07-08-2013, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bbkd8UGSAg

:toast

exstatic
07-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Don't care what shit he has to spew.

Leetonidas
07-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Someone give me some notes, not gonna watch 35 minutes of that shit stain whining

coyotes_geek
07-08-2013, 09:14 AM
tl;dw

Leetonidas
07-08-2013, 09:16 AM
I fast forwarded to the Spurs parts...Jack's kinda delusional but I guess he was somewhat respectful of the Spurs and Pop, at least he didn't put them down too much. But "Pop still cares about me" and "Pop only cares about 3 guys" is retarded.

Most of that interview isn't too bad, he only talks about SA for like 4 minutes. I still think he's probably sugar coating a little bit and he was probably much more of a prick than he lets on. I think it's also funny he doesn't mention Manu in the list of people he's friends with still :lol

tenbeersbold
07-08-2013, 10:22 AM
We almost beat Miami w/o him,we have him coming off the bench,we win its that simple.

Was a huge mistake to cut him before the PO's

McGrady contributed nothing at all Jax wouldna gone out like that

Second unit missed that guy who could create his own shot and drive to the basket/post up

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2013, 10:33 AM
We almost beat Miami w/o him,we have him coming off the bench,we win its that simple.

Second unit missed that guy who could create his own shot and drive to the basket/post up

I agree with your last sentence..too bad Stephen Jackson can no longer do any of those things and hasn't been able to for years, tbh:lol..

dbestpro
07-08-2013, 10:39 AM
In defense of Jax, his height alone would have altered some shots on the perimeter, and his play might have helped Manu to commit a few less turnovers. Reality is we lost. Reality is he may have made a difference. Too bad Pop handled the situation like a Kobe.

Bill_Brasky
07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
I'll always love Jack for 03 but he was so fucking lazy and shitty the second time around. One of the first training camp vids last year showed him bricking a bunch of three's saying "i haven't touched a bball since OKC, been in the studio". Really dude? You're getting paid how much again? Because I'm pretty sure Kawhi Leonard just spent his whole summer in the gym.

Glad Pop finally soured on his worthlessness. Doesn't send a good message to be playing a guy like that still. And he's also not that great a rapper.

K-State Spur
07-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Given that the majority of his minutes went to Green, Neal, & Kawhi - all of whom had strong series, Jax would have offered virtually no upgrade over any of them. Maybe as a small ball 4, but even Diaw was playing at a pretty high level.

Not that we couldn't have used a little bit of make love to pressure Captain Jack, but for all the talk of Manu's 2013 regression - Jack was 37/27/70 when he was released. He wasn't rebounding or defending either. He looked washed up.

TrainOfThought5
07-08-2013, 11:02 AM
you take out Ginobili and add Jax and we're talking about realistically repeating next year for the first time in franchise history.

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2013, 11:31 AM
:lmao did these posters actually watch Stephen Jackson play, tbh?..

He was arguably the worst rotation player in the NBA this past season..he would have died against Miami's pressure defense, tbh..

There's a reason teams aren't interested in him, in addition to being a cancer, tbh..

210baller
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
All these "what ifs" and "should've been's" are pointless. jax wasn't here, end of story. Can't change a damn thing about it now. I find it funny that he can't stand Manu now. I remember back in 03 after they won the ship. He was sitting up at the podium with Manu talking about how he wanted to play the rest of his career with him. Hahaha pathetic.

Cane
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
And on top of that he'd probably set a poor tone for the refs and grab untimely technical like vs OKC

What a crazy roller coaster ride it has been for the Spurs SF position....

DPG21920
07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I fast forwarded to the Spurs parts...Jack's kinda delusional but I guess he was somewhat respectful of the Spurs and Pop, at least he didn't put them down too much. But "Pop still cares about me" and "Pop only cares about 3 guys" is retarded.

Most of that interview isn't too bad, he only talks about SA for like 4 minutes. I still think he's probably sugar coating a little bit and he was probably much more of a prick than he lets on. I think it's also funny he doesn't mention Manu in the list of people he's friends with still :lol

Did he mention Duncan? Because if so, that puts a pin in all the Jackson/Amy talk.

