PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Mecca?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Congressman: Mecca a possible retaliation target

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- A Colorado congressman told a radio show host that the U.S. could "take out" Islamic holy sites if Muslim fundamentalist terrorists attacked the country with nuclear weapons.

Rep. Tom Tancredo made his remarks Friday on WFLA-AM in Orlando, Florida. His spokesman stressed he was only speaking hypothetically.

Talk show host Pat Campbell asked the Littleton Republican how the country should respond if terrorists struck several U.S. cities with nuclear weapons.

"Well, what if you said something like -- if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites," Tancredo answered.

"You're talking about bombing Mecca," Campbell said.

"Yeah," Tancredo responded.

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

Spokesman Will Adams said Sunday the four-term congressman doesn't support threatening holy Islamic sites but that Tancredo was grappling with the hypothetical situation of a terrorist strike deadlier than the September 11, 2001, attacks.

"We have an enemy with no uniform, no state, who looks like you and me and only emerges right before an attack. How do we go after someone like that?" Adams said.

"What is near and dear to them? They're willing to sacrifice everything in this world for the next one. What is the pressure point that would deter them from their murderous impulses?" he said.

Tancredo is known in the House for his tough stand on immigration.

Mohammad Noorzai, coordinator of the Colorado Muslim Council and a native of Afghanistan, said Tancredo's remarks were radical and unrepresentative but that people in Tancredo's position need to watch their words when it comes to sacred religious sites and texts.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/18/congressman.muslims.ap/index.html

-----

Blaze's Take: I think I'll start wearing my flame-retardant suit for what's about to go down in this thread.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Holy shit. So the congressman's first idea is to counter terrorism with terrorism? Yeah, exactly the kind of person I want to place in charge. Right on!

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Moreso, that goes to prove just how much like terrorists many people in this country are.

SWC Bonfire
07-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Saber-rattling. Nothing more than a stupid comment made off the cuff. Thanks for giving OBL bulletin board material, asshole! (ditto to the asshole talk show host)

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Saber-rattling. Nothing more than a stupid comment made off the cuff. Thanks for giving OBL bulletin board material, asshole! (ditto to the asshole talk show host)

Asshole, me?

Asshole, Congressman?

SWC Bonfire
07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Asshole, me?

Asshole, Congressman?

Asshole, Congressman. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Asshole, Congressman. :lol

Just checking. I wouldn't want to degrade the quality of posts by flying off the handle and making internet threats at a misunderstood post.

I mean, what would message board posting come to if people did that?

:lol

Bandit2981
07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
So the congressman's first idea is to counter terrorism with terrorism?
What would be a better idea? Put them in therapy? You liberal communist traitorous bastard!
[\Hannity]

Jekka
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes, I can definitely see how well destroying Mecca would work to calm the Islamic extremists. Right on! I bet they'd react as benevolently as Catholics watching the Vatican burn!

clubalien
07-18-2005, 01:03 PM
suprisingly stating that we woudl bomb mecca in response to a nucklear threat could in fact cause us more likely to have one WHY?
because OBL wnats a holy war between US and muslims, he knows if he puts c nuclear bomb in say new jersey we will bomb mecca, then regular muslims will hate and attack america

whottt
07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Usama doesn't want a holy war just to have a holy war...

He wants the recreation of the Ottoman empire with himself as leader...at the very least he wants to overthrow the Saudi Family and appoint himself as leader.

He does not want a nuclear waste where Mohammed was born.

He's a megalomaniac that wants to rule the middle east...not a guy that wants to start a nuclear war...

If he ever thought something would cause a nuclear retaliation in the middle east...he wouldn't be in favor of it.

I agree that this guys comments were incredibly stupid...he pretty much made it a priority for every muslim country to have nuclear weapons to retaliate with...including Saudi Arabia.

Me personally...I'm down with nuking the living shit out of Mecca, and I'll be happy to go take a piss and a crap on the nuked remains...if one of our cities get nuked...but I wouldn't go around saying it...it won't stop them from trying to do it, and it will make those nations in the middle east, that could be a middle man between terrorists and nuclear weapons, more deterimined than ever to have to have them.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Me personally...I'm down with nuking the living shit out of Mecca, and I'll be happy to go take a piss and a crap on the nuked remains...if one of our cities get nuked...but I wouldn't go around saying it...it won't stop them from trying to do it, and it will make those nations in the middle east, that could be a middle man between terrorists and nuclear weapons, more deterimined than ever to have to have them.
What. The. Fuck.

Feel free to catagorize your feelings with those of every member of Al Queda.

whottt
07-18-2005, 01:39 PM
suprisingly stating that we woudl bomb mecca in response to a nucklear threat could in fact cause us more likely to have one WHY?
because OBL wnats a holy war between US and muslims, he knows if he puts c nuclear bomb in say new jersey we will bomb mecca, then regular muslims will hate and attack america

Um...if a US city gets nuked there will be a muslim holocaust on this soil that will make WWII attempted extermination of the jews look like a beach party.

The muslims here are dead if our cities get nuked...Mecca has nothing to do with it.

