PDA

View Full Version : LOL Mavericks interested in Bynum

Embedded
07-07-2013, 09:01 AM
What a dumb team, they dismantle their championship team, then they fail to land the big free agents. Andrew Bynum to the Mavericks? I hope it happens.

Darkwaters
07-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Spurs related?

ironman2886
07-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Bynum has said he wants a contract before he works out for any team interested. Word on the street is his knee is shot.

Darkwaters
07-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Bynum has said he wants a contract before he works out for any team interested. Word on the street is his knee is shot.

Yea cause that isn't a red flag.

I might offer him a minimum contract just on the off-chance that he is ok. But would he take the minimum? No.

coyotes_geek
07-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Spurs related?

Laughing at the mavs is Spur-related enough for me.

lol mavs blowing up a championship team just to waste the rest of Dirk's career striking out on elite free agents.

ironman2886
07-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Yea cause that isn't a red flag.

I might offer him a minimum contract just on the off-chance that he is ok. But would he take the minimum? No.
Teams should stay away if they can't work him out first. Cuban probably won't mind.

clambake
07-07-2013, 10:16 AM
har har spurs losing to a crippled miami heat.

har har

CitizenDwayne
07-07-2013, 10:30 AM
:lol mavs
:lol Calderon=savior
:lol Greg Oden V.2

clambake
07-07-2013, 10:50 AM
crippled heat har har

lost to a team on crutches

har har

Samr.
07-07-2013, 10:57 AM
There is zero chance this works out well.

Which means there is a 100% chance I will enjoy every moment of it.

xmas1997
07-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I worry they go after AK47.

cjw
07-07-2013, 11:01 AM
In the 10% chance he can stay healthy, Bynum is a top 3 center and worth every penny of a max deal considering the Al Jeffersons of the world are getting them. There's also probably 50%+ chance that he'll never play more than 30 games in a season again, so if it's anything more than a two year deal, Dallas would be seriously reaching even at $10 million per year.

They can afford to take a one year flyer given they're not going anywhere this year anyway to give it a trial run. Anything more would be dumb, though he'd just be a large expiring contract the second year if it's just a two year deal.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Mavs really love getting stars well past their prime.

clambake
07-07-2013, 11:02 AM
i really enjoyed the finals....didn't you?

har

laughing at mavs to drown out the tears. har har

Darkwaters
07-07-2013, 11:06 AM

har

Pretty weak troll effort from a team that didn't even make the playoffs and then spent all that blessed cap space on Jose Calderon.

deibero
07-07-2013, 11:17 AM
i use to hate the mavs until i realized i actually hated terry and josh howard...dont mind seeing them do good now...dirk is as duncan as it gets when we talk about class in this league...

with that said, i have no clue what theyre doing, they dismantled a championship team in favor of cap space that they failed to use for two seasons but finally got to use it in jose effin calderon

Vash StampedE
07-07-2013, 12:50 PM
:lol Cuban wasting Dirk's final years

Vash StampedE
07-07-2013, 12:50 PM
:lol when they could have competed and defended their championship the next year

InRareForm
07-07-2013, 12:53 PM
http://rt-now.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bynum-foul-barea-game-4-2011-nba-playoffs.jpg

Sean Cagney
07-07-2013, 01:02 PM

har

Playoffs? HAAHHAAAHHAHHAHAHAHAH I enjoyed them, how about you?

therealtruth
07-07-2013, 01:09 PM
:lol when they could have competed and defended their championship the next year

They should have at least attempted to defend their title then blow it up if it didn't work.

Jumi
07-07-2013, 01:14 PM
:lol Dirk not asking for a trade
:lol Cuban is a dumbass

clambake
07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
har har no cigar

tee hee woe is ye

Vash StampedE
07-07-2013, 02:06 PM
It's just very saddening for Dirk to be getting this kind of treatment despite the loyalty he has given to the Mavs organization. He most probably would have gotten more than one ring had he decided to play for another contender.

RIP Dirk

Embedded
07-07-2013, 03:03 PM
lmao @ Clambake, and how did your team do in the playoffs? hardy har har

Mikeanaro
07-07-2013, 03:19 PM
In the 10% chance he can stay healthy, Bynum is a top 3 center and worth every penny of a max deal considering the Al Jeffersons of the world are getting them. There's also probably 50%+ chance that he'll never play more than 30 games in a season again, so if it's anything more than a two year deal, Dallas would be seriously reaching even at $10 million per year.

