PDA

View Full Version : NBA owner's worth.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:34 PM
With all the talk about the Kirilenko signing...I told ya that Prokhorov is the richest owner in the NBA and could literally buy every single team in the NBA and have money left over. What I didnt know is that Peter Holt is the owner with the least amount of money in the NBA @ 80 mil. How do you own an NBA team with only 80 Mil ? This isnt good for us, Spurs fans. Some of you may not remember when there were serious talks going on to move the Spurs to Kansas City...and luckily Robinson arrived and saved San Antonio. If this team starts to fade....same situation may arise. A billionaire offers Holt mega money and moves the team.

spurraider21
07-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Or Prokhorov sells the Nets, buys the Spurs, keeps them in SA, and signs Russian players really cheap :hat

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Would never happen. Not this team.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Would never happen. Not this team.

Money talks. Minneapolis Lakers won 5 titles and are now the Los Angeles Lakers because LA bought them and moved them.

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 07:41 PM
The city of San Antonio would revolt.. mass hysteria

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
The city of San Antonio would revolt.. mass hysteria

That wont matter. LMAO. When a small city like Kansas City can have a pro football team(the Chiefs)...a pro baseball team(the Royals)...and can support a pro basketball team like the Spurs. What does that say about us here in San Antonio. We are a top 10 most populated city in the US and we can barely support one pro team. A rich owner can easily swoop in and take the Spurs. Look at the Seattle/Sacramento situation. Seattle offered 550+ mil...the Maloofs said okay...the city blocked it. We couldnt do that here in San Antonio...we dont have the money...Holt doesnt either.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 07:47 PM
As weird as it sounds, it's not Holt's decision whom to sell the team to, at least not completely. The NBA has to decide to allow a purchase and further to allow a relocation. I think the Spurs have won enough for the league to be very inclined to keep them where they are. They wouldn't let someone just waltz in and buy and move the team if everything is going smoothly in San Antonio.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:49 PM
As weird as it sounds, it's not Holt's decision whom to sell the team to, at least not completely. The NBA has to decide to allow a purchase and further to allow a relocation. I think the Spurs have won enough for the league to be very inclined to keep them where they are. They wouldn't let someone just waltz in and buy and move the team if everything is going smoothly in San Antonio.

Its not up to the league...its up to the city to be viable to support them. And when we hit hard times...its gonna get ugly. Hell...we couldnt even support an Alamodome we built for them...which I thought was ridiculous...(just see my username...best Spurs venue ever).

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 07:50 PM
With all the talk about the Kirilenko signing...I told ya that Prokhorov is the richest owner in the NBA and could literally buy every single team in the NBA and have money left over. What I didnt know is that Peter Holt is the owner with the least amount of money in the NBA @ 80 mil. How do you own an NBA team with only 80 Mil ?You own it with a group of businessmen
This isnt good for us, Spurs fans. Some of you may not remember when there were serious talks going on to move the Spurs to Kansas City...and luckily Robinson arrived and saved San Antonio. If this team starts to fade....same situation may arise. A billionaire offers Holt mega money and moves the team.This ownership group is the best thing off the court to ever happen to the Spurs and their fans. Their priorities were and are to 1) not lose money and 2) keep the team in San Antonio as 2 depends on 1. That they have been able to field championship teams while achieving those goals is pretty amazing.

I'll wait until the lease at the ATT Center is up to worry about the team's moving.

What's that, like 20 years?

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
You own it with a group of businessmenThis ownership group is the best thing off the court to ever happen to the Spurs and their fans. Their priorities were and are to 1) not lose money and 2) keep the team in San Antonio as 2 depends on 1. That they have been able to field championship teams while achieving those goals is pretty amazing.

I'll wait until the lease at the ATT Center is up to worry about the team's moving.

What's that, like 20 years?

Lease at the AT@T has absolutely nothing to do with it. Its like the landlord at your apartment determining when you can and cant leave.

Chinook
Its not up to the league...its up to the city to be viable to support them. And when we hit hard times...its gonna get ugly. Hell...we couldnt even support an Alamodome we built for them...which I thought was ridiculous...(just see my username...best Spurs venue ever).

Why would San Antonio hit hard times? If it's been fine during this economic downturn, it'll be fine for a while. And even still, it would remain the league's decision to move the Spurs. Sacramento had failed to support the Kings for years, but the league wouldn't let them move to a much more prosperous city. Same thing for the Pelicans.

Kool Bob Love
37 yeas in San Antonio. Keep dreaming.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:53 PM
37 yeas in San Antonio. Keep dreaming.

Came as close as close gets in the past. Read about it.

Chinook
Lease at the AT@T has absolutely nothing to do with it. Its like the landlord at your apartment determining when you can and cant leave.

San Antonio is the landlord, though, not the Spurs. So they have to kick the Spurs out, which they're not going to do any time soon.

ChumpDumper
That wont matter. LMAO. When a small city like Kansas City can have a pro football team(the Chiefs)...a pro baseball team(the Royals)...and can support a pro basketball team like the Spurs.Can they?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3486/3784231721_4df938c90b.jpg

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Lease at the AT@T has absolutely nothing to do with it. Its like the landlord at your apartment determining when you can and cant leave.Have you ever broken a lease?

