PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Shaq slams Dwight

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Full @Shaq (https://twitter.com/Shaq) quote on @DwightHoward (https://twitter.com/DwightHoward) leaving #Lakers (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Lakers) for #Rockets (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Rockets): "The Dwight Howard thing, it was expected. We've all been in LA, and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rl7a25

Didn't know Houston was a little town but OK :lol

unforeseen
07-06-2013, 03:26 PM
He is still bitter after The Dream spanked his ass.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/tumblr_mhxnf5jH9h1renuivo1_500_zps516a178d.gif

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Funny he has a house and a couple kids out there :lol

jeebus
07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Funny he has a house and a couple kids out there :lol

Um, Shaq is black.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2013, 03:29 PM
:lol

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 03:30 PM
He's been saying this before Dwight went to LA anyway so it was obvious he would take the jab. Dwight leaving makes Shaq look like a God now to LA fans.

AchillesHeel
07-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Shaq ain't lying, Howard is a punk, tbh. prime D12 schooled by 37 yr old TOSB Timmy D

DMX7
07-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Shaq has never been stuck in traffic on 610 near the Galleria.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Full @Shaq (https://twitter.com/Shaq) quote on @DwightHoward (https://twitter.com/DwightHoward) leaving #Lakers (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Lakers) for #Rockets (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Rockets): "The Dwight Howard thing, it was expected. We've all been in LA, and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rl7a25

Didn't know Houston was a little town but OK :lol

Dwight made the right move...and I'm happy he did...but lol Shaq...I'm guessing Slim Thug won't like this....but I doubt he or his goons man enough to step to Shaq

unforeseen
07-06-2013, 03:36 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/tumblr_lr7zw4VkzS1qzb7vjo1_500_zpsa7436fe5.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/tumblr_mj9glvzlTR1renuivo1_500_zps56baa58b.gif

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 03:38 PM
While I agree that Bible Kemp's a bitch, the idea that he's "too scared to play for the Lakers/in LA" is retarded..... Houston is a big market, the Rockets are a historic franchise, and they have their own lineage of great bigs for B-Kemp to live up to, tbh.... this is just spinning on the media's part to deflect any blame from Kirby and their beloved Lakers for how this saga ended, imho....

Mugen
07-06-2013, 03:41 PM
The LA media really isn't that bad compared to NY for instance. As long as you're somewhat decent, guys like John Ireland will slob your knob 24/7 tbh.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 03:41 PM
While I agree that Bible Kemp's a bitch, the idea that he's "too scared to play for the Lakers/in LA" is retarded..... Houston is a big market, the Rockets are a historic franchise, and they have their own lineage of great bigs for B-Kemp to live up to, tbh.... this is just spinning on the media's part to deflect any blame from Kirby and their beloved Lakers for how this saga ended, imho....

Dude seriously what's with the Kobe obsession...did he cum in your grandmothers ass? :lol

Kobe 5
Cippas 0

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 03:44 PM
and yes Dwight knew he could never live up to Laker big man royalty...he knew and they knew...The Rockets are safe because even though they have big man tradition it pales in comparison to LA's...he doesn't have pressure in Houston..none at all...they have very low expectations....

Dwight and Harden and nothing more than a poor man's version of Yao and TMac....

gnsf0946
07-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Houston a big market? perhaps but mostly because of Lin and his chink fanbase

you can't be serious comparing the pressure in Houston and L.A.

that isn't to say Howard left because of that, he probably left because of Kobe :lol

UZER
07-06-2013, 03:52 PM
and yes Dwight knew he could never live up to Laker big man royalty...he knew and they knew...The Rockets are safe because even though they have big man tradition it pales in comparison to LA's...he doesn't have pressure in Houston..none at all...they have very low expectations....

Dwight and Harden and nothing more than a poor man's version of Yao and TMac....

Spin spin sugar...

Dwight didn't want to play with Kobe, plain and simply. Never wanted to be in LA because Kobe is there. That is it and that is all.

