PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone really surprised? Pop already told us what the offseason plan was, tbh.

dallasmaverickslose
07-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes yes yes I know you're all upset we haven't made any huge FA splashes or big trades (so far). I'd be lying to you if I said I was bummed when I found out our talks to get AK47 stalled.

But Pop already told us not to expect a a major facelift. As far as I can see, (unless he's going CIA Pop on us, which isn't out of the question) we've had the exact type of offseason he told us we'd have. It's not like we didnt pick up anybody. We got some guys that I believe can be notable role players for us. Plus, we have players like Baynes, CoJo, and De Colo that haven't shown us a whole lot of what they can do, yet. Let's give this squad the whole offseason a chance to mesh together. The whole team gained a hell of a lot of experience this past season, which is something that I believe is a huge asset in our immediate and long-term future.

Maybe something big will happen, maybe it won't. But please remember what happened last time we made a "huge" offseason move. Cough cough RJ cough cough. Maybe we don't need big name players. Perhaps what we're doing this offseason is just what the doctor ordered. Role players that can come up big for us is more important than landing a big name player in FA or a trade.

:flag:

spurraider21
07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
i wouldn't call signing kirilenko a "facelift" since we didn't cut anybody to get him. even if it was a S&T with the likes of bonner/mills that wouldn't be a facelift. he meant that as in we are bringing back tiago, manu, keeping our core in tact. i dont think bonner/mills/de colo qualify there.

and we're bummed because more than 1 story about the spurs and kirilenko broke, meaning they were very serious about picking him up

RD2191
07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Manu me la pela. :hat:lmao

dallasmaverickslose
07-10-2013, 09:30 PM
i wouldn't call signing kirilenko a "facelift" since we didn't cut anybody to get him. even if it was a S&T with the likes of bonner/mills that wouldn't be a facelift. he meant that as in we are bringing back tiago, manu, keeping our core in tact. i dont think bonner/mills/de colo qualify there.

and we're bummed because more than 1 story about the spurs and kirilenko broke, meaning they were very serious about picking him up

True, but I believe AK47 would be one of the bigger Spurs FA signings in the past decade. It wouldn't be simply adding a role player.

Mikeanaro
07-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Pop already said that, everyone here knows his stubborness he will make the same mistakes over and over again till it works

Manu me la pela. :hat:lmao
Y vos te la dejas tocar? sos raro

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-10-2013, 09:32 PM
IF the Spurs get AK or Ellis, that isn't a face lift or a significant change. Totally gutting your bench or trading away a couple of starters is a major facelift. AK or Ellis or both would just be a bench upgrade. Something the Spurs saw they needed after playing the Heat.

RD2191
07-10-2013, 09:35 PM
:wow:lmao

dallasmaverickslose
07-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up. This is how the Spurs offseason usually is. Considering that we've played at a consistently high level for almost 2 decades, I won't question what RC and Pop are doing.

Russo21
07-11-2013, 06:31 AM
I won't question what RC and Pop are doing.

Benching Tim freakin Duncan during the last posessions of a championship closeout game?? I'd question the senile old fart about that.

Raven
07-11-2013, 06:39 AM
i don't recall him sayin that the plan was to waste a lot of capspace in two scrubs none wanted.

therealtruth
07-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Pop already said that, everyone here knows his stubborness he will make the same mistakes over and over again till it works

Y vos te la dejas tocar? sos raro

Spurs ownership has given Pop enough rope to hang himself and he continues to do so.

Kidd K
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Surprised, no. Disappointed, yes.

Vic Petro
07-11-2013, 12:25 PM
True, but I believe AK47 would be one of the bigger Spurs FA signings in the past decade. It wouldn't be simply adding a role player.

What else would it be? I guess it depends on your definition of role player.

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Benching Tim freakin Duncan during the last posessions of a championship closeout game?? I'd question the senile old fart about that.

It's called managing his minutes for this season, he wanted him fresh for the 1st game of the year.

bbarry
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
You can tell who hasn't been Spurs fan for very long when these kinds of threads are made (I.E. people that get upset when there isn't any major or even medium-sized moves). Although, I would call Belinelli a medium-sized move.

xmas1997
07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Same ol', same ol'.

Russo21
07-12-2013, 03:33 AM
It's called managing his minutes for this season, he wanted him fresh for the 1st game of the year. :lmao