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
That wont matter. LMAO. When a small city like Kansas City can have a pro football team(the Chiefs)...a pro baseball team(the Royals)...and can support a pro basketball team like the Spurs. What does that say about us here in San Antonio. We are a top 10 most populated city in the US and we can barely support one pro team. A rich owner can easily swoop in and take the Spurs. Look at the Seattle/Sacramento situation. Seattle offered 550+ mil...the Maloofs said okay...the city blocked it. We couldnt do that here in San Antonio...we dont have the money...Holt doesnt either.

Are you kidding me. Comparing a NBA team to a porvrty team like the chiefs and royals. They both are shit and both will relocate to San Antonio if anything.

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
#36 Media market, #25 MSA.

12 of the leagues teams play in the top 10 media markets. Of all 30 NBA teams, the only 3 that play in smaller media markets are the Thunder, the Grizz, and the Pelicans.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Came as close as close gets in the past. Read about it.

Ask any racer any real racer. it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning's winning.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Why would San Antonio hit hard times? If it's been fine during this economic downturn, it'll be fine for a while. And even still, it would remain the league's decision to move the Spurs. Sacramento had failed to support the Kings for years, but the league wouldn't let them move to a much more prosperous city. Same thing for the Pelicans.

We dont have the economic fortitude to support any pro team if they go through a struggle. Its been proven in the past. Hell...I remember when we had the SA Gunslingers...they collapsed...no support. Just watch happens with our arena team or whatever they are...that tells you how much they are supported...i dont even know their names. They will be done soon. We try and keep minor league teams because as a top 8 populated city in the US...that is the best we can do? If we had any clout....we'd have a pro football team and pro baseball team.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Can they?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3486/3784231721_4df938c90b.jpg

:lmao OP you dun goof HARD.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 07:59 PM
:lmao OP you dun goof HARD.

How did I dun goof hard? Spurs were in negotiations to move to Kansas City before Robinson arrived.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 08:01 PM
We dont have the economic fortitude to support any pro team if they go through a struggle. Its been proven in the past. Hell...I remember when we had the SA Gunslingers...they collapsed...no support. Just watch happens with our arena team or whatever they are...that tells you how much they are supported...i dont even know their names. They will be done soon. We try and keep minor league teams because as a top 8 populated city in the US...that is the best we can do? If we had any clout....we'd have a pro football team and pro baseball team.

Blame Jerry Jones, the legions of SA Cowboys fans and the fact that baseball sucks for that.

spurraider21
there should really be a Mikhail Prokhorov troll account upstairs :lol

HI-FI
i just can't see the Spurs leaving. yes, anything is possible, a nuke could wipe parts of Texas off a map etc....Just saying under normal conditions, I can't imagine the Spurs bolting for greener pastures. It would have to be a much more lucrative market, like an LA, and I don't see it. Perhaps Austin, but then it would have to compete with UT. Spurs are too much ingrained in SA's culture imo. If owners would want a team like Spurs going to KC, then I would be done with NBA anyways.

poop
07-11-2013, 08:03 PM
#36 Media market, #25 MSA.

12 of the leagues teams play in the top 10 media markets. Of all 30 NBA teams, the only 3 that play in smaller media markets are the Thunder, the Grizz, and the Pelicans.

this. pisses me off when people use the stupid city limits population numbers as if they mean anything...san antonio is NOWHERE NEAR top 10 in population in the real sense

Chinook
07-11-2013, 08:03 PM
i just can't see the Spurs leaving. yes, anything is possible, a nuke could wipe parts of Texas off a map etc....Just saying under normal conditions, I can't imagine the Spurs bolting for greener pastures. It would have to be a much more lucrative market, like an LA, and I don't see it. Perhaps Austin, but then it would have to compete with UT. Spurs are too much ingrained in SA's culture imo. If owners would want a team like Spurs going to KC, then I would be done with NBA anyways.

:lol

I think the two cities are going to have to pool their resources just to get an NFL team in the region.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:04 PM
How did I dun goof hard? Spurs were in negotiations to move to Kansas City before Robinson arrived.

Oh snap look at the logo

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Kcspurslogo.png

ChumpDumper
How did I dun goof hard? Spurs were in negotiations to move to Kansas City before Robinson arrived.After the Kings drew 6400 people a game in 1985?

Hard sell.

HemisfairArena

You'd be suprised, man. I'm not asking your age or anything like that...but I actually went through it. Its no joke. Its the reason everyone says Robinson saved the Spurs staying in San Antonio. The mods here probably know the story. I know it sounds hard to believe but trust me it was very, very close the Spurs move from San Antonio and if we go through hard times again...its more than likely to come up again.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
After the Kings drew 6400 people a game in 1985?

Hard sell.

Let me know when Holt or our great city of San Antonio has 500+ million to keep the Spurs in San Antonio.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
You'd be suprised, man. I'm not asking your age or anything like that...but I actually went through it. Its no joke. Its the reason everyone says Robinson saved the Spurs staying in San Antonio. The mods here probably know the story. I know it sounds hard to believe but trust me it was very, very close the Spurs move from San Antonio and if we go through hard times again...its more than likely to come up again.

Spurs aint going no where. Keep living in the past you old phaggot. :toast

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Spurs aint going no where. Keep living in the past you old phaggot.

I am old...I'll give ya that.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:09 PM
I am old...I'll give ya that.

Let me know when Holt or our great city of San Antonio has 500+ million to keep the Spurs in San Antonio.

