PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: What is it about Kobefan...

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
That makes them go to the end of the world to defend him? Everybody who disagrees with him is a cancer but what he does is hailed as heroic and an means to an end? Hmm let's see

1. Demanding a trade before playing 1 SINGLE NBA game. Truth is he would be exposed in a small market as just another McGrady or even lesser player had he played in Charlotte, or any market not L.A. LeBron did it for 7 years, Dwight did it for about 8. So when you try and compare Kobe to me, just remember the brand I built I brand in Chicago which is obviously smaller than L.A, where Kobe to this day still hasn't built a brand. Even in a market the size of L.A, he could and will never come close to equalling the Jordan brand. He did build a fortune that Vanessa has him by the balls for. Dwight made Orlando relevant. LeBron made Cleveland relevant. Shaq made Orlando relevant. I made Chicago relevant. How many years were the Lakers relevant without Diesel and Ostrich? No it's ok, I'll wait while you brainstorm. A benign caner at this point.

2. 2004 Feud with Shaq. Yeah Shaq was a fatass that found success on pure ability and felt he never had to work hard, but he dominated like no one had seen during this time. And this whole thing gets blamed on him. 3 straight rings, 3 Finals MVPs. But remember, this is the point where Kirby started to truly develop his snitching abilities. The rape, the snitching, two pretty interesting subjects in themselves. First, if Kobe had so many groupies at this time, he wouldn't have had to rape. THEN, unlike a true closer, couldn't even finish on her face. Rejected at the buzzer even in rape. Here comes the snitching. "During the investigation, Kobe told police that "he should have done what Shaq does ... that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything" and that Shaq already had paid up to $1 million "for situations like this." This created controversy because Kobe and Shaq were teammates at the time and many thought that Kobe broke "locker-room code" by revealing confidential information." CANCER malignant at this point, had the nerve to get upset at O’Neal for not attempting to reach out during his legal troubles, stating that Shaq was “supposed to be my friend. Lol insecure little nigga. Antisocial, narcissistic little fuck who won't attend team dinners, wedding etc. CANCER. Views his teammates as his peasants, which is why everybody is flocking to L.A. to play with him. Like Machiavelli says, "It is better to be feared than to be loved". Well, Kobe isn't loved, or more importantly feared. If he was, his teammates wouldn't mock him in practice and closed door meetings. Bitchmade faggot. So this concludes the point where he got Shaq run off not only because he couldn't handle being the sidekick, or the fact that Shaq correctly stated that Kobe should focus on distributing rather than shooting (To which this day he still doesn't know how to do) while recovering from his knee injury, he ran Shaq off because he hurt his feelings. :lol I, myself would have punched Shaq square in the face. Kobe instead took the passive bitch route and went to Jerry. So by this token, I'm sure most Kobefans are snitches. Oh, and Kobe toyed with the idea of playing for the Clippers at that time, but of course that's forgotten in history.

3. Phil left because of Kobe, and wrote the first book. Then wrote a second. LOL Two books on you? :lol An excerpt from his second:"One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson writes. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had in his bones." He's a hell of a leader today though. CANCER

4. 2005, Rudy T steps down and we all know why. Kobe was so big of a CANCER that he gave Rudy T cancer again. Strike 2, ran off Phil, then Rudy. I won't even mention the rest of 2005-2007, since they were irrelevant during that time. But two trade demands did occur though. I wonder if Kobefan would have turned on Kobe like they did on Dwight if Kobe had actually been traded? Probably not, they'd just be sporting different 50 dollar replica jerseys.

5. 2009-2010 Kobe rings we remember, BUT, who has the worst loss in the history of the NBA Finals? Who was on that team? Go ahead and take a stab at it. No Bynum, no ring. Isn't that ironic? :lol "Ship his ass out". Came close to running off Bynum before ringing. Looks like he has my GM skills. :lol CANCER.

