PDA

View Full Version : So this one time...

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I was hanging out with my brother and some friends and when the topic turned to games from our youth I swear suddenly we turned into a group of old farts telling fish tales. Everyone had some story of incredible accomplishment and for every one of those someone had one to top it. And honestly whenever I'm reading a thread on any game in here the best posts are almost always the ones of some crazy turn of events while playing it.

So let's hear yours. Accomplishments, WTF glitches, jackass teammates, heroics, dicks moves, anything entertaining. I'll start.

-Zombies Ate My Neighbors - never did get around to beating this one but had a lot of fun along the way. On the off chance you never played it, you play your way through a homage to every classic and B-movie horror film ever made. Zombies, frogmen, blobs, evil dolls: they're all in there. As well as some giant, pain in the ass nuclear earthworms. My brother and I were 8 and 10 at the time and it took us a while to figure out the timing on how to hit these guys when they'd pop out of the ground to shoot them without getting eaten. By the time that happened we were low on health and ammo with three of the bastards dead and a fourth standing between us and the exit. Sure enough we rounded a corner and ended up dead ended. My brother got killed in short order and I literally had one option left: the weedwacker, which is really only useful against creeping vines that show up in like two levels in the whole game. With a mighty yell I went charging in 'wacker blazing like Wallace charging the whiskey truck in The Untouchables. Damned if it didn't work out. The fucker sprang out of the ground right as I started my run and BOOM! Got to listen to his death roars over the whine of blood soaked garden equipment and the crowd (my brother and two friends of his) went wild.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-08-2013, 01:40 PM
-Street Fighter II - the first time I beat Bison. I was always a Guile fan. Call me old fashioned but I wanted to play as an American and no matter how unbalanced and spammable his specials were, Ken was a fucking douche and I wouldn't pick him. So I was 9 or so IIRC and my competitive spirit would get the better of me often when I played. It really freaked my mom out because I was such a soft spoken kid otherwise so she worried a lot. Enough that the first time I finally got to that bastard and lost 20 or so times in a row I was banned from playing for 24 hours following a profanity laced tirade that echoed through the house. Which makes me laugh now because when I actually won I let loose a profanity laced tirade that got me banned for 48. It was an epic three rounder that saw me win the first, and lose the second one on that bullshit thing where he'd fucking chain two psycho crasher's together, so you'd block the first and get nailed when you went to counter. I fucking hated that. Round 3 was some killer back and forth action. Thrilla in Manila style shit, man. Me and Bison were down to our last bits of health, the music's pumping, and I've come this far it's either going to end in victory or me throwing the Genesis controller straight through the fucking screen. Prior to the finish of this fight I honestly had no idea what an air throw was. So we collided mid-air and things went slo-mo and for a moment I didn't know what the fuck was going on when I saw this:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/Gamereternal/Game%20Pics/Gamepics76/guilebackbreaker.png

And when it became obvious that I'd won I fucking lost it. I got about two inches from the screen and started shit talking Bison's downed body. I had just finished telling him, "I broke your fucking back, motherfucker! Now I'm going to stuff you in a fucking wheelchair and roll you off a fucking cliff, bitch!" when my mom came in to check on the noise and that was the end of that revelry.

PM5K
07-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I once got a thirty kill streak whilst masturbating.

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2013, 01:07 PM
-Street Fighter II - the first time I beat Bison. I was always a Guile fan. Call me old fashioned but I wanted to play as an American and no matter how unbalanced and spammable his specials were, Ken was a fucking douche and I wouldn't pick him. So I was 9 or so IIRC and my competitive spirit would get the better of me often when I played. It really freaked my mom out because I was such a soft spoken kid otherwise so she worried a lot. Enough that the first time I finally got to that bastard and lost 20 or so times in a row I was banned from playing for 24 hours following a profanity laced tirade that echoed through the house. Which makes me laugh now because when I actually won I let loose a profanity laced tirade that got me banned for 48. It was an epic three rounder that saw me win the first, and lose the second one on that bullshit thing where he'd fucking chain two psycho crasher's together, so you'd block the first and get nailed when you went to counter. I fucking hated that. Round 3 was some killer back and forth action. Thrilla in Manila style shit, man. Me and Bison were down to our last bits of health, the music's pumping, and I've come this far it's either going to end in victory or me throwing the Genesis controller straight through the fucking screen. Prior to the finish of this fight I honestly had no idea what an air throw was. So we collided mid-air and things went slo-mo and for a moment I didn't know what the fuck was going on when I saw this:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/Gamereternal/Game%20Pics/Gamepics76/guilebackbreaker.png

