PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Tbh I don't get why everyone thinks Houston is so great now with Howard

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
To be objective, Howard will enjoy playing in Houston more than LA out of the shadow of Kobe's intensity, because Howard is an immature, funloving, Shrek-like, dumb oaf. He has two, a maximum of possibly three brain cells rubbing together in his brain. It's amazing he even lasted a season in LA with the lack of mental toughness and immature mentality he has. Yes, he's gonna have more "fun" in Houston because there is less resistance there, less pressure. He can be "the man", but what does that really mean? Experts are even touting this as a championship move but c'mon Harden, Parsons and Howard are supposed to be a new big three or some shit? I'm not buying it. You watch. Lakers will improve drastically when Kobe returns with Pau as their primary post presence and the Man-child cancer removed. And Houston will be just slightly better than average - second round out at best. These guys remind me a lot of the T-Wolves with prime Garnett except Howard is less than half of what prime Garnett was and will never be much more than that. T-Wolves didn't win. Neither will the Rockets. Not with this overgrown bitch at the helm. Lakerfans, this is your new beginning. Houston fans, I hate to say you will be sorely disappointed with this overgrown Manchild.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Dwight Howard is great. Don't you dare question him. Just look at his stats. Don't you read??? The Spurs should have traded Tony Parker for him. The defense!

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Don't know why you're so bitter. And you have to be an idiot if you think adding Howard was ALL.

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Don't know why you're so bitter. And you have to be an idiot if you think adding Howard was ALL.

Nice sig brah but I am bitter because he acted retarded in LA. He ditched a storied franchise. People are saying it's because he wants a championship. Bull. He couldn't handle Kobe. But Kobe was not his enemy. The Mamba was just trying to show him the way and he refused.

MeloHype
07-06-2013, 08:27 AM
They might get j Smoove

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Nice sig brah but I am bitter because he acted retarded in LA. He ditched a storied franchise. People are saying it's because he wants a championship. Bull. He couldn't handle Kobe. But Kobe was not his enemy. The Mamba was just trying to show him the way and he refused.

Well by that token, I guess it's Jerry Buss' fault he refused too. Amirite???

gnsf0946
07-06-2013, 08:30 AM
would be great if someone dug up Rocket fan posts about Howard through this season, i doubt they had many good things to say about him

people on this site change opinions faster that Magic Johnson tbh

TDMVPDPOY
07-06-2013, 08:31 AM
this clown shrinks to a bitch when he gets called out

lol fck lakers anyway, he goto rockets so he can sell his 2 arm sleeves and whatever shit face brand his selling to the masses of clowns in china market...if the chinese buy his shit, then i dont know what to say....there are better things to waste ur money on then this clown

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Well by that token, I guess it's Jerry Buss' fault he refused too. Amirite???

it's really in your best interest to just wait to see how this will play out and not try to defend what ALL other NBA fans see as obvious...Laker fans were in your position this same time last year...wise people tend to learn from others mistakes...you have ZERO reason to try to defend Dwight at this point..it makes you look foolish tbh

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:32 AM
this clown shrinks to a bitch when he gets called out

lol fck lakers anyway, he goto rockets so he can sell his 2 arm sleeves and whatever shit face brand his selling to the masses of clowns in china market...if the chinese buy his shit, then i dont know what to say....there are better things to waste ur money on then this clown

LOL, wtf with the arm sleeves tbh. Does he have tendinitis in his elbows?

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:33 AM
it's really in your best interest to just wait to see how this will play out and not try to defend what ALL other NBA fans see as obvious...Laker fans were in your position this same time last year...wise people tend to learn from others mistakes...you have ZERO reason to try to defend Dwight at this point..it makes you look foolish tbh

+1

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Better than defending Kobe.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Quit sucking Kirby's dick, he's a cancer who just ran off another teammate....

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Better than defending Kobe.

you can Spin and Pivot all you want..it won't change what I said...and yes

Kobe 5

Dwight 0

I can defend that all day now back on topic please..don't do this to yourself djohn you should have learned from our mistakes but obviously NOT

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:37 AM

Clipper fan criticizing Kobe lol. BIG surprise.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:37 AM

Ran off 3 people in one season

Mike Brown
Jerry Buss
Dwight

Is that a record?