Yes it will be sad loss of freedom and a shameful day in US history...but most of us will get over it...because it beats the living hell out of getting nuked.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 01:44 PM
classic thread :tu

yeah i think bombing mecca would prove to be disasterous

Spurminator
07-18-2005, 01:44 PM
What an absolute moron.

whottt
07-18-2005, 01:46 PM
What. The. Fuck.

Feel free to catagorize your feelings with those of every member of Al Queda.

Chinese guy says China will nuke America if attacked...

Manny blames America.

American guy says America will nuke muslim symbol if attacked...

Manny blames America.

Nothing like consistency. :rolleyes

The simple fact of the matter is...that these guys killing themselves are not just pretending to be religious fanatics to trick us...they are religious fanataics and Mecca is a symbol of that religion...regardless of what it symbolized to most muslims...it has it's greatest meaning to those who have declared war on us...

Since it is an ideological war...and you don't want to get nuked...you have to destroy the symbols of the ideology to hqave the best chance of winning it...

Mecca getting nuked and Allah not doing anything to us for it will have a far greater impact than doing nothing.

So for that reason I would be in favor of it's destruction...

I could give two fucks about political correctness if one of my cities gets nuked.

But like I said earlier...I wouldn't go around saying that as a threat because it won't work and will likely exacerbate the situation.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 01:48 PM
but alot of doors will be opened if the US uses nukes on anything, regardless if they use it first or in retaliation

so far, most countries use their nukes as a deterrent, a bluff...

whottt
07-18-2005, 01:52 PM
The terrorists aren't bluffing.

Bandit2981
07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
these guys killing themselves are not just pretending to be religious fanatics to trick us
link?

Since it is an ideological war
link?

and you don't want to get nuked
link?

you have to destroy the symbols of the ideology to hqave the best chance of winning it...
link?

Mecca getting nuked and Allah not doing anything to us for it will have a far greater impact than doing nothing.
link?

I wouldn't go around saying that as a threat because it won't work and will likely exacerbate the situation.
proof?

whottt
07-18-2005, 01:55 PM
The best threats you could make to terrorists is tell them they are going to be pig feed if caught...they are genuinely terrified of them...I mean if these guys believe enough to commit suicide for that religion then they will also believe that they can't enter heaven if fouled by a Pig...

It's not that great of a threat because most of them are trying to kill themselves anyway...but it will put some doubt in their mind.

whottt
07-18-2005, 01:58 PM
link?

link?

Usama's speech citing the reasons for the war against America.

link?

LAMO you want a link on why you don't want to get nuked?

LOL..ok we'll just say it's my opinion. Dumb though it may be.

link?

Opinion.

link?

Opinion.

proof?

Opinion...

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 01:58 PM
well according to clandestino and ressurected one, all americans have to do is give 100% of all government powers to a small conservative elite, then they will sucessfully lead us to victory over the infidels...

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Instead of bombs, why not just cluster-bomb the terrorists with bacon.

The Ressurrected One
07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
World Searches For Elusive Thread Connecting Suicide Bombers
http://photos22.flickr.com/26058242_6952c48c36_m.jpghttp://photos23.flickr.com/26058241_094b3a1d3d_m.jpg
The greatest minds in counter terrorism are unable to establish even one thread of commonality between these suicide bombers. Many believe the mysterious and mystical connection may never be discovered.

Logical disconnect taxing greatest minds in counter terrorism; Norwegians to be profiled in beta program

As the world embraces London in the wake of the first recorded suicide attacks in Europe, counter terrorism experts at home and abroad are wrestling with the most frustrating of conundrums: what single thread binds these seemingly disconnected events together?

"Normally, some sort of peculiar similarities would jump right out at you," said one unnamed source at the Pentagon. "But for the life of us, these people have so skillfully erased the identifying red flags one would look for, we have no idea where to even begin looking for the next squad of killers."

Many believe that the attacks; Sept 11th, the Pentagon, London, Madrid, etc., are all the work of individualists, whom many in the American administration would pigeonhole for political gain.

"It's very convenient to start playing fast and loose with aesthetics," said one representative with Amnesty International. "Just because a mosque full of Arabs in Topeka was throwing ticker-tape when the towers came down--does not give you the right to start inductively creating your own homeland security dossier."

The representative also said that homeland security efforts would be better spent investigating Norwegians.

"There is a program in beta testing right now," said the source. "Counter terrorist organizations now have the required impunity when dealing with those of scrubbed, alabaster countenance. There's no place to hide, now."

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 02:09 PM
So the best way to fight the few thousand terrorists out there is to turn all 1.2 billion Muslims against us.

Spurminator
07-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey, don't knock a World Holy War until you've tried it...

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Nuking an ally would be a novel approach if nothing else.

whottt
07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
So the best way to fight the few thousand terrorists out there is to turn all 1.2 billion Muslims against us.

What's your solution?

Sit here and get nuked?

No thanks...

I like the idea of 1.2 billion dead muslims better than I do 1 dead whottt...'

But I don't expect 1.2 billion muslims will turn against us, they'll either get over it or they won't...in the event they won't...may the most advanced culture win.

Feel free to go to Mecca and protest in the event we do it. My idea is to announce it before hand so all the people that feel it's worth dying over can go there and........die.....that'll pretty much get rid of them...

And then we will build a nice memorial to Allah where Mecca used to be.

I'll be happy to buy your ticket...and we'll remember you.