And when it became obvious that I'd won I fucking lost it. I got about two inches from the screen and started shit talking Bison's downed body. I had just finished telling him, "I broke your fucking back, motherfucker! Now I'm going to stuff you in a fucking wheelchair and roll you off a fucking cliff, bitch!" when my mom came in to check on the noise and that was the end of that revelry.

beating the game with guile was fkn easiest shit, its like you didnt need to do anything since the game is fkn glitch and AI is bullshit will keep on doing the same moves....
vs blanka = sit down keep on punching and sommersault kick if he jumps onto you
vs bison/vega = same shit as above, rinse and repeat
vs ken = sit down and uppercut, he would jump onto you everytime you uppercut, its a glitch repetitive move by ken, just sommersault kick when he jumps just as above move

the mad players were the ones that use and beat the game with zanglief the russian guy, 3 combo moves jump kick, punch and grapple piledriver was fkn bullshit, that was like half a HP bar

DJR210
07-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Getting 120 Stars in Mario 64? That took quite a while, even as a kid with nothing but time.

Other than that getting within the top 2000 in Battlefield Bad Company 2 was pretty good for me.

Wild Cobra
07-16-2013, 05:10 AM
I once played a video poker game that was giving me a win every hand. I had racked up a few hundred dollars from the $1 I put in. It stopped winning every hand when I increased the bet, but the program was locked up in wins!

Heath Ledger
07-16-2013, 05:10 PM
This one time I had butt secks with your mom.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-17-2013, 09:44 AM
This one time I had butt secks with your mom.

That's a damn dirty lie and I will not have you besmirch the unimpeachable character of my mother with so slanderous a remark. That butt secks with her would be so disappointing that you would only plug her pooper once is an insult to the honor of my entire family.

Mister Sinister
07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Most of mine are RPG related. I beat Kingdom Hearts II in a day (which, really, is probably not that impressive), I've gotten everyone's ultimate weapons on Final Fantasy VIII before the end of the first disc, made the sphere grid in FFX my bitch (had Tidus, Wakka, and Auron go through each other's paths, among other things), and beaten people in the PSP port of FF Tactics's multiplayer mode using nothing but a mime and a calculator, on top of generally being able to break Tactics.

The Reckoning
08-25-2013, 04:17 AM
beating OoT in one night, then doing it again to prove to my roommates I wasn't lying. then beating it with only 3 hearts.

getting every single skyrim achievement. getting 100% on metroid prime 3: corruption.

catching all 150 original pokemon without gameshark or buying both blue and red. i actually had to trade with my friends for that haha.

conquering every single region in Rome, Medieval and Empire.

That's Funked Up
08-25-2013, 03:50 PM
getting triple digit kills in COD4 on shipment

Captivus
08-26-2013, 10:51 AM
The Sims...(the first one, I think).

I decided to make a house with 2 floors, big mistake!
My guy had to walk, and lose precious time, going to bed and to the bathroom.
Since I spend a lot of money in the house, I could only afford snaks and cafe.
The food didnt help, the cafe made him want to piss all the time.
He worked at night, as a thief, not one promotion, he was always mad, hungry.
I bought a dolls house (only thing I could afford) for him to play, so that he could be a little happier...

So..he was a thief, that played with a doll house during the day, hungry all the time, dirty (no time for showers) and he always wanted to piss.

One day...running down the stairs...(late for work again)...he froze...he couldnt move...he was hungry, he pissed himself...and suddenly...he died...I like to think his last thought was about the fun he had with his doll house.

resistanze
08-26-2013, 11:52 AM
going 172-3 on de_dust, tbh

baseline bum
08-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Beating a friend something like 400-50 on Bulls vs Blazers.

baseline bum
08-26-2013, 12:17 PM

I bought a dolls house (only thing I could afford) for him to play, so that he could be a little happier...

