PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook/Rose

McGusto55
07-10-2013, 08:51 PM
The injury that happend to Westbrook is it the same as Rose?

monkeypunk
07-10-2013, 08:54 PM
The injury that happend to Westbrook is it the same as Rose?

I think Rose was an ACL and Westbrook was a miniscus tear.

MR-Clutch
07-10-2013, 08:54 PM
No, Rose tore his Acl. I think Westbrook had a meniscus tear. This should be asked in the nba forum, for future reference.

spurraider21
07-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Westbrook should be good to go by the start of the season I think. Rose missed an entire season :lol

Russ
07-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I think Rose was an ACL and Westbrook was a miniscus tear.

Westbrook's is like Duncan's in 2000. Duncan started from day one the next season and I think he was MVP the year after.

Dingle Barry
07-10-2013, 09:08 PM
No, Rose tore his Acl. I think Westbrook had a meniscus tear. This should be asked in the nba forum, for future reference.

It should be asked to google tbh

monkeypunk
07-10-2013, 09:09 PM

True story.

hooperflash
07-10-2013, 09:20 PM

DB with the goods. :lol

racm
07-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Westbrook's is like Duncan's in 2000. Duncan started from day one the next season and I think he was MVP the year after.

yup. Only knock I have is that Duncan having his vertical leap getting reduced to zero hasn't held back his game much. Westbrook's game is about barrelling into the paint when he's not settling for jumpers.

Just means that Brooks has to manage his minutes a bit more... good thing the Thunder have Reggie Jackson.

Kidd K
07-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Rose's injury was a lot more severe too. Westbrook's probably going to be back for game 1 of the season. At worst he'll miss a month then be back at 80-90% and be working to 100% through the first half of the season.

Rose should be back at 100% to start the season and will probably be better than Westbrook immediately.

racm
07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Rose's injury was a lot more severe too. Westbrook's probably going to be back for game 1 of the season. At worst he'll miss a month then be back at 80-90% and be working to 100% through the first half of the season.

Rose should be back at 100% to start the season and will probably be better than Westbrook immediately.

Physically? Yes. Mentally? Considering Rose snacked on candy while his teammates dropped like flies (Deng wanted to play despite being confined due to a spinal tap!)...

Kidd K
07-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Physically? Yes. Mentally? Considering Rose snacked on candy while his teammates dropped like flies (Deng wanted to play despite being confined due to a spinal tap!)...

Bulls weren't going anywhere with how banged up their team was. Rose coming back was a risk not worth taking despite how the Bulls' front office threw him under the bus in the media to try and guilt him into coming back early. Rose was more hurt than they claimed. You could see him limping around during and after his practices.

You can't trust Chicago media when it comes to sports. They're very disloyal to players, always throwing them under the bus and rarely if ever question ownership or front office decisions. They did it with Frank Thomas, Sammy Sosa, every Bears QB that I can remember (yes there's some merit in that one), and now Derrick Rose. Every major Chicago sports figure since Jordan gets blasted for the smallest shit like they're just waiting to tear them apart the moment they decline or do something they don't like.