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:38 AM

You getting all swole in the chest because Stern gifted you CP3? Grow up kid...your team has Zero titles so you don't know what it takes to be a champ...you're just PMS'ing out the mouth...and have been for quite a while...need to get that mouth flow checked

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Tbh Houston is still a 2nd round exit with their current roster. Harden is no Kirby and Parsons is not as good as some people make him out to be. Lin is trash and Asik reportedly won't be happy with his new role, even if they trade Lin and Asik for Smoove they still have 0 depth and will be limited in terms of improving their roster without trading Harden or Parsons.

Plus, McHale is no Popovich or Pjax, their system last year was just jack up 3s and push the ball as much as possible, horrible defense (Harden and Lin are the worst defenders in the league, even worse than Kirby and Nash) that Dwight will improve somewhat, but I don't expect Houston to be much better than this year's Lakers (2nd half of the season).

They're not better than OKC,My Spurs,Clippers,Denver, IDK how good the Grizzlies and GSW will be, but I don't see Houston as a top 3 team in the West.

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:40 AM
you can Spin and Pivot all you want..it won't change what I said...and yes

Kobe 5

Dwight 0

I can defend that all day now back on topic please..don't do this to yourself djohn you should have learned from our mistakes but obviously NOT

The illustrious Kool has spoken the truth tbh. Only he and true LA fans such as Lakersthebesteva and Cully can fully understand how the presence, distraction and drama of primadonna diva Dwight racked and ravaged the Laker team and their fans. It was complete desolation. Complete desolation I tell you. The smart LA fans, namely some on this board are rejoicing right now because simply because of Dwight's departure, there is a chance to compete in the playoffs now tbh.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:41 AM

Mike Brown
Jerry Buss
Dwight

Is that a record?

You're just sad djohn...now you're looking for Clippa Nation to help you out...he comes on here says a few negative comments about Kobe to help you defelct and you think that's going to matter for Dwight in Houston how?

Like I said it behooves you to NOT make the same mistake as we did..if you do you're failure will be EPIC...just saying

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Tbh Houston is still a 2nd round exit with their current roster. Harden is no Kirby and Parsons is not as good as some people make him out to be. Lin is trash and Asik reportedly won't be happy with his new role, even if they trade Lin and Asik for Smoove they still have 0 depth and will be limited in terms of improving their roster without trading Harden or Parsons.

Plus, McHale is no Popovich or Pjax, their system last year was just jack up 3s and push the ball as much as possible, horrible defense (Harden and Lin are the worst defenders in the league, even worse than Kirby and Nash) that Dwight will improve somewhat, but I don't expect Houston to be much better than this year's Lakers (2nd half of the season).

They're not better than OKC,My Spurs,Clippers,Denver, IDK how good the Grizzlies and GSW will be, but I don't see Houston as a top 3 team in the West.

Insightful post tbh. Things to think on.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:42 AM
You're just sad djohn...now you're looking for Clippa Nation to help you out...he comes on here says a few negative comments about Kobe to help you defelct and you think that's going to matter for Dwight in Houston how?

Like I said it behooves you to NOT make the same mistake as we did..if you do you're failure will be EPIC...just saying

It was a failure from the get go only made worse by hiring D'antoni. Everyone but Lakerfan saw it.

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:44 AM
It was a failure from the get go only made worse by hiring D'antoni. Everyone but Lakerfan saw it.

How is cancer in Houston any different than cancer in LA? Cancer is cancer tbh.

djohn2oo8
How is cancer in Houston any different than cancer in LA? Cancer is cancer tbh.
Kobe's not in Houston.

Koolaid_Man

exactly...we turned a blind eye due to the nostalgia and excitement of it all..just saying you better learn from it..Dwight is not a smart dude...he's on the level of Allen Iverson minus the thug posse

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Kobe's not in Houston.

Ok. I don't need to convince you. Like all naysayers, you must discover the havoc and destruction on your own. Good luck.

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Kobe's not in Houston.

At least the rapist has been loyal to his franchise and has been a solid role player for 5 championships, can't say that about your boy D12, tbh.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 08:49 AM
At least the rapist has been loyal to his franchise
:lol Yeah, those trade demands and the shit he pulled on draft night were just the epitome of loyalty....