But there here right now. You wont even be alive in 10 years old bitch. Why would you care?:lmao

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:10 PM
But there here right now. You wont even be alive in 10 years old bitch. Why would you care?:lmao

Its they're...not there. Education is your friend....or can you afford it?

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Let me know when Holt or our great city of San Antonio has 500+ million to keep the Spurs in San Antonio.Let's see, the Holt group bought the Spurs for $76 million and now it is worth $527 million.

I'd say they pretty much have it.

Anything else you need to know?

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Let's see, the Holt group bought the Spurs for $76 million and now it is worth $527 million.

I'd say they pretty much have it.

Anything else you need to know?

LMAO...are you kidding?

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Its they're...not there. Education is your friend....or can you afford it?

Im dumbin it down brah. Chump already going in dry. Im just here for the gangbang.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:16 PM
LMAO...are you kidding?No.

That is to say nothing of the estimated $160 million they profited in the last 10 years. Or the other proceeds from the ATT Center events they run.

Where did you come up with your number anyway?

Show your work.

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 08:17 PM

I think the two cities are going to have to pool their resources just to get an NFL team in the region.
The San Marcos Stampede?

Kool Bob Love
He cant show his work. You know why? Cause its all bullshit.

HemisfairArena
Im dumbin it down brah. Chump already going in dry. Im just here for the gangbang.

I got nothing against gay marriage...you broke back mountain guys go for it.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
The San Marcos Stampede?The Outlets.

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
The Outlets.
Nice. :lol

Mikeanaro
07-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Lol this is ridiculous, whats your point? Paul Allen has more money than this Prokemon guy and Portland didnīt win since Walton, never tried to move his team nor attempted buying the whole league.
He could make a big offer for the Knicks or the Celtics but Prokemon wants to build his team from scratch and win the ring, little billionaire mind games I guess.

Chinook
The San Marcos Stampede?

I've heard the moniker "Cen-Tex" thrown around a low recently. The could probably just go for "Texas" as their geographic name had Houston not picked the lamest nickname ever.

HI-FI

personally, i like things the way they are. I know teams/corporations are always freaking out about growth, but I think Spurs receive a lot more love and insane devotion because there aren't too many options. I actually think an MLS team would be a better idea for this area. Then again, I'm not a fan of the Austin/SA area growing in population either.

i'm not an old school Spurs fan, only started to like them whenever Alamodome was being built, that's when I got to see it up close as a kid visiting family. I just think that the chances of leaving are much, much less now than then, even if economy went tits up. If Texas economy goes tits up, then it's probably seriously shitty all over, so no point in leaving. I also think that owners will always go where local population has strongest connection to team, since that equals money, and I can't imagine a place like KC developing a stronger connection imo.

And if SA becomes some wasteland, then I can't blame team for leaving.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:20 PM
I got nothing against gay marriage...you broke back mountain guys go for it.Seriously though, you just noticed Peter Holt's net worth 20 years after his group bought the team and now you're afraid?

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:20 PM
No.

That is to say nothing of the estimated $160 million they profited in the last 10 years. Or the other proceeds from the ATT Center events they run.

Where did you come up with your number anyway?

Show your work.

profitablity...well Holt must suck...

Michael Gearon Jr (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/michael_gearon_jr.htm)
Atlanta (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/atlanta.htm)

$316 million

Wyc Grousbeck (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/wyc_grousbeck.htm)
Boston (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/boston.htm)
$360 million
$730 million

Mikhail Prokhorov (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/mikhail_prokhorov.htm)
Brooklyn (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/brooklyn.htm)
$18 billion
$530 million

Michael Jordan (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/michael_jordan.htm)
Charlotte (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/charlotte.htm)
$525 million
$315 million

Jerry Reinsdorf (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/jerry_reinsdorf.htm)
Chicago (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/chicago.htm)
$280 million
$800 million

Dan Gilbert (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/dan_gilbert.htm)
Cleveland (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/cleveland.htm)
$1.5 billion
$434 million

Mark Cuban (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/mark_cuban.htm)
Dallas (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/dallas.htm)
$2.3 billion
$685 million

Stan Kroenke (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/stan_kroenke.htm)
Denver (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/denver.htm)
$3.2 billion
$427 million

Tom Gores (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/tom_gores.htm)
Detroit (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/detroit.htm)
$2.5 billion
$400 million

Joe Lacob (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/joe_lacob.htm)
Golden State (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/golden_state.htm)
$325 million
$550 million

Leslie Alexander (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/leslie_alexander.htm)
Houston (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/houston.htm)
$80 million
$568 million

Herb Simon (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/herb_simon.htm)
Indiana (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/indiana.htm)
$1.6 billion
$383 million

Donald Sterling (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/donald_sterling.htm)
LA Clippers (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/la_clippers.htm)
$1.5 billion
$430 million

Jim Buss (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/jim_buss.htm)
LA Lakers (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/la_lakers.htm)
$380 million
$1,000 million

Robert Pera (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/robert_pera.htm)
Memphis (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/memphis.htm)
$1.5 billion
$377 million

Micky Arison (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/micky_arison.htm)
Miami (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/miami.htm)
$5.8 billion
$625 million

Herb Kohl (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/herb_kohl.htm)
Milwaukee (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/milwaukee.htm)
$254 million
$312 million