6. 2011: Snitched again. Since we know Kobe's only friend is Vanessa, which he told Pau was cheating. But Pau gets blamed for the Lakers dat ass swept. And that's fair because he did play like a pussy. But Kobe's cancerous ways were again on full display. "Snitches get stitches" which is kinda true since he tore his achilles and eventually got stitches. CANCER.

7. 2012: Ran off Mike Brown with the death stare, but gets credited for it. Kobe does have the title of being the first player ever to be a coach and owner Killer. CANCER.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md6q8hvkdI1qe1x8qo1_1280.gif

Last but not least for Kobefan. Kobe couldn't give a rats ass about them. We say it about alot of athletes, but if you were on fire, Kobe would be the last one to piss on you to put you out.

gaKNOW!blee
07-07-2013, 08:11 AM
clearly someone forgot he blocked Lebron twice in the ASG.

StrengthAndHonor
07-07-2013, 08:14 AM
What is it about Kobe haters that makes them get up so early in the morning or stay late at night and write an essay about how they don't like the guy? I just find it hilarious when fan boys and haters alike be at wits end day in and out, and spend so much energy to validate or disapprove an individual status in life when its clear, crystal, that all their respective efforts won't add money in their bank accounts :lol

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 08:19 AM
What is it about Kobe haters that makes them get up so early in the morning or stay late at night and write an essay about how they don't like the guy? I just find it hilarious when fan boys and haters alike be at wits end day in and out, and spend so much energy to validate or disapprove an individual status in life when its clear, crystal, that all their respective efforts won't add money in their bank accounts :lol

Lol closet Kobefan. I see you lil nigga.

StrengthAndHonor
07-07-2013, 08:28 AM
:lol all I'm saying is your hate sauce is pretty weak. I've seen the best and your material is just elementary. A.lot of rehash and recycled material. Kobe hate threads are usually epic but you need to work on your game son.

MeloHype
07-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Achilles could rape a girl in Colorado and they'll still defend him, wait.....

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 08:37 AM
:lol all I'm saying is your hate sauce is pretty weak. I've seen the best and your material is just elementary. A.lot of rehash and recycled material. Kobe hate threads are usually epic but you need to work on your game son.

There is no hate sauce son. Simply stating facts that Kobefan has no reason to label anybody else a cancer. But you do seem a little hurt.

StrengthAndHonor
07-07-2013, 08:47 AM
I didn't even read much :lol no offense. I just want some new material that's all. Kobe bashing threads are always good reads tbh, but after a while, you just look for different ish. Take notes from BrHornets, Mid and CN. Those guys always brings the goods with Kobe bashing threads, especially CN :lol

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 08:49 AM
I didn't even read much :lol no offense. I just want some new material that's all. Kobe bashing threads are always good reads tbh, but after a while, you just look for different ish. Take notes from BrHornets, Mid and CN. Those guys always brings the goods with Kobe bashing threads, especially CN :lol

CN has fallen off quite a bit son :lol

StrengthAndHonor
07-07-2013, 08:53 AM
CN has fallen off quite a bit son :lol

Yeah a lil bit. But he was a beast back then, I read his stuff and I can't help but laugh. Pretty good troll. :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 09:07 AM
There is no hate sauce son. Simply stating facts that Kobefan has no reason to label anybody else a cancer. But you do seem a little hurt.

Getting your father killed over a dice game > anything Kobe's done :lol

nice long diatribe though

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Getting your father killed over a dice game > anything Kobe's done :lol

nice long diatribe though

I finished though. Did Kobe?

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I finished though. Did Kobe?

You finished just like your dad did on his own daughter...:lmao

Amazon here's the link to the ISBN number...so yes it's legit muthafucker...

http://www.amazon.com/My-Familys-Sha...5416108&sr=1-1 (http://www.amazon.com/My-Familys-Shadow-Phenomenon-Michael/dp/0971447209/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295416108&sr=1-1)

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 09:12 AM
You finished just like your dad did on his own daughter...:lmao

Amazon here's the link to the ISBN number...so yes it's legit muthafucker...

http://www.amazon.com/My-Familys-Sha...5416108&sr=1-1 (http://www.amazon.com/My-Familys-Shadow-Phenomenon-Michael/dp/0971447209/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295416108&sr=1-1)
Did Kobe finish?

