PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Yahoo Report: Kobe Was Enraged At Dwight's Clownish Behavior

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Kobe just keeping it real par the course :toast

In the latest column by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rockets-give-dwight-howard-what-lakers--kobe-wouldn-t--unconditional-love-061137592.html), it appears that Bryant's unwillingness to coddle Howard played an influential role in his ultimate decision. After Bryant's involvement in the recruitment process leaked out, so too did word of Bryant's displeasure of all the fun and games Howard was having in the Laker locker room.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen. He hated it with Shaquille O'Neal, but Shaq performed on a championship plane for the Lakers and delivered a disposition to dominate on the floor."

This doesn't come much as of a surprise as Bryant's serious demeanor often clashed with Howard's bubbling, childish behavior during the season. Bryant clearer wasn't going to allow Howard to have his way on a team he hasn't even earned the right to lead, and reportedly spoke to Howard in a way that he wasn't accustomed to.

"Kobe talked to Dwight in a way that I don't think anyone one had ever talked to him - not in Orlando, not here, not in his life, I'm betting," one witness in the room told Yahoo! Sports. "He's been coddled, and Kobe wasn't going to coddle him."

Howard chose the Rockets over the Lakers on Friday night, saying he believes Houston gives him the best chance to win an NBA title.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/17813/20130708/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-kobe-bryant-reportedly-raged-dwight-howard-free-agent-houston-rockets-phil-jackson-nba-2013-update-report.htm

Clipper Nation
07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Kool still salty par the course :toast

ElNono
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
ran him outta townPERIOD

MeloHype
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pg6Sd5k.jpg

Raven
07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
kobe : "if you want to win you need to suck my cock, that's how teams win, i can show it to ya but you've got to swallow too"
dwight: "i'll keep you in touch..."

redzero
07-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Seeing how Kobe reacted to other Team USA player's antics, this doesn't surprise me at all.

AchillesHeel
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
10 bucks Kirby actually layed his hands on Dwight.

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Seeing how Kobe reacted to other Team USA player's antics, this doesn't surprise me at all.

I know yall hate the guy but this is what I adore him for most of all...these guys already get millions to play a game at least you can do is take the shit seriously...Dwight has all day before and after the game to clown around....Kobe is from a different mental generation...those guys like Bird, Dr J., Magic, MJ, Russell, Kareem, Wilt...they didn't clown around like that..it was all business for them...

Mad respect from Kool to Kobe for respecting the game and the fans that pay their money...

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Shaq, Chuck even JVG have all called out Dwight foe either being shook by LA pressure, not being a true franchise player, or not willing to put in work to be great. It has been interesting. Except Shaq what motive would these guys have for killing Dwight? Funny that everyone wanted him despite his flaws.

UZER
07-08-2013, 12:47 PM
I know yall hate the guy but this is what I adore him for most of all...these guys already get millions to play a game at least you can do is take the shit seriously...Dwight has all day before and after the game to clown around....Kobe is from a different mental generation...those guys like Bird, Dr J., Magic, MJ, Russell, Kareem, Wilt...they didn't clown around like that..it was all business for them...

Mad respect from Kool to Kobe for respecting the game and the fans that pay their money...

You mean the same MJ that was able to keep the biggest clown the NBA has ever seen, Dennis Rodman, in check? Dont remember MJ running Dennis out of town.

baseline bum
07-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Shaq, Chuck even JVG have all called out Dwight foe either being shook by LA pressure, not being a true franchise player, or not willing to put in work to be great. It has been interesting. Except Shaq what motive would these guys have for killing Dwight? Funny that everyone wanted him despite his flaws.

He ran JVG's brother out of his job in Orlando.

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 12:49 PM

the hardcore reality is there's only two players that actually came to win a title last year it was Kobe and MWP..everyone else was looking at the other person to do their job...Nash despite injuries didn't play hard at all in my book...Pau was doing the same thing Nash was doing....Dwight was clowning around all season long...Kobe gave him until after the ASG to get right physically but the guy was still hell bent on clowning...Kobe and MWP showed up to try to win a title imo....everyone else was just star struck at each other

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 12:50 PM
He ran JVG's brother out of his job in Orlando.