Glen Taylor (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/glen_taylor.htm)
Minnesota (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/minnesota.htm)
$1.8 billion
$364 million

Tom Benson (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/tom_benson.htm)
New Orleans (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/new_orleans.htm)
$1.1 billion
$340 million

Cablevision (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/cablevision.htm)
New York (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/new_york.htm)
$494 million
$1,100 million

Clay Bennett (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/clay_bennett.htm)
Oklahoma City (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/oklahoma_city.htm)

$475 million

Rick DeVos (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/rick_devos.htm)
Orlando (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/orlando.htm)
$5.0 billion
$470 million

Joshua Harris (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/joshua_harris.htm)
Philadelphia (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/philadelphia.htm)
$1.45 billion
$418 million

Robert Sarver (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/robert_sarver.htm)
Phoenix (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/phoenix.htm)
$400 million
$474 million

Paul Allen (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/paul_allen.htm)
Portland (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/portland.htm)
$13.2 billion
$457 million

Vivek Ranadive (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/vivek_ranadive.htm)
Sacramento (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/sacramento.htm)
TBD
$525 million

Peter Holt (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/peter_holt.htm)
San Antonio (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/san_antonio.htm)
$80 million
$527 million

Maple Leaf Sports Ent (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/maple_leaf.htm)
Toronto (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/toronto.htm)
$297 million
$405 million

Greg Miller (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/greg_miller.htm)
Utah (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/utah.htm)
$480 million
$432 million

Ted Leonsis (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/ted_leonsis.htm)
Washington (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/washington.htm)

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:21 PM
I got nothing against gay marriage...you broke back mountain guys go for it.

I'll fuck you till you love me, phaggot!

But really tho show proof of your claims like Chump has requested.

HemisfairArena
Seriously though, you just noticed Peter Holt's net worth 20 years after his group bought the team and now you're afraid?

Not afraid at all princess...please respond to my new post which is current listings. LMAO

HemisfairArena
I'll fuck you till you love me, phaggot!

But really tho show proof of your claims like Chump has requested.

Been in prison much?

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:22 PM
profitablity...well Holt must suck...

Michael Gearon Jr (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/michael_gearon_jr.htm)
Atlanta (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/atlanta.htm)

$316 million

Wyc Grousbeck (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/wyc_grousbeck.htm)
Boston (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/boston.htm)
$360 million
$730 million

Mikhail Prokhorov (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/mikhail_prokhorov.htm)
Brooklyn (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/brooklyn.htm)
$18 billion
$530 million

Michael Jordan (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/michael_jordan.htm)
Charlotte (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/charlotte.htm)
$525 million
$315 million

Jerry Reinsdorf (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/jerry_reinsdorf.htm)
Chicago (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/chicago.htm)
$280 million
$800 million

Dan Gilbert (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/dan_gilbert.htm)
Cleveland (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/cleveland.htm)
$1.5 billion
$434 million

Mark Cuban (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/mark_cuban.htm)
Dallas (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/dallas.htm)
$2.3 billion
$685 million

Stan Kroenke (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/stan_kroenke.htm)
Denver (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/denver.htm)
$3.2 billion
$427 million

Tom Gores (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/tom_gores.htm)
Detroit (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/detroit.htm)
$2.5 billion
$400 million

Joe Lacob (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/joe_lacob.htm)
Golden State (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/golden_state.htm)
$325 million
$550 million

Leslie Alexander (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/leslie_alexander.htm)
Houston (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/houston.htm)
$80 million
$568 million

Herb Simon (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/herb_simon.htm)
Indiana (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/indiana.htm)
$1.6 billion
$383 million

Donald Sterling (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/donald_sterling.htm)
LA Clippers (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/la_clippers.htm)
$1.5 billion
$430 million

Jim Buss (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/jim_buss.htm)
LA Lakers (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/la_lakers.htm)
$380 million
$1,000 million

Robert Pera (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/robert_pera.htm)
Memphis (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/memphis.htm)
$1.5 billion
$377 million

Micky Arison (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/micky_arison.htm)
Miami (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/miami.htm)
$5.8 billion
$625 million

Herb Kohl (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/herb_kohl.htm)
Milwaukee (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/milwaukee.htm)
$254 million
$312 million

Glen Taylor (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/glen_taylor.htm)
Minnesota (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/minnesota.htm)
$1.8 billion
$364 million

Tom Benson (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/tom_benson.htm)
New Orleans (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/new_orleans.htm)
$1.1 billion
$340 million

Cablevision (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/cablevision.htm)
New York (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/new_york.htm)
$494 million
$1,100 million

Clay Bennett (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/clay_bennett.htm)
Oklahoma City (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/oklahoma_city.htm)

$475 million

Rick DeVos (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/rick_devos.htm)
Orlando (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/orlando.htm)
$5.0 billion
$470 million

Joshua Harris (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/joshua_harris.htm)
Philadelphia (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/philadelphia.htm)
$1.45 billion
$418 million

Robert Sarver (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/robert_sarver.htm)
Phoenix (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/phoenix.htm)
$400 million
$474 million

Paul Allen (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/paul_allen.htm)
Portland (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/portland.htm)
$13.2 billion
$457 million

Vivek Ranadive (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/vivek_ranadive.htm)
Sacramento (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/sacramento.htm)
TBD
$525 million

Peter Holt (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/peter_holt.htm)
San Antonio (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/san_antonio.htm)
$80 million
$527 million

Maple Leaf Sports Ent (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/maple_leaf.htm)
Toronto (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/toronto.htm)
$297 million
$405 million

Greg Miller (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/greg_miller.htm)
Utah (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/utah.htm)
$480 million
$432 million

Ted Leonsis (http://www.spurstalk.com/owners/ted_leonsis.htm)
Washington (http://www.spurstalk.com/Library/teams/washington.htm)

Which field shows profitability?

