe Bryant, the most arrogant, egotistical POS in the league, that can run players off all by himself.

So yea, this is all on Howard.

He can't run scrubs like Danny Green off the three point line, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI

SenorSpur
07-06-2013, 08:37 AM
:lmao at the Fakers front office.

Their half-season experiment with Howard was a colossal failure. They convinced themselves that no self-respecting free agent would EVER walk away from the vaunted Purple and Gold. They even bragged at how taking a chance on Howard was good gamble because of how L.A. had all the trappings he required and they were convinced that he'd want to embrace the lineage of being the latest in a long line of previous Faker big men. Now he's gone. Their jaws are on the floor. They're still old, slow, injury-prone and un-athletic and have precious few upcoming draft picks. Even their brightest young player, Earl Clark, has quietly bolted for Cleveland. Meanwhile Kobe is bragging about playing another 3-4 years hero-ball and stat-chasing. All of which would certainly delay their eminent rebuilding. Seems to me their organizational arrogance has finally caught up with them. Of course, the next year will be filled with their delusions of trying to nab a LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony or a Paul George. Further proof that their organizational arrogance will allow them to keep dreaming. It will be fun to watch their giant egos try to find their way out of sinking to the bottom of an already stacked Western Conference.

:lmao at the Mavs front office too.

They've virtually ignored the draft for 10 years. The last 3 years they've whored themselves out chasing the "big fish" free agents. They gutted their team, signed average players to one-year contracts and made promises to both Dirk and their fan base about a philosophy built on nothing more than hope and pipe dreams. Instead they've been rebuffed in consecutive years by Deron Williams, Chris Paul and now Dwight Howard. Now, like the Fakers, they, too, have nothing. They are also old, slow and un-athletic. Sure, they've got money, but no legitimate Plan B. After Howard jilted them, they've since thrown themselves at PG Jose Calderon, so that's their big splash in free agency so far. Try selling that to the fans. Like the Fakers, they've deluded themselves into thinking they could do a quick-fix instead of adding sustainable pieces along the way. It blew up in their faces. Cuban, in his own childish way, took several media pot-shots at Williams once he spurned them last year and I expect him to do the same with Howard and the Rockets. Good luck with Plan B - whatever it is - it'll also be fun to watch.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2013, 08:40 AM

Aren't you one of those people that gets angry when Parker goes hero-ball at the end of quarters? Imagine it for 40 minutes a night, every night, rain or shine. You wouldn't be able to post because your keyboard was smashed. Kobe playing team basketball is an all-time great. Most of the time he's Allen Iverson in lifts.

dbestpro
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
I hate to defend Kobe on this one, but he was right to tell Howard that he needed to be taught how to win a title. In the biggest game of the season, Howard shrank from the pressure and got kicked out of the game. He let himself be guarded by Bonner.

Howard doesn't want to be on the Lakers because he found out the spotlight is too bright and he can't handle it.

Now I must take a shower.

Kobe was not right to say what he said. Just because things might be true you do not always say them. If you are married you must know this. You also know this from your own job. Kobe was suppose to try and convince Howard to come back. Telling somebody you can only succeed if I show you how is one of the dumbest recruiting statements I think I have ever heard.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Kobe was not right to say what he said. Just because things might be true you do not always say them. If you are married you must know this. You also know this from your own job. Kobe was suppose to try and convince Howard to come back. Telling somebody you can only succeed if I show you how is one of the dumbest recruiting statements I think I have ever heard.

I think Kobe may actually believe that he hasn't piggybacked his way to championships behind great front lines and huge clutch play by teammates.

Jumi
07-06-2013, 09:25 AM
This

:lol Mavs
:lol Lakers
:lol Suns

We don't rebuild, we reload! Only missed the playoffs 4 times since 1976! :flag:

MeloHype
07-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Bible Kemp never wanted to play in LA anyway, he owes nothing to them. Glad he left that shithole

Captivus
07-06-2013, 09:34 AM
In around 1 year the Lakers will try to rebuild almost an entire team.

BackHome
07-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I agree they should try and get some number one picks next year. I would look at trading Gasol and getting some people who just have a one year contract and number one picks.....Tank.....and then get two picks in the first round and then try to sign free agents.

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
What Spurs fans wanted:
(1) Re-sign Tiago and Manu to $3M apiece
(2) Sign Kirilenko/Monta Ellis
(3) Trade for Duncan's successor

What actually happened
(1) Re-signed Tiago and Manu for whatever cap space we had this offseason.
(2) Sign Belinelli and Pendergraph.
(3) Still have the same flight of point guards. Still have Splitter imminently succeeding Duncan.
(4) Spurs fans scratch their heads, baffled. Cuss at each other and all the offseason moves.

