PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson?..

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I've wanted Gerald Henderson since last season, tbh, he was on my list of FA candidates..

He has improved every season in the league:

9.7 PER
16.4 last season

He has improved his shooting every season, he shot 33% from 3 last year, which isn't good, but a significant improvement over 19% and 23% in the 2 previous years..

He shouldn't be a starter on a good team, but I believe he could excel as the co-6th man with Manu, tbh..the problem could be his inflated contract demands, but he's only 25..

He's only 6'5", but he played half his minutes at SF last season and produced better at SF, tbh..he's not a notable defensive player, he's average, but that doesn't matter with Kawhi and Green in front of him on the depth chart, tbh..the Spurs need offense, at this point..

Good finisher at the rim and above average passer for an athletic wing, tbh..

TheGoldStandard
07-10-2013, 11:30 PM
No more guards.

SpurPadre
07-10-2013, 11:30 PM
You lost me at "He's only 6'5" Nice try. NEXT.

Sean Cagney
07-10-2013, 11:31 PM
NO NO, NO...... No more guards. You also said no a very good defender, double no... We need a legit back UP SF! We have enough 6'5 guys.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Kirilenko is the only actual SF/PF on the market worth acquiring, tbh, and that doesn't appear likely..

As I said, Henderson was better on both ends of the floor at SF last season, he's better as a SF, although it doesn't really matter as a backup, tbh..

SpurPadre
07-10-2013, 11:32 PM
I will say he would've been a nice alternative to Neal and Belineli but that's a moot point now.

Leetonidas
07-10-2013, 11:32 PM
HH is right actually, Henderson is a good player and plays his ball at SF. As a backup I wouldn't mind him but yeah he's a bit undersized and isn't a noteworthy defender

TheGoldStandard
07-10-2013, 11:33 PM
We'll just roll with the plethora of guards we have not to fill that backup SF spot rather than just bring another one in for that spot.

Sean Cagney
07-10-2013, 11:33 PM
I will say he would've been a nice alternative to Neal and Belineli but that's a moot point now.

Exactly.

coyotes_geek
07-10-2013, 11:43 PM
No thanks. Not good enough at shooting the 3, which is pretty much a requirement on this team.

Also, this:

Spursfanfromafar
07-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Redundant with the Belinelli signing.

Texas_Ranger
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Solid player and yes he played a lot of SF last year. If Kirilenko doesn't come, I wouldn't mind Henderson.

dallasmaverickslose
07-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I've wanted Gerald Henderson since last season, tbh, he was on my list of FA candidates..

He has improved every season in the league:

9.7 PER
16.4 last season

He has improved his shooting every season, he shot 33% from 3 last year, which isn't good, but a significant improvement over 19% and 23% in the 2 previous years..

He shouldn't be a starter on a good team, but I believe he could excel as the co-6th man with Manu, tbh..the problem could be his inflated contract demands, but he's only 25..

He's only 6'5", but he played half his minutes at SF last season and produced better at SF, tbh..he's not a notable defensive player, he's average, but that doesn't matter with Kawhi and Green in front of him on the depth chart, tbh..the Spurs need offense, at this point..

Good finisher at the rim and above average passer for an athletic wing, tbh..

You lost me at your gay ass thread downstairs.

slick'81
07-11-2013, 12:08 AM
With what money

therealtruth
07-11-2013, 12:32 AM
It's interesting he's only 6'5 but he seems to play like a bigger player.

TXstbobcat
07-11-2013, 12:35 AM
So this is now plan B if AK47 doesn't end up happening?

cjw
07-11-2013, 12:42 AM
It's not like he's looking for a $2 million per year deal. He's trying to command $6-$8 million a year, so let's just give up on it.

apalisoc_9
07-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Gerald Henderson is a true SF though unlike Belinneli, Green, Ginobili. That said, I don't know if his shooting is enough to warrant signing this player..probably not.

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 12:49 AM
So this is now plan B if AK47 doesn't end up happening?

I'd rather sign MWP as plan B -- so maybe plan C?