Spurminator
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
How does nuking Mecca prevent us from getting nuked? Do all terrorists live in Mecca?

It's not the Death Star.

whottt
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Nuking an ally would be a novel approach if nothing else.

I bet if I do a search in this forum I can find you and every other dumbass asking why we didn't invade Saudi Arabia...

I guess some people are never happy.

And I hope you don't drive a car or use any pretroleum based products of any kind...if you do you are a hypocrite.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 02:35 PM
How does nuking Mecca prevent us from getting nuked? Do all terrorists live in Mecca?

It's not the Death Star.

they think by destroying the holiest place in the muslim religion that it will make the muslims back off and stop fucking with us

LOL if it were only as easy as destroying the death star was

whottt
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM

It's not the Death Star.

There will still be Medina...

Us getting nuked once by an Islamic terrorist will prevent it from ever happening again...#1. Because pretty much every muslim in America will be killed.

Then we just nuke everyone that's got a problem with it...The Idnonesians annoy the living shit out of me...I hope they'll get it first.

What's your solution? Be nice to them?

LMAO...and you think I am foolish...

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Chinese guy says China will nuke America if attacked...

Manny blames America.

I blame America for what a Chinese guy says?

American guy says America will nuke muslim symbol if attacked...

Manny blames America.

When did I blame America?

Nothing like consistency. :rolleyes

Yeah, you're full of shit on both counts. Thats consistent

The simple fact of the matter is...that these guys killing themselves are not just pretending to be religious fanatics to trick us...they are religious fanataics and Mecca is a symbol of that religion...regardless of what it symbolized to most muslims...it has it's greatest meaning to those who have declared war on us...

Since it is an ideological war...and you don't want to get nuked...you have to destroy the symbols of the ideology to hqave the best chance of winning it...

So for that reason I would be in favor of it's destruction...

I could give two fucks about political correctness if one of my cities gets nuked.

But like I said earlier...I wouldn't go around saying that as a threat because it won't work and will likely exacerbate the situation.
Your logic is FUCKED. You're advocating the killing of innocent people because of something a seperate group has done.

Guess what, genius. Thats the same thing Bin Laden does. The exact same fucking thing.

I'm so sick and tired of you and the people like you falling back on the blame America bullshit. I don't America, I blame the actions of a few idiots who can't see past their finger pointing to the mirror which displays the exact same person they are pointing the finger at.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 02:38 PM
its fucked up to think about muslims living in america being systematically killed off, but if we were nuked, that definitely could happen

MannyIsGod
:lmao My signature never felt so damn appropriate.

ChumpDumper
What's your solution? Not nuking an ally.
Sit here and get nuked?How exactly would that stop them from nuking us?
I like the idea of 1.2 billion dead muslims better than I do 1 dead whottt...I would have to think about that one.
But I don't expect 1.2 billion muslims will turn against usI do. These guys throw a rod when pee may have dripped on their holy book.
Feel free to go to Mecca and protest in the event we do it.Feel free to tell this plan to all your Muslim friends.
My idea is to announce it before hand so all the people that feel it's worth dying over can go there and........die.....that'll pretty much get rid of them...It's a shitty plan and will pretty much guarantee many more American deaths, something I know you are all for.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 02:39 PM
:lmao My signature never felt so damn appropriate.

:lol my thoughts too

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Whottt, I know you grab onto the side of an arguement and refuse to let go out of sheer pride half the time, but if you can't see how what you are advocating is terrorism (nuclear weapons by defenition are weapons of terrorism) then you are dumber than I had ever though.

I've given you credit in the past for understanding the middle east better than most, but if you think that a nuclear bomb going off at Mecca is something that woudln't bring the entire world against us much less the muslim world, then you are idiotic.

Especially when one member of the nuclear club is a muslim nation and the largest muslim nation of all is right around the corner from the club.

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 02:43 PM
I bet if I do a search in this forum I can find you and every other dumbass asking why we didn't invade Saudi Arabia...Rhetorically perhaps, but that just points out how flawed the Iraq war was as an antiterror measure.
And I hope you don't drive a car or use any pretroleum based products of any kind...if you do you are a hypocrite.Not really, I would've been happier had we just said we're in Iraq to secure a source of oil. That would've been honest.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Mecca (Arabic: Makkah), the birthplace of Muhammad, is the holiest city of the Islamic faith. Capital of the Hejaz province of Saudi Arabia, Mecca is located 72 km (45 mi) east of Jidda, its port on the Red Sea, and about 485 km (300 mi) south of Medina. Mecca's population is 367,000 (1976 est.). The city is located on the sandy, narrow valley of the Wadi Ibrahim and is surrounded by hills from 60 to 150 m (200 to 500 ft) high. The 914-m-high (3,000-ft) Jabal Khandama is located nearby.

How many of those people are innocent?

whottt
07-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Your logic is FUCKED. You're advocating the killing of innocent people because of something a seperate group has done

No I am not...I said we'd announce...then every body can move their little asses on out of Mecca if they want...and the fanatics can stay there and go meet Allah.

Guess what, genius. Thats the same thing Bin Laden does. The exact same fucking thing.

No it's not...

#1. It would be retalitatory.

#2. Bin Laden's first and foremost tries to target civillians and elicit political change by causing fear in a population.

