PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight angry at Nash and Kobe

TheMACHINE
07-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Per ESPN

"That tension came back to the surface when Bryant and Steve Nash met with Howard last Tuesday. Howard came at them hard, telling them how upset he was that they never publicly went to bat for him while he was injured.

He felt like they'd disrespected the effort he'd given by coming back from back surgery so quickly. He felt they had done little to mitigate the criticism he was hearing for his play.

Bryant and Nash were stunned. He'd never told them any of this before, or asked them to defend him publicly. They'd known he was injured and appreciated he came back to play many months before the initial time frame given following his back surgery, but the code among players is that if you don't say anything to your teammates about an injury, it's something you can handle on your own. If you need help, you tell your teammates and they close ranks around you, defending your honor to the public and on the court.

Howard never asked that of his teammates. He'd tried to play his way back into shape after back surgery, and soldiered on after he tore the labrum in his shoulder, even with a long-term contract on the line. But instead of getting credit for such acts, he'd heard constant criticism. And over the course of a long, trying season, that wore on him.

Why weren't people rushing to his defense? Why wasn't he getting credit for playing with so much pain? Was he supposed to ask for help? But if he did, wouldn't that be making excuses?

Looking back on it now, it's easy to see why it became such a toxic situation. But it's also easy to see, once again, how it could've been avoided, with better communication.

Bryant and Nash digested what Howard had to say, and told him they understood him better now. If they tried it all again next season, things would be different. He should come to them with these kinds of issues, instead of letting them fester. They all would learn and grow from this."

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Sounds like bullshit, a grown man wouldn't be mad at someone else for not being able to read minds.

Sportcamper
Dwight is fragile, vulnerable, sensitive....Isn't that what makes a Champion?

Michael Jordan.
Sounds like bullshit, a grown man wouldn't be mad at someone else for not being able to read minds.
Kobe was mad at Shaq for not defending him with the rape situation. Pretty fuckin ironic if you ask me.

Kool Bob Love

Michael Jordan.

Kobe was mad at Shaq for not defending him with the rape situation. Pretty fuckin ironic if you ask me.

Thread
07-09-2013, 03:42 PM
It's a difficult shot with a white man standing there next to Kobe.

tee, hee.

Kool Bob Love
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
It's a difficult shot with a white man standing there next to Kobe.

tee, hee.

Thread
[[[http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Michael Jordan. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6746086#post6746086)
Kobe was mad at Shaq for not defending him with the rape situation. Pretty fuckin ironic if you ask me.]]]

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 6

Chris

Don't forget the most important vice - entitlement. This is what ultimately makes D-Ho a diva.

Thread
07-09-2013, 03:44 PM

A layup don't hurt either.

tee, hee.

Kool Bob Love
07-09-2013, 03:47 PM
A layup don't hurt either.

tee, hee.

http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_mocxnm9yW91r2b4iuo1_500.gif

Michael Jordan.
07-09-2013, 03:48 PM
[[[http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Michael Jordan. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6746086#post6746086)
Kobe was mad at Shaq for not defending him with the rape situation. Pretty fuckin ironic if you ask me.]]]

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 6
http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_mocxnm9yW91r2b4iuo1_500.gif

HI-FI
07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
it's sad that with all of the hype, money and resources Kobe had at his disposal to outdo MJ, he still couldn't fucking do it. 6 indeed.

Thread
07-09-2013, 04:04 PM

Indeed.

HI-FI
07-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Indeed.

indeed.

Leetonidas
07-09-2013, 04:22 PM
I think it's time to stfu with the TOSB bullshit already, dude was 1st team All-NBA and would've netted his 4th Finals MVP, doubling Kirby, had Pop not went full retard. Only tosb right now is Manu

Thread
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
I think it's time to stfu with the TOSB bullshit already, dude was 1st team All-NBA and would've netted his 4th Finals MVP, doubling Kirby, had Pop not went full retard. Only tosb right now is Manu

He choked, Lee. Kobe was the TOSB and then Duncan yanked it back. Ipso facto, it remains:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

benefactor
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
All of them are acting like females. Just shut the fuck up and move on.

HI-FI
07-09-2013, 04:27 PM
AARP old fart has a hard on for Duncan, probably because he realizes how much better he is over Rapist. Pop and Manu are the ones who fucked the Spurs, Duncan put on a legendary performance.

Leetonidas
07-09-2013, 04:27 PM
He choked, Lee. Kobe was the TOSB and then Duncan yanked it back. Ipso facto, it remains:::

Choking doesn't make you a TOSB. I wouldn't even call Kobe a TOSB yet since he was also a 1st teamer last season

Sportcamper
07-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Leetonidas- The Centaur on the left…Are those utters?

Kool Bob Love
07-09-2013, 04:32 PM

:cryGotta go into read only status cause ST is gonna go BALLS deep into my Angus. :cry

Leetonidas
07-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Leetonidas- The Centaur on the left…Are those utters?

http://www.titaniumteddybear.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/lol-wat-glasses.jpg

Katherine Robinson
07-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Much was expected of Dwight, few players can enter a burning building and play hero. He is mentally fragile and the team should have facilitated. Parsons was there to hold his hand through it all, over the phone, and this likely swayed his decision. Kupchak recognized this and played the part of a caring father figure, being with him many times he was with doctors. Inevitably, it was Parsons motherly support which got the majority of Howard's affection.

