PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Wade and Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>&g

apalisoc_9
07-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Garnet

Shaking my fcking head that KG is put above these two champions in almost every list i see.

:bang

Thread
07-09-2013, 10:00 AM
It's Media. They've been babysitting & sheepherding Garnett since he landed in Boston.

Thread
07-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Just checkin' assholes, ap...

This asshole should be in prison not getting paid Millions. Honestly, wishing death to a rapist is not that bad of a thing tbh. I wish he breaks his arm or something.

You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well.

tee, hee.

MeloHype
07-09-2013, 10:12 AM
KG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Phillip
07-09-2013, 10:17 AM
KG is one of the most well rounded, complete players that has ever played basketball. He definitely deserves his dues. But one thing he was not capable of doing was putting a team on his back offensively and consistently beating elite teams. He has a solid, versatile skillset on offense, but not good enough to do what truly elite players like Wade and Dirk have done, and carry their teams to championships.

KG is a better all around basketball player than Dirk, no question. But would I rather build my team around Dirk as the anchor, or KG as the anchor? It's Dirk all day. You can find players that can fill in for Dirk's weaknesses, as we saw in the 2011 team. However, KG NEEDS a superstar level scorer to win a championship. Dirk didn't need that. Wade didn't need that. Duncan didn't need that. It's much easier to fill in roles of lane cloggers, rebounders, etc... than it is to fill the need of an unstoppable clutch scorer.

Thread
07-09-2013, 10:20 AM
KG is one of the most well rounded, complete players that has ever played basketball.

I just don't see it, Phil.

Phillip
07-09-2013, 10:26 AM
I just don't see it, Phil.

Only pussies and assholes just don't see it.

Thread
07-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Only pussies and assholes

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

apalisoc_9
07-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Just checkin' assholes, ap...

You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well.

tee, hee.

We've got room now oldman..

Thread
07-09-2013, 11:17 AM
We've got room now oldman..

Uh, uh. You signed him knowing he'd raped. You get no relief by releasing him.

You're still on the hook.

Bill_Brasky
07-09-2013, 11:48 AM
KG is one of the most well rounded, complete players that has ever played basketball. He definitely deserves his dues. But one thing he was not capable of doing was putting a team on his back offensively and consistently beating elite teams. He has a solid, versatile skillset on offense, but not good enough to do what truly elite players like Wade and Dirk have done, and carry their teams to championships.

KG is a better all around basketball player than Dirk, no question. But would I rather build my team around Dirk as the anchor, or KG as the anchor? It's Dirk all day. You can find players that can fill in for Dirk's weaknesses, as we saw in the 2011 team. However, KG NEEDS a superstar level scorer to win a championship. Dirk didn't need that. Wade didn't need that. Duncan didn't need that. It's much easier to fill in roles of lane cloggers, rebounders, etc... than it is to fill the need of an unstoppable clutch scorer.
Great post I agree.

monosylab1k
07-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Dirk didn't need a second star to win a title or even lead a playoff team most years of his prime. Or a third star.

Arnold Toht
07-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Dirk>KG>Kidd>Wade

Amaso
07-09-2013, 02:42 PM

great post and very accurate

I have Wade, Dirk, and KG all around the 18-20 range... idk if I'd put any of them for sure above eachother though.

That'd put them behind the Malone's and Barkley's, but maybe I need to start reconsidering my list considering these guys are all very comparable talent wise, but all 3 of those guys have won a ring as "the man."

monosylab1k
07-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Anybody who puts Malone ahead of KG or Dirk is stupid. Barkley is debatable but no fucking way with Malone.

Seriously, how did a guy who spent his entire career getting spoonfed buckets from a top 5 point guard of all time get such a reputation as this dominant franchise player? :lol a glorified Amare getting put ahead of KG or Dirk.

gnsf0946
07-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Anybody who puts Malone ahead of KG or Dirk is stupid. Barkley is debatable but no fucking way with Malone.

Seriously, how did a guy who spent his entire career getting spoonfed buckets from a top 5 point guard of all time get such a reputation as this dominant franchise player? :lol a glorified Amare getting put ahead of KG or Dirk.

add "choker" to his resume aswell

Thread
07-09-2013, 03:29 PM
add "choker" to his resume aswell

Duncan's resume as well. You've nary room.

TDfan2007
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM

4 rings + 1 bounce away from #5 != choker. Perhaps you'd like to discuss 2004, or 2008?

Rogue
07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Prime KG was kind of like today's Lebron, having an overall rate of 99 in all basketball video games. I also think KG's overrated and I really don't have a clue how to use KG in the games, I'd rather have Dirk or Duncan instead of KG. Lebron is different and his 99 overall rate is well justified because he can do EVERYTHING better than ANYONE on the court

spurraider21
07-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Prime KG was kind of like today's Lebron, having an overall rate of 99 in all basketball video games. I also think KG's overrated and I really don't have a clue how to use KG in the games, I'd rather have Dirk or Duncan instead of KG. Lebron is different and his 99 overall rate is well justified because he can do EVERYTHING better than ANYONE on the court

:lol good call. always hated playing with KG. made me feel stupid because he was rated godly but i wasn't that effective with him, at least on offense

DAF86
07-09-2013, 06:11 PM
24.2 ppg, 13.9 rbds, 5 assists, 2.2 blks, 1.5 stls while being the best defender on the league, people seem to forget just how good Garnett was, he's clearly > Wade and Dirk.

