PDA

View Full Version : Notable FA's Remaining

raybies
07-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Trying to see who's out there and who we might consider.
Also discuss any other team needs and potential landing spots.

Other teams:
Josh Smith -Pistons
Jarret jack - Cavs
Ak47
Monta Ellis
Andrew Bynum
Corey Brewer
Chris Kaman

Spurs:
For Backup PG:
Collison- Clippers
Billups

Most likely a third stringer SF:
Casspi- Houston
Delfino-Milwaukee
Young as in Sam Young played (solid d on james)

Backup C: Filled (Jeff)
Dalembert
Pachulia -Milwaukee
Oden

ducks
07-05-2013, 10:21 PM
ak47

Sean Cagney
07-05-2013, 10:24 PM
ak47

^^^^^^^^

fleggy2k2
07-05-2013, 10:24 PM
/thread

ducks
07-05-2013, 10:26 PM
josh smith wants the max

Leetonidas
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Smith's not getting the max, unless Houston is really retarded and tries to free up space to offer him one. A player with no all-star appearances in as many seasons as him is not a max player. But he's too expensive for us anyway

raybies
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Wasn't clear on the opening post... Any idea where josh smith lands and others...

ducks
07-05-2013, 10:33 PM
smith visted pistons

raybies
07-05-2013, 10:44 PM
So recent spurs interests include :
Darren Collison
Anthony morrow

I can understand collison, back up pg. But who plays if we get ak? We have Marco, manu, Boris, as rotationalplayers on the bench. Seems to me more likely to go after a backup c and pg hence the oden and Collison interests

Obstructed_View
07-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Gary Neal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Darren Collison

raybies
07-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Gary Neal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Darren Collison

I disagree, with Marco and Manu what do we need Neal for. He doesn't have handles. Darren can handle the ball. He's capable of starting, yet inconsistent, he could make a solid back up for Tony. Question. Do you think he is capable of giving Parker rest while being a threat on offense?

I understand Gary has performed on the highest level but with shooters we need ppl that can create and handle he ball.

I think he can. He would be on the cheap too and he's young. With some discipline he could sharpen up his game.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Collison didn't look like a guy who is able to run a smart offense in Dallas. He went from promising young NBA point guard to poor man's Nate Robinson in a staggeringly short period of time. I trust Cory Joseph to develop some aggression more than I trust Collison to curb his.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Surprised there's been no word of Casspi thus far. Then again, there was no word of Bellinelli either.

dallasmaverickslose
07-05-2013, 11:34 PM
ODEN!!!

raybies
07-05-2013, 11:39 PM
There was a lot of pressure in Dallas, a one year team, little familiarity with players and I doubt he had the confidence of the players and staff. We run stuff differently here. I take Danny for example, with that lense, Darren could mature by a defined role and limitations. By knowing what is expected of him. I think in Dallas, way to much was expected of him. He could be a low risk high reward with our systems abilities and the given price range he could be had. Also he averaged 12 and 5 last year add his handles and true pg abilities, he would fit next to Marco, Manu, and Diaw.

Darren already is more explosive offensively than Cory, but Cory would have him on defense.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Surprised there's been no word of Casspi thus far. Then again, there was no word of Bellinelli either.Why are some people obsessed with Omri Casspi? That guy is a fuc*ng scrub. BTW, I agree about Darren Collison. He is an interesting prospect.

TheGoldStandard
07-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Why are some people obsessed with Omri Casspi? That guy is a fuc*ng scrub.

He's 6'9 and a small forward.. and that's his upside.

Big P
07-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Josh Smith, Nikola Pekovic, Monta Ellis, Andrew Bynum, Brandon Jennings, Jeff Teague, Andrei Kirilenko, Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry, J.J. Hickson, Mo Williams, Gerald Henderson, Chris Kaman, Darren Collison, Devin Harris, Corey Brewer, Chauncey Billups, Carlos Delfino, Elton Brand, Nick Young, Marresse Speight, Tyler Hansbrough Nate Robinson.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Why are some people obsessed with Omri Casspi? That guy is a fuc*ng scrub. BTW, I agree about Darren Collison. He is an interesting prospect.

There was a lot discussion about Casspi in the weeks before the 2009 draft as someone who might be available with the pick used to select Blair early in the second round. Then he was pretty good as a rookie with Sacto. So there's some residual good feelings about him around here even though he's been really bad the past two seasons.

NickiRasgo
07-05-2013, 11:51 PM
AK-47, Billups and Oden please.

raybies
07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I list Casspi because he is in our "realistic" salary range for a third string sf. I don't see much either.

