PDA

View Full Version : Any decent SF's available with a sign and trade?

TheWriter
07-11-2013, 05:55 PM
With AK out of the picture and 7 guards on the roster with Neal looking to cash in. Is there a decent small forward that could be got with a sign and trade?

Keepin' it real
07-11-2013, 05:58 PM
What's the rush? The trade deadline is months away.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Doesn't even have to be decent tbh.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Gerald Green? The Spurs could probably get him for free/Bonner or even get an asset if they move some guards for him, and his deal expires after next season along with everyone else besides Splitter.

Baam
07-11-2013, 06:05 PM
TMac deserves another shot, would give us another reliable ball handler/creator.

Probably not as much of a tosb as Manu at this point and much cheaper.

r0drig0lac
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
SeT I do not know, but we could get maybe joe ingles?

ace3g
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Gelabale and Joe Ingles

jermaine
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
I say Tmac

Baam
07-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Besides TMac sells jerseys like Manu.

TD 21
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
As I said the other day, I'd imagine Singleton is available, given that they're clearly committed to Porter/Webster at SF going forward.

He's been underwhelming so far, but he's the type that's going to look that way on a terrible team. He fits the physical profile of an ideal James/Durant defender to a tee though and had a reputation as a lock down defender in college. He also shot reasonable enough from three as a rookie (low volume, granted) to think that, with the help of Engelland, he could turn into at least a respectable three point shooter.

Texas_Ranger
07-11-2013, 06:13 PM
with a S&T there probably are. But SF free agents are pathetic.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Man, again with the Singleton.

I personally would want someone with a higher PER than Jack's.

TD 21
07-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Man, again with the Singleton.

I personally would want someone with a higher PER than Jack's.

No, you just want someone straight out of the D-League.

Baam
07-11-2013, 06:16 PM
As I said the other day, I'd imagine Singleton is available, given that they're clearly committed to Porter/Webster at SF going forward.

He's been underwhelming so far, but he's the type that's going to look that way on a terrible team. He fits the physical profile of an ideal James/Durant defender to a tee though and had a reputation as a lock down defender in college. He also shot reasonable enough from three as a rookie (low volume, granted) to think that, with the help of Engelland, he could turn into at least a respectable three point shooter.

I talked about him in the think tank, I like the idea as well if they can get it done.

benfti
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Joe Ingles - Get it done

Man In Black
07-11-2013, 06:21 PM
I wonder whatever happened to this Taiwanese-born player who once was a Lottery pick and Big-East 1st Teamer?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Alexander_(basketball)
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.70598.1313820027!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_635/gal-nba-knicks-robinson-jpg.jpg

CGD
07-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Unless they resign Neal for the 15th slot, I think they keep it open until after the summer leagues to see if anyone shines. If not, then someone like Wes Johnson makes sense.

benefactor
07-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Gelabale would be fine to eat minutes behind Leonard.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
No, you just want someone straight out of the D-League.Not at all. Can't really think of anyone I'd sign directly from there to back up Leonard.

I'm just wondering how many seasons Singleton will get a pass before you admit he's a bust.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Gelabale would be fine to eat minutes behind Leonard.Exactly.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
I wonder whatever happened to this Taiwanese-born player who once was a Lottery pick and Big-East 1st Teamer?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Alexander_(basketball)
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.70598.1313820027!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_635/gal-nba-knicks-robinson-jpg.jpg

Oh lord, I just read about him. Literally, the next 12 picks after the Bucks were made on players who are still going strong in the league today. That's just a horrible, horrible team.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 06:37 PM
All the names that have been mentioned are scrubs, tbh..

If those are the options, the Spurs are better off with Diaw/Green playing backup SF, tbh..

xmas1997
07-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Time to bring Sean out of retirement! Lol

Man In Black
07-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I lord, I just read about him. Literally, the next 12 picks after the Bucks were made on players who are still going strong in the league today. That's just a horrible, horrible team.

The Spurs have resurrected a couple of Bucks in the past in Alvin Robertson and Glenn Robinson. While Richard Jefferson was a failure, perhaps at a league Min, this once great athlete can be re-built? Chip and Chad have the technology, they can make him...better...faster...stronger (Insert Bionic Noise Here).

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
All the names that have been mentioned are scrubs, tbh..

