PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Nets sign Kirilenko..

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
I can't lie, although I don't expect them to stay healthy, the Nets could be pretty scary, tbh..

PG Williams/Livingston
SG Johnson/Terry
SF Pierce/Kirilenko
PF Garnett/Blatche
C Lopez/Evans

Damn, that's a loaded team, tbh..health, athleticism, coaching and Deron Williams will hurt them, though..

StrengthAndHonor
07-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Kidd should just suit up and allow Frank Lawrence to coach the team :lol

LkrFan
07-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Great news. If they stay healthy, they're a threat to the cHeat. And most importantly, he won't be a Spur.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
How much money is AK47 getting under the table? :lol

jeebus
I'd be shocked if they got to the second round.

Robz4000
Too many TOSBs to win anything. They're now legitimately the 4th best team in the East tho.

Suspect
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Id take that team over the Heat if it wasn't for J.Kidd

j-money24
07-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Poor Kirilenko, opting out of 10M to sign with the nets for 3.1M.. I've made alot of mistakes in my life but never 7M....... Unless he's getting money under the table than it's a good move

Chinook
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
If the Nets are smart, they move Pierce to the bench and keep Kirilenko in the starting lineup.

whitemamba
07-11-2013, 06:21 PM
stacked.

benefactor
07-11-2013, 06:37 PM
:lol NBA
:lol Prokhorov and Kirilenko giving them the finger

ducks
07-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Kirilenko wants to start

ducks
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
derron williams will not have to be all that now
he never really had great players around him
he average 10 points 6-9 assist game nets should be right there to win

Big Empty
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
solid team right there.

Rogue
07-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Chairman's decision imho. the Nets are owned by a Russian sugar daddy so it's really no surprise that AK signed with them, Shved on the way too.

benefactor
07-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Well no shit. :lol

Clipper Nation
07-11-2013, 06:45 PM
You know Stern's just itching to veto this shit :lol

benefactor
07-11-2013, 06:51 PM
The thing is he can't. It's not like a trade. The players union would rise up immediately if he tried to tell a player which team he can and cannot sign with.

D-Wade
07-11-2013, 07:12 PM
If Phil was coaching this team... damn.

As it stands, eh.

Anything less than losing to the Heat in the ECF would be a failure though.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Anything less than a title would be a failure, tbh:lol..

What kind of team pays over 100 million $ for a roster and is happy with just making the playoffs?..oh, wait..

D-Wade
07-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Anything less than a title would be a failure, tbh:lol..

What kind of team pays over 100 million $ for a roster and is happy with just making the playoffs?..oh, wait..

:lolYou're right.

I don't think they have Evans anymore btw... That's how they got The Jet

Clipper Nation
07-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't think they have Evans anymore btw... That's how they got The Jet

I thought they ended up sending Marshon to Boston instead of Evans?

Duncanforthree
07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Sick team.

TheCultOfPersonality
07-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I thought they ended up sending Marshon to Boston instead of Evans?
They did.

Floyd Pacquiao
07-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah just can't see them staying healthy. 2nd exit upcoming tbh.

Rogue
07-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Pierce and KG will be x-factors on this team imho. they're gonna make their last push for another championship ring, like Ray Allen did with the Heat last season, and Ray Allen was like weakest one of the Boston big 3 back in the day. You never underestimate the heart of a champion, no... the hearts of two champions imho. KG and Pierce will be told to lead this team, and Kidd will do a good job as their head coach even without any coaching experience.

Thread
07-11-2013, 10:13 PM
He's a crackpot. Not dope, no, just a flake. He coulda been great, but, something happened and he drifted into the seam of mediocrity. He never emerged.

JamStone
07-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah, age and health are two of the bigger obstacles for this team. Regulating the minutes of KG and Pierce especially will be key in regards to health. I'd expect KG and Pierce to miss a handful of games just to stay healthy, and the Nets clearly can afford to sit them every once in a while. How the perimeter guys (Deron, JJ, and Pierce) co-exist on offense will be interesting. But they clearly have talent and depth and really good size at every position and the chance to be elite defensively. Kirilenko fits great. All he ever was was just a super role player. This situation is great for a super role player.

lefty
07-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Kirilenko turns into a huge pussy come playoff time

Mnky
07-11-2013, 11:22 PM
http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/2102255451.jpg

Lincoln
07-12-2013, 12:02 AM
They need more production out of their backup bigs. Blatche sucks and is a black hole and Evans makes TOSB dampier look look amazing.

I don't get why the hate for Kidd? Yea I kno he is a rookie coach but he has one of the highest bb iqs of all time

spurraider21
07-12-2013, 12:05 AM
They need more production out of their backup bigs. Blatche sucks and is a black hole and Evans makes TOSB dampier look look amazing.

I don't get why the hate for Kidd? Yea I kno he is a rookie coach but he has one of the highest bb iqs of all time

Blatche and Evans are solid reserves tbh.

