PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Be Honest: Has Dwight's Game Improved At All The Past 4 Years

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:27 AM
I was largely silent because he played for us last season..but this isn't even about his numbers it's just about his basic game...has he improved at all in 4 yrs since he was in the finals being largely carried by his outside shooters in Orlando...I just don't see it...he can't even master a basic hook shot in the lane taught to him by Kareem so what makes you think he's going to learn all those patented "Hakeem" moves in Houston...he's too muscular and tight for that style of play...in Houston he will get some lobs, a few dunks, miss his free throws, and foul out...

Let us not forget Dwight almost got into a fist fight in Orlando with Jameer Nelson (google it) because Jameer didn't pass him the ball enough...he constantly complained they shot too much and didn't get him the ball in the post..He gets to LA and plays with Kobe his first time playing with another STAR, due to Nash's injuries Kobe went into PG mode for most of the season and feed Dwight in the post over and over again...and Dwight's game still looked inept...I just don't know that Dwight has it in him. He'll play better initially in Houston because he's trying to prove something but I suspect he'll fizzle shortly thereafter...and start complaining about his touches again

his game looked awful against Tim Duncan in the play-offs..and Tim showed the ultimate disrespect by simply laughing at him...as a competitor the only time you laugh at an opponent is when they slip and fall, miss a dunk, or dive into the stands...you don't laugh at people you respect....and then he took his shirt off after being ejected...

I just don't see how he's improved...The guy has people around him that aren't too bright...the sad part is they have him believing and thinking he's better than he actually is...it's bad when you don't recognize the limits of your own game...:p: roxfan

MeloHype
07-06-2013, 08:31 AM
He was the BEST BIG MAN IN THE NBA!! last offseason :lol

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Somebody's salty....

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 08:42 AM
It's gotten worse from 2011. His FT shooting has been declining every season and he hasn't improved in the post, your franchise might have dodged a bullet, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:49 AM
It's gotten worse from 2011. His FT shooting has been declining every season and he hasn't improved in the post, your franchise might have dodged a bullet, tbh.

I think we did..but barely...Kobe may have not intentionally ran him off but due to Kobe's massive ego it might have ended up saving the day...what a strange dichotomy

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Somebody's salty....

not at ALL....I just don't think you have the goods to come back at me with..because I'm right...therefore salty is an easy catch phrase

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Tbh no it hasn't. Or at least not much. What has happened is that he's gone down physically from his Superman days. Now he's merely a gigantic body with above average athletic ability when his back is not acting up. It's all downhill from here.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Tbh no it hasn't. Or at least not much. What has happened is that he's gone down physically from his Superman days. Now he's merely a gigantic body with above average athletic ability when his back is not acting up. It's all downhill from here.

excellent analysis

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 08:58 AM
excellent analysis

This is what I'm saying. I don't know why people haven't noticed. Yes, he's entering his anticipated prime, but with his former athletic style of play, lack of post skills and the fact that he will never be physically the same after injury and also is just not that young anymore, it's not going to be pretty to watch him going forward. Lakers should feel relieved overall. They will not be worse for it and probably will be significantly better tbh. And then there's that mental midgetism issue on top of that.

Lincoln
07-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Chris fucking Kaman has a better post game than Dwight

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 09:06 AM
This is what I'm saying. I don't know why people haven't noticed. Yes, he's entering his anticipated prime, but with his former athletic style of play, lack of post skills and the fact that he will never be physically the same after injury and also is just not that young anymore, it's not going to be pretty to watch him going forward. Lakers should feel relieved overall. They will not be worse for it and probably will be significantly better tbh. And then there's that mental midgetism issue on top of that.

I think we are relieved...the FO is disappointed but it was in our best interest...if we can find another 7 footer to play alongside Gasol in the post we'll be fine. Speaking of mental midget you remember this moment: Lakers-Heat game Dwight was slow to move toward a pass from Steve Nash, it led to a turnover and an easy bucket for Miami, and Nash--the "Greatest Teammate Ever"--started yelling at Dwight in the middle of a game on National TV.

T2TBz2phCgY

Calispursfan11
07-06-2013, 09:08 AM
I think we are relieved...the FO is disappointed but it was in our best interest...if we can find another 7 footer to play alongside Gasol in the post we'll be fine. Speaking of mental midget you remember this moment: Lakers-Heat game Dwight was slow to move toward a pass from Steve Nash, it led to a turnover and an easy bucket for Miami, and Nash--the "Greatest Teammate Ever"--started yelling at Dwight in the middle of a game on National TV.