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Cliff notes; cancer, bitch made, not MJ, snitch, rapist, egotistical selfish.

Yet you spent all that time on a player who hasn't mattered since May and won't very soon.

You wonder why Kobe fans spend the energy defending but spent a bunch rehashing old shit, way to set an example.

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Did Kobe finish?

right in her ass

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Kobe: I jerked off when she left.

Clipper Nation
07-07-2013, 09:22 AM
"Snitches get stitches" which is kinda true since he tore his achilles and eventually got stitches.
:lol

AchillesHeel
07-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Kobe GOAT rapist, tbh.

Bynumite
07-07-2013, 09:24 AM
HarlemFaggot going to sleep and waking up thinking about Kobe. Creating troll accounts specifically to talk Kobe/Lakers 24/7 :lmao

galvanizedspur9
07-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Why does everybody have this inferiority complex regarding Kobe?

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 09:27 AM
HarlemFaggot going to sleep and waking up thinking about Kobe. Creating troll accounts specifically to talk Kobe/Lakers 24/7 :lmao
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2827615/he-gonna-cry-in-the-car-o.gif

StrengthAndHonor
07-07-2013, 09:32 AM

I don't think this is Harlems troll fwiw.

Clipper Nation
07-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Btw, you forgot Kirby threatening to go play in Europe if the Nets drafted him.... Cancer already quit on two franchises before even playing a minute of NBA basketball :lol

lakerhaterade
07-07-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't think this is Harlems troll fwiw.
i got an idea who it is.....lakerfan swings and misses wildly tbh

Michael Jordan.
07-07-2013, 09:37 AM
i got an idea who it is.....lakerfan swings and misses wildly tbh
Like Mitch in free agency.

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Why does everybody have this inferiority complex regarding Kobe?

It is interesting how polarizing he is. People spend too much time hating on or defending him. Of course I have contributed to some of it here, but I don't have it in me because he is irrelevant. He is no longer top 5, he is hurt and is stuck on 5.

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 09:43 AM
It is interesting how polarizing he is. People spend too much time hating on or defending him. Of course I have contributed to some of it here, but I don't have it in me because he is irrelevant. He is no longer top 5, he is hurt and is stuck on 5.

so who are the 5 players better than Kobe? and are those players irrelevant because they didn't win a title? you should really think before you post such nonsense

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 09:50 AM
so who are the 5 players better than Kobe? and are those players irrelevant because they didn't win a title? you should really think before you post such nonsense

You could make a case for top 5 pre-Achilles just like with Rose or Dwight (befoe knee or back) but until they prove it after devastating injury, None would be currently in my top 5 when in 2011 they ALL would be. Kobe had a great year last year and he definitely was still top 5 in my book ...but come on Kool as much as you love Kobe and I admire him as a player, coming back to top 5 status after a ruptured achilles is damn well unheard of. I am not saying he is done or finished. Just saying I doubt we see top 5 Kobe again.

cesare borgia
07-07-2013, 09:58 AM
That makes them go to the end of the world to defend him? Everybody who disagrees with him is a cancer but what he does is hailed as heroic and an means to an end? Hmm let's see

1. Demanding a trade before playing 1 SINGLE NBA game. Truth is he would be exposed in a small market as just another McGrady or even lesser player had he played in Charlotte, or any market not L.A. LeBron did it for 7 years, Dwight did it for about 8. So when you try and compare Kobe to me, just remember the brand I built I brand in Chicago which is obviously smaller than L.A, where Kobe to this day still hasn't built a brand. Even in a market the size of L.A, he could and will never come close to equalling the Jordan brand. He did build a fortune that Vanessa has him by the balls for. Dwight made Orlando relevant. LeBron made Cleveland relevant. Shaq made Orlando relevant. I made Chicago relevant. How many years were the Lakers relevant without Diesel and Ostrich? No it's ok, I'll wait while you brainstorm. A benign caner at this point.