My methodology is destroying a religious sybol that is important to an already apocolyptic ideology that has declared war on us.

It's not the same...

At the same time...

Even if it is...sue me.

I'm so sick and tired of you and the people like you falling back on the blame America bullshit. I don't America, I blame the actions of a few idiots who can't see past their finger pointing to the mirror which displays the exact same person they are pointing the finger at.

You seem to be sympathetic to those that deliberately target children and civillians...deliberately...

You seem to think that they can be reasoned with and that an individual who will kill himself simply to kill millions of innocent people, is someone who can be reasoned with....

Whether it is intentional or not you definitely are...maybe you can't see the difference and that's why it seems that way...or maybe you are just naieve and think there is some kind of altrusim in their desire to enslave the entire middle east under a primitive ideology...

Either way...right now there is a difference...whether or not this battle can be won without that changing...I don't know.

But if it takes terrorism to beat them then so be it. Winning is the important thing.

whottt
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Not really, I would've been happier had we just said we're in Iraq to secure a source of oil. That would've been honest.

The only in Iraq was already secured before we went there...and it was discounted as well.

The Ressurrected One
07-18-2005, 02:53 PM

It's not the Death Star.
During "haj," I bet there'd be a lot of those pricks there...

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 02:55 PM
The only in Iraq was already secured before we went there...and it was discounted as well.Are you talking about oil?

Was it all going to the US?

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah, whottt is officialy now grouped with Clandestino and TRO.

I think thats about as constructive as this thread is going to get.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Oh, and the next time you're able to provide a link to somwhere I said you could negotiate with terrorists - or reason with them - will be the first time.

Good luck with that.

Bandit2981
07-18-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Whottt, I know you grab onto the side of an arguement and refuse to let go out of sheer pride half the time, but if you can't see how what you are advocating is terrorism (nuclear weapons by defenition are weapons of terrorism) then you are dumber than I had ever though.

I advocate not sitting here and trying to reason with a bunch of lunatics while our cities get nuked.

If we are attacked with a nuclear bomb I think it is fair means of retaliation...

If they don't fix their religion...we will.

I've given you credit in the past for understanding the middle east better than most, but if you think that a nuclear bomb going off at Mecca is something that woudln't bring the entire world against us much less the muslim world, then you are idiotic.

Well fuck them...they won't be the ones getting their cities nuked...I could care less if they got a problem with it...let's see how they react if one of their cities gets nuked.

Especially when one member of the nuclear club is a muslim nation and the largest muslim nation of all is right around the corner from the club.

LMAO...the Idnians just want an excuse to use theirs...

You are wrong...I think there would be a collective sigh of relief from the Western World if this fanaticism was to go into the annals of extinction where it belongs.

Look...nature is a real bitch...but it's the master of us all...

Civilizations and Cultures fail because they refuse to adapt...

In a war with Muslims, specifially the mideast the would lose, they would lose badly, they would be wiped off the face of the planet from every corner of this globe...the reason they are helpless is because their culture is failing...

In this era...it is possible for few individuals to cause a massive loss of life...an apocolyptic ideology in this era is dangerous...

We don't have to put up with it...it's up to them to adapt to the modern world...it's up to them to evolve...if it become a choice of us or them...I say let the culture/organisms most qualified to survive, survive...like they have been doing for billions of years...

Either they adapt to the modern and civilized world or else they leave the victim of the very fate they would resign us to...I am not big on the playing the victim...

To not react that way and defend ourselves...even if it means their extinction...would mean our culture has failed and we deserve to be extinct. That's not going to happen Manny.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:09 PM
:lol Adapt to the modern world or we will nuke you!

You make the point that people like you are no better than the terrorists so much better than I ever could.

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Are you talking about oil?

Was it all going to the US? You are ignorant of the way Oil is bought and sold...

Look it up..figure it out...then shut up.

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
To not react that way and defend ourselves...even if it means their extinction...would mean our culture has failed and we deserve to be extinct. That's not going to happen Manny.If we nuke North Korea, China and every Muslim country as you have proposed in the last few months, we may make ourselves extinct yet.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:11 PM
But Whottt, seriously. I see you working and I understand. I mean, whats not to understand? We nuke people that aren't responsible for the act that we are retaliating for, and the people who's ideology we piss on will surely fall in line.

You can't reason with them, so nuke them into submission!

Right fucking on!

America, FUCK YEAH!

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:12 PM
There was once a mustache having man that wanted to make a whole group of people extinct. Whottt must hold him and his ideals in high regard.

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:13 PM
:lol Adapt to the modern world or we will nuke you!

You make the point that people like you are no better than the terrorists so much better than I ever could.

No...you just don't get the difference...

You think an attack on the World Trade Center is equal to a civillian death in an attempt to take out a military target...

You think deliberately targeting children is equal to civillians being killed because soldiers are hiding behind them...

You just don't get the differences...but they are there.

But honestly...if nukes start flying?

America my home Fuck Yeah. I'll feel guilty about it...but I'll get over it.

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:14 PM
There was once a mustache having man that wanted to make a whole group of people extinct. Whottt must hold him and his ideals in high regard.

I don't want to make them extinct...I just find that a better choice than getting nuked. If that's the choice it's an easy one to make for me...