Girasuck
07-12-2013, 01:11 AM
I guarantee Kirilenko has some sort of deal worked out with Prokhorov for added money in Russia, much like Stockton and Malone did with our late owner Larry Miller and their car dealerships.

Girasuck
07-12-2013, 01:15 AM
Even if he doesn't have another deal with Prokhorov AK's made so much money from his ridiculous max contract from us that maybe he just wants to win a championship now, and there's no way in hell he was gonna do that in Minny.

Thread
07-12-2013, 05:46 AM
^He gives nary a fuck about "a championship now."

Early on? Yep. The NBA culture wore him down, destroyed his inner sanctum. He's been in the winds ever since.

thunderup
07-12-2013, 07:10 AM
I can't lie, although I don't expect them to stay healthy, the Nets could be pretty scary, tbh..

PG Williams/Livingston
SG Johnson/Terry
SF Pierce/Kirilenko
PF Garnett/Blatche
C Lopez/Evans

Damn, that's a loaded team, tbh..health, athleticism, coaching and Deron Williams will hurt them, though..
From the roster alone they look very good, partner. You also forgot Mason Plumlee who can play.

They look like another "big" team team that could give Miami a lot of problems.

AchillesHeel
07-12-2013, 07:33 AM
They'd be scarier if Kidd wasn't coaching. Kidd might have leadership skills and he definitely understands the game but will he make adjustments? How does he manage minutes? Yet to see that. I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired 5 games into the season like MB, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
07-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Great news. If they stay healthy, they're a threat to the cHeat. And most importantly, he won't be a Spur.

^ fucking aye....

jeebus
07-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Nets ain't gettin very far on this roster. Health, age, that lol bench, and coaching inexperience will all play a factor.

Koolaid_Man
07-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Nets ain't gettin very far on this roster. Health, age, that lol bench, and coaching inexperience will all play a factor.

cue the 6 job

Rogue
07-12-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't have no doubt on Kidd. I believe he will soon establish himself as one of the best coaches in the league despite not having any coaching experience before. Contrary to the common belief among mavs fan base, I think that Avery actually did a good job in Dallas. He injected the sense of defense in our blood which laid the foundation for our successful championship campaign in 11, dude wasn't the finest coach out there but still deserved credit for bring the positive changes to this team, and he hadn't coached any team either before becoming the Mavs headcoach if I remember correct. Kidd will only prove to be better than Avery imho

spurraider21
07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Is Prokhorov the best owner in the NBA?

Clipper Nation
07-12-2013, 02:05 PM
The insinuations are unmistakable: Around the NBA, there are calls for the commissioner's office to investigate the possibilities of side deals and Russian rubles ruling the day – for now, unfounded charges based on circumstance and appearances.

Within the NBA, there had long been those promising that deals would start popping up involving Prokhorov that made no fiscal sense, theorizing that high-end players could take less within the constraints of the salary cap and still make up the difference in clandestine pacts.

Once the Russian billionaire convinced a superb Russian player to take $7 million less to be a backup to Pierce, the rest of the NBA's reaction was instant and uproarious. For the first time now, the Nets have truly arrived as a contending franchise. They're good, with a chance to be great, and the rest of the NBA wants an investigation.

"Brazen," one Western Conference GM told Yahoo! Sports.

"Let's see if the league has any credibility," one NBA owner told Yahoo! Sports. "It's not about stopping it. It's about punishing them if they're doing it."

Another Eastern Conference GM: "There should be a probe. How obvious is it?"

The telephone calls and text messages kept coming on Thursday night and Friday morning, and the reason was simple: Few trust Prokhorov to honor the NBA's salary-cap rules and regulations. He made his $15 billion fortune in the wild 1990s in Russia in what he called, "cowboy territory with no sheriff." Bribes were part of the business culture, and Prokhorov confessed to his part in it.
Looks like the league agrees that this is sketchy as hell, tbh....

mudyez
07-13-2013, 06:07 AM
There might go some more draftpicks if there are some back door deals (think T-Wolves).

Not like Prok cares about picks anyway.

Girasuck
07-13-2013, 10:38 AM
^He gives nary a fuck about "a championship now."

Early on? Yep. The NBA culture wore him down, destroyed his inner sanctum. He's been in the winds ever since.

It's the exact opposite man. Early on he was scheduling vacations in May/June cause he didn't want to play basketball in the summer. Dude never showed up in the playoffs, had a mental breakdown and cried, then was taking pictures on a beach in Mexico 3 days after our season ended. The NBA culture did wear him down. That culture is to not give a shit about winning and get as much money as you can. He's over that now and just wants to play.

TheRealCB
07-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Looks like the league agrees that this is sketchy as hell, tbh....

As Zach Lowe said,if you are a Russian,you want Prokhorov to like you.Chances are,he didn't even have to offer sth under the table.AK just kissed the ring.

jeebus
12-21-2013, 12:07 PM
:lol