Chinook
07-11-2013, 08:22 PM
personally, i like things the way they are. I know teams/corporations are always freaking out about growth, but I think Spurs receive a lot more love and insane devotion because there aren't too many options. I actually think an MLS team would be a better idea for this area. Then again, I'm not a fan of the Austin/SA area growing in population either.

Damn-straight, man. I'm getting tired of all these Californians and East-Coast people moving into Austin and telling me what my city is supposed to be like. I'd gladly drive the extra hour or so to San Antonio and let some other city take all the transplants.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Not afraid at all princess...Except you are afraid of the Spurs' moving.
please respond to my new post which is current listings. LMAOI did. I'm not sure you even know what you posted tbh.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:24 PM
No link to what he posted either. Son is a moron.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Which field shows profitability?

The field that says he is only worth 80 mil. So if he sells the Spurs...he is way behind all the other owners if they decide to sell their teams outside of the Rockets.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:26 PM
The field that says he is only worth 80 mil. So if he sells the Spurs...he is way behind all the other owners if they decide to sell their teams outside of the Rockets.

Can we get a link? And about the Spurs moving to KC too? Would help this thread tbh.

Kori Ellis
07-11-2013, 08:26 PM
With all the talk about the Kirilenko signing...I told ya that Prokhorov is the richest owner in the NBA and could literally buy every single team in the NBA and have money left over. What I didnt know is that Peter Holt is the owner with the least amount of money in the NBA @ 80 mil. How do you own an NBA team with only 80 Mil ? This isnt good for us, Spurs fans. Some of you may not remember when there were serious talks going on to move the Spurs to Kansas City...and luckily Robinson arrived and saved San Antonio. If this team starts to fade....same situation may arise. A billionaire offers Holt mega money and moves the team.

Holt only owns about 25 percent of the Spurs. He's not a sole owner. He's just the face of the owner's group.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Economics must not be anyones strong suit on here...or spelling either.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Holt only owns about 25 percent of the Spurs. He's not a sole owner. He's just the face of the owner's group.

Wanna bet on that?

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
The field that says he is only worth 80 mil. So if he sells the Spurs...he is way behind all the other owners if they decide to sell their teams outside of the Rockets.If his group sells it at its current estimated value, he'll make like 600% on his initial investment.

How is that not profitable?

I don't think you know how any of this works.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Wanna bet on that?That Holt is part of an ownership group?

Yes, I bet he is.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Can we get a link? And about the Spurs moving to KC too? Would help this thread tbh.

Dont know how to research? You really need an education.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:29 PM
That Holt is part of an ownership group?

Yes, I bet he is.

Sure...how much? He said Holt is a minority owner...I say majority owner. So how much?

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:30 PM
HemisfairArena getting shitted on worst than his depends.:lol

Dont know how to research? You really need an education.

Moron you made the THREAD. Maybe you should provide PROOF.

Big Empty
07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
SO how much is brooklyn paying for thier roster this next year?

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
HemisfairArena getting shitted on worst than his depends.:lol

When getting schooled...make a laughing icon. Nice..kid.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Sure...how much? He said Holt is a minority owner...I say majority owner. So how much?You can't even tell when a female is posting.

Damn.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Majority owner isn't the same thing as plurality owner, by the way.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:33 PM
When getting schooled...make a laughing icon. Nice..kid.

Grands isnt it past your bedtime? Gotta get up early for the morning walk at crossroads tbh.

Big Empty
07-11-2013, 08:34 PM
ok $170 million!!!!!! damn!!!!!!

benefactor
07-11-2013, 08:35 PM
OP with some really bad bads in this thread.

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Chump is the wreaking ball tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5Ejb-4XAs

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:36 PM

Oh...so the poster that says Holt only owns 25% of the Spurs is not held accountable? You guys are to easy. LMAO. Holt has the least amount of money of any owner in the NBA. You posters dont know what you are talking about and I can school you all night long. Be a Spurs fans fan for decades instead of a Spurs fan faor 10 years. LMAO

Kori Ellis
07-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Wanna bet on that?

Maybe 30 percent?

I know in 2008 he owned less than 30 percent and I doubt that has changed significantly. The ownership group is a mix of individuals and corporations, and he serves as the chairman of the group. Unless, he's been buying people out like crazy, he owns much less than half of the franchise.

The Spurs ownership group currently has nineteen investors and are members of a limited liability company known as San Antonio Spurs, L.L.C.

The ownership group has a seven-person governing and decision-making body and Peter M. Holt serves as the Chairman of the group.

