PDA

View Full Version : KB pays homage to the"inspirational" Spurs. What do you think?

biba
07-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Lakers.com’s Mike Trudell interview with Kobe Bryant

"I feel pretty damn confident I can be at a high level for at least another three years. I feel like how I was playing last year – I know I'll be healthy and I'll be ready to go this year – I know what I can bring. And I think I can easily do that for another three years. I think the (Achilles) injury has something to do with it. It really increased the drive. And probably San Antonio getting so close to winning No. 5, probably hurt me a little bit too. I want to make sure I push the ring count out a little further. It was really, really close there. They played phenomenally well. But it's a testament to what skill can do. To what us old guys can do if you play together, if you play with one mind and one purpose you can accomplish great things. It was inspirational for me and hopefully inspirational for the city of Los Angeles and this organization of what we can do, how this tide can change fairly quickly and we'll be looking at a parade."

Kobe on his Legacy
July 01, 2013 2:48 pm PDT

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/130701kobebryant_legacy

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
:lol Kobe talking about "playing together"..

DPG21920
07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Also, Kobe being no more than a glorified Culburn with his ring smack.

CitizenDwayne
07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
:lol Screw Kobe. Comparing the lottery-bound Lakers to the Spurs.

Johnsyounger
07-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Kirby greatest strength is now his greatest weakness....

Darkwaters
07-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Kobe's comments confuse me. Last time I counted Kobe had 2 rings to Timmy's 4?

But we're only counting the ones where you don't ride the coat tails of Shaq and claim it as a personal victory though, right?

Darkwaters
07-08-2013, 03:31 PM

Every game:

http://sportscracklepop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Lakers-Kobe-Bryant-starting-lineup.jpg

Killakobe81
07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Spurs were inspirational. if it wasnt for Kang James and Raray yall would have that "5"

BatManu20
07-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Eh

Raven
07-08-2013, 03:45 PM
he forgot about the part where timmy, manu and tony were paid as much as he was alone, last year.. also the part where they are not throwing every teammate under the bus..

Baam
07-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Lots of people are happy about the choke...

Twisted_Dawg
07-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Spurs were inspirational. if it wasnt for Pop and Manu yall would have that "5"

FIFY

FkLA
07-08-2013, 04:29 PM

:lmao

And the media just eats this shit up tbh. I have never seen a player be so dishonest with the way he presents himself to the media and yet they refuse to call him out on it. Hope he ruptures his other achilles next season.

apalisoc_9
07-08-2013, 04:33 PM
:lmao

And the media just eats this shit up tbh. I have never seen a player be so dishonest with the way he presents himself to the media and yet they refuse to call him out on it. Hope he ruptures his other achilles next season.

This asshole should be in prison not getting paid Millions. Honestly, wishing death to a rapist is not that bad of a thing tbh. I wish he breaks his arm or something.

SenorSpur
07-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Kobe is the NBA's version of Alex Rodriguez, from the standpoint of being a public relations fraud. The harder he tries to appear sincere, the more transparent he is - and everybody can see it except him. He should shut up, get off Twitter and focus on both his rehab and where he going to purchase his next pink diamond.

Baseline
07-08-2013, 04:51 PM
K. Bryant is limping straight toward total irrelevance. He's scratching and clawing to remain relevant, but he's simply not anymore. If he had convinced Dwight to stay, people would still be talking about him all the time. But now, the Lakers are an afterthought. If you disagree....check your current roster. your starting center is Chris Kaman.

AusSpur
07-08-2013, 04:58 PM
He believes if they can play with Kobe's mind and focus on getting him the ball the Lakers will win another chamionship.

spurs10
07-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Cool thing to say really. I need to look at it, as a fan, a little more like that.