Johnsyounger
07-06-2013, 02:51 PM
What Spurs fans wanted:

What actually happened
(3) Still have the same flight of point guards. Still have Splitter imminently succeeding Duncan.
(4) Spurs fans scratch their heads, baffled. Cuss at each other and all the offseason moves.

1st season as a spurs fan???? This is what we always do.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2013, 03:08 PM
What Spurs fans wanted:

What actually happened
(4) Spurs fans scratch their heads, baffled. Cuss at each other and all the offseason moves.LMAO... you might want to add to your list as #5 People calling TheGreatYacth a troll because Spurs fans can't accept the fact that this was a disappointing offseason.
1st season as a spurs fan???? This is what we always do.Yeah we're always content with having 4 championships rather than 5 or 6 because that's what the basketball Gods planned for us.

Johnsyounger
07-06-2013, 03:21 PM
LMAO... you might want to add to your list as #5 People calling TheGreatYacth a troll because Spurs fans can't accept the fact that this was a disappointing offseason.Yeah we're always content with having 4 championships rather than 5 or 6 because that's what the basketball Gods planned for us.
You really are a stone cold moron. What you know about basketball you could shove up a gnats ass and still have room for an entire pizza pie and a 56 chevy. You probably thought the RJ signing was brilliant.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2013, 03:27 PM
You really are a stone cold moron. What you know about basketball you could shove up a gnats ass and still have room for an entire pizza pie and a 56 chevy. You probably thought the RJ signing was brilliant.LMAO, I've always said that RJ was a scrub and that's harsh. The guy can't defend, shoot, or rebound. Most of his success was attributed to Jason Kidd throwing lobs at him. I knew RJ was going to be an instant failure I just wasn't around ST to convey my feelings. That little phrase of yours "you don't know shi* about basketball because you are criticizing the Spurs" has already been used a million times on me so find something better to insult me smart guy.

Johnsyounger
07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
LMAO, I've always said that RJ was a scrub and that's harsh. The guy can't defend, shoot, or rebound. Most of his success was attributed to Jason Kidd throwing lobs at him. I knew RJ was going to be an instant failure I just wasn't around ST to convey my feelings. That little phrase of yours "you don't know shi* about basketball because you are criticizing the Spurs" has already been used a million times on me so find something better to insult me smart guy.
What you know about basketball you could shove up a gnats ass and still have room for an entire pizza pie and a 56 chevy. Creative and concise.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2013, 03:33 PM
What you know about basketball you could shove up a gnats ass and still have room for an entire pizza pie and a 56 chevy. Creative and concise. I love talking to walls. :wakeup

rascal
07-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Lakers are a huge void right now..

Lakers will probably end up with James in a couple of years. They are going to pull a Miami with James and friends joining the Lakers in a couple of years. I have already seen some write-ups on that possibility. They don't have too much trouble reloading the roster. Don't worry about the Lakers, they will win a title before the Spurs.

rascal
07-06-2013, 04:14 PM
You really are a stone cold moron. What you know about basketball you could shove up a gnats ass and still have room for an entire pizza pie and a 56 chevy. You probably thought the RJ signing was brilliant.

I liked the trade for RJ because the Spurs traded trash for him. He was a bad fit for what the Spurs wanted to use him for but the guys they traded I wanted off the team anyways. But the 2nd signing was a bad move.

rascal
07-06-2013, 04:18 PM
In around 1 year the Lakers will try to rebuild almost an entire team.

They will get a lottery pick and big cap space. They will be primed to load the team and pass the Spurs out at that point.

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 04:23 PM
They will get a lottery pick and big cap space. They will be primed to load the team and pass the Spurs out at that point.

lol closeted Laker fan desperately try to spin the utter failure of his team.
lol best FO in the NBA can't keep a player in LA. Howard took 30M less to leave the Lakers.
lol reload. More like unload.

HemisfairArena
07-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Lakers will probably end up with James in a couple of years. They are going to pull a Miami with James and friends joining the Lakers in a couple of years. I have already seen some write-ups on that possibility. They don't have too much trouble reloading the roster. Don't worry about the Lakers, they will win a title before the Spurs.

No way LeBron is leaving Miami... not after going to 3 straight Finals and winning back to back titles. Miami will let Wade and Bosh go before they ever let LeBron go. That is an epic pipedream if Lakers think they get him. And all the other free agents the Lakers want for 2014 are restricted which means their teams will match whatever is thrown at them. Guys like John Wall or Kyrie Irving. Only guy that Lakers might get is Melo and I dont think he'll leave a big market like New York for another big market in LA with a horrible roster. Lakers are toast and they dont even know it yet.

dbestpro
07-06-2013, 06:07 PM
The future may not be as nice as the past for the Lakers. The taxes in California are making many athletes think twice about going there. Plus you never know what crazy law they will pass next. Lebron may go to Ohio for sentimental reasons, otherwise I think he stays in income tax free Florida.