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 03:14 PM
You are ignorant of the way Oil is bought and sold...

Look it up..figure it out...then shut up.No, I asked you.

Was it all going to the US before the invasion?

Yes or no?

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't want to make them extinct...I just find that a better choice than getting nuked. If that's the choice it's an easy one to make for me...But how exactly does that deter another attack from terrorists who aren't anywhere near Mecca?

And what do you do when that doesn't work?

Hard act to follow.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:16 PM
No...you just don't get the difference...

You think an attack on the World Trade Center is equal to a civillian death in an attempt to take out a military target...

Really? When did I make that equation? LINK?

You think deliberately targeting children is equal to civillians being killed because soldiers are hiding behind them...

LINK?

You just don't get the differences...but they are there.

But honestly...if nukes start flying?

America my home Fuck Yeah. I'll feel guilty about it...but I'll get over it.
And I'm sure the rest of the Muslims would feel the same way. Once again, your logic is fucked.

Vashner
07-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Drop some porn on them... and some Jonathon Hair Products for the ladies hahahahahaha

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't want to make them extinct...I just find that a better choice than getting nuked. If that's the choice it's an easy one to make for me...
Right right. But you said in retaliation, buddy. So how exactly is a retaliation nuking of Mecca going to prevent further nukes form going off in the US?

Vashner
07-18-2005, 03:19 PM
It's not like Japan where they had command and control to surrender.
What is Saudi going to do Surrender? then what?... they just a bunch of royals sitting around doing coke on private 747's they don't give a fuck.

SWC Bonfire
07-18-2005, 03:22 PM
If a nuclear weapon is discharged in a major US city, all bets are off. The rules of engagement will change in a heartbeat.

I think it could possibly be a scenario for widescale nuclear deployment, depending on what happens in the aftermath. You have to realize that if something of that nature occurred, what is completely unreasonable and unforgivable today becomes an appropriate response tomorrow.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:27 PM
WHY?

If you get attacked, shouldn't you attack those who attacked you?

Vashner
07-18-2005, 03:27 PM
We have plenty of non nuke toys still not used. MOAB's, diasy cutters. B52's on Diego that can carpet bomb with GPS now. Plenty of artillery...

You can't use a nuke without some plan or reason. In WWII they where able to give the president a good plan to help end the war and fighting quickly. There is no way 2 well placed nukes would end the war with Radical Islam.

Radical Islam is EVERYWHERE... Rising sun was limited to a theater and water locked (after there navy was destroyed). Islam is like herpes it's spreads fast. They are working the hardest in South America right now.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:28 PM
My governments job is not to extract revenge, it is to make sure I am safe. If you can give me a scenario where nuking someone else after a terrorist nuclear device goes off here helps me become safer, I'll listen to it.

Feel free to come forth with your scenairos.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Setting off a nuclear device anywhere in the Mid East gets us nowhere but backwards. It increases the hatred on the West and gives Muslim extremists all the tools they need for recruitment.

In fact, if we were to do anything like nuke Mecca, the people would go to the extremists in DROVES.

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
But Whottt, seriously. I see you working and I understand. I mean, whats not to understand? We nuke people that aren't responsible for the act that we are retaliating for, and the people who's ideology we piss on will surely fall in line.

Hey...I said give them warning. And no...I don't mean some kind of vague threat...

This gets the dumbasses there to get nuked and the ones that don't can live on.

You can't reason with them, so nuke them into submission!

Japan. And it's what they are going to try to do to us...

Right fucking on!

America, FUCK YEAH!

Allah, FUCK YEAH

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:35 PM
If we nuke North Korea, China and every Muslim country as you have proposed in the last few months, we may make ourselves extinct yet.

Who said anything about North Korea?

North Korea is an atheist country, and so is China...they won't care if we nuke Mecca.

China's got muslim problems too...pretty much any place that has muslims...has muslim problems...shitheads wanting Islamic states and killing children when they don't get it...shit like that.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh, give them a warning. So the terrorists could actually LEAVE and we'd accomplish even less.

How exactly does this prevent future attacks and make us safer?

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Who said anything about North Korea?

North Korea is an atheist country, and so is China...they won't care if we nuke Mecca.

China's got muslim problems too...pretty much any place that has muslims...has muslim problems...shitheads wanting Islamic states and killing children when they don't get it...shit like that.
If you dont' think the use of nuclear weapons by the United States for a third time woudln't begin a world wide arms race you are an absolute idiot. Well, you are an absolute idiot.

If the United States uses nuclear weapons countries around the world - including some of our "allies" - will believe (and perhaps rightfully so) that the only way to protect themselves from the United States would be to have more nuclear weapons. It'd be the Cold War on a whole new global level.

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM

Um...when did the Jews go around blowing up buildings and trying to nuke German cities prior to WWII?

Again...your failure to see the difference doesn't mean there isn't one.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:40 PM
When do the majority of Muslims go around blowing up buildings? How many terrorits are there in Mecca (or better yet how many will be there after you warn them and they leave?)?

Do you actually think that you can destroy a movement by destroying a religous city? Are you that fucking stupid? I've seen you argue idiocy before, but this takes the fucking cake.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
The next post you respond with an answer explaining how nuking Mecca would make us safer will be the first one. Keep ignoring the most pertinent question of the thread, however.

