PDA

View Full Version : Lone Ranger cost 225 million to make

InRareForm
07-07-2013, 12:50 PM
only netted less than 50 million this 4rth to Sunday.

:lol

SA210
07-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Loved the Lone Ranger as a kid. This movie however just looks beyond trash and shitty, really not interested in watching it at the theater, unless someone paid for me bc I'm not giving my money to that crap. Depp as Tonto?? :lol

I was a very huge Depp fan for a while..but he's just very annoying now.

JMarkJohns
07-07-2013, 01:56 PM
It'll make it's money back worldwide, and in DVD rentals/sales, but it will be labeled a disappointment. That being said, PotC Dead Man's Chest was one of the most garbled, worst-paced messes that I thought for certain would be the nail in the coffin of that series, but world/DVD helped deem is a successful disappoi tent that found another two shitty Pirates flicks.

Thanks to post-theater, films that have no business being made, being made into series become dynasties and I don't doubt this has a sequel.

JMarkJohns
07-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Also, it was foolish to open so close to Dispicable Me 2. That film is destroying the competition and will likely be the top domestic earner when all is done.

Joyrider
07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
You knew it was gonna bomb when they were advertising it everywhere with, "From the people who brought you Pirates of the Caribbean".

Avante
07-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Some things simply cannot be approved upon.

eSK9iulWzKM

Blake
07-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Some things simply cannot be approved upon.

such as your grammar skills

Avante
07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
such as your grammar skills

Long ago..

I knew that Clayton Moore was the actor who played The Lone Ranger. So there I am looking for some movie to watch when I notice this old one (forgot the name) with....Clayton Moore...in it. I stayed up to 3am to see..The Lone Ranger...without his mask.

Here ya go little guy.

tJmWS1SP8Hs

Rogue
07-07-2013, 06:37 PM
the avengers with a similar budget has already netted some 1.6 billion box office. :lmao captain Jack

CitizenDwayne
07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
You mean Tonto: The Movie?

I heard it sucked. Depp, ironically enough, has become predictable. Every year he trots out a Burton/Verbinski film that features him playing a wacky character, and completely wasting his immense acting talent. He's content to just wear silly costumes these days.

This movie deserved to fail.

UZER
07-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah Depps caught up in his own quirky character web. He pigeon holed himself.

Darth_Pelican
07-07-2013, 10:49 PM
24% Rotten Tomatoes rating... that is horrible

SA210
07-08-2013, 01:32 AM
You knew it was gonna bomb when they were advertising it everywhere with, "From the people who brought you Pirates of the Caribbean".

:lmao:lmao so damn true

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2013, 01:32 AM
cowboy movies todays era = jackshit

CosmicCowboy
07-08-2013, 06:21 AM
cowboy movies typically don't do shit on the international market.

tlongII
07-08-2013, 09:53 AM
cowboy movies typically don't do shit on the international market.

Well, you should know. :lol

Cane
07-08-2013, 11:17 AM
It'll make it's money back worldwide, and in DVD rentals/sales, but it will be labeled a disappointment. That being said, PotC Dead Man's Chest was one of the most garbled, worst-paced messes that I thought for certain would be the nail in the coffin of that series, but world/DVD helped deem is a successful disappoi tent that found another two shitty Pirates flicks.

Thanks to post-theater, films that have no business being made, being made into series become dynasties and I don't doubt this has a sequel.

Maybe but I have a feeling it's going to be more like John Carter or Cowboys and Aliens than POTC:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518gmPp5WdL.jpg

JMarkJohns
07-08-2013, 11:19 AM
We can hope.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
wasting 255m on this shit, when they could just reboot the horse whisperer or mr.ed

CavsSuperFan
07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
I still think for 200 million they could have hired a REAL Indian!

BRHornet45
07-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Depp is not only predictable in his roles, but is also a phony "European wanna be" as well.

Listen to any interview of him nowadays compared to 15 years ago and you'll see what I'm talking about. He uses a fake ass accent to sound European because he tries so desperately hard to be "different/unique", but the fact remains the dude is from Kentucky.

crc21209
07-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Didn't go see it, and I don't plan to either. Glad it flopped tbh...:lol

mrsmaalox
07-08-2013, 11:04 PM
wasting 255m on this shit, when they could just reboot the horse whisperer or mr.ed

Hell yea!! :lol

mrsmaalox
07-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Depp is not only predictable in his roles, but is also a phony "European wanna be" as well.

Listen to any interview of him nowadays compared to 15 years ago and you'll see what I'm talking about. He uses a fake ass accent to sound European because he tries so desperately hard to be "different/unique", but the fact remains the dude is from Kentucky.

Madonna too.

JMarkJohns
07-08-2013, 11:17 PM
What was the last Depp movie people loved?

I enjoyed Sweeney Todd, and wanted to like Public Enemies, but if I'm honest, last time I was as excited leaving as entering a Depp film was probably Fear & Loathing, though I didn't see it in the theater.

Didn't care for PotC series, and hate his over the top caricature acting crap, so Wonka, Alice, etc. annoyed me.

Rum Diaries solid but unspectacular, and never saw popular flicks Finding Neverland or Chocolat.

SA210
07-08-2013, 11:45 PM

I enjoyed Sweeney Todd, and wanted to like Public Enemies, but if I'm honest, last time I was as excited leaving as entering a Depp film was probably Fear & Loathing, though I didn't see it in the theater.

Didn't care for PotC series, and hate his over the top caricature acting crap, so Wonka, Alice, etc. annoyed me.

Rum Diaries solid but unspectacular, and never saw popular flicks Finding Neverland or Chocolat.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G0l7maaLHl4/TroF1eTwyXI/AAAAAAAABPw/kpIYmbNxCME/s1600/sjff_03_img1267.jpg

mrsmaalox
07-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Ed Wood

JMarkJohns
07-09-2013, 12:18 AM
1990s were good to Depp

Blake
07-09-2013, 09:13 AM

I still think his bit in the first Pirates is quite good.

Blake
07-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Long ago..

I knew that Clayton Moore was the actor who played The Lone Ranger. So there I am looking for some movie to watch when I notice this old one (forgot the name) with....Clayton Moore...in it. I stayed up to 3am to see..The Lone Ranger...without his mask.

Here ya go little guy.

tJmWS1SP8Hs

I see words but all I'm really hearing is that noise the teacher makes in Charlie Brown cartoons

UZER
07-09-2013, 09:42 AM
I see words but all I'm really hearing is that noise the teacher makes in Charlie Brown cartoons

wah wah, wah wah wah...yes ma'am...wah wah, wah wah wah wah...i tried ma'am but my dog ate it....wah wah wah wah wah....yes ma'am

UZER
07-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I still think his bit in the first Pirates is quite good.

Agreed. Its entertaining. The best part is Hans Zimmers music. Love that guy.

Thread
07-09-2013, 10:10 AM
The last Lone Ranger film was shrouded in failure as well. I believe it was in the early '80's. And an actor named Klinton Spilsbury played Lone. They had to dub his voice and the picture died very quickly.

---

It's difficult for Media to send Depp to the tree of woe. It's gettin' close to {nary other choice time.}

"Ed Wood" was a fine earlier citation, and a fine film.

Xevious
07-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I love westerns and I wouldn't spend a dime watching this crap.

Xevious
07-09-2013, 10:44 AM
And fuck Jerry Bruckheimer.