I considered that and on mike and mike he mentioned that ... But he also talked about Brian hill and his problems coaching Dwight.if it was just svg only would be different and I don't think he was being biased.

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 12:51 PM
D12 should have stayed in Orlando where he could goog around and be himself and there wasn't as much pressure on him as there was in LA.

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 12:52 PM
the hardcore reality is there's only two players that actually came to win a title last year it was Kobe and MWP..everyone else was looking at the other person to do their job...Nash despite injuries didn't play hard at all in my book...Pau was doing the same thing Nash was doing....Dwight was clowning around all season long...Kobe gave him until after the ASG to get right physically but the guy was still hell bent on clowning...Kobe and MWP showed up to try to win a title imo....everyone else was just star struck at each other

Even if healthy that team was not getting past the WCF we just weren't good enough.

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 12:53 PM
You mean the same MJ that was able to keep the biggest clown the NBA has ever seen, Dennis Rodman, in check? Dont remember MJ running Dennis out of town.

You don't know what tha fuck you're talking about!!!!

MJ never spoke a word to Rodman...Phil talked to Dennis before he even laced up for the Bulls..in fact according to Phil MJ was still salty at Dennis and crying like a bitch when Dennis was going to sign so Phil asked Dennis to apologize to MJ for fucking him up all those yrs while in Detroit...:lol Dennis issued an apology to MJ to dry up his panties... MJ had ZERO control over Dennis...and he didn't fuck with Dennis because he knew he would likely get his ass kicked...Dennis wasn't no Steve Kerr...

You don't shit..keep your fucking mouth shut...:lol

DPG21920
07-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Well now Kobe can take comfort in knowing his clownish behavior (demanding trades, being a terrible teammate) has likely cost LA a shot at a title with him playing there.

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Even if healthy that team was not getting past the WCF we just weren't good enough.

^ to my point....when you don't show up to play you're not going to be good enough tbh

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Well now Kobe can take comfort in knowing his clownish behavior (demanding trades, being a terrible teammate) has likely cost LA a shot at a title with him playing there.

Is this Spur fan counseling someone on losing a title shot.... go figure :lmao man I could go so many places with that one...

lol @ DPG

UZER
07-08-2013, 12:57 PM

MJ never spoke a word to Rodman...Phil talked to Dennis before he even laced up for the Bulls..in fact according to Phil MJ was still salty at Dennis and crying like a bitch when Dennis was going to sign so Phil asked Dennis to apologize to MJ for fucking him up all those yrs while in Detroit...:lol Dennis issued an apology to MJ to dry up his panties... MJ had ZERO control over Dennis...and he didn't fuck with Dennis because he knew he would likely get his ass kicked...Dennis wasn't no Steve Kerr...

Wow. One of your worst basketball takes...ever.

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 01:04 PM

Hey Dumbass...It's not a take these are facts from Phil....:lol

Baseline
07-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Not to worry, Lakerfan...Chris Kaman doesn't clown. Kobe will get the best man for the job.

LkrFan
07-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I remember the Magic finally kicking MJ's ass en route to their only Finals appearance during Shaq's tenure. MJ was so distraught that he made a deal with the devil and went crawling to Dennis. Pathetic when you think about it - that he had to beg someone who used to kick his teeth in to come join him - so that he could get past the Magic.

MJ lucky Shaq went west. That team was stacked and only needed to mature to rule the EC for years to come.

:downspin:

Thread
07-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Kobe: 5

Howard: O

Duncan: 6

InK
07-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Ermm, what? Its true.

LkrFan
07-08-2013, 01:25 PM

Howard: O

5 > 6 :rollin :lmao :rollin

UZER
07-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Hey Dumbass...It's not a take these are facts from Phil....:lol

yes because Phil is the most honest man in America and would never take the opportunity embellish a story to make himself look better. I mean, we are talking about Phil Jackson.

you have to be a fucking idiot to not believe that MJ did not have control over Rodman on the court. I dont know who you guys suck harder, Phil or Kobe.

Bane.
07-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Jim Buss is a member of the League of ShaDDowwwsss. Here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on.

Stabula
07-08-2013, 01:44 PM
lol @ fans of the biggest failure in sports history

Thebesteva
07-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Jim Buss is a member of the League of ShaDDowwwsss. Here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on.

