PDA

View Full Version : We don't beat Thunder if Westbrook healthy last season

SpursFan4-Life
07-08-2013, 10:29 AM
We blew our chance to win that final title for this franchise, Duncan retires after next season and we never win a title again, simple as that

Jordan and the Bulls won nothing before and after MJ, some teams have their time and they just go away after that. That was it, we had our shot, it's over

Johnny RIngo
07-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Ginobili and Pop blew our chance to win that final title for this franchise, Duncan retires after next season and we never win a title again, simple as that

Jordan and the Bulls won nothing before and after MJ, some teams have their time and they just go away after that. That was it, we had our shot, it's over

fixd

Kindergarten Cop
07-08-2013, 10:32 AM
We blew our chance to win that final title for this franchise, Duncan retires after next season and we never win a title again, simple as that

I genuinely feel for you then, considering that you are a SpursFan4-Life.

RD2191
07-08-2013, 10:36 AM
:lmao

SpursFan4-Life
07-08-2013, 10:38 AM
I genuinely feel for you then, considering that you are a SpursFan4-Life.

I will always be a Spurs fan, but it's just the reality, WE DON'T GET STAR FREE AGENTS IN THEIR PRIME

?That's the reality of having a team in San Antonio. We are the luckiest franchise in all of sports to be honest. Look at all the #1 picks that turn out be busts or just good players and ultimately do nothing for their franchise. We got damn lucky getting Robinson, then he gets hurt for one year and we get the greatest PF of all time in Duncan. We still can't get free agents who are stars for shit and we happen to draft HOF players with the 28th and 58th pick. Pure luck and blessing from the sports gods. Even after all this we still can't get ANYONE in their prime to join who is an All Star player. After the 14-15 season, Duncan/Manu/Parker all off the books and we are officially lottery team for the next 50 years. Pop is gone with Duncan. It's just the reality, that was our shot at #5, we blew it, but it was a good run

thunderup
07-08-2013, 10:38 AM

Strongly disagree.

dallasmaverickslose
07-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh God please stop with this.

SpursFan4-Life
07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Strongly disagree.

why do you disagree? We are who we are because of our draft picks that turned out to be ALL TIME GREAT PICKS. We can't build via free agents for shit. We win title after title, always in contention but can't get anyone to come to SA

let's be real, unless we luck into another all time HOF player the Spurs are going to be in some dark times for many years after next season. We won't be any better then the Timberwolves or Magic

people forget how pathetic the Spurs were before Robinson showed, who was an all time #1 pick

dbestpro
07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
We didn't beat the Thunder, anyway. Memphis did.

SpursFan4-Life
07-08-2013, 10:51 AM
We didn't beat the Thunder, anyway. Memphis did.

he got hurt, that's the point, we were lucky

Spurs just don't matchup well against the Thunder, the Durant/Westbrook combo is just a nightmare for us. The Heat matched up better that's why we had a chance to win, the thunder don't have to worry about 35 year Manu with 8 TOs and Duncan having single handedly carry a team at 37 years old

coyotes_geek
07-08-2013, 10:54 AM
While we're obsessing about alternate realities, we also don't win the title in 2007 if the Spurs would have played the dream team instead of the Cleveland cavaliers.

bklynspursfan
07-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Spurs were not losing to OKC 2 years in a row. Actually, OKC was not going to shoot out of their minds 2 years in a row. Just like they handled Memphis, they would've had that same motivation to beat OKC after losing to them.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 10:57 AM

You need to register a new handle, because you are most certainly NOT a Spurs fan for life. I think SpursDebbieDowner may be available.

Mel_13
07-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Do you feel better now that you have that off your chest?

exstatic
07-08-2013, 10:58 AM
he got hurt, that's the point, we were lucky

Spurs just don't matchup well against the Thunder, the Durant/Westbrook combo is just a nightmare for us. The Heat matched up better that's why we had a chance to win, the thunder don't have to worry about 35 year Manu with 8 TOs and Duncan having single handedly carry a team at 37 years old

Harden was the nightmare. Without him, we would be coming off TWO Finals appearances.

Chinook
07-08-2013, 10:58 AM
The Spurs would have curb-stomped the Thunder. No joke. After Game 4 of the WCSF, the Spurs went into full buzz-saw mode. OKC without Harden wasn't going to stop them.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2013, 11:01 AM
The emo is getting a little tiresome.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Shut up!! Who cares. Are you a band wagon fan. I rooted for the Cowboys when they were 1-15. I was a kid, but I still loved them. Even though they sucked for years now, I still root for them.

At least the Spurs don't have an Owner/GM like Jerry Jones running the show. Spurs won't be irrelevant until Parker is gone. If they can just add one more franchise type of player to go along with Kawhi, they should be set for years.

Quit bitching. There are 30 teams in NBA, so probability wise, the Spurs should only win 1 championship every 30 years. They have won 4 in less than 40, so the Spurs have won more than their share.

Man In Black
07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
17 posts in with a name like that and all you post is NEGATIVITY?

I have one question - HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?

