PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Will the Lakers amnesty Kobe?

tlongII
07-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Would it matter now that Dwight is gone? If they had amnestied him earlier they may have been able to sign Dwight.

TheMACHINE
07-06-2013, 12:41 PM
rather have a kobe with one leg for a year then mental midget dwight for 5.

Fabbs
07-06-2013, 12:41 PM
cash cow.
central to the WWE Lakers marketing machine.
milkable for two, maybe three more years.

Killakobe81
07-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Glad Dwight is gone just wish we got something back, Kobe should ask for amnesty but he won't so we won't do it.

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 02:58 PM
No amnesty. Kobe gets to take 30 shots a game without anyone criticizing him, it might be his farewell tour and he'll make sure to score as much as possible.

Will probably average 30 ppg on 43% shooting since someone has to take shots in the MDA offense, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Laker fans wouldn't mind watching Kobe shoot 30 times a game on a shitty team, they just want to see him break records, tbh..

Laker management would be stupid to amnesty him..they'll lose revenue/popularity, in addition to alienating their fanbase..Lakers have no chance at winning a title for the next 3-4 years, at least, might as well keep Kobe, stay on good terms with him and their fans..

Mel_13
07-06-2013, 03:01 PM
No way Kobe sits out a year and no way that Kobe plays for any team but the Lakers.

So, no amnesty.

This year's story arc will include the miraculous return from serious injury as he moves up the all-time scoring list. The team will, of course, remain irrelevant bit players in the Kobe Show.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Nah, Kirby stays, makes his $30 mil this year and then moves on to his fat new extension, making $40 mil a year for the following 3-4 years.... meanwhile, the bricks continue to pile up, tbh....

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 03:02 PM
No way Kobe sits out a year and no way that Kobe plays for any team but the Lakers.

So, no amnesty.

This year's story arc will include the miraculous return from serious injury as he moves up the all-time scoring list. The team will, of course, remain irrelevant bit players in the Kobe Show.

Who cares about winning when Kobe can jack up 40 shots to have another 60 point game!

Sportcamper
07-06-2013, 03:52 PM
I can't even think about next season...I am still in disbelief that Pop threw the NBA Finals...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1203775/thumbs/s-TIM-DUNCAN-SAD-large.jpg?6

Memo to Pop…The game is about the players not the coach…

UZER
07-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I can't even think about next season...I am still in disbelief that Pop threw the NBA Finals...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1203775/thumbs/s-TIM-DUNCAN-SAD-large.jpg?6

Memo to Pop…The game is about the players not the coach…

I CAN think about next season, but I also am still in disbelief that Pop threw the NBA Finals.

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 03:54 PM
:lol Bowie instead of MJ
:lol Oden instead of KD

Rogue
07-06-2013, 06:08 PM
It'd be an insult to players like Kobe to get amnestied tbh.

LarryDavid
07-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Kobe isn't getting amnestied. Moot discussion.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Kobe is a legend, and is obviously still one of thebest players in the league.

UZER
07-06-2013, 07:10 PM
If he were amnestied, the first thing he would do is unfollow the Lakers on twitter. That'll show 'em.

spurraider21
07-06-2013, 07:33 PM
If he were amnestied, the first thing he would do is unfollow the Lakers on twitter. That'll show 'em.

:lmao

if kobe is as driven to win as Laker fans think, he'll use Jedi Mind tricks on mitch to get himself amnestied so miami or san antonio will claim him as he wins a ring from the IR

jeebus
07-06-2013, 07:34 PM
#amnestyTHAT

StrengthAndHonor
07-06-2013, 07:39 PM
He makes the Lakers too much money to be amnestied. If they have to amnesty a Laker, Gasol is your guy.

whitemamba
07-06-2013, 08:46 PM
He makes the Lakers too much money to be amnestied. If they have to amnesty a Laker, Gasol is your guy.

goods. we need to see how gasol is after a full recovery with his knee bull shit though.

Rogue
07-06-2013, 10:31 PM
tbh amnestying Kobe would feel like performing euthanasia on your old sick grandma. It probably means a financial relief but there would be too much remorse and penitence for you to bear morally. your grandparents ain't billionaires but they were still the reason why you exist. Although you can say that the Lakers would've achieved even greater successes had they got someone else with a smaller ego in kobe's place, no one will nullify what Kobe has done on behalf of this team, he's a player that you have to respect no matter you like him or not.

unforeseen
07-06-2013, 10:42 PM
:lol Bowie instead of MJ
:lol Oden instead of KD

This.
Forever shit stains in Blazer history.

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 08:50 AM
tbh amnestying Kobe would feel like performing euthanasia on your old sick grandma. It probably means a financial relief but there would be too much remorse and penitence for you to bear morally. your grandparents ain't billionaires but they were still the reason why you exist. Although you can say that the Lakers would've achieved even greater successes had they got someone else with a smaller ego in kobe's place, no one will nullify what Kobe has done on behalf of this team, he's a player that you have to respect no matter you like him or not.

Solid and fair post.

Raven
07-07-2013, 09:04 AM
:lol

Raven
07-07-2013, 09:09 AM

gasol can be traded, metta bought out and kobe amnestied. that's to perfect to tank a season and develop your young players, oh wait lakers don't have em :lol

tlongII
07-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Kobe sucks now. The Lakers will never be good until they get him off their payroll.