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 06:18 PM
The future may not be as nice as the past for the Lakers. The taxes in California are making many athletes think twice about going there. Plus you never know what crazy law they will pass next. Lebron may go to Ohio for sentimental reasons, otherwise I think he stays in income tax free Florida.

They're not going to pry LeBron from Miami and the next best FA in 2014 is Melo. The Lakers are screwed unless they tank hard and win the lottery. Poor rascal still thinks that the Lakers are still run by Jerry Buss and Jerry West, not Jerry's idiot son and Mitch. The money and the market gives them a built in advantage, but it's the same advantage enjoyed by the Knicks, Nets, and Clips. Teams with money and market that have been spectacular failures for decades. The Lakers are going to need the luck of the lottery to avoid an extended period of irrelevance.

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2013, 06:48 PM
LMAO... you might want to add to your list as #5 People calling TheGreatYacth a troll because Spurs fans can't accept the fact that this was a disappointing offseason.Yeah we're always content with having 4 championships rather than 5 or 6 because that's what the basketball Gods planned for us.
who the heck is TheGreatYacht...

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2013, 06:49 PM
1st season as a spurs fan???? This is what we always do.
Nah son been at it for almost 12 years, first time I got around to actually post in this site

Johnsyounger
07-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Nah son been at it for almost 12 years, first time I got around to actually post in this site
lol 12 years...right after we won in 99..standard lol

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2013, 06:55 PM
lol 12 years...right after we won in 99..standard lol
I was just nine years old then..? Sorry I actually found Duncan's game enticing. Would you have wanted me to latch onto the Hawks instead. Sheesh. Sports snobs. At least I got around to reading about the years Will Perdue etc etc played for this great team.

Johnsyounger
07-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I was just nine years old then..? Sorry I actually found Duncan's game enticing. Would you have wanted me to latch onto the Hawks instead. Sheesh. Sports snobs. At least I got around to reading about the years Will Perdue etc etc played for this great team.
Need to read about Gervin, Gilmore, and Moore tbh...

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Need to read about Gervin, Gilmore, and Moore tbh...
Done that too. What next? Read why they were named the Chaparrals? Ron Boone? John Beasley? Babe McCarthy?

HemisfairArena
07-06-2013, 07:00 PM
My favorite player growing up was James Silas but that really shows my age.

Johnsyounger
07-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Done that too. What next? Read why they were named the Chaparrals? Ron Boone? John Beasley? Babe McCarthy?
Dwayne Schintzius

Johnsyounger
07-06-2013, 07:10 PM
My favorite player growing up was James Silas but that really shows my age.
Silas was a bad man.

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Dwayne Schintzius
Was rooting for him even when he played for the Mobile Revelers. This is getting boring thanks anyway

Thomas82
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
:lmao at the Fakers front office.

Their half-season experiment with Howard was a colossal failure. They convinced themselves that no self-respecting free agent would EVER walk away from the vaunted Purple and Gold. They even bragged at how taking a chance on Howard was good gamble because of how L.A. had all the trappings he required and they were convinced that he'd want to embrace the lineage of being the latest in a long line of previous Faker big men. Now he's gone. Their jaws are on the floor. They're still old, slow, injury-prone and un-athletic and have precious few upcoming draft picks. Even their brightest young player, Earl Clark, has quietly bolted for Cleveland. Meanwhile Kobe is bragging about playing another 3-4 years hero-ball and stat-chasing. All of which would certainly delay their eminent rebuilding. Seems to me their organizational arrogance has finally caught up with them. Of course, the next year will be filled with their delusions of trying to nab a LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony or a Paul George. Further proof that their organizational arrogance will allow them to keep dreaming. It will be fun to watch their giant egos try to find their way out of sinking to the bottom of an already stacked Western Conference.

:lmao at the Mavs front office too.

They've virtually ignored the draft for 10 years. The last 3 years they've whored themselves out chasing the "big fish" free agents. They gutted their team, signed average players to one-year contracts and made promises to both Dirk and their fan base about a philosophy built on nothing more than hope and pipe dreams. Instead they've been rebuffed in consecutive years by Deron Williams, Chris Paul and now Dwight Howard. Now, like the Fakers, they, too, have nothing. They are also old, slow and un-athletic. Sure, they've got money, but no legitimate Plan B. After Howard jilted them, they've since thrown themselves at PG Jose Calderon, so that's their big splash in free agency so far. Try selling that to the fans. Like the Fakers, they've deluded themselves into thinking they could do a quick-fix instead of adding sustainable pieces along the way. It blew up in their faces. Cuban, in his own childish way, took several media pot-shots at Williams once he spurned them last year and I expect him to do the same with Howard and the Rockets. Good luck with Plan B - whatever it is - it'll also be fun to watch.

+1