2. 2004 Feud with Shaq. Yeah Shaq was a fatass that found success on pure ability and felt he never had to work hard, but he dominated like no one had seen during this time. And this whole thing gets blamed on him. 3 straight rings, 3 Finals MVPs. But remember, this is the point where Kirby started to truly develop his snitching abilities. The rape, the snitching, two pretty interesting subjects in themselves. First, if Kobe had so many groupies at this time, he wouldn't have had to rape. THEN, unlike a true closer, couldn't even finish on her face. Rejected at the buzzer even in rape. Here comes the snitching. "During the investigation, Kobe told police that "he should have done what Shaq does ... that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything" and that Shaq already had paid up to $1 million "for situations like this." This created controversy because Kobe and Shaq were teammates at the time and many thought that Kobe broke "locker-room code" by revealing confidential information." CANCER malignant at this point, had the nerve to get upset at O’Neal for not attempting to reach out during his legal troubles, stating that Shaq was “supposed to be my friend. Lol insecure little nigga. Antisocial, narcissistic little fuck who won't attend team dinners, wedding etc. CANCER. Views his teammates as his peasants, which is why everybody is flocking to L.A. to play with him. Like Machiavelli says, "It is better to be feared than to be loved". Well, Kobe isn't loved, or more importantly feared. If he was, his teammates wouldn't mock him in practice and closed door meetings. Bitchmade faggot. So this concludes the point where he got Shaq run off not only because he couldn't handle being the sidekick, or the fact that Shaq correctly stated that Kobe should focus on distributing rather than shooting (To which this day he still doesn't know how to do) while recovering from his knee injury, he ran Shaq off because he hurt his feelings. :lol I, myself would have punched Shaq square in the face. Kobe instead took the passive bitch route and went to Jerry. So by this token, I'm sure most Kobefans are snitches. Oh, and Kobe toyed with the idea of playing for the Clippers at that time, but of course that's forgotten in history.

3. Phil left because of Kobe, and wrote the first book. Then wrote a second. LOL Two books on you? :lol An excerpt from his second:"One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson writes. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had in his bones." He's a hell of a leader today though. CANCER

4. 2005, Rudy T steps down and we all know why. Kobe was so big of a CANCER that he gave Rudy T cancer again. Strike 2, ran off Phil, then Rudy. I won't even mention the rest of 2005-2007, since they were irrelevant during that time. But two trade demands did occur though. I wonder if Kobefan would have turned on Kobe like they did on Dwight if Kobe had actually been traded? Probably not, they'd just be sporting different 50 dollar replica jerseys.

5. 2009-2010 Kobe rings we remember, BUT, who has the worst loss in the history of the NBA Finals? Who was on that team? Go ahead and take a stab at it. No Bynum, no ring. Isn't that ironic? :lol "Ship his ass out". Came close to running off Bynum before ringing. Looks like he has my GM skills. :lol CANCER.

6. 2011: Snitched again. Since we know Kobe's only friend is Vanessa, which he told Pau was cheating. But Pau gets blamed for the Lakers dat ass swept. And that's fair because he did play like a pussy. But Kobe's cancerous ways were again on full display. "Snitches get stitches" which is kinda true since he tore his achilles and eventually got stitches. CANCER.

7. 2012: Ran off Mike Brown with the death stare, but gets credited for it. Kobe does have the title of being the first player ever to be a coach and owner Killer. CANCER.

Last but not least for Kobefan. Kobe couldn't give a rats ass about them. We say it about alot of athletes, but if you were on fire, Kobe would be the last one to piss on you to put you out.

Jordan the perfect teammate

Far from it. Seems like Jordan got a pass for being an a-hole towards his teammates, constantly throwing them under the bus. If Kobe had made these statements he would be crucified.