Bandit2981
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh, give them a warning. So the terrorists could actually LEAVE and we'd accomplish even less.
good one. :lol

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
No, I asked you.

Was it all going to the US before the invasion?

Yes or no?

And what makes you think it's going to "all" be going to the US after the Invasion?

What makes you think any of it is?

America gets more Oil from the rest of the World than they do from the MidEast.

And what makes you think it's going to be discounted? Oil is a globally traded commodity...it's not going to be any cheaper for us than it is anyone else(unlike the Oil in the OFF program)...and Oil prices are determined by a lot of factors other than availability of Oil.

Fuck...Every conservative and non dumbass in the world is going to be pissed at me for giving away the joke now....

Sorry guys.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Again...your failure to see the difference doesn't mean there isn't one.
Again, your failure to note the simillarities in innocent muslims being nuked and innocent jews placed in camps doesn't mean they aren't there.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh, and I'm still waiting for the links from above.

SWC Bonfire
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Again, your failure to note the simillarities in innocent muslims being nuked and innocent jews placed in camps doesn't mean they aren't there.

Don't forget the firebombings of Dresden & Tokyo... innocent civilians lost their lives in those attacks based solely on breaking the spirits of those in the targeted areas. Coordinated nuclear attacks on a number of US cities would bring total war to muslim extremists and the unfortunates who are in the way.

whottt
07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
But how exactly does that deter another attack from terrorists who aren't anywhere near Mecca?

It'll give them one less place to pray too...and it'll confuse them at prayer time...

And what do you do when that doesn't work?

Nuke something else.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Nuke the Whales.
"gotta nuke somethin'"
--Nelson

Jekka
07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
It'll give them one less place to pray too...and it'll confuse them at prayer time...

That's so fucking wrong - it's a horrible sarcastic comment to make in the first place, but considering the context, you need to take a fucking step back and look at what you're saying in the name of personal pride.

mecca
07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
hey, hey, hey. lets all calm down and talk this out.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 04:03 PM
http://egalwaat.lu/pics/wh_nuke.jpg

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Right right. But you said in retaliation, buddy. So how exactly is a retaliation nuking of Mecca going to prevent further nukes form going off in the US?

Massacering all the muslims within US soil will take care of that...at least on a temporary basis...

And no, I am not advocating that...I am just saying that is what will happen...I'd prefer deportation...but a muslim holocaust is what will happen.

Nuking Mecca attacks the fascist ideology of Islam, it is symbolic blow to the religion...

And furthermore..it sends a message to every government that sponsors their cute little anti American Mullah and terrorist camps...that if we go down? They are going down with us. This will have little effect on the terrorists themselves..but the leaders that create them...you know, the guys that aren't killing themselves but encouraging other to do so...they'll get the message.

Besides...I think it would also be a good illustration on the dangers of Nuclear Weapons and possibly curb their enthusiasm for attaining them...

That ole reactor meltdown in Russia sure cured their love of the fucking bomb didn't it?

Spurminator
07-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I have a better proposal. We set up a bunker deep beneath the planet's surface, which will be habitated by me, my wife, and all of the nominees of Maxim's most recent "100 Most Beautiful" list, nuke the planet and start over.

Done.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Don't forget the firebombings of Dresden & Tokyo... innocent civilians lost their lives in those attacks based solely on breaking the spirits of those in the targeted areas. Coordinated nuclear attacks on a number of US cities would bring total war to muslim extremists and the unfortunates who are in the way.
Oh, I see. So when it comes to tatics to win a war, this is like a war against a country. But when it comes to treatment of POW's, it's not?

No, the nuclear destruction of Mecca would only make it even more of an uphill battle. You aren't going to win this war with bullets.

"They hate freedom! Nuke their shrines!"

Hey Whottt, the Taliban tried the same shit you did. Didn't work.

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
When do the majority of Muslims go around blowing up buildings? How many terrorits are there in Mecca (or better yet how many will be there after you warn them and they leave?)?

The ones willing to kill themselves won't leave...they'll consider it a holy death. And in fact...many of the ones willing to kill themselves will probably go there to die.

Do you actually think that you can destroy a movement by destroying a religous city? Are you that fucking stupid? I've seen you argue idiocy before, but this takes the fucking cake.

Um...I hate to tell you this...but Islam wasn't always the major religion in the middle east...

How do you think it became so?

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Massacering all the muslims within US soil will take care of that...at least on a temporary basis...

And no, I am not advocating that...I am just saying that is what will happen...I'd prefer deportation...but a muslim holocaust is what will happen.

Nuking Mecca attacks the fascist ideology of Islam, it is symbolic blow to the religion...

And furthermore..it sends a message to every government that sponsors their cute little anti American Mullah and terrorist camps...that if we go down? They are going down with us. This will have little effect on the terrorists themselves..but the leaders that create them...you know, the guys that aren't killing themselves but encouraging other to do so...they'll get the message.

Besides...I think it would also be a good illustration on the dangers of Nuclear Weapons and possibly curb their enthusiasm for attaining them...

That ole reactor meltdown in Russia sure cured their love of the fucking bomb didn't it?
:lmao

You're a an absolute fucking moron. But hey, I've been trying to reason with you so that doesn't make me all that much smarter I guess.