Knoxxx
07-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I hate Kobe except playing for the Spurs at veteran's minimum after being amnestied that would be great.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2013, 06:10 PM
As long as D'Antoni is running the show they're shit

HemisfairArena
07-08-2013, 06:19 PM
In a bizarro universe....it would be extremely interesting to see Duncan/Kobe on the same team from beginning to end. I think they win 8 rings at least together. Its kinda like thinking what could have happened if Bird and Magic played on the same team(it would be a way better version of LeBron/Wade). Duncan and Kobe would actually get along. Kobe would want the spotlight...Duncan would say..have it...knock yourself out. Kobe would get a big man that takes the game seriously and play fundamentally sound. Always staying in shape and consistent. Duncan would get a perimeter player that is 2nd to none with his willingness to win(outside of MJ). Both guys strengthes would greatly compliment each other.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2013, 06:22 PM
In a bizarro universe....it would be extremely interesting to see Duncan/Kobe on the same team from beginning to end. I think they win 8 rings at least together. Its kinda like thinking what could have happened if Bird and Magic played on the same team(it would be a way better version of LeBron/Wade). Duncan and Kobe would actually get along. Kobe would want the spotlight...Duncan would say..have it...knock yourself out. Kobe would get a big man that takes the game seriously and play fundamentally sound. Always staying in shape and consistent. Duncan would get a perimeter player that is 2nd to none with his willingness to win(outside of MJ). Both guys strengthes would greatly compliment each other.

Don't think Kobe would have bought into 4 Down when Duncan was at his peak for 8 rings.

coachmac87
07-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Kobe doesn't get it.....Once he tore his Achilles his mindset should've changed..

Should've handed the keys to Dwight and focused on getting right and becoming the distributor and team player that he makes himself out to be. But instead he feels like he still has something to prove...yet the only thing he is going to prove is something that we already know.

He's the most selfish player in the history of the NBA.

It wasn't a coincidence that the Lakers played better when he moved the ball and created instead of trying to become scoring champion at age 35. He just doesn't understand....never will

SenorSpur
07-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Kobe doesn't get it.....Once he tore his Achilles his mindset should've changed..

Should've handed the keys to Dwight and focused on getting right and becoming the distributor and team player that he makes himself out to be. But instead he feels like he still has something to prove...yet the only thing he is going to prove is something that we already know.

It wasn't a coincidence that the Lakers played better when he moved the ball and created instead of trying to become scoring champion at age 35. He just doesn't understand....never will

^This

skulls138
07-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Kobe's no Duncan when it comes to understanding the big picture. The reason that the Spurs were in the position that they were in last Finals was, yes, Pops and RC and the talent they've acquired since getting Duncan. But none of that would matter without Duncan always seeing the big picture. Duncan, as he has said in interviews, never gets too high on the victories, and never gets too low on the losses. Nothing phases him. How many times has the Spurs faced devastating losses in the playoffs? How many times have we wanted the Spurs and/or Duncan to retaliate physically against a disrespectful opponent? Yet look at the results.

Sean Cagney
07-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Spurs were inspirational. if it wasnt for Kang James and Raray yall would have that "5"

Yeah, but if not for Billups and them in 04 and Ray Ray and Pierce in 08 Kobe would have 7 rings, so you win some you lose some. I am gald he was motivated by it though, shows you he is very competitive. I know he was watching saying please no #5 I want to have the most rings out of the two. Tim is very competitive too, so I am sure he keeps taps as well, infact I would bet on it.

Sean Cagney
07-08-2013, 11:47 PM

He is one like IVY who will never ever accept getting older or change his game to get more wins or rings! He will want to be in his prime forever and it will be very hard for him to accept the fact he is older now and needs to change his game some! That is not Kobe nor his mindset, he probably wants to be the man he was ten years ago. Thats a problem.

Spursfanfromafar
07-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Kobe is a frustrating player in the way he tries to individually dominate and hog the game. But there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that talent/skill-wise, he is probably in the Top 10 player list ever. His ability to get a shot off in crunch time, turn on defense when required, take really difficult shots and make them on above average basis - make him among the best players ever. It is only that, he is frustrating as a egomaniac on the court. But which team wouldn't want him in his prime? Even at 35, he remains a major threat.

Sean Cagney
07-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Kobe is a frustrating player in the way he tries to individually dominate and hog the game. But there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that talent/skill-wise, he is probably in the Top 10 player list ever. His ability to get a shot off in crunch time, turn on defense when required, take really difficult shots and make them on above average basis - make him among the best players ever. It is only that, he is frustrating as a egomaniac on the court. But which team wouldn't want him in his prime? Even at 35, he remains a major threat.

He is a legend nobody will deny that, he is what you said he is. The sad thing is though that like MJ can work against you later on! Bigtime! He can not accept a different role sides the #1 on a team, coming off the injury and 35 that is more of a detriment to the team! Tim has moved past that alot of times and adapted, I am afraid this guy will not and eventually dig his own grave in the NBA like IVY did.

