PDA

View Full Version : We did just make the finals right?

jermaine
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Imma sound silly to many but if im not mistaken we were one rebound away from being champs. Regardless of Tonys injury, Manus turn overs, or Pops stupid sub. We was still in the finals till the end. I don't get all the "it was a terrible off season " talk. We didn't have AK47 when we reached the finals so im sure we dont need him now. Belinelli signing was a dam good move. An we've been playing with all these micro guards, so whats new!?! I want a back up Kawhi too, but owell if we dont. An if anyone on here thinks pendagraph for Blair was a lateral move, your silly. I bet you'll never see him do that bullshit tear drop like Blair. An his mid range gm is on point too. Stop trippin people. Maybe Baynes knows the system better an plays hella better.

spurraider21
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm actually looking forward to see if Baynes can earn a rotation spot

SpurPadre
07-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm excited about the Marco signing but I'm going to wait and see what happens by the trade deadline. If we don't make a deal by then, then I'll be pissed. Yeah, it took us hand-gifting the Title to the Heat in these Finals but father time doesn't stop just for the Spurs. It'll be another year for TD and Manu and we can't expect them to have the same conditioning by next year's playoffs. They need help...and again, I'm willing to wait and see how the season plays out. We still have a good shot but there's still room for improvement, especially when you consider the Rockets and Warriors improving and the Thunder having a healthy Westbrook. A return trip to the Finals isn't a given for us just because we got there this year and should've won it.

jermaine
07-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I couldn't watch tv for a while after that finals loss. But im lookin forward to next season myself. It would be different if we made it an got the shit kicked outta us. The 2 main pieces swapped out Neal an Blair didn't do nuttin in the finals anyway. Neal did for gm 3, but Blair never seen the court. An if the Pendergraph dude can come in off the bench an be a decent role player, I'll take that. Besides Green played dam good defense on Labron. So yes he can play some sf to give Kawhi a blow.

jermaine
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Ooooo we going back barring an injury! An how many times have Westbrook help us beat the Thunder with his dumb play making. Yal fear him to much around here. Fuck that nigga. I love the ball in Westbrook's hands. Takes away shots from Durant who is a waaaay better player.

TXstbobcat
07-11-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm actually looking forward to see if Baynes can earn a rotation spot

Im excited to watch Baynes play tomorrow night in summer league.

07-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm sure there were a lot of "we just won the championship right?" reasoning in 2008. Then the Spurs stood pat, added Kurt Thomas, and got smacked down in the WCF.

Keepin' it real
07-11-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm sure there were a lot of "we just won the championship right?" reasoning in 2008. Then the Spurs stood pat, added Kurt Thomas, and got smacked down in the WCF.

Point being, they made it back to the WCF, and if not for Manu's injury, they might have won it all. So it goes.

spurraider21
07-11-2013, 06:34 PM
It's pretty frustrating when Matt Bonner is making 3.9 million and Kirilenko signed for 3.1

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Spurs will be fine and are still the best in the West IMO, but OKC, Houston and the others are on th same level, tbh..it'll be a toss-up with all these teams..

The shitty part of the off-season is that the Spurs could have been a level ahead of the rest of the league had they made a nice acquisition, tbh..

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 06:36 PM
It's pretty frustrating when Matt Bonner is making 3.9 million and Kirilenko signed for 3.1Were that all AK was making, I guess.

dbestpro
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Were that all AK was making, I guess.

AK's cousin's, son's, uncle on his mother's side just went from being a bellboy in Siberia to running one of the nicest hotels in Russia. Go figure.

07-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Point being, they made it back to the WCF, and if not for Manu's injury, they might have won it all. So it goes.
I don't think "Spurs would have won if Ginobili wasn't' injured" is a good reason to stand pat either

2008 - various injuries, sore ankle, sprained groin
2009 - ankle injury, out for the entire playoffs
2010 - broke nose against Dallas
2011 - fractured arm
2012 - various injuries but relatively healthy, Spurs still got whacked by the Thunder
2013 - hamstring injury

Tired of the Spurs burying their heads in the sands and crossing their fingers that Ginobili will finally deliver a healthy playoff performance. Look at his history, why should they expect anything different?

Darius McCrary
07-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Imma sound silly to many but if im not mistaken we were one rebound away from being champs. Regardless of Tonys injury, Manus turn overs, or Pops stupid sub. We was still in the finals till the end. I don't get all the "it was a terrible off season " talk. We didn't have AK47 when we reached the finals so im sure we dont need him now. Belinelli signing was a dam good move. An we've been playing with all these micro guards, so whats new!?! I want a back up Kawhi too, but owell if we dont. An if anyone on here thinks pendagraph for Blair was a lateral move, your silly. I bet you'll never see him do that bullshit tear drop like Blair. An his mid range gm is on point too. Stop trippin people. Maybe Baynes knows the system better an plays hella better.

AK47 is dumpsta juice.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2013, 07:03 PM

:toast

jermaine
07-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Im excited to watch Baynes play tomorrow night in summer league.

