PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The player they should have had amnestied

Vash StampedE
07-11-2013, 10:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-does-not-want-pay-cut-help-125531553.html

Goddamn, that's over half the salary cap of each team for just one player. Perhaps this was the reason Dwight didn't resign with the Lakers. Thoughts?

RsxPiimp
07-11-2013, 10:34 AM
your mom should've amnestied you the day you were born :lol

Vash StampedE
07-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Hello there! Nice to meet another Kobe dick sucker.

Thread
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
^6

RsxPiimp
07-11-2013, 11:13 AM
6 indeed :toast

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Kobe is one of the least likeable players in NBA history, obviously..

Luckily, he had Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher to negate his terrible, antisocial leadership, tbh, along with perennial luxury tax teams..

jeebus
07-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Kirby shitting on lakerfan pipe dreams of signing beta or some other scrub :lol question is, does Jimbo and Mitchypoo let Kirbs bounce and then go after beta?

AchillesHeel
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
there's a new thread on the same topic every hour..

Raven
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
i'm not sure why would the lakers care about him taking a paycut, none would offer 10+ for him anyway so just let the market make the price.

weebo
07-11-2013, 11:31 AM
lakers would be better off cutting ties with bryant but i really do hope they resign him for more...his career as an all-star level athlete is over...he'll easily get shut down by guys named austin rivers and such :lmao

Vash StampedE
07-11-2013, 12:36 PM
With his ego and all, I think Kobe is not joking about not taking any paycut at all. Getting even a little lower offer than a 32mil/season is a sure hit to his image, in his perspective I assume. That the Lakers front office thinks he can only do much at this point of his career and consequently, offering a smaller contract is perhaps a lowblow to him and to what he has achieved for the franchise.

Having a strong feeling that this is what's about to transpire after next season, it seems that the Lakers are doomed for the years to come. Or maybe not. They are the Lakers. They get what they want. Or maybe they are indeed doomed because of what the new CBA has made of the league.

I just wonder what the outlook of Laker fans, in general, is towards this issue and towards Kobe. Would they have prefered Kobe to be amnestied over MWP? Or better yet, has the idea of amnestying Kobe for the better of the Lakers franchise ever entered your head?

exstatic
07-11-2013, 12:54 PM
If anyone needed ANY proof that Bean is just chasing numbers at this point in his career, this is it. Guys who want to win take a reasonable salary if they've already made nine figures over their career. He must be more worried about supporting Vanessa's diamond habit than about winning.

Rogue
07-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Amnestying kobe would be like performing euthanasia on their old sick grandma tbh. it might sound reasonable but would still be a decision too hard to make. and I don't think the Lakers would save any $ by amnestying him, who's the main cashcow for this team, instead it would only hit them even harder financially. Even a rebuilding team needs a high profile ticket/jersey seller imho

Thread
07-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Only an animal would do such.

ezau
07-11-2013, 10:34 PM
^6

I smell skunk