If those are the options, the Spurs are better off with Diaw/Green playing backup SF, tbh..If Teddy Pendergrass and Baynes are to play this season, why wouldn't Diaw play SF?

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Could we bid more than the minimum to claim MWP off amnesty? If we kept his minutes low, he might still be useful.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 06:49 PM
If Teddy Pendergrass and Baynes are to play this season, why wouldn't Diaw play SF?

Do you think they're transitioning Diaw to the SF position after we saw flashes in the Finals, tbh?..

Could be an option if he loses a few pounds, as another poster mentioned in the other thread..

coyotes_geek
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Fully acknowledging that we are scraping the bottom of the barrel here, anyone got thoughts on Jeff Taylor of Charlotte? 6'7" SF, can shoot the 3 a little bit. 2 years left on a league min contract, second year unguaranteed.

Charlotte might be interested in one of our PGs. Ramon Sessions is currently their backup to Kemba, and it doesn't look like they've got a 3rd PG on the roster yet. They were near the bottom of the league in both assists and 3pt percentage last year. Might be interested in either Mills or De Colo.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Do you think they're transitioning Diaw to the SF position after we saw flashes in the Finals, tbh?..

Could be an option if he loses a few pounds, as another poster mentioned in the other thread..I thought that was me.

Just makes sense to me. Moving one name on the depth chart makes everything look pretty decent. Counting on Boris to lose the weight is probably folly tho.

raybies
07-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Theres always hedo lol

dbestpro
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Theres always hedo lol

Why not dust off Raja Bell.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
I thought that was me.

Just makes sense to me. Moving one name on the depth chart makes everything look pretty decent. Counting on Boris to lose the weight is probably folly tho.

My bad:lol..

I agree, Diaw getting in decent shape would fill the only major hole on the team(excluding backup PG, but they seem confident in Joseph's progression + Neal possibly returning)..they did pursue Kirilenko, according to the reports, so maybe Diaw at the backup 3 it isn't their ideal plan, though, I guess we'll see..

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
I thought that was me.

Except that we're still carrying 7 guards.

dbestpro
07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
A guy who could be a blast from the past, plays sold D and can play both forward positions that I think is still available is Anthony Tolliver. I mean it may be him or Luke Walton. If you want a project then Austin Daye would fit the mold.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Except that we're still carrying 7 guards.So what? Is there a third string SF who would get minutes ahead of one of the bigger guards at that position?

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 07:40 PM
So what?
The depth chart just seems a little goofy when half our roster is guards.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 07:41 PM
The depth chart just seems a little goofy when half our roster is guards.A couple of them can play minutes at SF, so it's not so cut and dry.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-11-2013, 07:42 PM
austin daye would be good

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 07:43 PM
We'll run Diaw out there or play small... They're probably hoping that Someone from the SL shows up.

Rev Hill
07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Wesley Johnson or Tmac.

Big P
07-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Bring in Gellie!!

DrunkTXLabrat
07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
diaw as a primary backup at 3 is kinda perfect too. the spurs should pick up a project. if not a guy with championship experience like mwp

Leetonidas
07-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I thought that was me.

That's the problem...Boris is extremely versatile and could play a number of positions but he's always out of shape but it also seems that his weight helps him defend better so it's kind of a wash. But Boris at SF has been effective for us and him being able to play there more often would make us better because he's kind of useless playing next to Splitter/Bonner/Blair

Seventyniner
07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
The Heat ran with two centers last season, and one of them was Joel Anthony. You don't have to be two-deep at every spot to contend.

(I'm counting Andersen as the other center; I know Bosh lined up at center a lot but he isn't really one)

Hell, just look at the Spurs last year. Without Jax, Kawhi was the only true SF in the playoffs. Just sign someone for the min to soak up regular-season minutes.

Duncanforthree
07-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Gelabale, TMac or Hedo sounds about right.

I can't believe AK47 signed for 3 million.

eDizzle20
07-11-2013, 09:28 PM
At this point it is time to roll with the guys that are here. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Deshaun Thomas play in the Summer League tomorrow.

Em-City
07-11-2013, 09:33 PM
The Heat ran with two centers last season, and one of them was Joel Anthony. You don't have to be two-deep at every spot to contend.

