PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Clippers vs Rockets

StrengthAndHonor
07-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Which team is better this coming season?

better starting 5?
system?
bench players?
higher ceiling?

jeebus
07-08-2013, 09:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OXoe96X.png

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I think the clippers will be a top 4 seed in the west and the rockets will be a 5 or 6 seed this year.

j-money24
07-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Clips are going to surprise alot of people this year, I think they got a good chance to get the best record in the west

Thread
07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
^It doesn't get MSM exposure but CPO hates Jordan with like a passion.

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 03:20 PM
We shall see. should be interesting.

Clipper Nation
07-08-2013, 03:32 PM
^It doesn't get MSM exposure but CPO hates Jordan with like a passion.
So do the fans, he's a clown.... Doc thinks he has potential as a defensive anchor but I'm not buying it, they were going to ship his ass out until Stern blocked it, after all....

Thread
07-08-2013, 03:34 PM
So do the fans, he's a clown.... Doc thinks he has potential as a defensive anchor but I'm not buying it, they were going to ship his ass out until Stern blocked it, after all....

Who, CPO or Jordan?

StrengthAndHonor
07-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Who, CPO or Jordan?

DJ man,

I think Rockets and Clippers will be meeting in the WCF this year. If Rockets keeps Asik, they have the advantage, if they swap him for a stretch 4, the Clippers are definitely going to the Finals this year.

StrengthAndHonor
07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I think the clippers will be a top 4 seed in the west and the rockets will be a 5 or 6 seed this year.

Barring injury, the Clippers will have the best record in the West. I think Rockets will be 3rd or 4th.

Thread
07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
DJ man,

I think Rockets and Clippers will be meeting in the WCF this year. If Rockets keeps Asik, they have the advantage, if they swap him for a stretch 4, the Clippers are definitely going to the Finals this year.

I was being facetious.

Rogue
07-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Clippers will be the better team next season, barring major injuries. Similar talent level and basketball IQ but the Clippers got a better coach which's gonna be the tie-breaker imho.

1st tier: Spurs
2nd tier: OKC, Clippers and Memphis
3rd tier: Warriors, Dallas and Rockets

so there's gonna be a dogfight among the likes of Minny, Pelicans, Lakers and possibly Blazers for the last playoff spot. Utah and Denver are fucked and will be irrelevant for years to come imho

j-money24
07-08-2013, 06:16 PM
^ Dallas will not make the playoffs

Kai
07-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I honestly have no idea how good the Rockets can be. Change in offensive philosophy. Harden's first time with a superstar big. Dwight's health. Chemistry building. At least 1 of our 3 young PFs need to step up. Parsons' and Beverley's continued growth. McHale. Jeremy Lin.

racm
07-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Starting 5:

Paul >>>>>>> Rin
Harden >>>>> Redick
Parsons > Dudley
Griffin >>> whoever the Rox start at the 4 unless they experiment with a Twin Towers setup
Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jordan

Coaching:

Doc may be black but McHale is one of the dumber white coaches, tbh....

Bench:

PatBev/JA/Cisco/TJ/D-Mo is a decent group, but the Clips have Crawford, Barnes, and Collison...

StrengthAndHonor
07-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I honestly have no idea how good the Rockets can be. Change in offensive philosophy. Harden's first time with a superstar big. Dwight's health. Chemistry building. At least 1 of our 3 young PFs need to step up. Parsons' and Beverley's continued growth. McHale. Jeremy Lin.

I think chemistry is going to be the least of your issues. Dwight, Harden and Parsons all seems to like one another. Dwight will have a superb year and I feel Harden will make Dwight's transition easier.

I don't like your Bench and Coach though, this is where the Clippers shines. I just really feel good this year. I know we're going to the Finals (healthy). I just don't know if we can beat Miami.

Rogue
07-09-2013, 12:20 AM
DH is better than Demonkey Jordan but the gap isn't that big imho. Dudley is a "championship caliber" role player so I guess he and Parsons cancel off each other at SF. Harden is twice the player whoever the Clippers afford to put at SG, while Paul is 10 times the player Rin is. Asik will probably get converted into a starting PF or a 6th man via a trade. The biggest problem with the Rockets is that they will have to continue playing a yellow liability on their backcourt, which will hold themselves back, and probably cause unrest in the locker room