They can afford to take a one year flyer given they're not going anywhere this year anyway to give it a trial run. Anything more would be dumb, though he'd just be a large expiring contract the second year if it's just a two year deal.

Lol, are you high? That stupid is done, never was a top 3, lakers never used him to get a ring, is crippled till the end of his days, has not played in ages, please tell me when he was an all star, a great center whatever.
Gaynum is like Lin, had 3 good games and the media hyped his ass to the skyes, Lin in NY, Gaynum in LA, I guess big markets needs to sell something

Rogue
07-07-2013, 08:47 PM
I also hopes it happens. I would take a healthy Bynum over Asik or Dalembert any day of the week. We know he's injury prone, so does everyone. Therefore there won't be any team offering team a deal longer than two years imho. getting Asik or Dalembert would make us a playoff team again but still nowhere near our 11' height, while a healthy Bynum would immediately put us back in the title contention, even though health has always been an awkward word to Bynum. A drowning man will grab every straw he can reach, and that's the exact situation we're facing.

BatManu20
07-07-2013, 08:54 PM

703 Spurz
07-08-2013, 10:28 AM

har

You've seen your shit team get there once. What room do you have to say anything about championships?

coyotes_geek
07-08-2013, 12:24 PM
"Keep your chin up Dirk. If we can just win this bidding war against Cleveland for that immature jackass with a bum knee, we'll be right back in the hunt for that elusive 8th seed."

lol mavs

BatManu20
07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
This move wreaks of desperation by the Mavs. Hope it happens.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/BYNUM_IS_SCUM.gif
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2463345_o.gif

cd98
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I feel bad for Dirk. I think the Mavs tried, but it's hard to get top free agents when your team is as broken as the Mavs are. Outside of Dirk, they got nothing. And at Dirk's age, they can't afford to waste anymore of his years as a lottery team. This year is looking like a lottery team again. I guess they are hoping for Wiggins to team with Dirk in 2014. We'll know if Dirk's knee starts hurting midseason and he sits for the 2nd half of the year.

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I just finished my afternoon walk listening to Jeff Sheen talk about who he thinks the spurs should sign with the possible mid level exception. His pick turned out to be Bynum.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Bynum will never live up to the expectations that the media set for him.

hooperflash
07-08-2013, 11:27 PM
CAVS? http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/07/08/cavs-reportedly-offer-andrew-bynum-2-year-deal-worth-24-million/

cjw
07-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Lol, are you high? That stupid is done, never was a top 3, lakers never used him to get a ring, is crippled till the end of his days, has not played in ages, please tell me when he was an all star, a great center whatever.
Gaynum is like Lin, had 3 good games and the media hyped his ass to the skyes, Lin in NY, Gaynum in LA, I guess big markets needs to sell something

Yeah, I'm high for saying a guy who averaged nearly 19 and 12 his last year in LA while being efficient from the field, and playing some above average defense (he's no Brook Lopez, that's for sure) was a top 3 player at the worst position in the league when healthy.

If Cleveland gets him for 2 / $24, it'll be a total steal. That's friggen DeAndre Jordan money.

I was at the first Linsanity game and while it felt cool, it felt like a gimmick from the start. You're comparing Bynum to a guy who's barely in the top 30 PG in the league? Sure you're not getting your Asian dudes on the Rockets confused? Because I get the Yao comparison.

and this coming from a board of people with a hard on for Greg Oden... no pun intended

tesseractive
07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I feel bad for Dirk. I think the Mavs tried, but it's hard to get top free agents when your team is as broken as the Mavs are. Outside of Dirk, they got nothing. And at Dirk's age, they can't afford to waste anymore of his years as a lottery team. This year is looking like a lottery team again. I guess they are hoping for Wiggins to team with Dirk in 2014. We'll know if Dirk's knee starts hurting midseason and he sits for the 2nd half of the year.
If this year's team is as bad as it looks like it will be, next offseason it might be time to trade Dirk to a contender and give him a chance to finish out his career playing games that matter.