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:50 AM
At least the rapist has been loyal to his franchise and has been a solid role player for 5 championships, can't say that about your boy D12, tbh.
I agree....Ran off Phil, Mike, Dwight, Shaq, Bynum (remember the video), Jerry, Earl. 3 time trade demanding champion. #Loyal #BeWell

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I agree....Ran off Phil, Mike, Dwight, Shaq, Bynum (remember the video), Jerry, Earl. 3 time trade demanding champion. #Loyal #BeWell

D John, the chick's ass in your sig is bomb brah but seriously, you tryin' to hard. Jus let it ride an' see if you're right. If it turns out I was wrong, you can bump this thread, laugh and point. Just sayin'.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
:lol Yeah, those trade demands and the shit he pulled on draft night were just the epitome of loyalty....

Like Cully said..it made the old man Buss get off his ass and get us to 4 and 5 in the Kobe era...if not for Kobe's demands he'd be stuck at 3...

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
D John, the chick's ass in your sig is bomb brah but seriously, you tryin' to hard. Jus let it ride an' see if you're right. If it turns out I was wrong, you can bump this thread, laugh and point. Just sayin'.
Deal.

jag
07-06-2013, 09:20 AM

Mike Brown
Jerry Buss
Dwight

Is that a record?

Jerry Buss quit. Plain and simple. He quit on the organization. Set a bad precedent, tbh.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Jerry Buss quit. Plain and simple. He quit on the organization. Set a bad precedent, tbh.
:lol

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Phil came back to Kirby and others were traded/fired. At least use facts not make up your own bs, Kirby was a cancer but you're giving him too much credit, Dwight on the other hand has gotten rid of 2 coaches, a GM and has already left 2 franchises hanging (at least Orlando got something out of him leaving), Houston fans gonna be disappointed next season.

Brazil
07-06-2013, 09:51 AM
As Spurs fan I prefer Howard in Houston, first because his rejection is no less than an humiliation for the Lakers and they deserve it more than anyone else and because Howard in LA is more dangerous for the Spurs IMHO than in Houston. Lakers would have a find a way to do some other rigged trades to reinforce them again and be a threat short term. I'm not saying that Houston is not going to be dangerous but I don't see it next year by the time they will be serious Spurs window will be shut down if its not already the case.

all in all there is no reason for Spurs fans to not be happy, I don't care at the end if its a good move for Houston or not. I dislike Howard but Lakers fans acting as if this guy is not a force to reckon with is at a minimum funny.

Rogue
07-06-2013, 10:02 AM
He's gonna enjoy his life in Houston because the people in that city are mostly at the same brain level as himself. The league's dumbest nigga joins the dumbest US city, it's like a marriage made in heaven tbh. One needs to be extremely smart to succeed in hollywood (like my Goddess), while the most remarkable moment for an actor with as little brain as DH will only be when he plays as a dub of Hulk, or some other minor role which doesn't involve any dialogue or any acting skills except bitching and flopping.

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2013, 10:13 AM
:lol CaliSpursFan is so cute when he tries to talk basketball, tbh..

AchillesHeel, too..I'm not sure if I've ever seen somebody make so many shitty takes about the Heat/Lebron in the playoffs this season, tbh..although it's clear he's a Laker fan in disguise, tbh..

Casual fans are enamoured with scoring and flashy offense, tbh..Howard, even coming off an injury, had a great 2nd half of the season..his defense was spectacular in the 2nd half, despite having literally the worst defensive supporting cast in the NBA, according to defensive metrics..

Houston won't contend immediately, but they'll easily be better than teams like Memphis, Golden State and Denver:lol..

lakerhaterade
07-06-2013, 10:13 AM
He's gonna enjoy his life in Houston because the people in that city are mostly at the same brain level as himself. The league's dumbest nigga joins the dumbest US city, it's like a marriage made in heaven tbh. One needs to be extremely smart to succeed in hollywood (like my Goddess), while the most remarkable moment for an actor with as little brain as DH will only be when he plays as a dub of Hulk, or some other minor role which doesn't involve any dialogue or any acting skills except bitching and flopping.

:lmao

what do you have against Houston, tbh? I remember that one time you went in on djohn back in 09. Classic shit tbh.

