PDA

View Full Version : So Andrew Garfield is Suggesting a Gay Spider-Man

David Duke
07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/andrew-garfield-spider-man-gay_n_3574335.html

Back in 2010, before Andrew Garfield was cast as Spider-Man in "The Amazing Spider-Man," the comic book's fans debated whether Donald Glover could star as the friendly neighborhood webslinger. Glover, an African-American multi-hyphenate (actor, comic, rapper) memorably started the #donald4spiderman campaign after io9 commenters suggested him for the role. (Writer Marc Bernadin acted as the Billy Joel in this story, starting the proverbial fire with his io9 piece "The last thing Spider-Man should be is another white guy.")

Glover, of course, didn't get the role (he, however, was given a shout-out in "The Amazing Spider-Man"), but the groundswell of support the actor received showed that audiences are starved for superheros who break the traditional mold. Which perhaps is why the current Spider-Man has made the suggestion that Peter Parker may be gay.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly's EW.com, Garfield offered that the initials "MJ" -- short for Parker's future love Mary Jane -- don't necessarily have to represent Mary Jane.

"I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he said. "And I was like, 'What if MJ is a dude?' Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It's hardly even groundbreaking! [...] So why can't he be gay? Why can't he be into boys?"

That Garfield would support a gay Spider-Man is hardly surprising; the actor was very vocal in his support for same-sex marriage. "Of course I'm in favor of marriage equality. Same-sex couples should have the same rights as anybody else," Garfield told The Times of London. "There is no argument against equality."

As it turns out, however, Peter Parker will remain straight in the current series of Spider-Man films. Sony had cast Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane, but her performance was cut out of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and the character might get recast for the third and fourth films.

Despite that, Garfield has one great casting suggestion for who would play the male version of MJ. Head to EW.com to find out which actor Garfield had in mind and what director Marc Webb thinks of the actor's suggestion.

Shit is bullshit IMO. If they want a gay super hero then they should create a gay superhero. Don't go take an American icon an change his sexuality to promote a fucking agenda.

SupremeGuy
07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous. Kind of like how the Green Lantern is a faggot now. Fucking weak shit.

JMarkJohns
07-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Sequel: The Amazingly Fabulous Spider-Man.

Suspect
07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021563/Marvel-Comics-reveal-new-Spider-Man-black-gay-future.html

2pac > Kobe
07-10-2013, 06:07 PM
andrew garfield is a flaming faggot

Rogue
07-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Spider-Man is a dying franchise already. I'm kind of surprised that some people are still giving two shits about that fag dressed in red grid-printed tight suit, when the Avengers are kicking even batman and superman's asses thanks to my Goddess and Downey.

CubanSucks
07-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Spider-Man is a dying franchise already. I'm kind of surprised that some people are still giving two shits about that fag dressed in red grid-printed tight suit, when the Avengers are kicking even batman and superman's asses thanks to my Goddess and Downey.

Dark Knight trilogy >>>>>>>>>>> The Avengers and any of their individual movies. It's still great, despite the bland as shit character and performance of your goddess

2pac > Kobe
07-10-2013, 09:41 PM
avengers was boring as fuck saw that shit in theatres just another waste of my high imo, btw I havent seen these new spidermans yet and probably wont shits gay

rr2418
07-10-2013, 09:58 PM
That's what happens when they cast a Brit to play an American superhero!

hehateme
07-10-2013, 11:23 PM
cue the ambigiously gay duo movie in 3...2...1

Rogue
07-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Her character known as "black widow" in the avengers is also one of my least favorite characters she has portrayed because you couldn't see even a flashing glimpse of herself on that character. My goddess once said she puts a bit of herself in every character she makes but the "black widow" has to be her only exception imho. That role was not a right one for my goddess in the first place, I'd like to see Natalie fucking Portman take that role anyday to get gangbanged by Chris Evans and my nigga Downey.

Leetonidas
07-11-2013, 01:00 AM
I refuse to watch a brit spiderman and that new shit is fucking gay. I love the first three spiderman movies, even the third which everyone hated, but everyone in that series was cast fucking perfectly (except Topher gayce, he kinda fucked up spidey 3 big time) and the new movie looks like ass, never gonna see that excrement

Jacob1983
07-11-2013, 01:35 AM
It wouldn't ever happen. America will never have a gay super hero that is successful at generating revenue and popularity. The American public just doesn't want to see a fruity queen as a super hero.

Death In June
07-11-2013, 01:40 AM
It wouldn't ever happen. America will never have a gay super hero that is successful at generating revenue and popularity. The American public just doesn't want to see a fruity queen as a super hero.Batman.

Avante
07-11-2013, 01:40 AM
I do get a kick out of all this gay shit.

I'd love to see an NFL QB win the Superbowl and then while being interviewed here comes his gay lover and the world gets to watch a big hug and kiss. We'd see how things really are and yes it is still....OH YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll see how different that is from a man and his woman.

silverblk mystix
07-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I stopped watching cartoon movies when I was about 11 years old. As a young boy I thought," Why does batman wear tights and a mask - that is some gay shit!"

Then everyone started re-making cartoon movies but with some violence and cursing - and labeled them "adult" movies.....lmao.

And people swallowed this shit too.

Time to grow up - leave your toys behind...

Henry Swanson
07-11-2013, 10:32 AM
This is the problem with all this PC crap. You give gays roles as hosts on cooking shows, celebrity crap and even some of their own shows about dressing up like women. That's fine but when you do that you open the door to other possibilities. Like, hey these people must love the gays so let's start incorporating them into some other TV shows and movies. Even that is ok because if you don't like the gays then you don't have to watch.
NOW, you start taking things like superheroes that children watch and incorporate "exploring their sexuality"? This shit is supposed to be for kids. Why do they have to change it just because some gay guy fantasized about getting it from Spiderman? Let them keep Aquaman!

Same shit with sports. Who cares that the Collins guy is gay? Can't he just go out there and play monkey ball? Why does it have to be in the papers, news, sports sites, etc. Just go out there and put the damn ball in the hoop and when you get home you can do whatever the hell you like.

Jacob1983
07-12-2013, 12:46 AM
In America, a person is considered a hero and even a legend if they are a homosexual and are loud and proud about it. Lying about yourself to others isn't heroic or legendary.

Rogue
07-12-2013, 12:55 AM
In America, a person is considered a hero and even a legend if they are a homosexual and are loud and proud about it. Lying about yourself to others isn't heroic or legendary.
that's the golden rule in America, I agree 100%. Americans look down upon liars and I've actually felt that people have been liking me more than ever since I stopped acting like a nigga (the LM troll), how they convinced themselves to re-elect Obama to a 2nd term is beyond me though.

Jacob1983
07-12-2013, 04:15 AM
I was actually taking a jab at closeted homosexuals that come out and are treated like heroes and royalty. If being gay is normal, then they shouldn't be treated like heroes or legends. Gayness should not be treated as something special or unique. If gayness is a normal thing then with that logic, it should be treated and viewed like straightness. That means that no one makes a big deal about two guys kissing or doing each other in the butt. We get it, you're gay. You want a medal?

MannyIsGod
07-12-2013, 04:41 AM
LOL Jacob finds himself in every thread that talks about gay people. Every fucking one.

Xevious
07-13-2013, 06:47 AM
they need to abort this new spiderman movie series and let the rights revert back to marvel
This.