Listed below are the current members of San Antonio Spurs, L.L.C.: ARAMARK RBI, Inc., Raymond Joseph Barshick, Raul S. Cantu Trust, Richard Cantu Trust, Clear ChannelCommunications Inc., George C. Hixon, H.H. Sports, Ltd., IBC Capital Corporation, Sylvan Stephen Lang,James R. Leininger, Paul R. Markey, Jeanne Lang Mathews, R&B Partnership (Russell and Bruce Hill), David M. Robinson, Southwest Business Corporation, SBC Communications Inc., Felix L. Stehling, Valero Energy Corporation, Zachry Hospitality Corporation.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Chump is the wreaking ball tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5Ejb-4XAs

I'm sure he is your special wrecking ball, broke back.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Oh...so the poster that says Holt only owns 25% of the Spurs is not held accountable? You guys are to easy. LMAO. Holt has the least amount of money of any owner in the NBA. You posters dont know what you are talking about and I can school you all night long. Be a Spurs fans fan for decades instead of a Spurs fan faor 10 years. LMAO

I'm not saying anything about what Kori said. She's usually right and can certainly speak for herself.

I said that for YOUR sake. Holt may well own the biggest piece of the Spurs, but that would not make him majority owner. It's possible that 25 percent is literally the plurality share.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Maybe 30 percent?

I know in 2008 he owned less than 30 percent and I doubt that has changed significantly. The ownership group is a mix of individuals and corporations, and he serves as the chairman of the group. Unless, he's been buying people out like crazy, he owns much less than half of the franchise.

Dont bet on that, Kori. He is easily the Spurs majority owner...by far.

anakha
07-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm starting to feel more and more that people need to go through an application process to start threads in here.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 08:40 PM
OP with some really bad bads in this thread.

Grey trying to bring enough bads to trick us into thinking they're goods. Gotta admire the effort on some level.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Dont bet on that, Kori. He is easily the Spurs majority owner...by far.OK, here's a link saying he likely isn't a majority owner.

Holt owns somewhere between 40 and 50 percent, so no one person has the power to make a deal.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/Buss-route-future-of-Holt-s-Spurs-4566517.php

Where is your link saying he is the majority owner by far?

Kori Ellis
07-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Dont bet on that, Kori. He is easily the Spurs majority owner...by far.

I believe that he owns the biggest percentage of anyone, but you are acting like he owns 100 percent of the team. He doesn't.

I know that he originally had 13 percent of it when he bought in. I know that at one point he owned 40 percent of it, but I also know a few years back he only owned 30 percent of it.

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 08:44 PM
This isnt good for us, Spurs fans. Some of you may not remember when there were serious talks going on to move the Spurs to Kansas City...and luckily Robinson arrived and saved San Antonio. If this team starts to fade....same situation may arise.

Well, it remains to be seen how much risk there really is, after all:

San Antonio Spurs: North America's Best Run Professional Sports Franchise
http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/03/16/san-antonio-spurs-north-americas-best-run-professional-sports-franchise/

But hey, I'm sure Forbes magazine doesn't understand economics nearly as well as you do.

Chinook
07-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I believe that he owns the biggest percentage of anyone, but you are acting like he owns 100 percent of the team. He doesn't.

I know that he originally had 13 percent of it when he bought in. I know that at one point he owned 40 percent of it, but I also know a few years back he only owned 30 percent of it.

I tried explaining plurality ownership to him. But he didn't get it.

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 08:45 PM
OK, here's a link saying he likely isn't a majority owner.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/Buss-route-future-of-Holt-s-Spurs-4566517.php

That link is over a month old! What good is that?

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:47 PM

So...are gonna finally back me up and say he owns the majority or not?

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Tooo many truth bombs being drop on OP.

Men lie. Women lie. NUMBERS DONT!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1494527/jay-z-laugh-o.gif

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:49 PM
So...are gonna finally back me up and say he owns the majority or not?No, she explicitly is not.

Where is your proof he is a majority owner "by far"?

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:51 PM
No, she explicitly is not.

Where is your proof he is a majority owner "by far"?

She has the knowledge unlike you. She knows he owns the majority.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM
She has the knowledge unlike you. She knows he owns the majority.Prove he is a majority owner.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Prove he is a majority owner.

prove he isnt.

anakha
07-11-2013, 08:53 PM
One link. One goddamn link to an article stating that Holt owns more than 50% of the Spurs.

Is that too much to fucking ask?

Kool Bob Love
She has the knowledge unlike you. She knows he owns the majority. Still no proof.:sleep

ChumpDumper
prove he isnt.I just did.

Did you miss it?

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:54 PM
One link to prove who owns more stock in the Spurs than Peter Holt...is that to much to ask?

Kool Bob Love
07-11-2013, 08:55 PM
OK, here's a link saying he likely isn't a majority owner.

HemisfairArena
I just did.

Did you miss it?

I guess I did...show me who the majority owner of the Spurs is.

Chinook
One link to prove who owns more stock in the Spurs than Peter Holt...is that to much to ask?

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
One link to prove who owns more stock in the Spurs than Peter Holt...is that to much to ask?That isn't what you are arguing.

Seriously, do you know what "majority shareholder" means?

Please post your definition.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Bullshit. Majority owner calls the shots. If you own the majority...you have the clout. Period.

anakha
07-11-2013, 08:57 PM

The definition of 'majority shareholder' says more than 50% of shares, you fucking moron. (http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/majority-shareholder/)

One link. One goddamn link to an article stating that Holt owns more than 50% of the Spurs.

Is that too much to fucking ask?