(I'm counting Andersen as the other center; I know Bosh lined up at center a lot but he isn't really one)

Hell, just look at the Spurs last year. Without Jax, Kawhi was the only true SF in the playoffs. Just sign someone for the min to soak up regular-season minutes.

this.

xmas1997
07-11-2013, 09:36 PM
And if Kawhi gets hurt, then who plays SF?

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
And if Kawhi gets hurt, then who plays SF?

They'll do SF by Committee

DrunkTXLabrat
07-11-2013, 09:39 PM
turkoglu would be a good one.

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 09:40 PM
turkoglu would be a good one.
He spreads the floor..

xmas1997
07-11-2013, 09:41 PM
They'll do SF by Committee

Not a very good idea IMHO.

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 09:42 PM

Didn't say it was.. PG by Committee so probably SF by committee..

AFBlue
07-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Dorrell Wright...no S&T necessary

poop
07-11-2013, 09:48 PM
turkoglu?? again? are you fucking kidding me?? HES DONE

elemento
07-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Dorrell Wright...no S&T necessary

He signed with Portland

Sean Cagney
07-11-2013, 10:25 PM
I say Tmac

^^^^ Probably the only option we have to be honest.

raybies
07-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Imo we need to leave this spot open, let someone fight for a spot on summer league and training camp, see what's available via amnesty or waived or trade deadline. Our roster does seem imbalanced but we did get deeper. We are prepared for small ball. We have options Marco and Gary, if we sign him. There's still a possibility of a move with Gary, be it small.

Wesley Johnson is looking more interesting. He showed potential at the end of the season but now there's outside shots for Thomas, Thompson, and Brown.

Biggems
07-11-2013, 11:03 PM
anyway we can get Ennis away from the Heat?

rmt
07-12-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm for bringing back TMac. He'll have a summer to get in shape, training camp and the experience to being with the team through the Finals. He can teach Leonard a few offensive moves. Spurs need to get their act together. Only 1 true PG and 1 true SF and a zillion SGs. God forbid something happens to TP or KL. These roles by committee aren't going to cut it. OTOH, good thing it's SG that they have depth in as, you know, Manu's gonna spend 1/3 of the season injured and another 1/3 getting back into rhythm (and maybe not getting into rhythm - but it's a good excuse). $7m - what a waste.

Bruno
07-12-2013, 12:15 AM
As SF, only Wesley Johnson is left that could command more than a min contract and I'm not sure what kind of S&T you could do to get him.

Now, the true opportunity isn't a sign and trade, it's a trade and that will happened at the February trade deadline. Spurs have a lot of expiring contracts and will be fine with taking some salaries for 2014-2015.

As it stands the only team I can think that is looking at dumping salaries that way would be Toronto. An offer for a package of Amir Johnson and Landry Fields would be appealing to them.

cd98
07-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Three of the four best players in next year's draft are small forwards. So if a tanking team has any good sf, might as well get rid of them now.

Texas_Ranger
07-12-2013, 07:15 AM
spurs don't even need a really good SF. Just a guy that can play for 10 minutes, but we won't get even that. Fucking guard experiment!

Seventyniner
07-12-2013, 07:59 AM
As SF, only Wesley Johnson is left that could command more than a min contract and I'm not sure what kind of S&T you could do to get him.

Now, the true opportunity isn't a sign and trade, it's a trade and that will happened at the February trade deadline. Spurs have a lot of expiring contracts and will be fine with taking some salaries for 2014-2015.

As it stands the only team I can think that is looking at dumping salaries that way would be Toronto. An offer for a package of Amir Johnson and Landry Fields would be appealing to them.

Why wait until the deadline for a deal like that? Does Toronto really think they're going to contend for a playoff spot? :lol

If the Spurs are willing to take on a little extra salary (and they should be given that they'll be far below the tax), then the Spurs can save Toronto some money because they're over the tax.

My God, that Fields contract is terrible.

dunkman
07-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Ron Ron?

Tuddy
07-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Deshaun Thomas

cd98
07-12-2013, 09:06 AM

Hey we can trade for Rudy Gay.

coyotes_geek
07-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Hey we can trade for Rudy Gay.

They loved Bonner in Toronto!!!!

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-12-2013, 09:34 AM
At this point it is time to roll with the guys that are here. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Deshaun Thomas play in the Summer League tomorrow.

That's my thinking. I think Thomas and Richards are the guys the Spurs are most intrigue in signing to the roster, being they don't have a contract currently, and two, they Both have the body frame and athleticism to play the PF/SF combo role.

