PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Rick Fox: Would Dwight Have Disrespected MJ Like He Did The Great Kobe

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Epic from Rick Fox...and this was in Feb when Dwight still played with us: :toast

Fox, who played a key role in three Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) championships between 2000-02, said Monday in a radio interview with Max Kellerman and Marcellus Wiley on ESPNLA 710 that he doesn't think Howard "wants to be here," or that he appreciates and respects the history of the Lakers franchise.

"I’d like to see a lot more of the actions that tell me that winning is the most important thing to him, as well as being a Laker, and I don’t get that yet," Fox said.

"Maybe in another city he can fool some people with that, but unfortunately for him, in Los Angeles, you got a legacy of great players that have shown the city what it looks like. What commitment looks like, what championship play looks like, what championship talk looks like," Fox continued.

Fox, of course, played for the Lakers while Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant) often openly feuded with each other through the media and behind closed doors.

"Even when there’s been inner struggles between teammates on the Lakers to actually work it out, once they hit the floor, you still saw effort that was respectful of the uniform, respectful of all the fans out here in L.A. that fight and argue with so much pride for the Lakers organization that we aren’t getting," Fox said. "And so, for my money, I’m not seeing a guy that wants to be here."

Fox said he felt Howard was trying to prove a point with the way he's played this season.

"He feels entitled that he should be given the ball, things should be run through him, and he’s trying to prove a point, and the point is that like, 'I, in some way, should be No. 1 and I should be respected and therefore I’m giving the effort that you get because I don’t feel respected.' At the end of the day he’s had teams where he’s been the No. 1, for a number of years, and it’s led to exactly what he has: no championships."

Fox isn't the first former Lakers player to publicly criticize Howard and the Lakers in this most disappointing of seasons. Magic Johnson, O'Neal, Robert Horry and James Worthy have all been critical.

Fox said he has thus far tried to keep his feelings private, but wasn't going to censor himself when asked questions.

"I try to dance around and be politically correct, but it’s hard to do that when the people that love this team, and care about this team, are more passionate and upset about this situation than he’s been, or that other people have been. And quite frankly, there’s no room for that. There’s no room. I don’t want to turn my TV on and pay my money to watch that," Fox said.

“If Dwight ever really took a second -- and I don’t know if he’s done this -- to really look at the history of the organization and what it stands for and who has come before him and what this is about, then he would never look at it for a second at himself as bigger than this situation.

"That’s what it feels like; he wouldn’t look across the locker room at arguably one of the top players ever to play the game, ever, and he’s butting heads. Would he butt heads with Michael Jordan like this? Then he gotta go, he gotta go.”

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Rick knows his shit...inb4 people call him salty.

I will say this...alot more of this is on Jim Buss than Dwight, he has every right to leave. I just dont get why he picked Houston...they arent going to be that good unless some more moves are made. James Harden is not on the same level as Lebron, KD and he never will be.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 04:26 PM
MJ would have passed the ball to B-Kemp...

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 04:27 PM

Thats true too, I think Kobe really fucking got too happy when Dwight and Nash came. He kind of exposed that hes a selfish dick once and for all imo.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Rick knows his shit...inb4 people call him salty.

I will say this...alot more of this is on Jim Buss than Dwight, he has every right to leave. I just dont get why he picked Houston...they arent going to be that good unless some more moves are made. James Harden is not on the same level as Lebron, KD and he never will be.

I don't care that he went to Houston...he went to whatever place he felt would let him clown around and be an ass in front of the cameras tbh

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:31 PM

not if he kept getting stripped in the post like does...MJ would have clowned all over this kid....you must have not seen MJ play in his prime...and how brutal he was to teammates

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 04:34 PM
I know all about prime MJ, and as douchey as he was, he still learned eventually to trust his teammates and pass them the damn ball, something Kirby will never learn....

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I know all about prime MJ, and as douchey as he was, he still learned eventually to trust his teammates and pass them the damn ball, something Kirby will never learn....

you hate him way too much man...what gives? Its just a game scrah

weebo
07-06-2013, 04:39 PM
:lmao at all these butt hurt laker fans...first they beg him to stay...then they trash him for leaving...then they're excited that he's 50/50 on his decision...and now they're trashing him again :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:39 PM
you hate him way too much man...what gives? Its just a game scrah

the hate is so strong till I asked him in another thread if Kobe cummed in his grandma's ass or something...he never answered the question :lol

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 04:40 PM
the hate is so strong till I asked him in another thread if Kobe cummed in his grandma's ass or something...he never answered the question :lol

I mean I strongly dislike Lebron but I remember its just a game and hes a multimillionaire just doing his thing. CN hates Kobe like his mom is Kate Faber or some shit