I especially love this one: "If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

"I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 09:59 AM
You could make a case for top 5 pre-Achilles just like with Rose or Dwight but until they prove it after devastating injury. None would be currently in my top 5 when in 2011 they would be.

so let me get this straight...Kobe had one of his best statistical seasons ever last year and before he even steps on the court next year he's now irrelevant...this is not even about a top 5 argument...I'm curious as to your logic on him being irrelevant. I guess every top 5 player that makes the play-offs but don't win the last game they play is also irrelevant....

StrengthAndHonor
07-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Well, its going to be a long off season, so I'll take a bite in this thread. Personally, I think most Kobe stans have taken a backseat, after the sweep in 2011, and the back2back from James, most have come into the realization that Kobe's simply not the player they all envision him to be. He had a good run in 2012 but at the expense of his teams already fragile chemistry. I read some Laker fans still defend him, bringing his 6-8 game stretch of playing Kobe Johnson, but the reality of it all is he was also biggest reason why the core didn't work out. I don't mean to offend some Laker fans here because they're pretty cool in my book, but Nash was taken out of his element in 2012 for the sake of Kobe's personal glory. Fwiw, Kobe was in fact excellent last year. Not taking that away from him.

Dwight Howard was his last chance of sniffing a title,. He'll be 36 with a questionable health. All he had to do is take a lesson from history book and do what Shaq never did for him, which is allow the future of the franchise to get his shine.

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 10:05 AM
:lmao I think I remember this one:

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 10:06 AM
so let me get this straight...Kobe had one of his best statistical seasons ever last year and before he even steps on the court next year he's now irrelevant...this is not even about a top 5 argument...I'm curious as to your logic on him being irrelevant. I guess every top 5 player that makes the play-offs but don't win the last game they play is also irrelevant....

Kool he is hurt. Irrelevant may have been a bit harsh and If I offend I did not mean to. My point is why the long post about Kobe, when he should be irrelevant until January/February? Obviously he is not, because this board keeps speaking his name constantly. To me (again I have a coach's mind-set) every injured palyer (even Kobe) is irrelevant until they get back on the court. I dont give two shits about Rondo, Rose or Klove until I see them on the court. Just because Kobe plays for my favorite team and is one of my favorite players makes no difference. My focus is on how will we build back our squad and if Kobe can help that, great. Right now he cannot. So for me that is irrelevant, but if you wish to battle the haters feel free. I actually applaud your stamina for it. I just donts see the point right now. I dont even have a Kobe>Duncan in me at the moment, I have rested that until they both retire.

My focus is on determining if Mike D can be our coach, Mitch can ressurrect the magic wand and if Jimbo can do right by his father's legacy. I hope we win the lottery, and figure out what to do with Pau. we have so many issues Kobe is far from mymind right now. That is what I am asaying.

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, its going to be a long off season, so I'll take a bite in this thread. Personally, I think most Kobe stans have taken a backseat, after the sweep in 2011, and the back2back from James, most have come into the realization that Kobe's simply not the player they all envision him to be. He had a good run in 2012 but at the expense of his teams already fragile chemistry. I read some Laker fans still defend him, bringing his 6-8 game stretch of playing Kobe Johnson, but the reality of it all is he was also biggest reason why the core didn't work out. I don't mean to offend some Laker fans here because they're pretty cool in my book, but Nash was taken out of his element in 2012 for the sake of Kobe's personal glory. Fwiw, Kobe was in fact excellent last year. Not taking that away from him.

Agree with some of this. Again wont spend much time on Kobe. I just dont think Dwight was the player to lead us. Kobe is probably not from a current ability stand-point anymore either. But I dont think we lost out on another title. Not unless we taded Pau for a third star. Mitch gambled and lost. But even if halthy with better chemistry I NEVER thought last year's team was a title contender. WE lacked spped and perimter defenders. Kobe and MWP can still play good defense when motivated (Kobe) and not chasing speedsters (MWP) but that team was never gonna win a title.

Dwight Howard was his last chance of sniffing a title,. He'll be 36 with a questionable health. All he had to do is take a lesson from history book and do what Shaq never did for him, which is allow the future of the franchise to get his shine.