Phillip
07-09-2013, 06:34 PM
24.2 ppg, 13.9 rbds, 5 assists, 2.2 blks, 1.5 stls while being the best defender on the league, people seem to forget just how good Garnett was

as good as he was, his balls consistently shrunk in crunch time, and couldn't handle the pressure when elite defenses gameplanned for him. Garnett was rarely a guy you sent swarms of defenders after, because people didn't fear him.

i dont think anyone has ever been deathly afraid of KG in the clutch. can't say the same about Dirk and Wade. As a spurfan, you should know that. Pretty much any logical spurfan knows how deathly afraid they are of Dirk when he has the ball in his hands late in a game.

then again, you are not a logical spurfan. lol manu > dirk

Thebesteva
07-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Dirk>KG>Kidd>Wade

Agree.

Amaso
07-09-2013, 06:45 PM
as good as he was, his balls consistently shrunk in crunch time, and couldn't handle the pressure when elite defenses gameplanned for him. Garnett was rarely a guy you sent swarms of defenders after, because people didn't fear him.

i dont think anyone has ever been deathly afraid of KG in the clutch. can't say the same about Dirk and Wade. As a spurfan, you should know that. Pretty much any logical spurfan knows how deathly afraid they are of Dirk when he has the ball in his hands late in a game.

another great post

People just look at stats and try to make assumptions based on that. KG is a guy who had a good offensive game, but he is one of those players you just play him straight up and let him shoot as much as he wants since he doesn't have the mentality or capability to completely dominate a game offensively, and if he does you just shake his hand. Duncan is another guy that comes to mind in that same calibur, although Duncan was better than Garnett was. Lots of teams just play Duncan 1 on 1 since he doesn't have the capability to explode and completely control a game strictly based on isolation plays. His game 6 performance in the 1st half is one of the only times, if only time I've ever seen Duncan score 20+points in a half almost strictly on his own playmaking.

DAF86
07-09-2013, 11:30 PM

No wonder Kobefan agrees with you with your "let's all just ignore facts and go by subjective bullshit like how afraid I think others feel when player X has the ball on his hands 'cause most objective parameters don't fit my agenda" comments.

lol post deleter

Jacob1983
07-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Dirk is better than Wade and KG combined. Dirk was the main man on the 2011 Mavs and didn't need free throws to win a championship. He also didn't leave the tougher conference and go to the shittier conference in order to have an easier path to the Finals.

monosylab1k
07-10-2013, 01:16 AM
24.2 ppg, 13.9 rbds, 5 assists, 2.2 blks, 1.5 stls while being the best defender on the league, people seem to forget just how good Garnett was, he's clearly > Wade and Dirk.

Statistically he's better than Duncan too. So was Malone. Statistically.

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2013, 01:31 AM
KG one time had a top5 pg playing with him till marbs decided to bolt

ezau
07-10-2013, 02:14 AM

Add skunkedx2 to Kobe's resume.

Jacob1983
07-10-2013, 02:52 AM
KG only won 2 playoff series when he played in the Western Conference. Thank you.

Phillip
07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
No wonder Kobefan agrees with you with your "let's all just ignore facts and go by subjective bullshit like how afraid I think others feel when player X has the ball on his hands 'cause most objective parameters don't fit my agenda" comments.

lol post deleter

lol what facts? stats? I think mono addressed that well below.

If stats are all that matters, then Malone > Timmy. Barkley > Timmy. Kobe > Timmy. Shaq > Timmy.

Oh, and since stats are all that matters, Harden > Manu.

Do you agree with all those?

DAF86
07-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Statistically he's better than Duncan too. So was Malone. Statistically.

Not really.

Duncan's career year stats are 25.5 ppg, 12.7 rbds, 3.7 assts, 2.5 blks and 0.7 stls.

But I agree stats don't always tell the whole story, the thing is that Dirk doesn't bring many non statistical stuff to make a case for him over guys with better stats.

P/S: You shouldn't be posting, tbh.

DAF86
07-10-2013, 12:49 PM
lol what facts? stats? I think mono addressed that well below.

If stats are all that matters, then Malone > Timmy. Barkley > Timmy. Kobe > Timmy. Shaq > Timmy.

Oh, and since stats are all that matters, Harden > Manu.

Do you agree with all those?

Shaq > Duncan

Kobe isn't > than Duncan statiscally. At least not in the stats that matter.

Malone and Barkley weren't the two way player that Duncan is.

And you can't compare Manu and Harden statiscally 'cause one had the chance to be the undisputed number one guy on his team while the other didn't.

D-Wade
07-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Dirk is better than Wade and KG combined.

:lmao

Phillip
07-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Malone and Barkley weren't the two way player that Duncan is.