Spursfanfromafar
07-09-2013, 01:22 AM
He is a legend nobody will deny that, he is what you said he is. The sad thing is though that like MJ can work against you later on! Bigtime! He can not accept a different role sides the #1 on a team, coming off the injury and 35 that is more of a detriment to the team! Tim has moved past that alot of times and adapted, I am afraid this guy will not and eventually dig his own grave in the NBA like IVY did.

What is going for Kobe is that despite these flaws, he plays for an extremely rich team that is always going to play the luxury tax and fill the squad with enough options to round out Kobe's flaws.

And that is why, Kobe's strengths get maximised and his obvious egocentric flaws get minimized in the Lakers' system.

That advantage was not quite there for MJ or Duncan. And that is precisely why MJ and Duncan are better and greater players than Kobe, who has near equal or even better talent than most shooting guards ever. MJ and Duncan made their teammates better by adjusting to their systems better. In Kobe's case, he was helped by a rich owner and a market which simply bought its way out of issues and always fielded enough talent to take away from Kobe's flaws and maximised his abilities. When, they couldn't manage to put that talent in around Kobe - during the post-O'Neal years or post-peakOdom/peakGasol years, their teams were hurt by Kobe's misgivings. That never happened in the case of Jordan or Duncan.

Baseline
07-09-2013, 01:25 AM

It wasn't a coincidence that the Lakers played better when he moved the ball and created instead of trying to become scoring champion at age 35. He just doesn't understand....never will Exactly. Last year he had two 7-footers, both of whom can score in the paint. Yet he shoots it 20 times a game, even at age 35, and creates discord because the bigs aren't getting the ball enough. By the way, these are multiple all-star bigs, not scrubs or rookies. Then within six weeks of blowing out his Achilles, he repels the younger 7-footer to the point that he leaves 30M on the table and walks. Meanwhile, the Lakers get ZERO compensation. Translation: Bryant wrecked the franchise by running Howard off. And for what? So he can come back at age 36 and shoot the ball 20 times a game? The guy is flushing himself down the bowl of irrelevance.

KaiRMD1
07-09-2013, 02:00 AM
The irony of that quote is how he stated the part about playing together. The ol' sport still has not grasped that concept.

hooperflash
07-09-2013, 07:00 AM
don't be bullsh*tting us Kobe :lol

weebo
07-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Like I've said before, Bryant is unwilling to share the spotlight with another "superstar" because he wants all the glory. You hear him talking ring counts, scoring titles, etc...that should tell you everything you need to know about this guy's personality.

Tbh, the lakers would be a lot better team if they had gotten rid of Bryant a couple of seasons ago.

dg7md
07-09-2013, 08:02 AM
I don't get the Kobe hate TBH. My favorite player outside of any Spurs tbh.

exstatic
07-09-2013, 08:32 AM

He still thinks he's the best, and he's not. He just drove his franchise ship right up on the coral reef of irrelevancy by running off a younger super star. All of those things are true.

Juggity
07-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Kobe is a frustrating player in the way he tries to individually dominate and hog the game. But there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that talent/skill-wise, he is probably not in the Top 10 player list ever. His ability to get a shot off in crunch time, and miss >70% of the time, turn on defense but only when he absolutely feels he must, take really difficult shots and make just enough of them not to alienate his slobbering fanbase - make him among the most overrated players ever. It is only that, he is frustrating as a egomaniac on the court. But which team wouldn't want him in his prime? Even at 35, he remains a major threat to nubile white women everywhere.

FIFY

Vash StampedE
07-09-2013, 09:20 AM
To what us old guys can do if you play together, if you play with one mind and one purpose you can accomplish great things.
:lol

Amuseddaysleeper
07-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Kobe must have been rooting so hard for Miami in that series :lol

Sean Cagney
07-09-2013, 01:29 PM
What is going for Kobe is that despite these flaws, he plays for an extremely rich team that is always going to play the luxury tax and fill the squad with enough options to round out Kobe's flaws.

And that is why, Kobe's strengths get maximised and his obvious egocentric flaws get minimized in the Lakers' system.