I would like to see Collison, Young, and Oden signed. That would be a succesful offseason imo. The ball handling to give Tony a rest and for small ball, depth at the 3 and a true backup c, although I do think Baynes has the potential to be a strong back up.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Nobody has ever mentioned this but how bout Devin Harris as a backup PG? I'll never forget how much Devin Harris killed the Spurs at times during the 2006 NBA playoffs with the Mavericks. His slashing reminded me a lot of TP. Wouldn't he be a decent backup? I mean he has been a starter his whole career so maybe coming off the bench to play against second units would work wonders for him.

Budkin
07-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Nobody has ever mentioned this but how bout Devin Harris as a backup PG? I'll never forget how much Devin Harris killed the Spurs at times during the 2006 NBA playoffs with the Mavericks. His slashing reminded me a lot of TP. Wouldn't he be a decent backup? I mean he has been a starter his whole career so maybe coming off the bench to play against second units would work wonders for him.

I would love to have Devin as a backup... would he accept the role though?

slick'81
07-06-2013, 12:06 AM
I just pray belli was signed for the rle atleast then the spurs might get a guy on that list ..cough cough ak47

Kidd K
07-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Trying to see who's out there and who we might consider.
Also discuss any other team needs and potential landing spots.

Other teams:
Josh Smith
Jarret jack
Ak47
Monta Ellis
Andrew Bynum
Corey Brewer
Chris Kaman

Spurs:
For Backup PG:
Collison
Billups

Most likely a third stringer SF:
Casspi
Delfino
Young as in Sam Young played (solid d on james)

Backup C:
Dalembert
Pachulia
Oden

Can't afford the bolded anymore. Collison is probably too expensive now too.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2013, 12:07 AM
I would love to have Devin as a backup... would he accept the role though?Really depends on whether he finds a team that is willing to make him their starting PG. Should he not find a team that suits his starter needs, then the Spurs should seriously pursue this kid. Of course this would mean that 6 other teams will be pursuing him as well. Maybe FO can get a head start by giving him a phone call.

marinoman
07-06-2013, 12:08 AM
i still wanna see what happens with jarrett jack

coyotes_geek
07-06-2013, 12:08 AM

Not a bad idea player-wise. He's a solid vet who can run an offense and still has a little bit of game left in him. Finance/cap-wise I'm not sure it works though. Goes back to Belinelli and whether he's coming out of the MLE or not. If he is, what's left of the MLE isn't going to be enough to get him IMO. Hell, if I'm Devin Harris and I see Jose Calderon's deal I'm probably thinking full-MLE is what I'm worth.

spurman123
07-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Kaman is only 31! He used to awesome, he still has to have that mojo! How much would he want?

Kidd K
07-06-2013, 12:16 AM

Me too, I really wish we went after that guy. Would've been a tremendous addition to the team.

coyotes_geek
07-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Kaman is only 31! He used to awesome, he still has to have that mojo! How much would he want?

His numbers were pretty similar to Splitter's this year and Splitter got $9. Kaman's older and probably doesn't have a team that was as eager to sign him, but I'd think he's still going to end up getting something close to $8, which is what he made last year. I think Dallas S&T's him somewhere.

raybies
07-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Can't afford the bolded anymore. Collison is probably too expensive now too.

From HoopsRumors, From HoopsWorlds Ingram...
Darren Collison (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/collida01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com) will be prioritizing winning over salary or a starting role in free agency, sources tell Bill Ingram of HoopsWorld (http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-time-for-howard-to-announce-his-choice). According to Ingram, Collison has been in contact with the Cavs, Kings, Spurs, and Clippers so far. We had previously heard (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/cavs-eyeing-earl-clark-darren-collison.html) about Cleveland's interest, but the rest of that list of potential suitors is new.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2013, 02:49 AM

Me too, I really wish we went after that guy. Would've been a tremendous addition to the team.Here is the latest on Jarrett Jack:
General manager Bob Myers had said all along that despite the team's perceived salary cap restrictions that a big-time free agent could be signed this summer. The Warriors also will renounce their rights to restricted free agent guard Jarrett Jack and forward Carl Landry to clear space for Iguodala -- a price they believe is more than enough for his addition, which could push promising rookie Harrison Barnes into a reserve role.

Jack and Landry had helped the Warriors go from a 23-43 team during the lockout-shortened season to a 47-35 team last year, earning the conference's sixth seed and eliminating Denver in the first round. But mounting injuries wore the Warriors down and the eventual Western Conference champion San Antonio Spurs sent Golden State home in six games.
353249280183644160 http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9452879/golden-state-warriors-get-andre-iguodala-dwight-howard-chase-source-says

exstatic
07-06-2013, 08:19 AM
AK-47, Billups and Oden please.

Billups is a corpse. He's played 42 of a possible 148 games over the last two seasons. He's fucking done.

NickiRasgo
07-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Billups is a corpse. He's played 42 of a possible 148 games over the last two seasons. He's fucking done.

If for vet. min., along with Oden, I'll take it.

Darkwaters
07-06-2013, 09:02 AM
What about Shaun Livingston?