And Phil Jackson is Batman :hat........they expect one of us in the crash brother

Bane.
07-08-2013, 01:47 PM
And Phil Jackson is Batman :hat........they expect one of us in the crash brother

Phil is Alfred. Completely irrelevant to the situation.

Raven
07-08-2013, 01:49 PM

so to your point, not even mj felt the need to have control over his teammates, and yet somehow dwight has to listen to what kobe orders him...
makes perfect sense :lol

Thread
07-08-2013, 01:51 PM
5 > 6 :rollin :lmao :rollin

I still got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bane.
07-08-2013, 01:52 PM
A nuclear bomb has been placed within the Lakers. With Jerry being the only one who could turn it off, he has been permenatly terminated.

baseline bum
07-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I considered that and on mike and mike he mentioned that ... But he also talked about Brian hill and his problems coaching Dwight.if it was just svg only would be different and I don't think he was being biased.

Oh I agree that Howard is a douchebag and that JVG is right to criticize him. LOL Houston having to deal with his shit now.

DPG21920
07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
People who think Dwight "couldn't handle LA" or "couldn't handle the spotlight" are dumb IMO. That had nothing to do with it at all IMO. That is just Laker fan being annoying and thinking the world revolves around them. There are a multitude of reasons Dwight left and not being able to handle the spot light in LA is not even a major one.

Sure, a lot of what people say about Dwight is true, but that is just plain stupid.

Thebesteva
07-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Phil is Alfred. Completely irrelevant to the situation.

Your moms Alfred

Bane.
07-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Your moms Alfred

Superb comeback!! Can't say the same for your team. The fire rises!

Bane.
07-08-2013, 02:17 PM
People who think Dwight "couldn't handle LA" or "couldn't handle the spotlight" are dumb IMO. That had nothing to do with it at all IMO. That is just Laker fan being annoying and thinking the world revolves around them. There are a multitude of reasons Dwight left and not being able to handle the spot light in LA is not even a major one.

Sure, a lot of what people say about Dwight is true, but that is just plain stupid.
They think prestige is their ally. But Jim was born in it. Molded by it. He didn't see failure until he was already a man. By then it was nothing to him but BLINDING!!!

Thread
07-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Sure, a lot of what people say about Dwight is true, but

tee, hee.

spurraider21
07-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Superb comeback!! Can't say the same for your team. The fire rises!
Actually the lakers had killer comebacks vs the fuckin hornets and raptors :lol

Proxy
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Hey, the guy takes his job seriously. Good for him. They're millionaires after all.

Thread
07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Actually the lakers had killer comebacks vs the fuckin hornets and raptors :lol

& Celtics. That's how it got to:::

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 6

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 03:09 PM

I disagree. I dont think they are saying he could not handle, so much as saying he did not want to or would not thrive under that sort of pressure. Me personally, I agree he made the best short-term basketball decision. So the "why" really doesnt matter. Take all bias out of the argument and Rox has the best team he could join out of his suitors. His choice was not unlike Lebron's. If you killed Lebron for not staying to be the franchise pillar for the Cavs, then Dwight deserves the same. If you argue he made a great decision to enhance his chance of winning he deserves the same pass Lebron got. I prefer Lebron as a player and though he has had some shaky moments here and there, as a warrior. Difference is I truly believe that Lebron could of won in Cleveland (eventually) or anywhere else. not sure of the same with Dwight if he stayed in L.A. So I get it.

But DPG, dont act as though the pressure to win in LA is the same as other places. in Sa, even as Manu was turning the ball over and bricking a clutch FT, plenty here still defended him. Dwight does the same in LA and gets crucified. It IS different. IF you never lived there ...you can't understand what it's like. It's like the Yankees, or MANU you have to be built for dat shit. And it's not just dwight, plenty of really good shooters lost their stroke coming to play for L.A. It's just diffrent. that is not hubris or trying to make excuses, he left. Im over it. And im sure it played a part. Sure, DPG it wasnt the only reason, which I stated above, basketball wise it made sense. But I do think he is not built for the Celts/Laker/Knicks/Sixers those fanbases would of crushed him, tbh. He has a better chance to thrive in Houston, a good size market, decent city, good and more forgiving fans. He would of even been better off in SA ...tbh. Pop would of been great and duncan could of taught him a thing or two. And I lived in sA, yall love the Spurs but media treats the team with kid gloves. Truth.

