PDA

View Full Version : Fukushima plant boss, hero, dies of cancer

cheguevara
07-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Masao Yoshida – whose actions as manager of the Fukushima Daiichi power plant during its triple meltdown averted an even greater disaster – has died.

Yoshida, 58, took early retirement from the plant's operator, Tepco, in late 2011 after being diagnosed with oesophageal cancer. He died in a Tokyo hospital on Tuesday, reports said.

Tepco and Yoshida, a heavy smoker, said the cancer was not related to the nuclear accident caused by the March 2011 tsunami that hit Japan. :lol

He will be remembered most of all for defying an order from senior Tepco officials in Tokyo to stop pumping seawater into one of the damaged reactors in a frantic effort to keep it cool. Tepco officials were concerned that pumping seawater into the reactors would render them commercially useless.

rest in peace hero :tu

cheguevara
07-10-2013, 04:25 AM
I remember well so called "experts" here would bet their life noone would die from the disaster :rolleyes

mouse
07-10-2013, 04:27 AM
Agloco?

cheguevara
07-10-2013, 03:36 PM
oh it was more than 1 so called "expert" here

real quiet over here regarding this topic :lol

cheguevara
07-10-2013, 03:41 PM
meanwhile, more "experts" from Tepco and Japanese government are in a race to restart as many reactors as possible ignorings things such as radiation levels in water and trying to flow contaminated water back to the sea:
SITUATION WORSENS

Tokyo Electric Power Co, the operator of the Fukushima station, hit by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami, said that an observation well between the damaged reactor No. 2 and the sea showed levels of radioactive caesium-134 were 90 times higher on Monday than they had been the previous Friday.

Tokyo Electric, also known as Tepco, said it detected caesium-134 at 9,000 becquerels per litre, 150 times above Japan's safety standard. A becquerel is a measure of the release of radioactive energy.

The reading for caesium-137, with a half life of 30 years, was some 85 times higher than it had been three days earlier.

The latest findings, 25 metres from the sea, come a month after Tepco detected radioactive caesium in groundwater flowing into its wrecked plant far from the sea on elevated ground. The level of caesium found in June was much lower than the amount announced on Tuesday.

The spike, combined with recent discoveries of high levels of radioactive elements like tritium and strontium, suggest that contaminated water is spreading toward the sea side of the plant from the reactors sitting on higher ground.

"We don't know what is the reason behind the spike," Tepco spokeswoman Mayumi Yoshida told Reuters. "We're still looking to determine the causes behind it."

The operator has been flushing water over the three reactors to keep them cool for more than two years, but contaminated water has been building up at the rate of an an Olympic-size swimming pool per week.

In April, Tepco warned it may run out of space to store the water and asked for approval to channel what it has described groundwater with low levels of radiation around the plant and to the sea through a "bypass". Local fishermen oppose the proposal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/09/fukushima-groundwater-radiation_n_3565767.html#slide=2203465

FuzzyLumpkins
07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
The article says its unrelated and then laughing it off is supposed to just make that go away?

TeyshaBlue
07-10-2013, 06:09 PM
The article says its unrelated and then laughing it off is supposed to just make that go away?

Che is not known for critical thinking.

cheguevara
07-10-2013, 08:31 PM
:lmao unrelated

you get diagnosed with throat cancer months after exposing your tissue directly to incredible amounts of radiation isotopes

yet, your employer states that's got nothing to do with you dying of cancer

it is funny thus why Che laughs.

:lol :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
07-10-2013, 09:49 PM
:lmao unrelated

you get diagnosed with throat cancer months after exposing your tissue directly to incredible amounts of radiation isotopes

yet, your employer states that's got nothing to do with you dying of cancer

it is funny thus why Che laughs.

:lol :lol

You just ignoring the part where it says Yoshima said it was unrelated? Or the part where it said he was a heavy smoker?

I'm not an oncologist but going to metastasis and death in a matter of months sounds a bit specious.

Rogue
07-10-2013, 10:39 PM
I'd rather believe it was caused by the "fat man" or the "little boy" tbh, if not for the 2011 tsunami and aftermath

cheguevara
07-10-2013, 11:27 PM
You just ignoring the part where it says Yoshima said it was unrelated? Or the part where it said he was a heavy smoker?

I'm not an oncologist but going to metastasis and death in a matter of months sounds a bit specious.

Really so because he said it, then it must be true?

He might have been sick from smoking but let me tell you taking lethal doses of radioactivity directly in the naked tissue helped his cancer finish him off in a matter of weeks.

anyone who believes otherwise(that the lethal dose of radiation had absolutely NOTHING to do with his death) must also believe in the Easter Bunny

mouse
07-11-2013, 01:29 AM
According to Agloco and his possy of salad tossers that radiation was no more dangourous than eating a banana.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Really so because he said it, then it must be true?

He might have been sick from smoking but let me tell you taking lethal doses of radioactivity directly in the naked tissue helped his cancer finish him off in a matter of weeks.

anyone who believes otherwise(that the lethal dose of radiation had absolutely NOTHING to do with his death) must also believe in the Easter Bunny

Hmm so the "that's his employer" bullshit was shot down so now this?

You know what sophistry is?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-11-2013, 01:45 AM
According to Agloco and his possy of salad tossers that radiation was no more dangourous than eating a banana.

I don't agree with that at all if that was indeed was claimed but when the man himself says it's not the case then I have a hard time buying the conspiracy bullshit.

Wild Cobra
07-11-2013, 01:52 AM
I find it unlike the cancer he has was related to the disaster.

It wasn't throat cancer. Throat cancer could be from breathing in radioactive material. Do you guys believing it was cause by the incidence also believe he drank the heavy water or something?

You guys should look up what oesophageal cancer is.

Agloco
07-11-2013, 11:27 PM

This. More than just a bit specious, quite impossible if exposure to Fukushima was the only factor involved.

Agloco
07-11-2013, 11:33 PM

Have you spoken to any oncologists about this? What do they have to say?

Heya mouse. How's the security gig going?

mouse
07-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Heya mouse. How's the security gig going?

Had to abandon it there is a huge backlog of Audits on my desk I'm not even checking if people need insulation or new refrigerators anymore I'm approving all in order to keep the contract if we don't spend the Obama casa verde energy star funds we won't get more funding.