Both Richards and Thomas shot 37% 3 point range last year, so both can hit the long ball as well.

I am looking forward to the game tonight. Definitely will be watching it.

K-State Spur
07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
The Spurs have resurrected a couple of Bucks in the past in Alvin Robertson and Glenn Robinson. While Richard Jefferson was a failure, perhaps at a league Min, this once great athlete can be re-built? Chip and Chad have the technology, they can make him...better...faster...stronger (Insert Bionic Noise Here).

Game 1 of '05 Finals notwithstanding, Big Dog was pretty terrible in his Spurs season.

exstatic
07-12-2013, 09:41 AM
No, you just want someone straight out of the D-League.

Danny Green says hello.

spursfan4ever
07-12-2013, 09:51 AM
That's my thinking. I think Thomas and Richards are the guys the Spurs are most intrigue in signing to the roster, being they don't have a contract currently, and two, they Both have the body frame and athleticism to play the PF/SF combo role.

Both Richards and Thomas shot 37% 3 point range last year, so both can hit the long ball as well.

[/B]I am looking forward to the game tonight. Definitely will be watching it.

What channel can we watch the Spurs SL game?

admiralsnackbar
07-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Alvin played for us before going to the Bucks, for what it's worth.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-12-2013, 10:02 AM
What channel can we watch the Spurs SL game?

You can buy the Summer League package from NBA.com OR...

Its a violation to post links to free tv websites. But just Google European sport free tv or something like that. There are European sites that will give you access to almost every professional league basketball game in the world, actually to any sport in the world. Qualities not that the best, but hey, its free and I basically just use them to watch the Spurs and Cowboys games anyways.

tuncaboylu
07-12-2013, 10:06 AM
We've 8 months to think about under trade deadline. No need to rush.

exstatic
07-12-2013, 11:09 AM

We're talking about covering maybe 10 mpg behind Kawhi.

spursfan4ever
07-12-2013, 12:24 PM
You can buy the Summer League package from NBA.com OR...

Its a violation to post links to free tv websites. But just Google European sport free tv or something like that. There are European sites that will give you access to almost every professional league basketball game in the world, actually to any sport in the world. Qualities not that the best, but hey, its free and I basically just use them to watch the Spurs and Cowboys games anyways.

Thanks for the info!

montgod
07-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Caron Butler after buyout maybe decent backup option

cd98
07-12-2013, 01:20 PM

Spurs had interest in him years ago when he opted for Dallas. Every time I see Wesley Johnson, he looks good, but apparently most of the time he plays, he isn't.

Darkwaters
07-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Every time I see Wesley Johnson, he looks good, but apparently most of the time he plays, he isn't.

Last year he shot just under 41% from the field. 32% from 3. Playing around 20MPG he averaged 2.5RPG and didn't do much to move the meter in steals, assists or blocks.

For a minimum deal he might be worth a gamble. But as we already have a stud in Kawhi I'm not sure why we'd be overly concerned with taking much of any risk behind him. Just get a guy that is going to be a solid role player and be content.

cd021
07-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Could be an option if he loses a few pounds, as another poster mentioned in the other thread..

He can guard SFs as is. His weight clearly isn't an issue anymore.

Darkwaters
07-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Deshaun Thomas

Thomas isn't a small forward though. Sure, to have a future in the NBA hes going to have to figure it out, but hes definitely not there yet. That's why hes going to Europe next season.

cd021
07-12-2013, 01:59 PM

Fields would be a good backup, he just can't really shoot.

exstatic
07-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Fields would be a good backup, he just can't really shoot.

He also makes over $6M per year.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-12-2013, 04:29 PM
toronoto does seem like the destination. i can't think of anybody else who'd have interest in bonner. maybe atl, utah, orl, or okc? because of the spurs connection. acy, fields, turkoglu, oquin, davis, harrington, pj3?

TD 21
07-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Not at all. Can't really think of anyone I'd sign directly from there to back up Leonard.

I'm just wondering how many seasons Singleton will get a pass before you admit he's a bust.

We're talking about a 13th or 14th man, which you seemed to comprehend when you said "doesn't even have to be decent tbh" . . . yet here you are, dismissing Singleton.

:lol I'm pretty sure two days ago was the first time I've mentioned him on here.