Leetonidas
07-09-2013, 01:37 PM
:lol mavericks

Mikeanaro
07-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I'm high for saying a guy who averaged nearly 19 and 12 his last year in LA while being efficient from the field, and playing some above average defense (he's no Brook Lopez, that's for sure) was a top 3 player at the worst position in the league when healthy.

If Cleveland gets him for 2 / $24, it'll be a total steal. That's friggen DeAndre Jordan money.

I was at the first Linsanity game and while it felt cool, it felt like a gimmick from the start. You're comparing Bynum to a guy who's barely in the top 30 PG in the league? Sure you're not getting your Asian dudes on the Rockets confused? Because I get the Yao comparison.

and this coming from a board of people with a hard on for Greg Oden... no pun intended

Bynum is dead, his totals averages 11.7 and 7.8, had not played a full season since his second year.
12 m a year would be a steal for Bynum, thats too much money for a guy who can fall and wear a suit 50 games.
Im not confused Yao is like 7`5, never saw point guards towering the entire team lol.
Greg Oden should retire (for real), he has nothing to loose, but win millions thats another story he is out of shape and made of glass, had lots of potential but thatīs life at least he is lucky being loaded for the rest of his life.

ducks
07-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Marc Stein‏@ESPNSteinLine32m
To get full $12M in Year 1 from Cavs, Bynum would have to hit loads of contract benchmarks. And Year 2, of course, would be at Cavs' option

coyotes_geek
07-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Marc Stein‏@ESPNSteinLine32m
To get full $12M in Year 1 from Cavs, Bynum would have to hit loads of contract benchmarks. And Year 2, of course, would be at Cavs' option

Well, there you go mavs. All you have to do is offer Bynum $12 mil guaranteed this year with no incentives or benchmarks and he's all yours.

therealtruth
07-10-2013, 05:15 PM
It's a bidding war to see who can give the most guaranteed money sort of like the Knicks offering Stoudemire 100M knowning he was injury prone.

TheGoldStandard
07-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Let's really hope that Bynum is done.

HemisfairArena
07-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Cleveland offered 6 mil guaranteed. Cuban just has to offer 8 mil and will probably get him. Not a bad investment for him with his star player at the tail end of his career. Cuban really screwed Dirk over. He has to try and give the man some type of respect.

hooperflash
07-10-2013, 07:06 PM

HemisfairArena
07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Cuban passed on offering more guaranteed money. Dirk has gotta be pissed at what Cuban has done to him.

therealtruth
07-10-2013, 07:49 PM
I think it's a win-win for Cleveland. If Bynum is healthy could catapult them into the top of the playoffs. The East is going to be pretty good next season.

SenorSpur
07-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Ha Ha.

Mavs an prepare to go into the season with Brandan Wright and Bernard James.

Kidd K
07-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Bynum isn't completely damaged goods like Oden, so he's still a gamble worth the risk. I mean a "huge offer" for him now (12m/year) is still basically 33% discounted from what a fully healthy version of him would probably get.

I think he's worth a shot at 12m/year for two years (team option for 2nd year) like the Cavs are offering. That's a fairly safe contract and a possibility of a top 5 center in return. That could really shift power to any team who acquires him if it works out.

Spurs related?

NBA Forum sucks and has both a lower collective IQ and hugely increased level of trolling and useless posts than this section.

Despite this being a Spurs team section it doesn't surprise me at all that people post non Spurs-related NBA stuff here since the replies will be better pretty much by default just for being in this section rather than that one.

dallasmaverickslose
07-10-2013, 09:48 PM
So who the hell do the Mavs have on their roster? The only dude I can think of right now is Dirk...

ducks
07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Andrew Bynum gained 15 points since his knee surgery in March and hasn't picked up a ball in some time, according to his agent David Lee.
"There was no reason to have him work out," Lee said. "His skill level's not in question, so there's no reason to work out. The reality is he has not picked up the ball in some time and he has to get his weight down. He's got to lose probably about 15 pounds, which is not a big deal. But to get on the floor you've got to reduce your weight, otherwise you risk injury." This isn't the first thing that Cavs fans will want to hear about their new center. The Cavs got Bynum for a bit of a bargain at $6 million guaranteed, but there is a ton of risk that comes with him. He expects to be ready for training camp. Source: Plain Dealer Jul 11 - 10:56 AM