That advantage was not quite there for MJ or Duncan. And that is precisely why MJ and Duncan are better and greater players than Kobe, who has near equal or even better talent than most shooting guards ever. MJ and Duncan made their teammates better by adjusting to their systems better. In Kobe's case, he was helped by a rich owner and a market which simply bought its way out of issues and always fielded enough talent to take away from Kobe's flaws and maximised his abilities. When, they couldn't manage to put that talent in around Kobe - during the post-O'Neal years or post-peakOdom/peakGasol years, their teams were hurt by Kobe's misgivings. That never happened in the case of Jordan or Duncan.

I agree there with the talents they surrouded him with, in down years they always run out to try and get a big trade and bring so and so in, Duncan never had that luxury but he had a steady TEAM! I would take the steady team alot of times over just big names in there and they don't match. Tim has had it good as well with the FO surrounding him with talent from the draft, their FA pickups though have been few and far in between and namely just role players that FIT THE TEAM and they hit on (Barry and Horry).

TampaDude
07-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Timmy: I got 5 now, Kobe!

Kobe: You never repeated!

:lol

Kool Bob Love
07-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Fuck him. :lol

skulls138
07-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Where would Kobe be without Phil Jackson? A whole lot less, and that goes with Jordan and Shaq too. Truly good players start threatening to win it all right off the bat like Magic, Bird and Duncan. Jordan took a long time before he was winning championships, same with Shaq and Kobe. Werent Shaq and Kobe getting swept out of the playoffs every year?

Richard Simmons
07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
aren't the players on eech team pretty comparable at this point? kobe, manu. pau, td. metta, kawhi (in turms of skill set). steve blak, nando. y couldn't the lakers go?

Sean Cagney
07-09-2013, 10:05 PM
aren't the players on eech team pretty comparable at this point? kobe, manu. pau, td. metta, kawhi (in turms of skill set). steve blak, nando. y couldn't the lakers go?
Metta is gone, but no he is not near Kawhi right now (He is falling off fast). Blake and Nando? Nando has not even played yet? Parker is alot better than any of their PG's too, our team is overall alot better and our star is not coming off a major injury.

Knoxxx
07-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Kobe is a dick contrast that to tp who humbly stepped into his alpha dog role.

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Kobe must have been rooting so hard for Miami in that series :lol

:lol No, tbh, Kobe hates Lebron..

Kobe doesn't give a fuck about Duncan's legacy, because the media won't talk about Tim, even with 5 rings, tbh..

They love their wing players, and Lebron has already matched Kobe's output as the main guy on his team, and you can bet that Kobe hated every second of it, tbh:lol..

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Its going to be even more of a treat to watch him struggle when he returns.

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2013, 10:21 PM

Off the top of my head..

- Kobe had a meltdown, asked for a trade in 2007, threw the entire organization under the bus, demanded that Andrew Bynum is traded, refused to go to Chicago if Deng was included in the trade(which potentially prevented the Lakers from getting a good return), etc..

- He quit on his team in game 7 vs. Phoenix and sabotaged his team in 2004 to get out of Shaq's shadow(which Phil Jackson confirmed)..

- He snitched on Shaq during the police questioning after his rape, despite Shaq having absolutely nothing to do with his situation:lol..

- Countless stories of him being an asshole and inability to deal with him in the locker room during the Shaq years..

- Constantly uses injuries as an excuse..

- Has had feuds with Phil Jackson, Dwight Howard and Shaq..has been called out by those guys, in addition to Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, tbh..

- He's a rapist, tbh..

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Off the top of my head..

- Kobe had a meltdown, asked for a trade in 2007, threw the entire organization under the bus, demanded that Andrew Bynum is traded, refused to go to Chicago if Deng was included in the trade(which potentially prevented the Lakers from getting a good return), etc..

- He quit on his team in game 7 vs. Phoenix and sabotaged his team in 2004 to get out of Shaq's shadow(which Phil Jackson confirmed)..

- He snitched on Shaq during the police questioning after his rape, despite Shaq having absolutely nothing to do with his situation:lol..

- Countless stories of him being an asshole and inability to deal with him in the locker room during the Shaq years..

- Constantly uses injuries as an excuse..

- Has had feuds with Phil Jackson, Dwight Howard and Shaq..has been called out by those guys, in addition to Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, tbh..

- He's a rapist, tbh..

Ding Ding Ding

DMX7
07-10-2013, 03:29 PM
I hate Kobe except playing for the Spurs at veteran's minimum after being amnestied that would be great.

It would be terrific. Pop loves Kobe and Kobe loves Pop. It would be fun.