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Fans on here provide better constructive criticism of the Spurs team then the Mike Taylors and Jef Mcdonald's. Mcdonald is not too bad I used to subscribe to the Express. But Spurtalk radio show is horrid. But you get that by recruiting a Dallas hack for your post game radio show. He still doing Spur and Cowboy talk down there anyone?

Thread
07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Fans on here provide better constructive criticism of the Spurs team then the

Killa

His mother would be so proud.

FkLA
07-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Love how the media wants to make it seem like Dwight left because the lights were too bright or Kobe was too hard. No mention of Kobe being the worst ball hog and most media coddled player of all-time.

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Love how the media wants to make it seem like Dwight left because the lights were too bright or Kobe was too hard. No mention of Kobe being the worst ball hog and most media coddled player of all-time.

Im sure Kobe was a factor too ...doesnt change the rest.

Thread
07-08-2013, 03:45 PM

Nobody put a muzzle on Howard. Go ahead, once upon a time...

---

And there has also been no mention (just a buried blurb) about the 3rd year opt out in that contract and no mention (not even a blurb) about his inability to hit a free throw.

FkLA
07-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I disagree. I dont think they are saying he could not handle, so much as saying he did not want to or would not thrive under that sort of pressure. Me personally, I agree he made the best short-term basketball decision. So the "why" really doesnt matter. Take all bias out of the argument and Rox has the best team he could join out of his suitors. His choice was not unlike Lebron's. If you killed Lebron for not staying to be the franchise pillar for the Cavs, then Dwight deserves the same. If you argue he made a great decision to enhance his chance of winning he deserves the same pass Lebron got. I prefer Lebron as a player and though he has had some shaky moments here and there, as a warrior. Difference is I truly believe that Lebron could of won in Cleveland (eventually) or anywhere else. not sure of the same with Dwight if he stayed in L.A. So I get it.

But DPG, dont act as though the pressure to win in LA is the same as other places. in Sa, even as Manu was turning the ball over and bricking a clutch FT, plenty here still defended him. Dwight does the same in LA and gets crucified. It IS different. IF you never lived there ...you can't understand what it's like. It's like the Yankees, or MANU you have to be built for dat shit. And it's not just dwight, plenty of really good shooters lost their stroke coming to play for L.A. It's just diffrent. that is not hubris or trying to make excuses, he left. Im over it. And im sure it played a part. Sure, DPG it wasnt the only reason, which I stated above, basketball wise it made sense. But I do think he is not built for the Celts/Laker/Knicks/Sixers those fanbases would of crushed him, tbh. He has a better chance to thrive in Houston, a good size market, decent city, good and more forgiving fans. He would of even been better off in SA ...tbh. Pop would of been great and duncan could of taught him a thing or two. And I lived in sA, yall love the Spurs but media treats the team with kid gloves. Truth.

GTFO with that shit. Do you enjoy playing ball with ballhogs? What about a ballhog that gets all the glory when the team wins and minimal blame when they lose? Neither did Dwight thats why he bolted not because of the 'pressures of LA'.

Michael Jordan.
07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah the pressures of LA thing is false. Nobody wants to play with Vino.

Thread
07-08-2013, 03:53 PM

Cept for Fish, Artest and Gasol.

That's how it got to:::

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 03:53 PM
GTFO with that shit. Do you enjoy playing ball with ballhogs? What about a ballhog that gets all the glory when the team wins and minimal blame when they lose? Neither did Dwight thats why he bolted not because of the 'pressures of LA'.

You know nothing. Im sure you know more than JVG, Chuck, etc. Like I said best basketball fit and media eviornment in Houston. Maybe Kobe was a bigger reason. I just dont think it's bullshit, to act as though the Lakers pressure wasnt a factor. Dwight himself said the fans were too hard,, etc. So dont act like the pressure did not get to him. He also threw a hissy fit in his last game and got tossed. He also talked about the pressure of making the playoffs. All of that is PRESSURE. Our media got on him about Ft's. Sure Kobe was loved and he was not in the city. I Never said Kobe is not a shot hog. Add it up , he chose Houston. Like I said pressure was a factor doubt it wa sthe ONLY or MAIn reason. Just a factor. But please proceed.