:lol big shitty

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2013, 10:15 AM
The hate for Howard as a basketball player has gotten over the top. He's a fake Christian deadbeat dad who's goofy shtick has run its course and isn't funny at all, but when he's healthy and actually trying he's the best defensive player in the NBA while he scores 20+ points a game at an efficient level. It remains to be seen how well he fits with Houston/how motivated he's really gonna be, but if he goes back to 2009-2011 form then he'll be a significant help to Houston.

Kai
07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Your anger makes me happy.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
:lol CaliSpursFan is so cute when he tries to talk basketball, tbh..

AchillesHeel, too..I'm not sure if I've ever seen somebody make so many shitty takes about the Heat/Lebron in the playoffs this season, tbh..although it's clear he's a Laker fan in disguise, tbh..

Casual fans are enamoured with scoring and flashy offense, tbh..Howard, even coming off an injury, had a great 2nd half of the season..his defense was spectacular in the 2nd half, despite having literally the worst defensive supporting cast in the NBA, according to defensive metrics..

Houston won't contend immediately, but they'll easily be better than teams like Memphis, Golden State and Denver:lol..
The goods. They're a 3rd all star level player away from contention but Houston is the 3rd best team in the west now IMO.

spurraider21
07-06-2013, 10:21 AM
When the youngest team in the NBA with a new superstar who surprisingly made the playoffs in a "growing pains season" acquires the best defensive/rebounding big in the game, yeah, some excitement is warranted

GuerillaBlack
07-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Some folks gonna be shocked once the season starts. It's gonna almost be plug n play with Howard. Just don't drop the ball like Asik did. Rockets can trade Asik for some shooters if he doesn't want to stay. and Rin will surprise people too.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Some folks gonna be shocked once the season starts. It's gonna almost be plug n play with Howard. Just don't drop the ball like Asik did. Rockets can trade Asik for some shooters if he doesn't want to stay. and Rin will surprise people too.
No Lin should be gone. PERIOD.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2013, 10:42 AM
No Lin should be gone. PERIOD.
Agreed he and Asik are two obvious gonners for Houston. They need a PG who's not a defensive liability, can drain 3s and is content just doing that. Lins gonna fuck up their spacing if he's still around and Asik would basically be what gortat was on Orlando which is fine except for his salary.

ill bet Dragic regrets not staying with Houston. Sucks for him tbh but I doubt he was the right fit either.

ezau
07-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Howard is the most dominant big man when engaged and healthy while Harden is already the best SG guard in the NBA. Those are two players being the best in their position, and no team has the personnel to defend both guys one-on-one. If Houston surrounds them with the right pieces, I believe they will contend.

Jumi
07-06-2013, 10:43 AM
When the youngest team in the NBA with a new superstar who surprisingly made the playoffs in a "growing pains season" acquires the best defensive/rebounding big in the game, yeah, some excitement is warranted

This, tbh

I haven't hated Houston since the days of Olajuwon! The T-Mac/ Yao Ming Rockets played so goddamn hard you just had to like'em! Get rid of Lin and get a point guard in the mold of a Ty Lawson and it's full on Dallas Mavericks, LA Lakers kinda hate! This season is gonna be great! No division titles for you youngstas just yet!

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 10:45 AM

so, you think they'll be better than OKC,SA,DEN and LAC?

Lin,Harden and Parsons are below-average on defense. Dwight is the only great defensive player and it won't be seen as much with the pace they play with (as we saw in LA), Dwight needs players to rotate around him on D and help him out, he isn't going to stop other teams from raining wide open 3s on you.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Agreed he and Asik are two obvious gonners for Houston. They need a PG who's not a defensive liability, can drain 3s and is content just doing that. Lins gonna fuck up their spacing if he's still around and Asik would basically be what gortat was on Orlando which is fine except for his salary.

ill bet Dragic regrets not staying with Houston. Sucks for him tbh but I doubt he was the right fit either.
Exactly. And it doesn't take much for teams to shut Lin down. When he gets pressured, he folds. It'll be interesting to see if some team takes him, and who takes Asik, though he should have more suitors.

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Exactly. And it doesn't take much for teams to shut Lin down. When he gets pressured, he folds. It'll be interesting to see if some team takes him, and who takes Asik, though he should have more suitors.