What time so I can dvr it? Please

jermaine
07-11-2013, 07:16 PM
AK47 is dumpsta juice.

Where u from pimpin? I thought I was the one that says dumpsta juice! Or scrap iron.

TXstbobcat
07-11-2013, 07:17 PM
What time so I can dvr it? Please

9:00 pm central time tomorrow on nbatv.

jermaine
07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I don't think "Spurs would have won if Ginobili wasn't' injured" is a good reason to stand pat either

2008 - various injuries, sore ankle, sprained groin
2009 - ankle injury, out for the entire playoffs
2010 - broke nose against Dallas
2011 - fractured arm
2012 - various injuries but relatively healthy, Spurs still got whacked by the Thunder
2013 - hamstring injury

Tired of the Spurs burying their heads in the sands and crossing their fingers that Ginobili will finally deliver a healthy playoff performance. Look at his history, why should they expect anything different?

Can you truly imagine a Spurs team without Ginobili? Ask yourself that seriously

jermaine
07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 07:24 PM
It doesn't hurt to get better or try to improve from last year. True, if we get Kirelenko and TD falls off and Manu gets hurt like he always does it won't matter but still, try to improve your situation. The fact that the Spurs are running with 1 SF is a little perplexing. Standing pat is what the Spurs have always done but I think the FO takes for granted that we have Tim, Tony and Manu, they don't want to consider the fact that they could drop off and the system won't make Pendergraph Tim or Tiago David Robinson. While I want there to be another deep run the Spurs have lost to inferior teams before so lets not just think it's a cakewalk back to the Finals or the WCF.

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Can you truly imagine a Spurs team without Ginobili? Ask yourself that seriously
Yeah, there was Spurs before Manu and there will be Spurs after him... The only moment that will kill me is when Tim Duncan decides to retire.

SpurSwag
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Completely agree, we didn't need wholesale changes. Unbiased I don't see why the spurs can't get back to the finals next year, I don't think okc's current roster has enough and Houston isn't proven yet. I think we'll be fine and should go into this season with the highest of hopes

Darius McCrary
07-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Where u from pimpin? I thought I was the one that says dumpsta juice! Or scrap iron.

I got it from you scro, when you made fun of Blair.

HI-FI
07-11-2013, 08:47 PM
It's pretty frustrating when Matt Bonner is making 3.9 million and Kirilenko signed for 3.1

I honestly have no problems with that. Bonner is a bit overpaid and overplayed, but still has a role and apart of this team. AK47, that is some straight up shady shit, nothing we can do to beat that. That's something owners will have to look into and they may not since so many have skeletons in their closet. I actually feel better about Manu's shitty contract knowing AK47 probably rescued a brother from the Gulags with that deal.

Rogue
07-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Spurs belong to a class of themselves in the west imho. Rockets may look good on paper but they're still one elite PG away from being seriously considered. Clippers will be an amazing team next season with a better coach and probably the only team that's possibly gonna challenge them spurs in the west. OKC are deflated and no longer a threat even with Westchuck back healthy.

Sean Cagney
07-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Completely agree, we didn't need wholesale changes. Unbiased I don't see why the spurs can't get back to the finals next year, I don't think okc's current roster has enough and Houston isn't proven yet. I think we'll be fine and should go into this season with the highest of hopes

I am not gettin my hopes up again and did not last year until late, thats the way to GO IMO! Anything then is a bonus. I thought we were done every round after LA last year lol, Memphis I was sure was going to get us again! I will have that mind frame this year again, anything good is GOOD!

kobexxx
07-11-2013, 10:52 PM
move on

SpurSwag
07-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I am not gettin my hopes up again and did not last year until late, thats the way to GO IMO! Anything then is a bonus. I thought we were done every round after LA last year lol, Memphis I was sure was going to get us again! I will have that mind frame this year again, anything good is GOOD!

Thats ridiculous, I was cconfident in us wwinning those series every time. But to each his own i
suppose

poeticism707
07-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Stop being so naive.

Spurs team was fairly officiated for the first time in years, and you all of a sudden think the the refs and their bosses are going to call the Spurs fairly? LOL.

If it isn't cold shooting or injury, the refs will sweep the Spurs whenever they choose.

Which is yet another reason why Manu and Pop wasting a legit title in the bag for TD is unforgiveable.

Sean Cagney
07-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Thats ridiculous, I was cconfident in us wwinning those series every time. But to each his own i
suppose
It did not make a difference whether I was cautious or not, it played out the way it did. Nothing is ridiculous about it, I fail to get my hopes up too high! Thats all. I hope they win it all and continue to win, but if they don't I was not too high or low to begin with.

Johnny RIngo
07-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Which is yet another reason why Manu and Pop wasting a legit title in the bag for TD is unforgiveable.

It's sad actually. Duncan won't have another comeback season, especially with all the stress he's going to endure this summer with the divorce. Parker's going to be worn out from bullshit FIBA. Ginobili's going to be even worse - SuperManu no longer exists. We're going to see more and more of TOSB Manu the next two years.