And yeah, I remember the day the Russians gave up their nuclear weapons. We had a big party and I think thats the day Mookie's Tahoe broke down and he used OnStar to phone in his vote for George Bush and everything else he said in that one post.

It's great, you tell me you can't reason with terrorists but you somehow think that will change with nuclear weapons. Right.

In all honesty, people like Whottt scare the fuck out of me. They are all over the place, and their mentality is lunacy.

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
That's so fucking wrong - it's a horrible sarcastic comment to make in the first place, but considering the context, you need to take a fucking step back and look at what you're saying in the name of personal pride.

It's not as horrible as the idea of them nuking a city...

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:10 PM
http://egalwaat.lu/pics/wh_nuke.jpg

Why nuke the whales? They never murdered children to achieve political goals...

And besides, I'm an environmentalist(I am not kidding) and that idea offends me.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
It's not as horrible as the idea of them nuking a city...
He started it....

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:12 PM
I have a better proposal. We set up a bunker deep beneath the planet's surface, which will be habitated by me, my wife, and all of the nominees of Maxim's most recent "100 Most Beautiful" list, nuke the planet and start over.

Done.
Maybe Whottt wishing nuclear war upon the planet is due to his hope of ending up in a post apocolyptic homosexual lovefest with Shane Heal?

whottt

In all honesty, people like Whottt scare the fuck out of me. They are all over the place, and their mentality is lunacy.

Look manny I've got no problem with people hating America and wanting to see it destroyed...as long as they do it by the rules...
Peacefully.

Like you Chump and tons of other Americans are trying to do...

My problem is with the targeting and bombing civillians shit...

MannyIsGod
Why nuke the whales? They never murdered children to achieve political goals...

And besides, I'm an environmentalist(I am not kidding) and that idea offends me.

You're right. I forgot how Mecca was the filled with terrorists. 300 some odd thousand of them.

Duff McCartney
07-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't quite see how it's retaliation when you kill a bunch of innocent people.

Whottt I think it's safe to say you're a huge fucking moron.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Look many I've got no problem with people hating America and wanting to see it destroyed...as long as they do it by the rules...
Peacefully.

Like you Chump and tons of other Americans are trying to do...

My problem is with the targeting and bombing civillians shit...
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Maybe Whottt wishing nuclear war upon the planet is due to his hope of ending up in a post apocolyptic homosexual lovefest with Shane Heal?

I don't wish an apocalyptic war on the planet...I am trying to prevent that...

You think all these other countries are going to nuke us to save Mecca...you are crazy...

If North Korea nukes Bejeing you think we are going to nuke China if the retaliate?

You think anyone is?

Nope...we'll sit back and watch and tell them to not to use too many bombs.

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Besides...a good nuclear winter will shut everyone the fuck up about global warming...and that way we can drive somewhere without feeling guilty about it.

You people need to learn to look at the positives.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:18 PM
North Korea of course being a country, Al Queda being a group. What was it you said Whottt? About just because you don't see the difference doesn't mean its not there? Something like that, right?

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:19 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

We won't be targeting civillians...we'll be targeting a religious symbol of some dickheads. There's a difference.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Your right. I'm sure everyone effected by the blast of a nuclear weapon will be a terrorist who will be heartbroken because you destroyed Mecca. Saudi Arabia will probably send George Bush a Hallmark ECard thanking him. Hell, they might even start celebrating the fourth of July.

Maybe the United States can blow up few Hindu Temples, Nuke Jeruselum, and carpet bomb the Vatican all in one day!

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
In fact, I think that nuking Mecca is such a great way to end the war on terror and beat terrorists that we should just do it now! Why wait for our own people to die? Lets do it now and stop this thing!

I mean think of all the benefits. No more long searches before you get on a plane. No more bad movies with George Clooney fighting off terrorists. No more Michael Moore movies. No more Susan Surranden and Tim Robins led Actors Against America events. In fact, I think with all the spare time Americans will have, you will probably see a large increase in sports such as Wrestling and a large enrollment in "Being A Great Mascot 101.

Good times!

clubalien
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
our forien policy is "nuke and retreat" We nuke the bitches and then we move to a new planet, to bad no one inform the policy makers is we cannot go to another planet

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 04:32 PM
stopped militant japanese. and those guys had comikazes (s/p)

yeah, like the US has the guts to do that.

hitler, and stalin would have done it WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

i think it would pose a strong deterent to at least let them know a nuke is pointed in that directions.

Dude thats what we've been doing with our nukes since the last time we actually used them....

clubalien
07-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I know what if we all became muslims and replaced our government with a mula, that will show the terroreists

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:38 PM
North Korea of course being a country, Al Queda being a group. What was it you said Whottt? About just because you don't see the difference doesn't mean its not there? Something like that, right?

Come up with a better solution...

clubalien
07-18-2005, 04:40 PM
man you underestimate our science knowledge we need to find a "muslim", "arab", "terroerist" gene and then just release a bio weapon
were all about targeted killing

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 04:42 PM
man you underestimate our science knowledge we need to find a "muslim", "arab", "terroerist" gene and then just release a bio weapon
were all about targeted killing

lol

MannyIsGod
07-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, those Muslim genes need to be found!

whottt
07-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Manny, Chump etc...