ChumpDumper
I guess I did...show me who the majority owner of the Spurs is.According to the link I posted, there isn't one.

HemisfairArena
I'm still waiting for you guys to show me what owners have more clout that Peter Holt....

Chinook
Bullshit. Majority owner calls the shots. If you own the majority...you have the clout. Period.

Do you understand that the Spurs don't actually have a majority owner?

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm still waiting for you guys to show me what owners have more clout that Peter Holt....

http://i56.tinypic.com/1slj61.gif

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:58 PM
The definition of 'majority shareholder' says more than 50% of shares, you fucking moron. (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/majorityshareholder.asp)

If the Spurs are that diluted...LMAO...and you think they cant be sold and moved. Are you kidding? It seems everyone owns them and will sell them at a great price.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Do you understand that the Spurs don't actually have a majority owner?

LMAO....so who rallies the troops when a billionaire comes in to steal them?

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 09:00 PM
If the Spurs are that diluted...LMAO...and you think they cant be sold and moved. Are you kidding? It seems everyone owns them and will sell them at a great price.That is quote possibly the stupidest conclusion ever drawn on this site.

tesseractive
07-11-2013, 09:00 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/65605_163845690449609_1857898970_n.jpg

ChumpDumper
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM
LMAO....so who rallies the troops when a billionaire comes in to steal them?You really have no idea how anything works, do you?

anakha

LOL OP backpedaling and changing his argument.

Sure...how much? He said Holt is a minority owner...I say majority owner. So how much?

Still no link.

Kool Bob Love
:lmao

Mikeanaro
07-11-2013, 09:03 PM
If the Spurs are that diluted...LMAO...and you think they cant be sold and moved. Are you kidding? It seems everyone owns them and will sell them at a great price.
Can be sold with or without Holt as a Majority owner, but is a successful team so IT WONT HAPPEN NOW

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=44789&dateline=1373510589&type=profile

Mikeanaro
07-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Can be sold with or without Holt as a Majority owner, but it is a successful team so IT WONT HAPPEN NOW

Juggity
07-11-2013, 09:06 PM
OP getting shat on left and right like a shit conveyor belt

Rogue
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
someone's networth ain't simply displayed by the amount of money there is on his bank account though. The Spurs team alone is worth 500 mil at least

Chinook
07-11-2013, 09:08 PM
LMAO....so who rallies the troops when a billionaire comes in to steal them?

They have a board for that, like most grown-up corporations. Meanwhile, what are you even talking about? A billionaire can't just steal an NBA team. Otherwise, the Sonics would have been on their way back this season. It's isn't Monopoly.

anakha
07-11-2013, 09:09 PM
I'd love for the OP to actually own a corporation - hostile takeovers would be so fucking easy.

jestersmash
07-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Prokhorov is not the richest owner in the NBA. He only seems like it because he's known for his conspicuous consumption and vastly overpaying mediocre players.

Paul Allen Portland, (20, $15 billion)

Rich DeVos, Orlando (67, $5.1 billion)

Micky Arison, Miami (68, $5 billion)

Click HERE (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/20/the-nbas-richest-owners/) to see the rest of the list.

Those are the top 10 wealthiest owners in the NBA. As you can see, Prokhorov doesn't even make the top 10 (though he's probably close by in the 11-15 range).

Edit: Oh yeah,

Source = http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/20/the-nbas-richest-owners/

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Prokhorov is not the richest owner in the NBA. He only seems like it because he's known for his conspicuous consumption and vastly overpaying mediocre players.

Paul Allen Portland, (20, $15 billion)

Rich DeVos, Orlando (67, $5.1 billion)

Micky Arison, Miami (68, $5 billion)

Click HERE (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/20/the-nbas-richest-owners/) to see the rest of the list.

Those are the top 10 wealthiest owners in the NBA. As you can see, Prokhorov doesn't even make the top 10 (though he's probably close by in the 11-15 range).

Edit: Oh yeah,

Source = http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/20/the-nbas-richest-owners/

According to Forbes he's worth 13 billion. In late February 2013 he sold his 37.8% share of Polyus Gold International Ltd. for $3.6 billion.

jestersmash
07-11-2013, 09:15 PM
According to Forbes he's worth 13 billion. In late February 2013 he sold his 37.8% share of Polyus Gold International Ltd. for $3.6 billion.

Oh wow really? I assumed that list was up to date because it was September 2012, but if that's true, damn. I guess he'd be 2nd on the list then (assuming Paul Allen's net worth hasn't changed).

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Oh wow really? I assumed that list was up to date because it was September 2012, but if that's true, damn. I guess he'd be 2nd on the list then (assuming Paul Allen's net worth hasn't changed).

According to Forbes as of March 2013 Paul Allen is still worth 15 Billion so he's still at the top.

fleggy2k2
07-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I can honestly not tell if OP is srs or trolling

fleggy2k2
07-11-2013, 09:20 PM
and OP, correlation does not always imply causation tbh

Mikeanaro
07-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Last year I saw Prokemon fortune around 2 billions, I donīt get how now has 13/18 billions.
Agree on static Paul Allen fortune seems the guy freezes money

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Last year I saw Prokemon fortune around 2 billions, I donīt get how now has 13/18 billions.
Agree on static Paul Allen fortune seems the guy freezes money

Paul Allen has so many assets that he can just sell stuff off and make his money back 10 fold.. He sold some real estate to Amazon last year that Netted 1.15 Billion in Seattle.