Mel_13
07-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Jack's poor attitude and lack of professionalism got him kicked off of the team, and this was after the Spurs rescued him from NBA purgatory. He's been his own worst enemy his entire career who typically ends his tenure with a team on bad terms. If he had accepted his role, he could have stayed on the team, made some sort of contribution, and still be employed in the NBA. He's on the outside looking in due to his own actions.

Spursfanfromafar
07-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Jackson was the worst player on the Spurs this season and possible bottom 10 in the whole of the NBA. An utter liability. Zero offense, below average defense and basically useless all year long. Only his past reputation kept him in the team for as long as it did, before Pop pulled the plug, afraid he may hurt the team's chemistry.

In a way, my only complaint the whole season was that he didn't get traded at the deadline. If the Spurs had been aggressive in getting rid of him and his expiring contract, they might have got atleast one more decent rotation player instead of the TMac corpse that the Spurs were carrying in the postseason.

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Jackson was the worst player on the Spurs this season and possible bottom 10 in the whole of the NBA. An utter liability. Zero offense, below average defense and basically useless all year long. Only his past reputation kept him in the team for as long as it did, before Pop pulled the plug, afraid he may hurt the team's chemistry.

In a way, my only complaint the whole season was that he didn't get traded at the deadline. If the Spurs had been aggressive in getting rid of him and his expiring contract, they might have got atleast one more decent rotation player instead of the TMac corpse that the Spurs were carrying in the postseason.

Yep, and that was my problem as well, I made a thread about it..

Jackson as a player is horrible and finished, but his contract could have netted the Spurs a decent wing in return, unfortunately..

tenbeersbold
07-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Say all you want,Sjax woulda done more than Tmac and thats a fact

Just his size and length/strength and post up ability(No Homo!) would've steadied the second unit during those scoring droughts where they just relied on Gary and Manu to jack up desperation 3's at the end of the shot clock

C'mon dude lived for the big moment,I just know he woulda had a 20 point game in the Finals if he had been able.

I'll never forget Sjax during the OKC WCF...""If you're scared,go to church" THAT was calling out the team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm6hepN6L84

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I hope he put away a lot of the money that he earned because I think the best he can hope for is a minimum contract. His NBA career might be over.

stephen jackson
07-08-2013, 01:13 PM
i love jacl, obviously, but those 3s ended up meaning nothing.

romsho
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Did he mention Duncan? Because if so, that puts a pin in all the Jackson/Amy talk.

Actually, I think Jackson's face "put a pin" in any Jackson/Amy talk. I think another poster said he looked like "The Black Grinch?" Right. Not a chance.

tenbeersbold
07-08-2013, 01:16 PM
i love jacl, obviously, but those 3s ended up meaning nothing.
BS,they meant EVERYTHING,if every other player on the Spurs had just a little bit of that confidence/swagger we woulda won that series and not folded

Sjax brought it,everyone else wilted under the pressure.

You could see the panic/fear in the Spurs eyes after game 4 sad indeed

spursince#99
07-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Didn't listen lol

:lol

ChumpDumper
07-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Emo spurfan continues to retcon the finals.

Spur|n|Austin
07-08-2013, 01:24 PM

A huge mistake would have been leaving someone who's actions were "detrimental to the younger guys" on our roster. This team has never stood for players who have shouting matches with their coaches, and never will as long as it continues to run the wrong way. The Finals are over, we lost. Get over it.

Bill_Brasky
07-08-2013, 01:26 PM

Just his size and length/strength and post up ability(No Homo!) would've steadied the second unit during those scoring droughts where they just relied on Gary and Manu to jack up desperation 3's at the end of the shot clock

C'mon dude lived for the big moment,I just know he woulda had a 20 point game in the Finals if he had been able.

I'll never forget Sjax during the OKC WCF...""If you're scared,go to church" THAT was calling out the team

Fuckin Jack. Always such a wild card.

Poolboy5623
07-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Why are they still giving this turd, interviews?

monkeypunk
07-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Bet Jack ends up with the Mavs on a vet min.

ffadicted
07-08-2013, 02:42 PM

He was arguably the worst rotation player in the NBA this past season..he would have died against Miami's pressure defense, tbh..

There's a reason teams aren't interested in him, in addition to being a cancer, tbh..