If we shouldn't bomb Mecca because of the acts of a small group of terrorists...

Why then should we let them dictacte our foreign policy...(IE get out of Iraq, and the middle East)...if it's only a small group of people?

ChumpDumper
07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
If we shouldn't bomb Mecca because of the acts of a small group of terrorists...

Why then should we let them dictacte our foreign policy...(IE get out of Iraq, and the middle East)...if it's only a small group of people?I think we are in Iraq for wholly different reasons, and besides -- it's our mess to clean up. We're going to have to be there for many years, or it's going to degenerate into civil war rather quickly. I never said pull out of Iraq now that we are there -- I said it wasn't a great idea to go in the first place BEACAUSE we would have to be there so long.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Manny, Chump etc...

Why then should we let them dictacte our foreign policy...(IE get out of Iraq, and the middle East)...if it's only a small group of people?

i would say mindless voters like destino have more influence on our foreign policy than al-qaeda

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 04:57 PM
I think we are in Iraq for wholly different reasons, and besides -- it's our mess to clean up. We're going to have to be there for many years, or it's going to degenerate into civil war rather quickly. I never said pull out of Iraq now that we are there -- I said it wasn't a great idea to go in the first place BEACAUSE we would have to be there so long.

you and every other rational american

Extra Stout
07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
The detonation of a nuclear weapon on U.S. soil with massive casualties would change the rules of engagement radically. We would enter a mode of self-preservation. The killing of innocents becomes more acceptable under that scenario. Civil rights go out the door. It would be total war.

The exact scope of that war would depend upon who hit us, and how. Suitcase or ICBM?

I do say that if we cannot come up with an effective means of discriminating between innocent Muslims and terrorist extremists, and cannot devise an effective way of thwarting future attacks, be it through increased security or changing the culture over there, such that we remain vulnerable to getting murdered millions at a time, then ultimately we would have to start slaughtering Muslims around the world indiscriminately until there just aren't enough left to hurt us in a meaningful way. The blood would flow to the height of a horse's shoulder. But that is the absolute worst-case scenario, and more or less is Armageddon. (Seeing it all from heaven, Jesus might just come down with his heavenly host and put a stop to it himself.) We would never again be "America" if we had to do that. Our ideals and values would be gone and it would represent the worst possible defeat short of annihilation. The world's environment would be devastated in such a war. Things would never be the same ever again, and we would never return to the kind of prosperity and happiness we have enjoyed during this era. But it still would be the preferrable alternative to our own eradication.

I'm not sure there would ever be a strategic benefit to dropping a nuclear bomb on Mecca as a first retaliation. If you do that, you're committing to have to kill all 1.2 billion Muslims anyway.

Mr. Ash
07-18-2005, 05:50 PM
You know, I was wondering how y'all got 100 messages into this without some Jesus smack talk.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2005, 11:35 PM
DEFCON 1 Maximum force readiness.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't rioting by then.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2005, 11:49 PM
If we ever see that unfortunate day when a nuke goes off in a US city...

Anywhere we suspect there to be Al Qaeda/AQ affiliate organizations in numbers will be nuked shortly thereafter.

The Pakistan/Afghanistan border. Much of northern Africa. Parts of deep East Asia. I suspect that Syria and Iran would be holes in the earth too.

The Saudis would probably be given an ultimatem - all the bad guys they know of in 24 hours, or else they get the Tehran treatment.

Probably similar ultimatums in every country where we have somewhat friendly relations but know that the governments are letting AQ types hang out (places like Yemen).

It'd be a mess, is what it'd be.

MannyIsGod
07-19-2005, 01:15 AM
I agree with your scenario, with the exception of wide spread nuclear use. There simply isn't a use for them to do something tactical weapons could do. Then again, Bush or a president like him might want to use them for their most effect purpose: psychological warfare. It is debatable how effective that would be to people who blow themselves up on busses, but I don't see our current leadership as the most rash people.

However, doing that and nuking Mecca are 2 vastly different scenarios.

Vashner
07-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Nothing is gonna get this done but Boots and M16's on the ground.. .with lots of backup. Ok nuke the fuck out of Somalia.. they don't even have a govt or UN rep so..
But the rest is off limits.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Whoops, backup...

-----

Congressman Says He Doesn't Advocate Bombing Mecca

POSTED: 9:36 pm EDT July 18, 2005
UPDATED: 9:40 pm EDT July 18, 2005

DENVER -- Colorado U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo said he was talking about deterrence when he raised the possibility of bombing Mecca if Muslim terrorists set off nuclear weapons in American cities.

On a Florida radio show Friday, Tancredo was asked what the response should be to a nuclear attack on U.S. cities. He answered that if fundamentalist Muslims were to blame, "you could take out their holy sites." When he was asked if he meant bombing Mecca, the congressman said, "Yeah."

But in a statement issued Sunday, Tancredo said he was talking about a making a threat that might deter such an attack, insisting: "I do not advocate this."

The Council on American-Islamic Relations has asked to meet with the congressman and is urging the Republican Party to repudiate his remarks.

http://www.local10.com/news/4739592/detail.html

MannyIsGod
07-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Let me be the first to say: Bullshit