:lol Yeah, nothing says definitive bust like 123 games, spread over 2 seasons, for one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the league.

dbestpro
07-12-2013, 04:47 PM

Except he is with the Suns, and he has a very valuable expiring contract of 8mil. Such a trade asset will not see a buy out.

Bruno
07-12-2013, 04:50 PM
If Spurs should target a Suns player, they should go after the nameless one. Trading Bonner for him would be wicked history twist...

ace3g
07-12-2013, 04:58 PM
If Spurs should target a Suns player, they should go after the nameless one. Trading Bonner for him would be wicked history twist...

You know the Suns don't have many SGs on the roster S&T for him, could include Bonner as well depending on the contract Neal wants.

Bruno
07-12-2013, 05:00 PM
You know the Suns don't have many SGs on the roster S&T for him, could include Bonner as well depending on the contract Neal wants.

Or you could give them De Colo, Spurs got his pick in the infamous trade.

xmas1997
07-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Nameless one?????????????????????
Who is that?

Mel_13
07-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Who is that?

Scola thread!

xmas1997
07-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Wow!

ace3g
07-12-2013, 05:14 PM
He only has 2 years left on his contract so would line up with the 2014-15 season Spurs seem to want cap space for.

Mel_13
07-12-2013, 05:16 PM
He only has 2 years left on his contract so would line up with the 2014-15 season Spurs seem to want cap space for.

And Phoenix would likely be happy to get the 2014-15 number off the books.

DPG21920
07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
No thanks^

ace3g
07-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Might as well do it now since today is the 6 year anniversary of the trade.

Bruno
07-12-2013, 05:22 PM
yeah, I didn't bring the nameless one just to tease posters but because aa trade would make sense for both. Spurs got a solid player for the end of the Duncan/Ginobili era. The rebuilding Suns get cap relief for an aging player.

Mel_13
07-12-2013, 05:23 PM
No thanks^

Why not?

Bonner plus excess guard(s) in exchange for Scola plus Wes Johnson (S&T).

Makes sense to me.

monkeypunk
07-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Why not?

Bonner plus excess guard(s) in exchange for Scola plus Wes Johnson (S&T).

Makes sense to me.

That doesn't sound bad at all, actually.

DPG21920
07-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Scola sucks badly, Wes Johnson would likely get at least 2 years on his deal and he's not that good and I would hope trading expiring contracts would lead to something that could improve the team.

IMO, from basketball perspective Bonner > Scola for the Spurs. When you factor in the extra year (not that it's that big of a deal) for Scola and Wes, I just don't see the point or that it's an improvement when you could just sign a FA SF for the min and be better basketball wise with Bonner/FASF

Monkeyboy14
07-12-2013, 05:31 PM
who needs a SF when it looks like we are signing GREG THE MONSTER ODEN.

DPG21920
07-12-2013, 05:37 PM
yeah, I didn't bring the nameless one just to tease posters but because aa trade would make sense for both. Spurs got a solid player for the end of the Duncan/Ginobili era. The rebuilding Suns get cap relief for an aging player.

Who's the solid player the Spurs would be getting? He's aging, puts up decent stats but doesn't really impact winning too much. He's not a scrub, but IMO he's not really an upgrade over Bonner overall IMO.

Bruno
07-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Who's the solid player the Spurs would be getting? He's aging, puts up decent stats but doesn't really impact winning too much. He's not a scrub, but IMO he's not really an upgrade over Bonner overall IMO.

You won't catch me defending Scrubla but I think he is better, or more precisely, less bad, than Bonner though.

Now, if Spurs are sold on not taking salaries after 2014-2015, they won't have a gazillion of trade options. I don't really see a gettable PF with 1 or 2 years left on his contract that would make a true difference. I would like more a player like Amir Johnson but not really if the over-cost to get him is a first round pick or taking Fields contract.

DPG21920
07-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Agreed about the not sending picks out (unless it's for a legit player and upgrade), but I just don't see Scola as an upgrade worth having an extra year of salary. I would imagine the Spurs would not care too much about taking back someone with an extra year on their contract, but only if that meant there was an upgrade that was noticeable. Maybe people feel Scola is enough of an upgrade, I am just doubtful.

pad300
07-12-2013, 08:36 PM
You won't catch me defending Scrubla but I think he is better, or more precisely, less bad, than Bonner though.