T2TBz2phCgY

LOL how could anyone forget. That moment encapsulated the Season and Dwight's negative impact on this great franchise. Good riddance for you guys.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 09:12 AM
LOL how could anyone forget. That moment encapsulated the Season and Dwight's negative impact on this great franchise. Good riddance for you guys.

it was funny..instead of moving just a little to allow Nash an angle on a pass out of the trap this dumb fuck is standing in the lane with his hands straight up looking for a lob when Nash is trapped...see this is why we say the guy is a dumb ass and has no IQ...:lmao

UZER
07-06-2013, 09:36 AM
not at ALL....I just don't think you have the goods to come back at me with..because I'm right...therefore salty is an easy catch phrase

Pot, meet Kettle.

MarCowMar
07-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I say this not as a fanboi, just speaking honestly:

Splitter > Dwight

Their games are very different, yes, but the simple fact is Dwight is a cancer with a junior high level of game knowledge.

Dwight will end his career without winning a championship. You can take that to the (sperm) bank.

Rogue
07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
His game has only declined especially during the past year in LA. He's already going downhill and will be done sooner than Duncan probably.

mercos
07-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Dwight Howard's skills have not improved at all, and his physical abilities are in decline. Howard is one injury away from being useless. I thought the Lakers made a mistake in trading for him last year, and now that he has walked for nothing after giving them nothing I feel vindicated in that belief. I doubt very seriously he is going to be a guy who produces well into his 30s.

~O~
07-06-2013, 10:29 AM
-------- ----------- has been downhill since his last two seasons with the Magic. The truth is, this question shouldn't even be a discussion.

His EMOTIONS...is the cause of all this madness. He blames other instead of himself and HE WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT ITS HIS OWN FAULT. He will NEVER TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY.

I'm feeling sorry for Houston right now wasting their money and their fucking time on him. Sad shit. I would have been more happy to see him resign with the Lakers again just to see them fail miserably and waste another year on a lost cause player.

SO!

Short answer. NO and don't fucking ask this shit again.

Truth of the matter is I've been pissed with this forum lately at not seeing that -------- -------- is brainwashed tool to those around him used for the single corrupt substance of value known to man. Money. Its sad that some fans think he's MAGICALLY....gonna come to this mindset of...."Hey...you know...I shouldn't have these people having meetings to want me to stay. I shouldn't have people begging me to sign with them bribing me with $$$$ and vague futures that have yet to transpire. You know something else!? I should take accountability for my actions and stop being a fucking hypocrite Oh! Oh! oh! You know what else? Maybe I should start wearing a fucking condom so I don't go bankrupt and so these woman can't manipulate my vacuous mind. Well You know what else else? Maybe I should raise the zeal of my teammates and myself by being more passionate, more ambitious, more assertive? Not blaming everyone else for my problems but being an uplifting figure. Maybe I should be a man...instead of a child....maybe I should be.......................*Gulp*. Responsible?"

Listen.....some of you all need to stop living these DISNEY lies....that things will change...and magic can happen to you? What the fuck do you think is? This is SPORTS. Don't make me laugh. Just accept -------- ---------- to continue this trend. This isn't a fairy tail. This is real.

/End Rant......*takes pills*

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Dwight Howard's skills have not improved at all, and his physical abilities are in decline. Howard is one injury away from being useless. I thought the Lakers made a mistake in trading for him last year, and now that he has walked for nothing after giving them nothing I feel vindicated in that belief. I doubt very seriously he is going to be a guy who produces well into his 30s.

no jumper, liability at the FT line, main way of scoring = lobs, wide open dunks that he gets thanks to his quickness and speed, sounds like a really average player in his 30s given that he's not a 7-footer and is totally useless in the post right now.

Rogue
07-06-2013, 05:20 PM
I believe that the Lakers would've done much better last season had they acquired Iggy in that 4-team trade instead of drama queen tbh. they thought they were the winner but at the end of season they realized they got the shittiest end of the deal

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I believe that the Lakers would've done much better last season had they acquired Iggy in that 4-team trade instead of drama queen tbh. they thought they were the winner but at the end of season they realized they got the shittiest end of the deal

:toast

StrengthAndHonor
07-06-2013, 08:44 PM
It hasn't improved but he'll be back to his MVP form which is all you can ask from him. Rox are going to be crazy good next year.

spurraider21
07-06-2013, 09:04 PM
he's still the best center in the league if healthy, is he not? Laker fans ignoring defense per par

Budkin
07-06-2013, 09:27 PM
No, he's too busy crying to get better.