So..he was a thief, that played with a doll house during the day, hungry all the time, dirty (no time for showers) and he always wanted to piss.

One day...running down the stairs...(late for work again)...he froze...he couldnt move...he was hungry, he pissed himself...and suddenly...he died...I like to think his last thought was about the fun he had with his doll house.

LOL what? That's the shit you do in The Sims games? :rollin

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
finishing super mario 2 in one sitting cause you couldn't save it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I had a similar experience with the first guy I ever made on the Sims. Fucker wouldn't hustle and missed his ride in the morning, got fired. Made him stand outside until he pissed himself and then made him stand in it while he thought about what he did. The real kicker was that I wasn't even paying attention to his fatigue bar so he eventually passed out face down in a puddle of urine and slept on the front lawn for an hour or so.

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2013, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFp5X3kaxrs

the first 30 seconds of this video

Creepn
08-26-2013, 02:39 PM
going 172-3 on de_dust, tbh

That's BS without hacking.

Or maybe you played counter terrorist the whole time and AWP camped outside the tunnels since the map is heavily lopsided. Other than that, it's impossible to get that many kills with 3 deaths legitimacy.

resistanze
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM
That's BS without hacking.

Or maybe you played counter terrorist the whole time and AWP camped outside the tunnels since the map is heavily lopsided. Other than that, it's impossible to get that many kills with 3 deaths legitimacy.

I'll have to fire up steam sometime my nicca. I'm sure I have a screenshot somewhere. And i was a Terrorist, using mostly AK.

baseline bum
08-26-2013, 03:39 PM
I had a similar experience with the first guy I ever made on the Sims. Fucker wouldn't hustle and missed his ride in the morning, got fired. Made him stand outside until he pissed himself and then made him stand in it while he thought about what he did. The real kicker was that I wasn't even paying attention to his fatigue bar so he eventually passed out face down in a puddle of urine and slept on the front lawn for an hour or so.

LOL a game where you have to consciously make your guy piss. Could you have him piss himself in a job interview or on a date?

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-26-2013, 03:53 PM
LOL a game where you have to consciously make your guy piss. Could you have him piss himself in a job interview or on a date?

I'm a little scared to go searching. Honestly it's not a question of if but how many mods people have created to allow them to do just that.

Captivus
08-26-2013, 07:32 PM
LOL what? That's the shit you do in The Sims games? :rollin

In a Sims game you have to do everything for character (the Sim), walk to places, go to the bathroom, go to work, the gym, eat, piss, make food, sleep, paint,..etc.

Another short story...
I was dating a woman and if I recall correctly, also his father. It took me a lot of time to get her to like me enough so that when I ask her, she will accept my marriage proposal. To do that I ask her to dance (so that she will like me more). The radio was off, and when I turn it on...BAM! I got electrocuted and die...

Load Save...

Again...turn the music on...no problem.
Days later, I make a party to give her the ring...I didn't had a lot of friend to invite (I was sleeping with the entire neighborhood) and the only ones I had were old people. In the exact moment I was about to give her the ring one of the guest dies!! WHAT!!!
Everybody in the party starts feeling bad...the ghost is flying around the house and I'm standing there with the ring...like an idiot.

The Reckoning
08-26-2013, 08:37 PM
i dabbled with the sims when it first came out. stupid game. all i remember was having a huge party and then drew carey randomly showed up lol. so immediately i go into build mode, corner drew in the kitchen, start a fire and let that comic act burn :lol.

CuckingFunt
08-26-2013, 10:16 PM

There are cheat codes to have avoided, like, all of that.

Captivus
08-27-2013, 08:31 AM
There are cheat codes to have avoided, like, all of that.

http://t.qkme.me/3sad6h.jpg

CuckingFunt
08-27-2013, 11:49 AM
http://t.qkme.me/3sad6h.jpg

Not trolling.

Captivus
08-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Not trolling.

Really? Do you cheat in games?

CuckingFunt
08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Really? Do you cheat in games?

No. Nor have I ever been a big Sims player. But I know that my sisters had tons of cheat codes for that game back when they used to play it.

The Reckoning
08-28-2013, 11:00 AM
are your sisters hot?