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2013, 09:03 AM
If for vet. min., along with Oden, I'll take it.

Oden/Billups would be lucky to play a combined twenty games next season.

NickiRasgo
07-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Oden/Billups would be lucky to play a combined twenty games next season.

Yeah. A low-risk/high-reward signing, if it's possible for vet. min., Spurs should do it.

Kidd K
07-06-2013, 08:02 PM
From HoopsRumors, From HoopsWorlds Ingram...
Darren Collison (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/collida01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com) will be prioritizing winning over salary or a starting role in free agency, sources tell Bill Ingram of HoopsWorld (http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-time-for-howard-to-announce-his-choice). According to Ingram, Collison has been in contact with the Cavs, Kings, Spurs, and Clippers so far. We had previously heard (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/cavs-eyeing-earl-clark-darren-collison.html) about Cleveland's interest, but the rest of that list of potential suitors is new.

Thanks for the info bro. :) Those are some pretty random teams though. Kings and Cavs must be cash-favorable situations since they aren't winners, while Clippers and Spurs sound like the winning situations mentioned. How much cap space and money do the Clippers have left? Can they offer him more than we can?

raybies
07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info bro. :) Those are some pretty random teams though. Kings and Cavs must be cash-favorable situations since they aren't winners, while Clippers and Spurs sound like the winning situations mentioned. How much cap space and money do the Clippers have left? Can they offer him more than we can?

The Cavs have Jarret Jack so I think it's safe to say they are out of the running. As for the Clips, they gave a big chunk of the MLE to Matt Barnes so I think monetarily it would be close.

Collison played at UCLA so going back to LA might be appealing, but I think there would be a better possibillity of minutes with the Spurs since we like to rest our players.

Kidd K
07-06-2013, 08:24 PM
The Cavs have Jarret Jack so I think it's safe to say they are out of the running. As for the Clips, they gave a big chunk of the MLE to Matt Barnes so I think monetarily it would be close.

Collison played at UCLA so going back to LA might be appealing, but I think there would be a better possibillity of minutes with the Spurs since we like to rest our players.

That's good news dude. Thanks for sharing that with me. Gets me more pumped up for the possibility of having a real new addition to the team who will make a difference. Not trying to understate Belinelli, but we lost Neal while adding him, so I feel that's a lateral move. Collison would be a great addition and would just be a bonus. No real loss involved with his addition. :)

palangi
07-06-2013, 08:27 PM

not to mentions the clippers have paul and bledsoe at the point too.

raybies
07-06-2013, 08:29 PM
not to mentions the clippers have paul and bledsoe at the point too.
Bledsoe was traded to the Suns; they actually need a backup pg.

palangi
07-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Bledsoe was traded to the Suns; they actually need a backup pg.
damn i'm an idiot! my bad.

raybies
07-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Still holdin out for Billups

Billups, 36, has drawn interest from the Cavaliers, Spurs, Mavericks, Kings, Nets and Wolves.

At his age he would go to a contender and with the Nets getting Shaun Livingston. He might have no other choice but here. He looked done in the playoffs though...

ducks
07-07-2013, 06:45 PM
so did manu but one game

spursince#99
07-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Wesley Johnson

Rev Hill
07-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Wesley Johnson

If we can afford him would be a good pickup to spell Kawhi. Are there any rumor deals out there on him?

spursince#99
07-07-2013, 06:54 PM
If we can afford him would be a good pickup to spell Kawhi. Are there any rumor deals out there on him?

I haven't heard anything, but the way things have panned out throughout his career, he'd be best to sign a 1 or 2 year minimum deal to show the league he can play.

dbestpro
07-07-2013, 07:23 PM
The back up SF will be our 2nd round pick Thomas.

eDizzle20
07-07-2013, 10:32 PM
The back up SF will be our 2nd round pick Thomas.
I could definitely see this. Even though the physical attributes don't standout with Thomas. The guy is a hard worker and he can flat out score. I am looking forward to seeing him play in the summer league. Although at this point I would guess that Belinelli will be the back up at the 3 spot despite the fact he is a 2. I really think the Spurs are going to rely on Kawhi this year. As long as Kawhi stays healthy there won't be a lot of backup minutes to be had at the 3 spot.

raybies
07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Wesley Johnson
What does he do that's elite? If we're going to give our 15th spot up it's going to be worth the squeeze. The Spurs like to keep their flexbility when it comes to that spot. If they do fill it now I would imagine it would be for a player like Billups. I also think it would signal a move coming to our roster.

Another tidbit ...
According to ESPN.com's Chris Broussard (via Twitter (https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/352604130646302720)), Billups is looking to continue his NBA playing career for at least two more seasons.

Two is the key number here. Last two deals, two years. Once again he might have no choice but to come here. He was rumored to have interest in the Heat, but it wasn't mutual.