Teams would take them if they didn't get overpaid by Houston, No one's gonna pay 8 mil per year for Lin nor Asik, both have horrible contracts that no one wants unless they're expiring. Best case scenario you get Josh Smith, you're not getting a defensive PG who's also a 3pt specialist, your best bet is to get another good defender that can somewhat produce on O so you should be hoping for Josh Smith.

ElNono
07-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Howard will put up numbers regularly, but his game is too flawed right now to make any kind of noise in the playoffs. Turns into a turnover machine under pressure, poor passing out of double-teams, poor free throw shooter... they're all correctable things if he works on his game, but he doesn't seem to be interested in that right now...

Kai
07-06-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm by no means a "believer" in Lin, but he really gets more hate than he deserves. He didn't have a terrible year, and if he can develop chemistry with Howard as well as he did with Chandler, things can work out nicely with him.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Bev or Canaan can turn into decent starters in this league as well.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm by no means a "believer" in Lin, but he really gets more hate than he deserves. He didn't have a terrible year, and if he can develop chemistry with Howard as well as he did with Chandler, things can work out nicely with him.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Bev or Canaan can turn into decent starters in this league as well.

Lin does not have the confidence to be a starter, helps too much on defense leaving his man WIDEEEE open. Folds under pressure.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2013, 11:02 AM
I like the trade rumor of Asik to the pelicans for Ryan Andersen plus whatever else each team throws in. Houston gets the floor spacing 4 Dwight needs and New Orleans benefits by moving Davis down to his natural position while asiks deal is shorter than Andersen's.

Bill_Brasky
07-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Howard will put up numbers regularly, but his game is too flawed right now to make any kind of noise in the playoffs. Turns into a turnover machine under pressure, poor passing out of double-teams, poor free throw shooter... they're all correctable things if he works on his game, but he doesn't seem to be interested in that right now...

Was gonna say this. Howard is a great player if you wanna win regular season games.

As soon as a good coach throws a good gameplan at him he shrinks and turns into a turnover machine. He sucks at passing out of double teams like you said. For fuck's sake when Aron Baynes is shitting on you it might be time to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're really serious about playing ball.

GuerillaBlack
07-06-2013, 11:11 AM

Lin did much better in the second half of the season. His three started falling finally. Plus he gets into the paint, so that would be a lot of easy passes to Howard. He is better as a sixth man though, but is not bad as a starter. He will do just fine and I don't think the Rockets will trade him and only trade Asik. I don't see anything wrong with his d either. He gets a ton of steals too. He has good size for the position.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Need to trade Lin. Harden cannot be the primary ballhandler because the starting PG can't dribble up the court.

GuerillaBlack
07-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Lin,Harden and Parsons are below-average on defense. Dwight is the only great defensive player and it won't be seen as much with the pace they play with (as we saw in LA), Dwight needs players to rotate around him on D and help him out, he isn't going to stop other teams from raining wide open 3s on you.

Yes they are better than Denver and debatable on if they are better than the Clippers right now. Dwight being there alone with help the defense for everyone out there. Harden was better on d with a shotblocker like ibaka behind him. I wouldn't consider Parsons or Lin below average on d. Parsons was especially good on d his rookie year.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2013, 11:21 AM

They advanced just as far as Denver and LAC did in the playoffs last year so I'd put them ahead of those two after signing Dwight. The nugs have gotten worse since the playoffs and were a gimmicky joke to begin with while the clippers have gotten better with the coaching change but IMO they're still way too weak at SG/SF to have an answer for harden.

Dwight has also had mediocre at best defensive players around him when Orlando was an elite defensive team (jameer Nelson, Rafer Alston, Rashard Lewis, Hedo turkoglu, etc.) they were just more disciplined which is why finding a PG won't cost Houston much. They need an average defender who makes open 3s and doesn't sag off his man to try and force turnovers the way Lin and Nash do. It's not a hard player to find, they might already have one with Beverly.

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Yes they are better than Denver and debatable on if they are better than the Clippers right now. Dwight being there alone with help the defense for everyone out there. Harden was better on d with a shotblocker like ibaka behind him. I wouldn't consider Parsons or Lin below average on d. Parsons was especially good on d his rookie year.

last season his DRTG sucked, Dwight's defensive abilities won't be maximized without solid defenders around him. Rockets won't get Ibaka and Harden wasn't much better on D in OKC.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Yes they are better than Denver and debatable on if they are better than the Clippers right now.

