PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: CBS Report: Rasheed Wallace to join Pistons as assistant coach

Mel_13
07-08-2013, 02:16 PM
The Detroit News reports that iconic former NBA big man Rasheed Wallace has agreed to join the Pistons' coaching staff to work with their big men:

It hasn't been announced, but former Piston Rasheed Wallace will join the Pistons' coaching staff this season.

He doesn't have to file retirement papers with the league because he was on a one-year deal with the Knicks, thus he isn't on an existing contract.

He'll mainly work with the Pistons' young bigs -- Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond and second-round pick Tony Mitchell.

via Rasheed Wallace will work with Pistons' young bigs as assistant coach | The Detroit News.

Wallace played for New York last season, coming out of retirement to be surprisingly productive until a stress fracture ended his year and his career for good. The man who invented "Ball Don't Lie!" was known as a player who was as skilled as any player of his time, and a disengaged when he wanted to be as any human being on the planet. He won a championship with Detroit in 2004.

Having Wallace work on the Pistons' bigs is a pretty stellar idea. They need to work on their rebounding and ability to defend in pick and roll situations. Wallace was elite in that regard, again, when motivated, during his time in the league.

But mostly, this is wonderful for the continued presence of Sheed in our lives, and the high probability that he will set the record for assistant coach ejections... in the first month of the season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22685001/report-rasheed-wallace-to-join-pistons-as-assistant-coach

TXstbobcat
07-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Was he brought in to help increase the number of technical fouls?

mudyez
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
If I'm right, the assistant coache's technical fouls are credited to the head coach!

(It's FIBA rules, but I had to leave the arena once for my assistant getting 2 techs --I got one about an hour earlier myself--...is it the same in the NBA?)

lefty
07-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Already posted like 1 week ago

OP :lol

jeebus
07-08-2013, 03:08 PM
lefty's been launching suicide truth bombers for year now

Rogue
07-08-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm expecting to see some ambidextrous players on Pistons squad in the coming years, this has to be the best signing for pistons this summer imho.