I feel Dwight's decision was inevitably driven by the need for emotional support, something you cannot expect in Los Angeles where you constantly have a gun pointed your head by fanatic fans with high expectations. He realizes he gave up his opportunity for championships, but it no longer matters because he found out what makes him happy. His removal of "after that ring" from his twitter is a subtle hint at this.

I am glad he is happy, he would only suffer in LA and the team will eventually recover - faster without a long and lucrative contract which will come back to bite Baby Buss in the buttocks.

Clipper Nation
07-09-2013, 04:34 PM

Leetonidas
07-09-2013, 04:34 PM
pretty sure shes rubbing her vag tbh

Thread
07-09-2013, 04:38 PM
AARP old fart has a hard on for Duncan, probably because he realizes how much better he is over Rapist. Pop and Manu are the ones who fucked the Spurs, Duncan put on a legendary performance.

Admittedly it wasn't personal with Duncan until he shit in Howard's face after skunking us. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Not only did Duncan do it, but, Media let him get away with it. Before that? I had no personal problems with your team, you yes, I wanted to see you guys bleed so fucking bad. It's Duncan's tough luck and your's as well that he choked those layups. But, I ain't lettin' it go.

No fuckin' way.

Koolaid_Man
07-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Admittedly it wasn't personal with Duncan until he shit in Howard's face after skunking us. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Not only did Duncan do it, but, Media let him get away with it. Before that? I had no personal problems with your team, you yes, I wanted to see you guys bleed so fucking bad. It's Duncan's tough luck and your's as well that he choked those layups. But, I ain't lettin' it go.

No fuckin' way.

His ass your bone...carry on.

Sportcamper
07-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Your signature...The Centaur on the left…Are those utters?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ytp9ib.jpg

Thread
07-09-2013, 05:03 PM
His ass your bone...carry on.

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI-FI
07-09-2013, 05:03 PM

No fuckin' way.
that's fine. like DMC already pointed out, you found the most chicken shit opportunity to return, scared of taking a risk when it was still game 6. You still haven't shown proof of all these PMs asking for your return. Besides parroting, least you have the Lakers future to look forward to, which tbh, I've never seen it in this state of Rejection and uncertainty.

Thread
07-09-2013, 05:10 PM
that's fine. like DMC already pointed out, you found the most chicken shit opportunity to return, scared of taking a risk when it was still game 6. You still haven't shown proof of all these PMs asking for your return. Besides parroting, least you have the Lakers future to look forward to, which tbh, I've never seen it in this state of Rejection and uncertainty.

You asked me. You just never thought Duncan and your core would fuck 3-2 up. And frankly I didn't either. But, you fucked up, HI. And you have to answer for it.

Duncan was headin' for the barn and safety when the roof fell in and he ended up playing a game he should not have had to play. Nonetheless he choked not one, but, two point blank layups over a much shorter player. I will not let this slide. I've received numerous PM's imploring me, yes, once again the messages are flying over the transom with vigor. This time is different. This time they're calling me to take up my hammer and the attendant tong and beat you fellows mercilessly.

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDfan2007
07-09-2013, 05:14 PM

He definitely choked on that layup, but when everyone around him was shriveling in game 7, he had a great game and had the balls to take the shot to tie it, it just didn't go down due to bad luck.

He was also in God mode for the first half of game 6, then Tony, Manu, and Pop put forth one of the most mystifyingly awful 2nd half performances that I've ever seen.

But I'm happy for you that you have another number to trot out. I'm sure the whole "5>4" thing was starting to lose its luster.

naico
07-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Bryant and Nash were stunned. He'd never told them any of this before, or asked them to defend him publicly. They'd known he was injured and appreciated he came back to play many months before the initial time frame given following his back surgery, but the code among players is that if you don't say anything to your teammates about an injury, it's something you can handle on your own. If you need help, you tell your teammates and they close ranks around you, defending your honor to the public and on the court.

I'm not a Howard fan. But this part right here is laughable. BS journalism. Wow.

Michael Jordan.
07-09-2013, 06:25 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/620033/steve-nash-crying-o.gifhttp://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/620033/steve-nash-crying-o.gifhttp://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/620033/steve-nash-crying-o.gif

Koolaid_Man
07-09-2013, 06:36 PM
You asked me. You just never thought Duncan and your core would fuck 3-2 up. And frankly I didn't either. But, you fucked up, HI. And you have to answer for it.

Duncan was headin' for the barn and safety when the roof fell in and he ended up playing a game he should not have had to play. Nonetheless he choked not one, but, two point blank layups over a much shorter player. I will not let this slide. I've received numerous PM's imploring me, yes, once again the messages are flying over the transom with vigor. This time is different. This time they're calling me to take up my hammer and the attendant tong and beat you fellows mercilessly.

your balls... his mouth.....please pull em out....

LkrFan
07-10-2013, 06:48 AM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

rayjayjohnson
07-10-2013, 06:57 AM

solid take tbh

robinlopez.gif
07-10-2013, 08:28 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/589434/robin-lopez-o.gif

Ashy Larry
07-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Greetings :toast

Cubby with the hammer of Thor ......