I'd be shocked if the Rockets were better than the Clippers this year.... Clippers have the better coach, better chemistry, deeper team, and more balanced starting lineup, tbh.... Rockets will easily be better than Denver, though, that team is in free fall....

Killakobe81
07-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Rox get Anderson great on offense mediocre on defense but of course Dwight will help improve defense. I just think Harden will be their best post player.

~O~
07-06-2013, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feO8O2X50CI

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Lin did much better in the second half of the season. His three started falling finally. Plus he gets into the paint, so that would be a lot of easy passes to Howard. He is better as a sixth man though, but is not bad as a starter. He will do just fine and I don't think the Rockets will trade him and only trade Asik. I don't see anything wrong with his d either. He gets a ton of steals too. He has good size for the position.
Lin gets steals because as djohn said he sags off his man to try and force turnovers. For every steal he gets there are probably several wide open threes he gives up. It's like when suns fans used to tell me Nash was a good defender because he was one of the league leaders in charges taken when the charges he took were gambles that left someone wide open.

Lin running pick and rolls with Dwight will produce similar results to the pick and rolls he ran with chandler. He'll have a few good games where Linsanity will be back then once teams get enough time to figure it out he'll fall apart and become a turnover machine.

Juggity
07-06-2013, 11:35 AM

:tu

GuerillaBlack
07-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Lin gets steals because as djohn said he sags off his man to try and force turnovers. For every steal he gets there are probably several wide open threes he gives up. It's like when suns fans used to tell me Nash was a good defender because he was one of the league leaders in charges taken when the charges he took were gambles that left someone wide open.

Lin running pick and rolls with Dwight will produce similar results to the pick and rolls he ran with chandler. He'll have a few good games where Linsanity will be back then once teams get enough time to figure it out he'll fall apart and become a turnover machine.

Yet he averaged less turnovers last year than with the Knicks, and that's with teams having more footage on him. Lin really does get an undeserved bad rap. He isn't as bad as people say he is.

Mori Chu
07-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Houston's roster doesn't have as many stars as LA's did last year. But:

- they are much younger
- they aren't all injured
- they don't have a ball hog like Kobe as their alpha
- they have much better depth, role players, and chemistry
- they may not even be done yet with FA moves and trades for the offseason

Honestly I think they are immediately in the top 2 or 3 teams in the West. Better than OKC, better than Warriors, better than Memphis. Up in the top tier with the Spurs and Clippers.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Houston's roster doesn't have as many stars as LA's did last year. But:

- they are much younger
- they aren't all injured
- they don't have a ball hog like Kobe as their alpha
- they have much better depth, role players, and chemistry
- they may not even be done yet with FA moves and trades for the offseason

Honestly I think they are immediately in the top 2 or 3 teams in the West. Better than OKC, better than Warriors, better than Memphis. Up in the top tier with the Spurs and Clippers.
It's exciting that the roster is still gonna have changes, just don't know who will be coming in.

fevertrees
07-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Pelicans will have a better record if the team stays healthy.

Mori Chu
07-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Pelicans will have a better record if the team stays healthy.

LOL. Nah. ELE bet on that?? I'd bet any sum, any price on such a silly assertion.

Katherine Robinson
07-06-2013, 01:44 PM
They will win more games, but as Dale says, their last game will end the same. The current Dynasty will survive and learn from their mistakes with the Spurs, come back better. Free agents looking for an easy ring will take less to wear the colors, this is the reality.

One day the Dynasty will topple, but it will be lead by a youngling ready to wear the crown and watch over the 29 other bottom feeding teams.

Ghazi
07-06-2013, 01:58 PM
2nd best team in the west imo.. Behind oklahoma city

fevertrees
07-06-2013, 02:03 PM
LOL. Nah. ELE bet on that?? I'd bet any sum, any price on such a silly assertion.

Healthy Cornerstone > Anyone on Houston.

TrainOfThought5
07-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Ok. I don't need to convince you. Like all naysayers, you must discover the havoc and destruction on your own. Good luck.

Rocketfan reminds me of myself when Cowboys got T.O. ...... i shouldve listened back then.... they should listen now.

Roxsfan
07-06-2013, 02:22 PM

Good move sir.:toast

unforeseen
07-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Spurs would offer him a max contract if they could.