ElNono
07-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Isn't the league average PER something like 13?

Sean Cagney
07-11-2013, 01:33 AM
It's not like he's looking for a $2 million per year deal. He's trying to command $6-$8 million a year, so let's just give up on it.

DAMN, FORGET IT!

Baseline
07-11-2013, 03:44 AM
No Dukies, thank you.

racm
07-11-2013, 03:59 AM
No Dukies, thank you.
Can you imagine him picking a fight with Danny over PT? :lol

freetiago
07-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Spurs need another slasher when the inevitable Parker gets bigger defender on him happens
Ginobili cant do it anymore

BacktoBasics
07-11-2013, 06:46 AM
The excessive use of "tbh" is making some of these threads borderline unreadable. I understand the abbreviation has its place and time but we get it already "you're being honest" and yeah sometimes "you're being quite honest" but my god do you people have to attach it to nearly every post or every third line. Dial it back, we want all your opinions not just your "h" ones.

Raven
07-11-2013, 06:59 AM
very interesting player, he's ready to explode, but i don't find him a good fit for our offense. Also, we already signed belinelli :depressed

Austin_Toros
07-11-2013, 07:21 AM
The excessive use of "tbh" is making some of these threads borderline unreadable. I understand the abbreviation has its place and time but we get it already "your being honest" and yeah sometimes "your being quite honest" but my god do you people have to attach it to nearly every post or every third line. Dial it back, we want all your opinions not just your "h" ones.

Haha! I have seen threads about this issue. And I totally agree with you, tbh.

exstatic
07-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Isn't the league average PER something like 13?

exstatic
07-11-2013, 08:25 AM
The excessive use of "tbh" is making some of these threads borderline unreadable. I understand the abbreviation has its place and time but we get it already "your being honest" and yeah sometimes "your being quite honest" but my god do you people have to attach it to nearly every post or every third line. Dial it back, we want all your opinions not just your "h" ones.

Tbh, your complaint isn't the first on that subject, tbh.

lakerhaterade
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM

If you can understand whats being said then there's no use in whining like an uppity faggot, tbh.

elemento
07-11-2013, 10:09 AM
He is a guard that can't shoot. I pass

I don't even think the FO wants a backup SF badly. They're happy going small with the 2nd unit.

BacktoBasics
07-11-2013, 10:35 AM
If you can understand whats being said then there's no use in whining like an uppity faggot, tbh.Hurling lame insults on a message board sounds exactly like what an uppity whiny laker fan would do. So much for taking your own advice.

Its a legitimate complaint. Its becoming excessive if not obsessive. But calling people "faggots" because its an unmoderated board just makes you sound like an excited 12 year old who can't wait to get away with saying something mommy wouldn't approve of.

Mr. Body
07-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Guy seems like a poor man's Danny Greene.

benefactor
07-11-2013, 10:55 AM
The excessive use of "tbh" is making some of these threads borderline unreadable. I understand the abbreviation has its place and time but we get it already "you're being honest" and yeah sometimes "you're being quite honest" but my god do you people have to attach it to nearly every post or every third line. Dial it back, we want all your opinions not just your "h" ones.
Complaining about it isn't going to get you anywhere. I know you are old school and don't post much anymore...but things have evolved and it's become part of the culture around here now. Hell, even LJ does it all the time. Like all those greys that you skip over because you are pretty sure the take will be worthless, just ignore it.

ElNono
07-11-2013, 10:56 AM

thanks

Leetonidas
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM

this tbh imo fwiw

lakerhaterade
07-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Hurling lame insults on a message board sounds exactly like what an uppity whiny laker fan would do. So much for taking your own advice.

Its a legitimate complaint. Its becoming excessive if not obsessive. But calling people "faggots" because its an unmoderated board just makes you sound like an excited 12 year old who can't wait to get away with saying something mommy wouldn't approve of.

You took what I called you to heart and now look at you addressing another usual occurrence on this board. You talk like such a grownup. Your mommy would be proud.