Agree with most of this. However Nash wasnt effective in his role (due to injury) and Dwight was never what he should of been. Maybe it was Kobe's ego ...and the players were unhappy that Kobe took control but none of those guys were playing well. So i agree it would of been better for Kobe to force the ball to Nash or Dwight but I get why he did not. Some of it was ego but some of it necessary.
Either way no way THAT team even if healthy was winning a title. We were slow and lacked elite perimeter defenders. Kobe can play ddefense for short stretches and MWP is great chasing slower Pierce types ...but that team was WCF aT BEST, most likelly 2nd round fodder if healthy. I said it all year and they did not even make it that far.An Dwight wasnt leading us to a title, he may not lead Rox to one either.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2013, 10:12 AM
:lol another Laker fan accusing somebody of being a Harlem troll..I don't have any fucking trolls left, damn, these niggas all over my 8 inches, tbh..

Harlem hasn't been a Kobe hater for a year or 2, tbh..he isn't worth hating, it's pathetic watching him play basketball right now, tbh..

The strangest thing about Al-Quobe is that they actually brag about females that Kobe has potentially fucked, tbh:lol..I still don't understand why all of them do that..

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Kool he is hurt. Irrelevant may have been a bit harsh and If I offend I did not mean to. My point is why the long post about Kobe, when he should be irrelevant until January/February. Obviously he is not, because this board keeps speaking his name constantly. To me (again I have a coach's mind-set) every injured palyer (even Kobe) is irrelevant until they get back on the court. I dont gigive tw o shits about Rondo, Rose or Klove until I see them on the court. Just because Kobe plays for my favorite team and is one of my favorite players makes no difference. My focus is on how wwill we build back our squad and if Kobe can help that, great. Right now he cannot. So for me that is irrelevant but if you wish to battle the haters feel free. I actually applaud your stamina for it. I just donts see th point right now. I dont even hjave a Kobe>Duncan in me at the moment, I have rested that until they both retire.

My focus is on determining if Mike D can be our coach, Mitch can ressurrect the magic wand and if Jimbo can do right by his father's legacy. I hope we win the lottery, and figure out what to do with Pau. we have so many issues Kobe is far from mymind right now. That is what I am asaying.

technically he could be ready the start of the season...let's wait to see how it plays out....

da_suns_fan
07-07-2013, 04:51 PM

4.1: "Ship his (Bynum's) ASS out!". Video phone interview at a Taco Bell when he expresses his displeasure that the Lakers didnt trade Bynum for Jason Kidd

4.2: "Get your Bulls Jersies". Demands trade after getting bounced in the first round in 2007.

First, Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York: "I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind.

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

"[The Lakers] obviously want to move in a different direction in terms of rebuilding," Bryant said, adding he could have opted to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers or Chicago Bulls instead. "Three years ago when I was re-signing they should have told me they wanted to rebuild."

Asked if he had any preference for a trade destination, he said "At this point I'll go play on Pluto."

Thebesteva
07-07-2013, 04:57 PM
OP right here

http://thehiphopista.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/wigga.jpg

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2013, 04:59 PM
4.1: "Ship his (Bynum's) ASS out!". Video phone interview at a Taco Bell when he expresses his displeasure that the Lakers didnt trade Bynum for Jason Kidd

4.2: "Get your Bulls Jersies". Demands trade after getting bounced in the first round in 2007.

Don't forget that he said he wouldn't accept a deal to Chicago if they included Luol Deng, essentially attempting to cripple the Lakers roster after they trade him:lol..of course Laker fan chooses to ignore this and pretends like Kobe gives a fuck about them and the Lakers' franchise..

da_suns_fan
07-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Don't forget that he said he wouldn't accept a deal to Chicago if they included Luol Deng, essentially attempting to cripple the Lakers roster after they trade him:lol..of course Laker fan chooses to ignore this and pretends like Kobe gives a fuck about them and the Lakers' franchise..

THIS.