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 03:52 PM
The LA media really isn't that bad compared to NY for instance. As long as you're somewhat decent, guys like John Ireland will slob your knob 24/7 tbh.
:lol at Buck Harvey
:lol at Jeff McDonald
:lol at Mike Monroe
:lol at 1.3M fat necks in SATX and only 3 beat writers?
:lol at Spurs having to move to San Diego 2 years after TD retires

:downspin:

Mugen
07-06-2013, 03:54 PM

:lol Wtf are you so salty? I live in SoCal so I think I have a better grasp on the LA Media than someone who lives in f'n Kyoto tbh.

DMX7
07-06-2013, 03:56 PM

Son... we'll score the number #1 draft pick one year after he retires and be back good as new.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Spin spin sugar...

Dwight didn't want to play with Kobe, plain and simply. Never wanted to be in LA because Kobe is there. That is it and that is all.

:lol ^ you know what's hilarious about that...it's the fact that you think it's an insult to Kobe :lmao a dumb brute doesn't want to play with Kobe...ohhh what an insult....:lol

Kobe 5
Dwight 0

you guys are funny as fuck :lol

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 03:58 PM
:lol Wtf are you so salty? I live in SoCal so I think I have a better grasp on the LA Media than someone who lives in f'n Kyoto tbh.
:lol - wha? :rollin :lmao :lmao

Acting like I haven't spent several years in So Cal myself. SMH :lol

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Son... we'll score the number #1 draft pick one year after he retires and be back good as new.
The only potential franchise player coming out anytime soon is Wiggins. Are you saying CIA Pop will order a tanking - this year - on TD's watch? ;)

Mugen
07-06-2013, 04:01 PM
:lol - wha? :rollin :lmao :lmao

Acting like I haven't spent several years in So Cal myself. SMH :lol

:lol Just cuz you were living in the SoCal during Magic's AIDS parties doesn't mean you understand the current landscape of the LA media today tbh. LA isn't that hard of a market to play in. Nowhere near the level of NY.

King Nupe
07-06-2013, 04:06 PM

Buu...bbbuuu...But Kwahi Leonard is the next Superstar!!!:rollin

Couldn't make a freethrow to Ice game 6:lol
Game 6:lol
Point blank Layup:lol
Duncan 4 < Kobe 5:lol
Lakers 16 > Spurs 4:lol

spurraider21
07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
This. Max kellerman still thinks pau > marc

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Shaq obviously shits all over Howard in every way, but this nigga couldn't handle playing in LA either without Phil Jackson, tbh:lol..

:lol Lakers perennial failure until Phil joined, tbh..

LkrFan
:lol Just cuz you were living in the SoCal during Magic's AIDS parties doesn't mean you understand the current landscape of the LA media today tbh. LA isn't that hard of a market to play in. Nowhere near the level of NY.
I've been in and out of So Cal from 1991 until 2004 tbh (most servicemen rotate to new duty stations every 3 or 5 years - mine was every 3).

Anyway, I can't imagine NYC media being any worse than LA - other than for baseball - since the Knicks haven't done shit in over 40 years. The Lakers OTOH have won more LOBs than any franchise - including them bums in Beantown - during that time frame. Hence my thoughts that there is more media scrutiny in LA than NY (basketball wise). The expectations for the Lakers are astronomically higher Han the Knicks son.

Sportcamper
Mugen- Ireland...So True...So True...:lol

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 04:14 PM
“[Houston] was the best fit for me basketball-wise,” Howard said. “And no offense to [Lakers Coach] Mike D'Antoni, but we're talking about Kevin McHale, who had a million moves in the post.”

Howard declined a five-year, $118-million contract offer from the Lakers to accept a four-year, $88-million deal with the Rockets, his third team in an 11-month period.

“Walt Disney said, ‘Big risks, big rewards,'” Howard said. “He put everything he had into ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,' and the sky was the limit. Now there's Disneyland and Disney World.

“It's a big sacrifice leaving $30 million. Really, really a big sacrifice. But I want to win a championship and I want to get back to being the person who I am and have some fun and enjoy playing basketball. And I think that's what I'll find in Houston.”

Texas has more favorable taxes on income than California, bridging the gap somewhat between the contracts offered by the Lakers and Rockets.

Howard declined to discuss whether he was dismayed by the Lakers' aging roster or by any lingering uncertainty in their front office after the death of longtime owner Jerry Buss in February.