If you want the fans that absolve Kobe of ALl his sins you are looking in the wrong place. But doesnt chaneg the fact that Dwight wasnt built for that shit. Even the last minute waffling tells me all I need to know. If all that is true why even hesitate? Why paly with a shot hungry aging star who is bigger than you? He just wanted that extra year because he knows his back is on borrowed time. He had no good reason except the extra year to pick teh Lakers, the extra presure also being a negative.

Twisted_Dawg
07-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Don't forget Pop dropping F bombs on him during the All Star Game too.

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Don't forget Pop dropping F bombs on him during the All Star Game too.

That too. Funny thing is I get Kobe is an asshole. A shot hog. I dont dispute any of this. But i love how Some geniuses here are defending Dwight for his bullshit. I hope Dwight figures it out and like I said in another thread a coach like RC or Pop (no nonsense) would be best for him. He chose the best team but the only coach that was lateral move from D'antoni. Pop and duncan tutoring him would of been the best thing for him, plus your fans would of loved him and excused his baby makin'.

FkLA
07-08-2013, 04:08 PM
You know nothing. Im sure you know more than JVG, Chuck, etc. Like I said best basketball fit and media eviornment in Houston. Maybe Kobe was a bigger reason. I just dont think it's bullshit, to act as though the Lakers pressure wasnt a factor. Dwight himself said the fans were too hard,, etc. So dont act like the pressure did not get to him. He also threw a hissy fit in his last game and got tossed. He also talked about the pressure of making the playoffs. All of that is PRESSURE. Our media got on him about Ft's. Sure Kobe was loved and he was not in the city. I Never said Kobe is not a shot hog. Add it up , he chose Houston. Like I said pressure was a factor doubt it wa sthe ONLY or MAIn reason. Just a factor. But please proceed.

If you want the fans that absolve Kobe of ALl his sins you are looking in the wrong place. But doesnt chaneg the fact that Dwight wasnt built for that shit. Even the last minute waffling tells me all I need to know. If all that is true why even hesitate? Why paly with a shot hungry aging star who is bigger than you? He just wanted that extra year because he knows his back is on borrowed time. He had no good reason except the extra year to pick teh Lakers, the extra presure also being a negative.

Typical Killa. 'Yeah Kobe is a ballhog and that played a role but let me just briefly mention that and write two paragraphs about everything else instead'. :lol

Howard came to LA, he was compared to other great bigmen. He knew about the 'pressures and expectations' in LA from the get go, if he was scared why would he have agreed to go there for a year? I think its obvious playing next to the greatest chucker of all-time was worse than anything he couldve prepared himself for. Getting shit on while the chucker received no blame from fans/media. Shit, why would anyone blame him for bolting or think he left because hes 'soft'? Take off your Kobe cum stained glasses off and analyze the situation Howard was in for what it is...which is one of the most undesirable situations a star player can be in.

Bulaien999
07-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Laker fans fear not, there will be a new whipping boy when kaman signs his new deal with you guys.

Thread
07-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Laker fans fear not, there will be a new whipping boy when kaman signs his new deal with you guys.

You've nary room....you've tied Asik to the post and are gonna wear his ass out as well.

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Typical Killa. 'Yeah Kobe is a ballhog and that played a role but let me just briefly mention that and write two paragraphs about everything else instead'. :lol

Howard came to LA, he was compared to other great bigmen. He knew about the 'pressures and expectations' in LA from the get go, if he was scared why would he have agreed to go there for a year? I think its obvious playing next to the greatest chucker of all-time was worse than anything he couldve prepared himself for. Getting shit on while the chucker received no blame from fans/media. Shit, why would anyone blame him for bolting or think he left because hes 'soft'? Take off your Kobe cum stained glasses off and analyze the situation Howard was in for what it is...which is one of the most undesirable situations a star player can be in.

Makes no sense. Why would I write a paragraph, when I concede you have a valid point? What a dense perspective you have. Why would I need a paragraph to point out the part of the argument you got right? I am defending my argument not yours, that is your job genius ...