TBH Harlem it's about time you realize that majority of people don't actually understand anything about basketball in here lol IDK what motivates you to always argue with them lol

phxspurfan
07-08-2013, 03:02 PM

Jack was released about 2 games before the playoffs and wasn't eligible to be on a playoff roster.

And "worst rotation player in the NBA?" I thought that honor went to Gary Neal. Or Bonner. Or the other Spurs that Spur Fan likes to throw under the bus after each and every loss.

FkLA
07-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Jack is delusional about both his current basketball ability and his 'rapping'. Seriously he is one shitty ass rapper and he acts like hes big time tbh.

Leetonidas
07-08-2013, 04:07 PM

He did mention Timmy. I think he specifically mentioned Danny, Kawhi, Tim, and someone else, can't remember atm

taps
07-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Tough timing with the SI " most overpaid player" article, the interview, and the inactive games that followed.

Leetonidas
07-08-2013, 04:16 PM

And in the fourth quarter when it mattered he didn't do jack shit so stfu with that bullshit.

But fuck man we were up 18 in the first half...how did we lose that shit :depressed

Leetonidas
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Jack was released about 2 games before the playoffs and wasn't eligible to be on a playoff roster.

And "worst rotation player in the NBA?" I thought that honor went to Gary Neal. Or Bonner. Or the other Spurs that Spur Fan likes to throw under the bus after each and every loss.
Um, no. Jackson was easily one of the worst players in the entire league and injured Neal and soft ass Bonner were light years better than him this season. WTF team were you watching?

Johnny RIngo
07-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Jackson was terrible last season. A locker room cancer and an absolute piece of shit on the court. One of the worst players in the league. BUT...he was right about Manu. Ginobili was getting too much minutes and Pop blindly trusted him too much...and they both ended up costing the Spurs a championship.

adonis827
07-08-2013, 04:36 PM
So what is the story between Jack and Manu? I think I miss that part.

Trill Clinton
07-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Jack is delusional about both his current basketball ability and his 'rapping'. Seriously he is one shitty ass rapper and he acts like hes big time tbh.

This.

Rogue
07-08-2013, 05:08 PM
S-Jax used to be a gangsta but he's done now tbh. Even in his prime he was one of my least favorite NBA players despite his initials being SJ, and the current TOSB version of him can't do a damn thing good for his team on neither end of the floor. Some players age like wine while some others like cigars, and the current SJ is nothing but a cigar butt now imho

elemento
07-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Delusional

Let's see if he finds a team willing to give him more than the min. SA gave him his last fat paycheck.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Danny green was most affected by Jacks bullshit. He started stroking RIGHT after Jack was cut. Now, subtract Danny Greens entire playoff shooting, and you'll see that we never get to Finals game 6, period.

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Delusional

Let's see if he finds a team willing to give him more than the min. SA gave him his last fat paycheck.

i think he is living the fantasyland where he thinks he is still worth $10 million.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 05:48 PM
you take out Ginobili and add Jax and we're talking about realistically repeating next year for the first time in franchise history.

No.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Won't get 10M but he'll end up on a roster somewhere.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Won't get 10M but he'll end up on a roster somewhere.

No.

BackHome
07-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Hell if Manu can get 14 mill then SJAX can get something.

weebo
07-08-2013, 07:40 PM
SJ committed career suicide by not putting his time in the gym last Summer and acting like a malcontent during the season. Had he kept his mouth shut and provided leadership to some of the younger guys on the team this year, he would have latched on some team for one last pay day.

Instead, he'll spend his last few dollars eating junk crap, making shitty rap albums, and buying his ugly kids and fat wife expensive gifts. This guy's future is at the unemployment line...in 3 years...tops.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Hell if Manu can get 14 mill then SJAX can get something.

Manu isn't known as a locker room cancer that no coach can handle.

BackHome
07-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Good point..:)

jimo2305
07-09-2013, 01:03 AM
stop being pussies and just watch the damn thing.. he starts talking about the spurs at 12:40

it was pretty interesting overall tho.. definitely could've used him against miami

Johnny RIngo
07-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Even if Jackson was utter dogshit, he was right about Manu being done. Takes a TOSB to recognize another TOSB