For them to win the 2012 WCF, it took Harden going Nintendo from the arc in Game 5 and then the Spurs Big 3 not getting help from anyone else. For Game 6 that year, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green, Boris Diaw, Tiago Splitter, and Gary Neal combined for 12 points. Technically, it was just Kawhi and Gary that scored 12 points, that means those other guys scored ZERO.
It's always going to take improvements from the other players to help keep the Big 3 aloft. Although, I consider Kawhi's ascension and Manu's descent is an important step as the Spurs come into 2013-2014.

As for FA... The world is changing with CBA and player movement. A perceived Top Player in the NBA WILLINGLY left the LAL to get paid LESS somewhere else. Players like Al Jefferson and Josh Smith are taking LESS as they move on to other teams.

As for OKC, they need a capable 3rd scorer who can playmake and defend, they're lost without Harden and now they don't even have Kevin Martin.

So why you say that? I think you should change your name to SpursFanunsureaboutSpursLife.

hooperflash
07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
We would've beat them, zip it.

Fireball
07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Who says Spurs will not be able to acquire a Superstar once they are able to offer a max contract again? They had their Superstars in Robinson and Duncan for over 20years ...

exstatic
07-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I actually can't WAIT to face those fuckers again.

SpursChampsIII
07-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Loser mentality = Loser

Interrohater
07-08-2013, 11:17 AM
While we're obsessing about alternate realities, we also don't win the title in 2007 if the Spurs would have played the dream team instead of the Cleveland cavaliers.
:lol i rarely lol, but this one made me giggle

Darkwaters
07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
The emo is getting a little tiresome.

Seriously. If you don't think theres any hope then quit being a fan and stop posting this stupid bullshit. Go watch NASCAR or professional golf instead.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Seriously. If you don't think theres any hope then quit being a fan and stop posting this stupid bullshit. Go watch NASCAR or professional golf instead.

Cosigned. Go to a forum for women's menstrual issues if you feel that bad. They might have something to help you. We certainly don't.

Richard Simmons
07-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Cosigned. Go to a forum for women's menstrual issues if you feel that bad. They might have something to help you. We certainly don't.

look_at_g_shred
07-08-2013, 11:45 AM
:wakeup

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Spurs can beat the Thunder, it's the Heat that are still the toughest road to go through.

CubanMustGo
07-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Thank you so much for posting this original topic. Will recommend to my friends and family.

Baam
07-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Maybe, maybe not. But this team defenitely lucked out with the way the Western conference POs played out and we're not getting a better scenario next year...

The_Coyote
07-08-2013, 12:05 PM
The Spurs have always been a successful team. As a franchise, we have never missed the playoffs in two straight years, and we only missed the playoffs three times in our first 15 years in the league. We have always had a winning culture in San Antonio. I just can't see that going away even after Tim and Pop leave. It would take a dramatic FO overhaul for the worse to make the Spurs a perennial lottery team.

And even if they somehow become a perennial lottery team, I will still love the Spurs. That is what a true fan does. God I swear some of y'all are so spoiled it's sickening.

look_at_g_shred
07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
The Spurs have always been a successful team. As a franchise, we have never missed the playoffs in two straight years, and we only missed the playoffs three times in our first 15 years in the league. We have always had a winning culture in San Antonio. I just can't see that going away even after Tim and Pop leave. It would take a dramatic FO overhaul for the worse to make the Spurs a perennial lottery team.

And even if they somehow become a perennial lottery team, I will still love the Spurs. That is what a true fan does. God I swear some of y'all are so spoiled it's sickening.

Stabula
07-08-2013, 01:31 PM
What a crock of shit. The Spurs are a much better team than OKC without Harden and with an improved Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard we probably would have still beat them if they had Harden.

Darkwaters
07-08-2013, 01:51 PM
What a crock of shit. The Spurs are a much better team than OKC without Harden and with an improved Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard we probably would have still beat them if they had Harden.

OKC traded the wrong guard.

Spur|n|Austin
07-08-2013, 01:52 PM
What position did you play this season, OP?

Darkwaters
07-08-2013, 01:55 PM
What position did you play this season, OP?

Back-up Punter...

Big Empty
07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
So are you gonna change your name from Spursfan4-life to Spursfantill-duncanretires?

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Even if Westbrook had been healthy the spurs would have taken the thunder in 6 games. Trading Harden dropped them below the spurs.

Spur|n|Austin
07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Back-up Punter...

:lol

Or Right Guard - Left Tackle - guard the right side of the bench and tackle anyone who tries to drink from the water cooler.

silverblk mystix
07-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I will always be a Spurs fan, but it's just the reality, WE DON'T GET STAR FREE AGENTS IN THEIR PRIME

?That's the reality of having a team in San Antonio. We are the luckiest franchise in all of sports to be honest. Look at all the #1 picks that turn out be busts or just good players and ultimately do nothing for their franchise. We got damn lucky getting Robinson, then he gets hurt for one year and we get the greatest PF of all time in Duncan. We still can't get free agents who are stars for shit and we happen to draft HOF players with the 28th and 58th pick. Pure luck and blessing from the sports gods. Even after all this we still can't get ANYONE in their prime to join who is an All Star player. After the 14-15 season, Duncan/Manu/Parker all off the books and we are officially lottery team for the next 50 years. Pop is gone with Duncan. It's just the reality, that was our shot at #5, we blew it, but it was a good run

So there is light at the end of the long, dark tunnel.

