PDA

View Full Version : Belli da PG

KL2
07-07-2013, 02:32 PM
:pop: Do you think he'll do it? RMJ, Neal, Hill, and now Belli? Pop don't give a fuck if you're shit at running point, don't question his system.

Spur fan better pray Cojo develops into an nba PG.

Mel_13
07-07-2013, 02:34 PM
No.

TheGoldStandard
07-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Wouldn't put it past him that and running Bonner out as a SF.

CitizenDwayne
07-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Would work well alongside Pendergraph at SF

TrainOfThought5
07-07-2013, 03:06 PM
We're doomed.

fleggy2k2
07-07-2013, 03:11 PM
I wan't TJ Ford back :depressed

Rogue
07-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Dude doesn't have the dribbling skills to be an NBA-caliber PG imho, he might be a better dribbler than Danny Green but it doesn't say much does it?

Solid D
07-07-2013, 08:37 PM
You forgot Brent Barry.

Marrow
07-07-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm sure pop will try him at the 1 at some stage during the season but I honestly believe Marco would be best utilised playing off the ball

we already have a plethora of guards, hopefully one of thm can step up and take the backup PG role

PlayNando
07-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Dude doesn't have the dribbling skills to be an NBA-caliber PG imho, he might be a better dribbler than Danny Green but it doesn't say much does it?
Neither did Gary Neal, tbh. :lol

Poolboy5623
07-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Another thread has Marco as the backup Sf...pretty versatile guy, he must be? Can he play pf or c??

Sean Cagney
07-07-2013, 10:27 PM
I wan't TJ Ford back :depressed

I want 05 Brent Barry back!

PlayNando
07-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I want 05 Brent Barry back!
Brent was the shit. Even though he was a gringo, he had international intelligence. Great player, tbh...

I miss Beno, too. That was another international intelligence that Pop kicked to the curb. Is it a coincidence that the Spurs haven't won a title since he left? No.

Sean Cagney
07-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Brent was the shit. Even though he was a gringo, he had international intelligence. Great player, tbh...

I miss Beno, too. That was another international intelligence that Pop kicked to the curb. Is it a coincidence that the Spurs haven't won a title since he left? No.

Beno did not play more than Barry though in 05, so yeah Barry is the first I miss there. Beno got benched in 05 during the finals when he basically got his heart tooken in that series vs Detroit and got sat and never got it back here. I don't miss Beno at all here, he got better later in Sac. Beno had potential though and was a real PG.

sexinthatsx
07-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Beno was such a good backup at PG. He was the only backup point guard during the Duncan era that can pass really well (maybe with the exception of Jacque Vaughn)

Ice009
07-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Brent would have been great in the Gary Neal role, he could have really run that second unit. Brent used to get shat on by Pop for defensive mistakes and sometimes even benched after one or two bad plays on defense, yet from 2009 onwards, Pop played guys who were piss poor defenders and let them stay on the court rather than yanking them all the time after one mistake, which, as far as I recall he used to do with Brent quite often.

I also like the way Brent played in 2008 playoffs. He was really aggressive offensively in that Lakers series, but I guess Pop pissed him off so much with trying to trade him and also benching him at times, that he had enough and went to Houston instead.

mudyez
07-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Not sure why everyone is b**chig about the PG situation.

Ok, it was one of the weak points in the finals because TP was hobbled, CoJo still was too young and Manu played like crap, but I tell you what.

I feel great about PG come next season. In the regular season you have something for every situation:

Want some offensive TP imitation? Patty is always ready!
Want some pure playmaking? Nando has this creative passing game!
Want to have a pesky Defender? CoJo is one of the best at it and is getting better every day!
Want to have a big PG? Manu will play better next season!

Come playoffs I feel pretty good about CoJo and even Nando. Just look at the improvement CoJo had over the last 12 months! He at least will be a servicable backup and if TP goes down we are skrewed anyway.

therealtruth
07-08-2013, 08:27 PM
What I loved about TJ Ford is he didn't care to shoot. He was interested in getting everybody else going. I think that is more important on our team with so many different offensive weapons. We don't need a score first point guard just one that can keep everyone involved.