Mikeanaro
07-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Paul Allen has so many assets that he can just sell stuff off and make his money back 10 fold.. He sold some real estate to Amazon last year that Netted 1.15 Billion in Seattle.
And made the TailBlazers profitable, the guy is a genius on the other hand Cube is a douche

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2013, 09:39 PM
:lol wow, this thread is a massacre, tbh..

When ChumpDumper is on, he bullies niggas, tbh..

elmanutres
07-11-2013, 11:32 PM
if it ever arises, i hope that Charles Butt, the owner of HEB can buy the franchise. He's worth like 7 billion or something. way more than $80 million peter holt

tesseractive
07-12-2013, 12:17 AM
And made the TailBlazers profitable, the guy is a genius on the other hand Cube is a douche

Paul Allen is not a genius. He rode Bill Gates's coattails to his billions, and he's notorious in the tech industry for startups that attack interesting problems at the right time but never end up going anywhere.

Agloco
07-12-2013, 12:28 AM
lol @ HemisfairArena

lol 40% majority

spurraider21
07-12-2013, 12:33 AM
prove he isnt.
For somebody who makes a big fuss about grammar and spelling you sure aren't aware of logical fallacies, such as trying to prove a negative. Can you prove the flying spaghetti monster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_spaghetti_monster) doesn't exist, tbh?
If you are going to make the claim that he is the poorest owner, and that he is in fact the majority owner, we'd like to see you back that claim up.

spursncowboys
07-12-2013, 01:02 AM
The NBA wouldn't vote for it.

Man In Black
07-12-2013, 02:47 AM
this. pisses me off when people use the stupid city limits population numbers as if they mean anything...san antonio is NOWHERE NEAR top 10 in population in the real sense
Media Market or more properly known as the DMA or Designated Media Area, is much larger than just within City Limits. For San Antonio See Page 4 of the link to see how large the area the DMA covers.
http://www.angelbrokersgroup.com/uploads/6/0/5/6/6056371/120101_geoscape--market_snapshot_san_antonio.pdf
The MSA or Metropolitan Statistical Area is 8 counties with Bexar County's City of San Antonio as the dominant city in that MSA. So again, it ain't City Limit Populations. Some people need to be educated.

As for the OP, First Mikhail ain't the richest owner in the NBA. As an Oligarch he has lots of money to burn but he ain't the richest.

That list you provided doesn't have a link, why not? But even in the Express News Article, it says that Holt has 80 Million, That list you have shows that Les Alexander also only has 80 Million as the Face of the Owners group for Houston.

What I find funny is simply the last time a credible news organization did an owner's personal wealth report was the USA Today in 2005.
First a link:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2005-salary-owners.htm

If you look on this report some 8 years ago or so, Les Alexander and Peter Holt are listed at...80 MILLION. It would seem that what they are doing is reporting lower numbers than their worth. In short, they don't give a crap that they may seem the lowest on the totem pole. It's not a pissing contest and when it gets down to the heart of it all, it's about winning and winning your way. Based on the valuations, the Spurs are wholly profitable. To break a lease would cost an arm and a leg, and that other city would still have to build an arena worthy of a new team just to even get the BOG to consider it. This ain't moving to a larger Metro like say, Orange County, California. It's KC you say...they failed at Basketball, failed at it so bad, that at 1 time, the team actually was called, the Kansas City-Omaha Kings.

But you say you know it all. If you did, then you'd know that this topic isn't really a valid one. I've been around the planet a fairly long time and I actually remember the Kansas City-Omaha Kings.

Man In Black
07-12-2013, 02:52 AM

Technically, despite the fact that other owners have more money...Since Peter Holt is currently the Chairman of the NBA Board of Governors, then he has the most clout in the NBA but for San Antonio, all things Basketball related are run through Executive Vice-President of Basketball Operations, Gregg Popovich. If it's Basketball related, Pop gets the final call. Peter talks to the board to run Pop's request but again...Pop gets the final call.

Kool Bob Love
07-12-2013, 06:35 PM

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif

EVAY
07-12-2013, 07:41 PM

BTW, fwiw, the Alamodome was NOT built for the Spurs. It was built primarily because Red McCombs was trying to live out his dream of getting a football team here. The Alamodome was never a good basketball venue, and it was a debacle from the word go. The only reason it got built was because Red could get anything he wanted from the powers that were.

When SBC moved to San Antonio in 1992, Ed Whitacre (then the Chairman of the Board) was immediately hit up to participate in owning the Spurs, because they really needed capital infusions. So they did. But that ownership group (including Holt) knew that the Alamodome was never going to be a successful basketball venue, and in order to make the ownership group enough money to keep owning, they held up the citizens for yet another arena, this time the current one. Smaller venue, allowing them to charge more for tickets, have access to other sports teams (hockey, rodeo and WNBA) that would put the venue in almost 100% utilization at all times. THAT is how they make money, along with the TV revenues, etc.

Red McCombs finally gave up on the NFL ever allowing a football team to come to San Antonio and went and bought the Vikings.

But the Alamodome never really had anything to do with selling basketball. That was all a ruse. And now it is a white elephant testament to the good ole boy network in San Antonio at the time. Taxpayers took in the tush yet again.