Ive said to Laker fans "he doesnt give a shit about your team, your city or (especially) YOU".

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2013, 05:02 PM
And it's mainly because of Bryant's wishes that Deng is still wearing a Chicago uniform.

A source with knowledge of the trade talks said Deng has been included in proposals swapped between the teams, but Bryant has continually threatened to veto almost any deal in which Deng would be included. Bryant wants to be sure that the team he joins has enough talent remaining to compete for the NBA title.

Even then, it is not clear that any trade involving Deng would be acceptable to Bryant, who is wielding the power of the NBA's only no-trade clause by threatening to veto certain deals.

"It's not just the Bulls and Lakers who have to be happy with this deal. Kobe does, too, and that's a major factor," the source said.

:lol so Kobe wasn't a Free Agent, demanded a trade, and refused to allow the Lakers to get any notable assets in return for him..

Yet Lebron, Howard, Carmelo, etc get killed by the fans and media for leaving when their contracts were expiring?:lol..

Thread
07-07-2013, 05:07 PM
THIS.

Ive said to Laker fans "he doesnt give a shit about your team, your city or (especially) YOU".

He got us from 14 to 16. He did it by building a fire under Jerry Buss. And I don't forget that. Ever.

DPG21920
07-07-2013, 05:14 PM

You know you are irrelevant when you are supposdely top 5 and having one of your best seasons ever with an incredibly stacked team and you only make the playoffs because you get hurt and miss the last few games :lol Do you think before you post?

da_suns_fan
07-07-2013, 05:15 PM

4.1.A: Quits in a game seven after his team falls down by 15 at half time.

DPG21920
07-07-2013, 05:16 PM
The Deng part makes sense. Kobe has always needed the most stacked teams to win. At least he accepts that and doesn't hide behind it.

ElNono
07-07-2013, 05:20 PM

THIS.

:lol so Kobe wasn't a Free Agent, demanded a trade, and refused to allow the Lakers to get any notable assets in return for him..

Yet Lebron, Howard, Carmelo, etc get killed by the fans and media for leaving when their contracts were expiring?:lol..

After all the anger and angst and fury of the immediate post-Shaq era had inspired Kobe Bryant to make a trade demand, Jerry Buss finally called his superstar guard to the owner's home in the Los Angeles hills on an autumn evening in 2007.

The Los Angeles Lakers had found a trade for Bryant, but Buss warned him that it wasn't to one of his selected destinations.

"Detroit," Buss said.

The Lakers had agreed to a deal to send Bryant to the Pistons and needed Bryant's approval to waive his no-trade clause. The package included a combination of Detroit's core players and draft picks, sources say. Buss and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak needed an answer soon, because they refused to let the issue linger into training camp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-passed-on-trade-after-this-lesson-from-jerry-buss--it-s-good-to-be-a-laker-for-life-002209469.html

This is why Dr Buss was a boss, tbh... :lol

da_suns_fan
07-07-2013, 05:23 PM
In the real world, Kobe would never make it.

Ive worked with extremely talented software developers who took themselves too seriously, were overly competitive, humorless, uptight etc.

I can tell you they dont last. People get off projects just to avoid having to deal with them. Eventually management realizes theyre not worth the trouble.

If Kobe literally "RAGED" because Dwight was clownish in the locker room, then the Lakers locker room doesnt sound like a place I'd want to go to every day.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Having the best frontcourt in the NBA + Phil Jackson + a luxury tax team for literally every title you've won creates the illusion of a winning environment, tbh:lol..

baseline bum
07-07-2013, 06:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/14drn5t.jpg

Thread
07-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Having the best frontcourt in the NBA + Phil Jackson + a luxury tax team for literally every title you've won creates the illusion of a winning environment, tbh:lol..

Result:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 07:56 PM
You know you are irrelevant when you are supposdely top 5 and having one of your best seasons ever with an incredibly stacked team and you only make the playoffs because you get hurt and miss the last few games :lol Do you think before you post?

You had me until Incredibly stacked ...