Oh, okay, but the stats don't really show that. I don't see defensive stats other than steals and blocks, and we all know how empty those are in terms of a players actual ability to play defense. But since the stats don't show that, by your logic, it's not true or provable.

And you can't compare Manu and Harden statiscally 'cause one had the chance to be the undisputed number one guy on his team while the other didn't.

If Manu > Dirk, then he most definitely should have had opportunities to be the undisputed #1 guy on his team, as there have been several seasons where Dirk was playing at a higher level than Timmy was.

Or maybe it's simply because Manu is not good enough to be a true #1 guy.

Phillip
07-10-2013, 03:15 PM
But I agree stats don't always tell the whole story, the thing is that Dirk doesn't bring many non statistical stuff to make a case for him over guys with better stats.

Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double for a season. Therefore, at his best, Oscar > MJ at his best.

Great logic.

DAF86
07-10-2013, 03:37 PM
lol still insisting that I said Manu > Dirk

Manu never had a chance to be the undisputed number 1 guy of a team in the NBA 'cause he never played on a team as bad as the '13 Rockets, tbh.

lol post deleter
lol "I'm on a roll today" :rollin:rollin:rollin
lol dumbfuck

Phillip
07-10-2013, 04:31 PM
lol still insisting that I said Manu > Dirk

Manu never had a chance to be the undisputed number 1 guy of a team in the NBA 'cause he never played on a team as bad as the '13 Rockets, tbh.

lol post deleter
lol "I'm on a roll today" :rollin:rollin:rollin
lol dumbfuck

lol resorting to making shit up to cover up for your dumbassery

lol manu > dirk

lol kg being a legit #1 scorer

DAF86
07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
lol resorting to making shit up to cover up for your dumbassery

Yeah, sure. :lol

lol kg being a legit #1 scorer

When did I say that? Mavfan making shit up again.

KG > Dirk just deal with it and try to find happiness somewhere else.

Arcadian
07-10-2013, 04:59 PM
I completely disagree. In terms of peak performance, Garnett at his best was better than Wade or Dirk at their best. His 2004 MVP season was one of the top 15 peaks in history.

24 ppg, 14 rpg, 5 apg, 2.2 bpg, 1.5 spg, 50 fg%, 79 ft%

He played a lot of point forward and guarded multiple positions. Obviously I'm a Duncan fan and would have taken Duncan over Garnett any year, but I respected Garnett in his prime. He was a versatile and dominant player.

Phillip
07-10-2013, 05:07 PM
When did I say that? Mavfan making shit up again.

Then what was your point of even posting, when basically everyone said that KG is a more well rounded and complete basketball player than Dirk, but Dirk's advantage is his mentality and ability to dominate offensively in the clutch?

KG > Dirk just deal with it and try to find happiness somewhere else.

In some ways, he is. No one disagrees with that.

But most people will agree that building a team around Dirk as your #1 guy, as opposed to KG as your #1 guy is a much smarter basketball decision. You can easily find guys for much cheaper who can rebound and defense. You can't find #1 scorers for cheap. You can't find true #1 scorers very often, period. In the past decade, how many true #1 scorers has been in the league, that proved they can lead a team offensively to a championship? Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Lebron, Pierce, and Dirk. Pretty small list, IMO.

Phillip
07-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I completely disagree. In terms of peak performance, Garnett at his best was better than Wade or Dirk at their best. His 2004 MVP season was one of the top 15 peaks in history.

24 ppg, 14 rpg, 5 apg, 2.2 bpg, 1.5 spg, 50 fg%, 79 ft%

He played a lot of point forward and guarded multiple positions. Obviously I'm a Duncan fan and would have taken Duncan over Garnett any year, but I respected Garnett in his prime. He was a versatile and dominant player.

Oh good, thanks for posting what has already been posted. :tu

DAF86
07-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Then what was your point of even posting, when basically everyone said that KG is a more well rounded and complete basketball player than Dirk, but Dirk's advantage is his mentality and ability to dominate offensively in the clutch?

In some ways, he is. No one disagrees with that.

But most people will agree that building a team around Dirk as your #1 guy, as opposed to KG as your #1 guy is a much smarter basketball decision. You can easily find guys for much cheaper who can rebound and defense. You can't find #1 scorers for cheap. You can't find true #1 scorers very often, period. In the past decade, how many true #1 scorers has been in the league, that proved they can lead a team offensively to a championship? Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Lebron, Pierce, and Dirk. Pretty small list, IMO.

lol "lead a team offensively to a championship". Duncan, Pierce and even Dirk haven't averaged all that much more ppg than Garnett when they have rang.

All I know is that KG is a better basketball player than Nowitzki, that's what I wanted to say and that's the point of me posting on this thread, tbh.

Phillip
07-10-2013, 07:04 PM
lol "lead a team offensively to a championship". Duncan, Pierce and even Dirk haven't averaged all that much more ppg than Garnett when they have rang.

All I know is that KG is a better basketball player than Nowitzki, that's what I wanted to say and that's the point of me posting on this thread, tbh.

lol cant give credit where credit is due

DAF86
07-10-2013, 09:07 PM
lol cant give credit where credit is due

I am, I'm giving KG the credit he deserves.