PDA

View Full Version : Mother Brings Her Premature Baby Back to Life With Two Hours of Cuddles

Fabbs
07-10-2013, 07:15 AM
http://www.parentsociety.com/news-2/mother-brings-her-premature-baby-back-to-life-with-two-hours-of-cuddles-kisses-and-loving-words-after-doctors-pronounce-him-dead/

mrsmaalox
07-10-2013, 08:40 AM
That's a sweet story :)

But I'm surprised at the end when it says Kangaroo Care is just now being used at increasingly more British hospitals. It's been a standard here for quite a while, I did it with my 27 week preemie 17 yrs ago. It's uncommon to lose preemies here after 24 weeks anymore because of all the advances that have been made, Kangaroo Care being an extremely significant one.

Spur-Addict
07-10-2013, 08:51 AM
That's remarkable. All of the modern technology on hand couldn't save the child. Yet, some instinctive motherly care (old school) saves the day. I wonder the extent of what they use to indicate the absence of life, and if it should differ when judging between an adult, and a new born.

Woo Bum-kon
07-10-2013, 09:02 AM
This story should be encouraging to Karen Santorum.

I. Hustle
07-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Wow, that is interesting. I haven't even heard of that before. Really cool

Koolaid_Man
07-10-2013, 10:46 AM
that's very heartwarming

easjer
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Survival rate of a 24 weeker is still down around 50%, though advances are being made all the time; sometimes it just comes down to weight at birth and whether or not there was time for steriods to be on board. Even then, micro-preemies face tough times. There are just so many things underdeveloped and so many things that can go wrong. This story is amazing for so many reasons, but I am wondering about potential brain damage. Hope everything continues well for them.

Rogue
07-11-2013, 09:02 PM
infants are tougher than adults in some way, like the baby who slept amid snow and ice in Sweden for quite a few days and still survived. Babies are more likely to survive extreme environments and critical health conditions, and they also heal faster than adults.

silverblk mystix
07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
So, no one believes in miracles huh?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-12-2013, 07:24 PM
This story should be encouraging to Karen Santorum.

She got an abortion via medication. She had no interest in bringing her baby back, she's a baby killer.