PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Midnight_Pulp Will You Please Share With The Board Why Dwight Leaving Is Good

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 10:21 AM
:lol..you've been silent on the subject....I hate to drive a wedge between you and Kobe haters :lol

I'm waiting Mid.....now give the Kobe lovers some red meat..it's about time

UZER
07-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Does Spurs Talk pay you by the thread?

Koolaid_Man
07-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Does Spurs Talk pay you by the thread?

Kool will never kiss and tell :toast

midnightpulp
07-07-2013, 11:04 AM
It's a good thing anytime the biggest mental midget in the league, and one who has an offensive game that Stromile Swift would scorn, leaves your team, especially when you don't have to pay said mental midget 120 million dollars.

Dwight is a great complementary player in the Tyson Chandler mold, and Rockets fans are entitled to be excited, since he'll essentially be 2nd in the offensive pecking order behind Harden, giving that team a strong 1-2 punch for the next 5 years. And if he knows his role and focuses on his strengths (defense and rebounding), the Rockets will be a tough team.

But on the Lakers, Dwight would've crashed-and-burned. He would've forced himself into position as "the man," either this year as Kobe heals up or the next, and the Lakers would've been stuck with this guy as their franchise centerpiece for the foreseeable future, since they don't have the luxury of another young star on the roster, like the Rockets.

Gambling on Dwight is something the Rockets can afford much more than the Lakers.

AaronY
07-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Cliffs: OP: "MidnightPulp, please, please, Dear God please, come in here and tell me its gonna be alright"

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2013, 12:17 PM
kool ma nigga is now begging for an opinion...

lol begging

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 12:47 PM
It's a good thing anytime the biggest mental midget in the league, and one who has an offensive game that Stromile Swift would scorn, leaves your team, especially when you don't have to pay said mental midget 120 million dollars.

Dwight is a great complementary player in the Tyson Chandler mold, and Rockets fans are entitled to be excited, since he'll essentially be 2nd in the offensive pecking order behind Harden, giving that team a strong 1-2 punch for the next 5 years. And if he knows his role and focuses on his strengths (defense and rebounding), the Rockets will be a tough team.

But on the Lakers, Dwight would've crashed-and-burned. He would've forced himself into position as "the man," either this year as Kobe heals up or the next, and the Lakers would've been stuck with this guy as their franchise centerpiece for the foreseeable future, since they don't have the luxury of another young star on the roster, like the Rockets.

Gambling on Dwight is something the Rockets can afford much more than the Lakers.

Mid hit the nail on the head.

Thread
07-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I ID'ed this hump the first day he showed up on our blotter. He's a loser. That we flirted with him (& CPO for that matter) is our mistake & our shame. These two beauties cost us (& the NBA Lamar Odom (CPO)) & our reputation (Howard).

-21-
07-07-2013, 01:56 PM

:tu I agree with this but I have a feeling he'll want to be more than the 2nd option on offense. He still wants to be "the man."

kool ma nigga is now begging for an opinion...

lol begging
:lmao

Thebesteva
07-07-2013, 02:39 PM
You all disrespecting my Lakers...don't think we're not making a list to remember who dissed us

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ShFK3SidtYU/TQN0wA1GvAI/AAAAAAAAAAc/kelyq6E7eIk/s1600/Wigga2.jpg

Thebesteva
07-07-2013, 02:40 PM
In all seriousness we're fucked as an organization...absolutely fucked. I am not big on doom and gloom, I thought after Shaq left we'd be back to winning titles 6 years later, it turned out it was only 3-4 years later.

I think this time it's going to be a solid 8-10 year transition to get back on track, thats what happened when Magic left and the organization was run by Jerry. More important than any trade or pick up, the Lakers got to get the FO organized and if Phil and Jeanie are not more involved soon then we can all sit back and watch the epic fire that is Jim Busses Lakers.

Thread
07-07-2013, 02:45 PM
In all seriousness we're fucked as an organization...absolutely fucked. I am not big on doom and gloom, I thought after Shaq left we'd be back to winning titles 6 years later, it turned out it was only 3-4 years later.

I think this time it's going to be a solid 8-10 year transition to get back on track, thats what happened when Magic left and the organization was run by Jerry. More important than any trade or pick up, the Lakers got to get the FO organized and if Phil and Jeanie are not more involved soon then we can all sit back and watch the epic fire that is Jim Busses Lakers.

It's the new CBA that will decide our future as the prior CBA defined our past.

It cannot be like it was.
It cannot be like it was.
It cannot be like it was. {They} the Laker organization knows this. It's how they operate & execute on the new plane that will define our future.

Killakobe81
07-07-2013, 03:06 PM

Mitch will be fine. We went all in because Dr. Buss was dying. it failed. this season will be another cluster fuck. But we will get a good pick sign a good star from FA. And start to build brick by brick. No quick fix solutions ... unless James is coming which will never happen. Mitch cant get all the kudos and Jimbo all the blame. Mitch will right the ship. We just need to be ptient. Quick fixes is what screwed us in the first place.

Thread
07-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Mitch will be fine. We went all in because Dr. Buss was dying. it failed. this season will be another cluster fuck. But we will get a good pick sign a good star from FA. And start to build brick by brick. No quick fix solutions ... unless James is coming which will never happen. Mitch cant get all the kudos and Jimbo all the blame. Mitch will right the ship. We just need to be ptient. Quick fixes is what screwed us in the first place.

& in the interim I've got a Bulls style road block in the east with the Heat. As long as the Suns & the Spurs don't ring, or, again I can enter my house justified.

spurraider21
07-07-2013, 03:15 PM

why do people assume Jeanie buss is a fucking genius or something?

Thebesteva
07-07-2013, 03:18 PM

It's like the movie Gladiator...the father was the legend, the son was the power hungry moron, and the daughter was the noble wise one who wanted to continue her fathers vision.

spurraider21
07-07-2013, 03:23 PM
It's like the movie Gladiator...the father was the legend, the son was the power hungry moron, and the daughter was the noble wise one who wanted to continue her fathers vision.
Yeah except laker fans consider her to be the second coming when she's done absolutely nothing except bang PJ

Thread
07-07-2013, 03:25 PM

Because there is only room for one person at a time on the Tree of Woe and they've welded Jim up there.