PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Rockets, Pelicans Discussion Omer Asik/Ryan Anderson swap

Pelicans78
07-05-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/5/4497484/nba-trade-rumors-2013-omer-asik-ryan-anderson

apalisoc_9
07-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Davis-Asik :wow

That's a badass defensive line.

If only the pelicans can get rid of Monty Williams, you guys would be looking at 6-7 seed.

Pelicans78
07-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Davis-Asik :wow

That's a badass defensive line.

If only the pelicans can get rid of Monty Williams, you guys would be looking at 6-7 seed.

Monty's still young, but he has potential. He must have done something right since Coach K picked him as one of the assistant coaches on Team USA.

Chinook
07-05-2013, 11:14 PM
That's random. They get rid of a serviceable center to get another two-guard, then they move a stretch-four (who are becoming the rage nowadays) for another center. So are they going to trade Gordan for a power-forward now?

Pelicans78
07-05-2013, 11:22 PM
That's random. They get rid of a serviceable center to get another two-guard, then they move a stretch-four (who are becoming the rage nowadays) for another center. So are they going to trade Gordan for a power-forward now?

Lopez was serviceable, but a below average rebounder and defender. Asik is a huge upgrade in those two areas compared to Lopez. Plus, Davis is a PF right now so he can play next to Asik. Evans will be the 6th man for now playing SG/SF off the bench but will play with Holiday and Gordon late in games. Gordon is still the team's best scorer if he can stay healthy.

That said, I really like Anderson and think he would be a great fit next to Evans, Gordon, and Holiday late in games.

Darth_Pelican
07-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Lopez was serviceable, but a below average rebounder and defender. Asik is a huge upgrade in those two areas compared to Lopez. Plus, Davis is a PF right now so he can play next to Asik. Evans will be the 6th man for now playing SG/SF off the bench but will play with Holiday and Gordon late in games. Gordon is still the team's best scorer if he can stay healthy.

That said, I really like Anderson and think he would be a great fit next to Evans, Gordon, and Holiday late in games.

Well if this deal goes through, don't you think that Evans is going to be starting SF, and not 6th man? Starting 5 is looking like:

PG Holiday
SG Gordon
SF Evans
PF Davis
C Asik

or do you just start Aminu but give Evans the majority of the minutes off the bench?

Chinook
07-05-2013, 11:30 PM

They did keep Aminu, which will help balance their lineups a good deal, but I'm worried about their shooting now (which I think you were worried about a couple of days ago). They need players to help them stretch the floor. Hopefully, Austin Rivers decides not to sucks as badly this season.

Good luck to your team, though. :toast I'm very interested to see where this all goes. I'm sad that we don't get to see a Davis/Noel lineup, though.

Pelicans78
07-05-2013, 11:34 PM
They did keep Aminu, which will help balance their lineups a good deal, but I'm worried about their shooting now (which I think you were worried about a couple of days ago). They need players to help them stretch the floor. Hopefully, Austin Rivers decides not to sucks as badly this season.

Good luck to your team, though. :toast I'm very interested to see where this all goes. I'm sad that we don't get to see a Davis/Noel lineup, though.

Yeah I'm worried about the shooting as well. That's y I'm not sure I would trade Anderson. He would make our perimeter players so much better. Obviously Asik would drastically improve the defense, but losing Anderson would deal a blow to the offense.

Pelicans78
07-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Well if this deal goes through, don't you think that Evans is going to be starting SF, and not 6th man? Starting 5 is looking like:

PG Holiday
SG Gordon
SF Evans
PF Davis
C Asik

or do you just start Aminu but give Evans the majority of the minutes off the bench?

I'm assuming this.

Darth_Pelican
07-05-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm assuming this.

Yeah, it probably makes sense, because without Anderson our bench is looking pretty weak. We will need Evans rotated in when the starters come out.

Mori Chu
07-05-2013, 11:52 PM
So you clowns paid Evans $44m to come off the bench? And Eric Gordon how much not to play? What a motley crew you have assembled there. Sure you don't want to nab Monta Ellis while you're at it?

Pelicans78
07-06-2013, 12:02 AM
So you clowns paid Evans $44m to come off the bench? And Eric Gordon how much not to play? What a motley crew you have assembled there. Sure you don't want to nab Monta Ellis while you're at it?

Doesn't matter who starts. It only matters who finishes games. Evans and Gordon will be in there at the end of the games.

The Franchise
07-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Anderson would be the perfect four for this Houston team. Much better fit than Josh Smith.

Pelicans78
07-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Anderson would be the perfect four for this Houston team. Much better fit than Josh Smith.

I agree. He would help the Rockets more than Asik would help the Pelicans.

AaronY
07-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Monty's still young, but he has potential. He must have done something right since Coach K picked him as one of the assistant coaches on Team USA.
Two years ago all you heard about Monte was that he had the Hornets playing the hardest out of any team even when they coming down the stretch of a like 20 win season..now he's supposed to be worthless according to a lot of people..don't know what happened..

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Have it on strong authority Pelicans not only haven't talked to Rockets about Asik sign-and-trade but likewise have no interest in him.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Nathan89
07-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Pelicanfans should be pumped for the upcoming season. That team looks very entertaining.

Rogue
07-06-2013, 01:35 AM
This trade is contigent on the DH signing imho. Rockets have to get DH first to make Asik available on the trading block

spurraider21
07-06-2013, 02:18 AM

PG Holiday
SG Gordon
SF Evans
PF Davis
C Asik

considering Evans can back up the 1-3, that seems like a more logical plan tbh

Darth_Pelican
07-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Have it on strong authority Pelicans not only haven't talked to Rockets about Asik sign-and-trade but likewise have no interest in him.

yep, I've heard this trade rumor get squashed by a few people now. This trade isn't happening.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 09:37 AM

I'll believe Wojo.

Brazil
07-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Would be awesome for the rockets tbh

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Houston would get even worse on D, I don't understand why they want to keep adding gunners when they need a solid defender to pair up with Dwight.

jag
07-06-2013, 10:55 AM
I wonder where Austin Rivers fits in all of this?

:lol

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 10:56 AM
I wonder where Austin Rivers fits in all of this?

:lol
Right on their fuckin bench :lol

Pelicans I mean. :lol