It's almost like something terrible happened, a few weeks ago that has half the board "stuck on stupid" ...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9402103

Clipper Nation
07-08-2013, 04:22 PM
In fact, Bible Kemp willingly accepted more pressure and scrutiny by a) joining a young star like Harden on a team that plans to contend for titles, b) playing on his third team in the past three years in his prime, and c) leaving the media's favorite team, tbh.....

Just a retarded argument all-around that Lakerfan is perpetuating because they refuse to accept they're entitled and Kirby's a cancer....

FkLA
07-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Makes no sense. Why would I write a paragraph, when I concede you have a valid point? What a dense perspective you have. Why would I need a paragraph to point out the part of the argument you got right? I am defending my argument not yours, that is your job genius ...

Yeah, you dont have a problem conceding valid points Ill give you that. But you have a habit of trying to sweep them under the rug while focusing on something more favorable to your hero Kobe. Ill ask you this...what do you think had a bigger impact--the 'bright lights and pressure' or Howard simply being in a really undesirable situation (Kobe chucking, media/fans blame everyone but Kobe, give all the glory to Kobe, etc)?

The Third Man
07-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Yet, the Lakers put up fucking billboards begging, BEGGING, Howard to stay. For fucking shame.

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 04:38 PM

I don't mean this as an insult but you...you're pretty fucking dumb...:lol who asks a dumb ass question like that...:lmao not too bright dawg :lol...

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah, you dont have a problem conceding valid points Ill give you that. But you have a habit of trying to sweep them under the rug while focusing on something more favorable to your hero Kobe. Ill ask you this...what do you think had a bigger impact--the 'bright lights and pressure' or Howard simply being in a really undesirable situation (Kobe chucking, media/fans blame everyone but Kobe, give all the glory to Kobe, etc)?

I dont get it. Isnt that what you do in a debate? YOu made a great case as did I. I'll be honest I dont know which was more of an impact. I think they both did and it's related. City loved Kobe and it would of been Kobe's team as long as he returned. Funny thing, Dumb ass Nick Cannon was on First Take today and he said something similar which Skip agreed with (I didnt mention him, cuz he is a shock journalist) that Lakers fans and the city never embraced Dwight like they did shaq.
He also mentioned that lakers fans did not embrace Kobe at first it wasnt until he won them over with hard-work (something Dwight lacks except in weight room) that many became Kobe fans. Some still hate him. Most Laker fans i know were on TeamShaq during "the feud". The fact that Kobe did not get along with Dwight much like Shaq tells me that Kobe is an asshole. But the the beef he had that neither worked hard enough is valid. And doesnt change cuz Kobe is a prick. But at least shaq DOMINATED. Now way if you put Shaq on that Magic team in 2009, same team-mates would he allow Pau to defend him for any stretch without caving in his chest. Shaq got plenty of heat (PRESSURE) when we got swept 4 straight years pre-Phil. He was getting murdered to stop rapping and doing movies and work on his game ... without Phil that NEVER happens. I just dont think Dwight has that in him like Shaq and definitely not as much work ethic as Kobe.

Again the "why" hardly matters. I just disagree the pressure is not a factor. It happens in sports all the time player gets traded to yanks or Redsox (Carl Crawford, cough) and they fold under pressure. I am not saying Dwight folded so to speak and I think he could of been "fine" in L.A. But he will thrive or do better in Houston. I believe that and Im sure he knew it too. I think it was a factor.

Koolaid_Man
07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
In fact, Bible Kemp willingly accepted more pressure and scrutiny by a) joining a young star like Harden on a team that plans to contend for titles, b) playing on his third team in the past three years in his prime, and c) leaving the media's favorite team, tbh.....

Just a retarded argument all-around that Lakerfan is perpetuating because they refuse to accept they're entitled and Kirby's a cancer....

Kobe - Kate's Pussy
Bell Boy - Kobe's Cum Soaked Towel

Michael Jordan.
07-08-2013, 04:50 PM

Lakerfan MIGHT have a case if Dwight wanted to be traded there and left. But he never wanted to go there in the first place, with Kobe being the main reason. Asking for them to hire Phil probably would have made him stay, so it has nothing to do with the pressures. It's funny how lakerfags would have a different tune if he stayed, but right now, they're just gettin their Taylor Swift on.