Michael Jordan.
07-06-2013, 04:40 PM
:lmao at all these butt hurt laker fans...first they beg him to stay...then they trash him for leaving...then they're excited that he's 50/50 on his decision...and now they're trashing him again :lmao
Bunch of females.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:42 PM

we're not mad he left..we just don't like how he went about his business....him challenging Kobe with is inept game and borderline mental retardedness and showing no respect is what I'm upset about...I just don't know the guy understands a play book...I wish Kobe would just come out and say he was a good defensive player but he was dumb as fuck...man that would be cathartic

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:43 PM
I mean I strongly dislike Lebron but I remember its just a game and hes a multimillionaire just doing his thing. CN hates Kobe like his mom is Kate Faber or some shit

:lol I think Kobe been playing around with his grandma....only thing that explains that hate

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Dude - he had the 2nd most amount of post ups in the L. That meant he had opportunities to lead the league in FGAs. We all saw what he did with those opportunities:

3 TOS/game - pathetic for a center
9.5 FTAs per game (2nd most in the L)
721 total FTAs (3rd most in the L)
49.2% from charity stripe (league worst among starters)
3.8 fouls per game (league worst among starters)

Bottom line: Howard sucked ass for usPERIOD. I don't see much improvement for him in H-Town.

weebo
07-06-2013, 04:48 PM
we're not mad he left..we just don't like how he went about his business....him challenging Kobe with is inept game and borderline mental retardedness and showing no respect is what I'm upset about...I just don't know the guy understands a play book...I wish Kobe would just come out and say he was a good defensive player but he was dumb as fuck...man that would be cathartic

not mad he left???...then why all the threads about DH12??...did you expect him to be the next coming of jabbar or chamberlain?? ...just look at the shit he pulled off in orlando...the lakers knew what they were getting themselves into...they just assumed that playing for the lakers would mean anything for a dumbass like dwight :lmao

plus no legit player wants to play with bryant :lmao

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 04:49 PM
N:lol response is an admission of guilt tbh.

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 04:50 PM
:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:53 PM
not mad he left???...then why all the threads about DH12??...did you expect him to be the next coming of jabbar or chamberlain?? ...just look at the shit he pulled off in orlando...the lakers knew what they were getting themselves into...they just assumed that playing for the lakers would mean anything for a dumbass like dwight :lmao

plus no legit player wants to play with bryant :lmao

the conjecture means nothing...there's not a player in the league today with more rings

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 04:54 PM
N:lol response is an admission of guilt tbh.

yeah Kobe done fucked someone in CLippa Nations family and he's too chicken shit to admit....I think it's his grandma :lol

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 04:57 PM
yeah Kobe done fucked someone in CLippa Nations family and he's too chicken shit to admit....I think it's his grandma :lol

Wasnt there a bell boy that testified in the Kate Faber case and it turned out he was an obsessed stalker of Kate Faber? What if CN is that guy?

Killakobe81
07-06-2013, 05:00 PM

Not me never begged for anything since 2004 tbh

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Wasnt there a bell boy that testified in the Kate Faber case and it turned out he was an obsessed stalker of Kate Faber? What if CN is that guy?

^ :lmao that's some cold shit man....in honor of CN's hate let's start calling him Bell Boy... :lol

Michael Jordan.
07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
"Hi, my name is Ghetto Bougie Kevin. I tuck my napkin into my shirt cuz I be mobbin like that."

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
notice how CN has disappeared from this thread :lol

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 05:03 PM
^ :lmao that's some cold shit man....in honor of CN's hate let's start calling him Bell Boy... :lol

Bell boy it is :lol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Michael Jordan.
07-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Ghetto Bougie Kevin.

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Bell Boy? I like it. :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Bell Boy? I like it. :lol

we got a deal!!! :lol this is a deal I won't welsh on

Thebesteva
07-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Where's that bell boy at anyway?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5Qh5BJ4OX6s/S97KXd-lE4I/AAAAAAAAAig/L-EKjWsK2Lw/s800/hot_tub_time_machine_cast_crispin_glover.jpg

LkrFan
07-06-2013, 05:13 PM
we got a deal!!! :lol this is a deal I won't welsh on
:lol at DPG

Clipper Nation
07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
:lol Desperate

weebo
07-06-2013, 05:25 PM
the conjecture means nothing...there's not a player in the league today with more rings

bryant sank this ship himself...no help needed...lakers should have kept mike brown...amnestied bryant like cuban suggested...built the team around Howard and hope for the best...instead the lakers sold their souls to bryant and now they're paying for it

can't say im not enjoying this catastrophe :lmao