Now, if Spurs are sold on not taking salaries after 2014-2015, they won't have a gazillion of trade options. I don't really see a gettable PF with 1 or 2 years left on his contract that would make a true difference. I would like more a player like Amir Johnson but not really if the over-cost to get him is a first round pick or taking Fields contract.

I don't know about a "gettable" PF, but personally, I would not actually object to absorbing the Fields contract - it shouldn't be a problem WRT lux tax (we are at roughly $62 million right now, adding $6M doesn't push us beyond the lux tax line of $71M), and it ends in 14/15 which is the right time...
Fields has been a WP/48 positive his entire career, http://www.thenbageek.com/players/220-landry-fields, even with his decline in Toronto. The single biggest issue is clearly that his 3pt% has fallen through the floor - his rookie year was 39.3% on 4.1 3FGA/48... If Chip could get him back on form, he'd be quite a damn good Kawhi backup, maybe even play 3 when Kawhi is playing small ball 4. Fields can defend and rebound, and he has enough skills to fit into an offensive system.

Say
Landry Fields and 2 2014 seconds (TOR and SAC) (alternatively to the 2nd round picks, the right to exchange 1st round picks with TOR in 2014, to 10 protected)
for
Neal (S&T) and de Colo (and/or Mills, depending on TO's choice)

Duncan, Tiago, Baynes
Diaw, Pendergraph, Bonner
Kawhi, Fields
Green, Manu, Belinelli
Parker, Cojo, Mills?

ChumpDumper
07-13-2013, 01:18 AM
We're talking about a 13th or 14th man, which you seemed to comprehend when you said "doesn't even have to be decent tbh" . . . yet here you are, dismissing Singleton.

:lol I'm pretty sure two days ago was the first time I've mentioned him on here.

:lol Yeah, nothing says definitive bust like 123 games, spread over 2 seasons, for one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the league.it kind of does tbh. Is it just because spurfan was so wrong about him as a draft pick?

Chinook
07-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Ugh, there's no way in hell I'd want the team to take on Scola. The big rotation is fine as it is (or rather as it will be). I am all for getting rid of Bonner, but I'd rather give that last roster spot to a player like Richards, Oden or Pittman. That would let Pendergraph and Baynes compete to be Splitter's backup next to Diaw.

Maybe Indiana's still willing to give up a pick for Green...

TheGoldStandard
07-13-2013, 01:34 AM
Ugh, there's no way in hell I'd want the team to take on Scola. The big rotation is fine as it is (or rather as it will be). I am all for getting rid of Bonner, but I'd rather give that last roster spot to a player like Richards, Oden or Pittman. That would let Pendergraph and Baynes compete to be Splitter's backup next to Diaw.

Maybe Indiana's still willing to give up a pick for Green...
Hopefully Sunday we get to see what Pittman has.. I don't think it's much but dropping 100 pounds has got to make him feel more lively

Bruno
07-13-2013, 05:06 AM
The single biggest issue is clearly that his 3pt% has fallen through the floor - his rookie year was 39.3% on 4.1 3FGA/48... If Chip could get him back on form, he'd be quite a damn good Kawhi backup, maybe even play 3 when Kawhi is playing small ball 4.

I agree with you that if Fields can shoot again, he would be a great backup SF but the issue is that it's a big if.

Fields shooting struggles results of a pinched nerve in his shooting arm. He had a surgery to fix that early in the season but he still hasn't been able to shoot well after that. It possible that with a full season, he finally get his shot back but it's also possible that he is broken goods.

ezau
07-13-2013, 08:58 AM
What happened to Gerald Henderson? I thought he was a free agent this season?

TD 21
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
it kind of does tbh. Is it just because spurfan was so wrong about him as a draft pick?

No, I just think, in general, people are too quick to write players off in this league. Thomas Robinson is a perfect example. In one year, he went from close to being the 2nd pick to the Rockets pretty much handing him away. I realize he didn't look very good, but he also didn't play all that much and started off with arguably the single most dysfunctional franchise in the league.

In this specific case, you could be right (in fact, you probably are), but I'll give him another season, or better yet, a season period, on a credible franchise, before definitively labeling him a bust.

Agloco
07-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Who is that?

Was wondering if anyone was going to ask this. :lol

Mr Bones
07-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Luke Walton for the minimum.