Thread
07-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Lakerfan MIGHT have a case if Dwight wanted to be traded there and left. But he never wanted to go there in the first place, with Kobe being the main reason. Asking for them to hire Phil probably would have made him stay, so it has nothing to do with the pressures. It's funny how lakerfags would have a different tune if he stayed, but right now, they're just gettin their Taylor Swift on.

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 04:52 PM

I was not on the Thread campaign (against the trade) but if you read my posts, after seeing him for 70 games or so I was against paying him 5 years max money. Said that way before he left and for th3 same reasons I pointed to here. Even at max, 4 years is so less worrisome. I think he has 3 just past below-prime years left. So great move despute his flaws for Rox less so for the Lakers.

Michael Jordan.
07-08-2013, 04:52 PM

Nice. Tell it to spurfan.

Thread
07-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Nice. Tell it to spurfan.

Michael Jordan.
07-08-2013, 04:54 PM

Bulls

Thread
07-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Bulls

& I'm potent.

Michael Jordan.
07-08-2013, 04:55 PM
& I'm impotent.

Thread
07-08-2013, 04:56 PM
^:rolleyes

Clipper Nation
07-08-2013, 05:00 PM

Culb, gettin' his sidesteppin' on, trying to avoid the memory of 39, but it's still:::

the tired old shit bag Kirby: 6

Thread
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Culb, gettin' his sidesteppin' on, trying to avoid the memory of 39, but it's still:::

the tired old shit bag Kirby: 6

Fine, you keep those alive. I'm holding steady with:::

ambchang
07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
I remember the Magic finally kicking MJ's ass en route to their only Finals appearance during Shaq's tenure. MJ was so distraught that he made a deal with the devil and went crawling to Dennis. Pathetic when you think about it - that he had to beg someone who used to kick his teeth in to come join him - so that he could get past the Magic.

MJ lucky Shaq went west. That team was stacked and only needed to mature to rule the EC for years to come.

:downspin:

Hardaway was hurt in 96 and wasn't even remotely close to what he was in 95 ever since. Anderson was done after those missed FTs vs. the Rockets. Scott got fat.

The Magic would have been a 4/5 seed for a long time if Shaq stayed there. Unless they were successful in signing T-Mac and not Hill, then they would have three peated with a Shaq/T-Mac combo.

weebo
07-08-2013, 07:50 PM
The Lakers will never have another "superstar" level player until kirby retires. The guy is obsessed with personal glory. He would never allow another player to take/share the spotlight with him (ala Robinson & Duncan). Therefore, the Lakers organization and its fans are the ones that suffer.

Tbh, I blame the buss family for giving bryant the keys to the organization. Hell, even the GOAT didn't have that kinda of clout with the Bulls.

LakerHater
07-08-2013, 09:30 PM

DPG21920
07-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Does Kobe realize he follows other NBA players? Again, Kobe's logic would not last 5 minutes under any scrutiny at all.

Thread
07-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Therefore, the Lakers organization and its fans are the ones that suffer.

You're sufferin' too, daddy-O. 6 will haunt you to the day you die.

You fucked up, and I'm gonna make you sorry your daddy squirted your ass out.

weebo
07-08-2013, 10:07 PM
You're sufferin' too, daddy-O. 6 will haunt you to the day you die.

You fucked up, and I'm gonna make you sorry your daddy squirted your ass out.

Go get ass raped by pappy.

-signed, pappy.

Thread
07-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Go get ass raped by pappy.

-signed, pappy.

tee, hee.

Koolaid_Man
10-31-2015, 06:24 AM
Bump for Rox fans now admitting Kobe was right

Koolaid_Man
10-31-2015, 06:26 AM
Mchale has to go.

D12 needs to stop with all the smile-playful bs and play with more passion and heart in the REGULAR season

Beard needs to play D, and control turnovers and shake off his shooting misery. Stop it with the stir the pot shit when your team is getting anal raped.

I don't know wtf happened to brewer and Ariza

Harrell needs ALL of TJ's minutes

DMO needs to take off his post surgery Kotex-pad and get on the court

Thornton needs pt.

These morons could start 0-4.

Twisted_Dawg
10-31-2015, 06:34 AM
Why up so early on a Saturday, KAM?

Koolaid_Man
10-31-2015, 06:40 AM
Why up so early on a Saturday, KAM?

Diahreaa bro.. :lol sitting on the toilet with my iPad talking to you