“I'm not going to sit here and throw rocks and jabs at the Lakers,” he said. “It didn't end the way we wanted but I was able to develop a much thicker skin. I'm looking forward now to being the veteran in Houston.”

What a clown. :lol

Mugen
07-06-2013, 04:19 PM
I've been in and out of So Cal from 1991 until 2004 tbh (most servicemen rotate to new duty stations every 3 or 5 years - mine was every 3).

Anyway, I can't imagine NYC media being any worse than LA - other than for baseball - since the Knicks haven't done shit in over 40 years. The Lakers OTOH have won more LOBs than any franchise - including them bums in Beantown - during that time frame. Hence my thoughts that there is more media scrutiny in LA than NY (basketball wise). The expectations for the Lakers are astronomically higher Han the Knicks son.

If Dwight had re-signed and failed to bring a title in his tenure, Lakerfan would have just blamed Pringles and Jimmy for their failures.

Players have it relatively easy in LA tbh. Mental midgets like Lamar and Pau have flourished in LA. Sure, it's not as laidback as Houston or SA but it's not some high-pressure market like Shaq is making it out to be tbh.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:27 PM
What a clown. :lol

what's really funny is Dwight thinking Mchale's moves in the post will translate to his game...this cat is delusional as fuck....he can't master a basic Kareem sky hook and he thinks he's going to master a prime Mchale's moves as muscle toting jock? :lmao I'm actually almost starting to feel sorry for this guy he has no clue

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 04:27 PM
If Dwight had re-signed and failed to bring a title in his tenure, Lakerfan would have just blamed Pringles and Jimmy for their failures.

Players have it relatively easy in LA tbh. Mental midgets like Lamar and Pau have flourished in LA. Sure, it's not as laidback as Houston or SA but it's not some high-pressure market like Shaq is making it out to be tbh.
You make it sound so easy to play in LA. :lol I've seen several players acquired by the Lakers wilt under the bright lights of the GWF and Staples alike. You :downspin: playing for the Lakers as being easy is funny as hell tbh. :lol

DMX7
07-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Buu...bbbuuu...But Kwahi Leonard is the next Superstar!!!:rollin

lol son... K. Leonard will have a sore calf and we'll keep him out the whole season. Then when he returns, we'll be STACKED!!!

UZER
07-06-2013, 04:44 PM
:lol ^ you know what's hilarious about that...it's the fact that you think it's an insult to Kobe :lmao a dumb brute doesn't want to play with Kobe...ohhh what an insult....:lol

Kobe 5
Dwight 0

you guys are funny as fuck :lol

Oh okay. Kobe is running around making bitch statements and removing Dwight from twitter, but its not an insult to him.

You just like every other laker fan trying to take the bullets for him. He aint giva fuck about you, kool. Stop trying so hard.

Kai
07-06-2013, 04:45 PM

lefty
07-06-2013, 04:47 PM
lol David Aldridge said that yesterday

Shaq stealing D.A's material :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Oh okay. Kobe is running around making bitch statements and removing Dwight from twitter, but its not an insult to him.

You just like every other laker fan trying to take the bullets for him. He aint giva fuck about you, kool. Stop trying so hard.

He only followed Dwight on twitter because it was a PR move...he knew how childish and immature he was...listen between me and you..I doubt seriously Dwight taught Kobe anything...and I doubt seriously Kobe respected his analytical or intellectual abilities..Kobe was just being nice..you say Dwight didn't want to play with Kobe and I say Kobe saw a guy who was physically strong and nothing more...Dwight was butthurt ever since Kobe compared his wack ass game to Tyson's...

Dwight not wanting to play with Kobe is no insult....

UZER
07-06-2013, 05:00 PM
He only followed Dwight on twitter because it was a PR move...he knew how childish and immature he was...listen between me and you..I doubt seriously Dwight taught Kobe anything...and I doubt seriously Kobe respected his analytical or intellectual abilities..Kobe was just being nice..you say Dwight didn't want to play with Kobe and I say Kobe saw a guy who was physically strong and nothing more...Dwight was butthurt ever since Kobe compared his wack ass game to Tyson's...

Dwight not wanting to play with Kobe is no insult....

To you. It was obviously an insult to Kobe.

Kobe rules with an iron fist. The Lakers are not are not the USSR. Dwight left.