Rogue
07-08-2013, 04:34 PM
It's hard to say imho. OKC would've been much tougher to beat with Westchuck healthy and his heart in the ribcage, but the spurs would've still ended up winning it. they were weakened by the Harden deal while the spurs had improved from the prior season with the young talents growing into consistent rotational players. If they hadn't traded harden and had a healthy Westchuck against the spurs then the series would've been a toss-up maybe.

Jdspur20
07-08-2013, 05:16 PM

Your time on this board should be over.

spurraider21
07-08-2013, 05:21 PM
obvious troll account is obvious. we were better than last year, and OKC was worse than last year.

monkeypunk
07-08-2013, 05:24 PM
It's hard to say imho. OKC would've been much tougher to beat with Westchuck healthy and his heart in the ribcage, but the spurs would've still ended up winning it. they were weakened by the Harden deal while the spurs had improved from the prior season with the young talents growing into consistent rotational players. If they hadn't traded harden and had a healthy Westchuck against the spurs then the series would've been a toss-up maybe.

If they still had Harden, the scales tip in their favor. Without him, no way we lose to them last year, if everyone is healthy.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 05:26 PM
OKC traded the wrong guard.

I've said that since day one. If they trade Westbrick, they can then give the five year extension to the better guard: Harden.

HemisfairArena
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Depends. If they get the same refs as the year before than yes. They called everything against us in the 4thQ of those games against the Thunder in the WCF's.

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Without Harden, the thunder are a solid playoff team but are no longer a threat to get back to the finals.

HemisfairArena
07-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Without Harden, the thunder are a solid playoff team but are no longer a threat to get back to the finals.

How can you say that? They won 60+ games last year and were the #1 seed in the West...all without Harden. Only reason they didnt go as far as they were expected was because losing one of their big 2. Who can lose one of their top 2 players and still win? Imagine if we lost Parker or Duncan...we definately wouldnt have reached the Finals.

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 06:38 PM
How can you say that? They won 60+ games last year and were the #1 seed in the West...all without Harden. Only reason they didnt go as far as they were expected was because losing one of their big 2. Who can lose one of their top 2 players and still win? Imagine if we lost Parker or Duncan...we definately wouldnt have reached the Finals.

I think that the thunder will be solid next year and they may still win 60 games but I think that Harden was the difference maker as far as getting that team to the finals. I could be wrong though.

exstatic
07-08-2013, 07:36 PM

We were the #1 seed on a few occasions, and didn't make the WCFs, let alone the Finals. It's not unheard of.

OKC has fallen back.

CaptainLate
07-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Everyone will be a year older in 2013-2014. But if everyone stays healthy, I like the Spurs chances of coming out of the West. Probably will need home court advantage and not have meltdowns to beat the Heat.

KaiRMD1
07-08-2013, 10:09 PM
tbh, I'm not sure the Thunder even beat the Grizzlies with Westbrook healthy

cjw
07-08-2013, 11:36 PM

Did the 2000's Pistons sign a star FA in their prime? Did the first Heat team (Eddie Jones doesn't count and they traded for Shaq)? Did the Mavs? The Celtics had to trade for their stars (Al Jefferson, Jeff Green) though not in the same boat as the prior ones.

Plenty of teams got stars in their prime and stink. Would you rather be a Knicks fan right now if that's the most important thing to you? If so, have fun.

-21-
07-09-2013, 12:00 AM
The way the Spurs played in the playoffs, I think we would've beaten the Thunder. We got lucky sure, the road to the Finals got much easier but I think we still make it to the Finals with the Thunder fully healthy.

Sean Cagney
07-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Spurs can beat the Thunder, it's the Heat that are still the toughest road to go through.

PERIOD END OF STORY! THANK God though no Heat and Thunder finals this year! My God that one was boring as hell and during the year Thunder got blown out by them twice, it is clear they are scared of them and no match for the Heat. I would not have watched the finals if it was those two against eachother again, seriously sucked.

Kidd K
07-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Yeah about that, Westbrook isn't as good as his stats indicate and he's advertised as.

We lost to the Thunder in 2012 because Harden killed us and Ibaka had a miracle game (not to mention got away with like 12 goaltends and he and Perkins were setting moving screens all series), not because of Westbrook.

Westbrook shoots 6.4% below his career average against us (36.8%), and less than 18 PPG. Parker shoots 48% on him. He hasn't exactly been blowing the doors off the Spurs.

So no, we wouldn't have lost. OKC minus Harden is significantly worse than they were before even with Martin. We probably would've won in 5-6. OKC isn't as good as they used to be. Harden was a big reason they were a real contender. They're still a contender, just not scary anymore.