#2!
07-06-2013, 09:42 PM
If he can shut up and let Harden rack up the points while he takes care of defense and rebounding (which he's elite at) then it won't matter that his offensive game hasn't improved at all. Tbh it is a tragedy that his post game is exactly the same as it was when he was in the finals, but its the ego that's holding him back from winning. Hell if he focuses on rebounding and setting picks instead of post touches he could still average 18-20 just by cleaning up the glass and catching lobs.

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Honestly Kool...Dwight was a guy I wanted in LA since 2009. I think his growth stopped after 2010, and after the injury he just doesn't look the same. In all honesty, maybe he will look better next season and continue to improve, but he lost a ton of athleticism and I'm still a fan of his game and hope its not OVER for him. But Dwight himself said he sustained nerve damage and at the end of games cant feel his legs underneath him....nigga got that Lieutenant Dan disease and shit.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Honestly Kool...Dwight was a guy I wanted in LA since 2009. I think his growth stopped after 2010, and after the injury he just doesn't look the same. In all honesty, maybe he will look better next season and continue to improve, but he lost a ton of athleticism and I'm still a fan of his game and hope its not OVER for him. But Dwight himself said he sustained nerve damage and at the end of games cant feel his legs underneath him....nigga got that Lieutenant Dan disease and shit.

he'll look real good next year....and him dragging ass in LA will show...but no titles are in his future...in this league with no real great big men and he cannot avg 30 and 15 it's a dam shame tbh....imagine what a prime Shaq or Hakeem being in this league at this time would do...Dwight is not a great big man he's just the best of watered down league..I think Rick Smits would have kicked this dudes ass tbh

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 10:28 PM
In a word, no. But that would have been OK if he just played to his strengths. Rebound, swat, finish around the rim. That's all he needed to do to make an impact. It should have been Kobe, Pau, then Howard due to skill sets. Normally I'd say Pau should be #1 but we saw how that ended in Memphis for him (and how it ended for Howard in Orlando and LA) - both without Kobe.

Pau, for all of the Gasoft Paussy comments played his role to a tee which helped notch #15 and 16. Even though he was perennially part of trade talk, he played through it (admittedly with varying results). Howard, for some dumbass reason thinks he should get Shaq-like touches, even though his offensive skillset is slightly better than Ben Wallace or Rodman tbh.

I mean, he doesn't have one goto move outside of a running hookshot or a putback dunk. His offense is so inept that Pop got away with putting Baynes and the Red Rocket on his sorry ass en route to The Sweep! This was his chance to show the world that he could lead a team in the playoffs. And for the record, 2009 was a fluke. Hedo and the boys shot like the 2011 Mavs det year (and came back to earth the following year). He'll if KG were not hurt, he'd never see the Finals in the first place tbh.

The only thing I regret about Howard leaving is we didn't get anything in return. Hell, I regret losing Earl Clark more - believe it or not. Howard has about 3 more elite years left - especially as a monkeyballer recovering from a hurt back with no guarantee of playoff dominance as we saw against the Spurs. You'd swear it was the 1999 Spurs the way he played. it was pathetic. i mean, he couldn't even outplay a 37-year old. That's not worth $118M tbh.

Spurs9
07-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Hes incredibly overhyped

Mori Chu
07-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Dwight played hurt all of last year. Watch him bust a nut on the league next season.

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Despite losing some athleticism, both sides are correct. He is still a great defender and rebounder. He still can catch lobs and get easy putbacks and he still has the one running hook and lefty finish. His counters are subpar. He gets stripped a ton. He has limited range and his Fts has gotten worse not better. I hope for his sake he learns how hard it is to be the leader of a title team. LeBron learned that first year in Miami and cut down on the shucking and jiving ...we will see if Dwight does the same.

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Despite losing some athleticism, both sides are correct. He is still a great defender and rebounder. He still can catch lobs and get easy putbacks and he still has the one running hook and lefty finish. His counters are subpar. He gets stripped a ton. He has limited range and his Fts has gotten worse not better. I hope for his sake he learns how hard it is to be the leader of a title team. LeBron learned that first year in Miami and cut down on the shucking and jiving ...we will see if Dwight does the same.

say it with me:" Dwight ain't 2 bright" :lol

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 09:15 AM
say it with me:" Dwight ain't 2 bright" :lol

I have my doubts he has what LeBron, Kobe, Duncan had in them. But we shall see, afterall he wasn't 100% last season. He gets no excuses for this one.