Starting a hundred threads about something you say you dont care about is contradictory.

DMX7
07-06-2013, 05:19 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/532/734/d12_original.jpg?1346588547

Someone photoshop this and give it to Shaq. Your city was awesome Shaq, but it's time to impact our youth and play basketball elsewhere. Get over it.

RD2191
07-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Laker fans, they gonna cry in the car. :lmao

Michael Jordan.
07-06-2013, 05:25 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2827615/he-gonna-cry-in-the-car-o.gifhttp://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2827615/he-gonna-cry-in-the-car-o.gif

venky
07-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Shaq is right and I'm glad Duh White is gone, but it hurts that we got nothing in return.

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Laker fans, they gonna cry in the car. :lmao

RD2191
07-06-2013, 06:03 PM
:lol MJ

Thread
07-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Shaq is right and I'm glad Duh White is gone, but it hurts that we got nothing in return.

It turns out the Lakers were adamant about no s&t whatsoever. I thought they were posing, but, they weren't. And it also turns out that the Asik contract has a balloon year in '15 at $15 million.

Bill_Brasky
07-07-2013, 01:53 PM
You make it sound so easy to play in LA. :lol I've seen several players acquired by the Lakers wilt under the bright lights of the GWF and Staples alike. You :downspin: playing for the Lakers as being easy is funny as hell tbh. :lol
Did you ever stop to think that maybe players sometimes don't live up to expectations, no matter what team it is?

For example I could say that RJ failed on the Spurs because he couldn't handle Pop's system and pressure.

Or I could not be a retard and realize the dude just wasn't good anymore.

Rogue
07-07-2013, 07:03 PM
or maybe RJ just felt too depressed to play at his normal level playing in San Antonio without Jason Collins.

ElNono
07-07-2013, 07:06 PM

GuerillaBlack
07-07-2013, 07:17 PM
It turns out the Lakers were adamant about no s&t whatsoever. I thought they were posing, but, they weren't. And it also turns out that the Asik contract has a balloon year in '15 at $15 million.

No there isn't a balloon and Asik or Lin's contract. Both are an 8.3M cap hit for the next two seasons, even if they are traded.

Thread
07-07-2013, 07:18 PM
No there isn't a balloon and Asik or Lin's contract. Both are an 8.3M cap hit for the next two seasons, even if they are traded.

You still have to pay him $15 million in '15. Are you going to do that?

GuerillaBlack
07-07-2013, 07:54 PM
You still have to pay him $15 million in '15. Are you going to do that?

Well, you are only paying him $5M this year.

TXstbobcat
07-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Shaquille isn't afraid to speak his mind and he doesn't care who he pisses off. I think that's why I liked reading his last book. I think the title was Shaq uncut.

Thread
07-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Well, you are only paying him $5M this year.

It's 14 in '14 & 15 in '15. The cap implication may be in doubt, but, it was front loaded to scare off the match.

Thread
07-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Shaquille isn't afraid to speak his mind and he doesn't care who he pisses off.

But, he's a Laker deep in his blood. He's reconciled with Kobe and come to terms with the past. You have to take his prose with a heavy grain of salt.

IronMexican
07-07-2013, 08:31 PM

:lol pretty much. But he still couldn't handle it. I'd rather see this Laker ship sink than watch Dwight and Kobe lead them to the second round.

Thread
07-07-2013, 08:36 PM
:lol pretty much. But he still couldn't handle it. I'd rather see this Laker ship sink than watch Dwight and Kobe lead them to the second round.

I'd a rather seen Howard take Kobe's sales pitch to heart, stay in LA, grab some jacks & timbers and start back down. I ain't ever gonna see thatPERIOD

GuerillaBlack
07-07-2013, 08:59 PM
It's 14 in '14 & 15 in '15. The cap implication may be in doubt, but, it was front loaded to scare off the match.

No it's not. It was $5M last season, $5M this season, and then $15 next.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/omer-asik/

Thread
07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
No it's not. It was $5M last season, $5M this season, and then $15 next.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/omer-asik/

I stand corrected.

Jacob1983
07-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Houston is a little town? 2 million people?

Rogue
07-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Houston is a little town? 2 million people?
By chinks' standard, yes.