PDA

View Full Version : A Big Victory for Big Pharma

Agloco
07-11-2013, 10:10 PM
BD is off his game. I was sure I'd find a thread about this somewhere on the first two pages.

Supreme Court rules Drug Companies exempt from Lawsuits

July 7, 2013. Washington. In case readers missed it with all the coverage of the Trayvon Martin murder trial and the Supreme Court’s rulings on gay marriage and the Voting Rights Act, the US Supreme Court also made a ruling on lawsuits against drug companies for fraud, mislabeling, side effects and accidental death. From now on, 80 percent of all drugs are exempt from legal liability.

Read more:

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q32013/supreme-court-rules-drug-companies-exempt-from-lawsuits/

FuzzyLumpkins
07-11-2013, 10:28 PM
It's bad enough that lobbying influences the legislature and executive branches. Something needs to give.

Blake
07-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Fucked and unfuckable

FuzzyLumpkins
07-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Quite frankly, I feel that if you use incorporation so that you can immunize yourself to liability then that legal entity should waive its right to political influence.

leemajors
07-12-2013, 05:07 AM
gross.

boutons_deux
07-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Fucked and unfuckable

Why can't any Repug, conservative, bubba tell me WHY they or anybody should vote for Repugs who put these JINO political right-wing extremist operatives on SCOTUS?

What GOOD have Repugs done for Human-Americans since the "gift" of Tricky Dick Nixon? :lol

5-4, yawn. guess which 5 and which 4

enrich/protect Corporate-Americans, and fuck hard, fast, deep Human-Americans.

BigPharma, judgement by judgement, is obtaining its long-lusted-after Shield Law (if (captured, corrupt) FDA approved a drug, BigPharma is immune from prosecution)

leemajors
07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/07/19288769-in-case-after-case-big-wins-for-big-business-this-year-at-the-supreme-court?lite

Blake
07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Why can't any Repug, conservative, bubba tell me WHY they or anybody should vote for Repugs who put these JINO political right-wing extremist operatives on SCOTUS?

What GOOD have Repugs done for Human-Americans since the "gift" of Tricky Dick Nixon? :lol

5-4, yawn. guess which 5 and which 4

enrich/protect Corporate-Americans, and fuck hard, fast, deep Human-Americans.

BigPharma, judgement by judgement, is obtaining its long-lusted-after Shield Law (if (captured, corrupt) FDA approved a drug, BigPharma is immune from prosecution)

on a sidebar, I've often thought that (especially in this day and age) that a 9 person Supreme Court is ridiculous.

I'm sure we can find at least 101 competent judges.

TeyshaBlue
07-12-2013, 12:56 PM
101?

boutons_deux
07-12-2013, 01:05 PM
on a sidebar, I've often thought that (especially in this day and age) that a 9 person Supreme Court is ridiculous.

I'm sure we can find at least 101 competent judges.

Reid, if he finds his shrivelled balls, has got to nuke the Senate from 60 back to 51, like the Constitution says, and Barry's got add 2 more justices to SCOTUS, then nominate 2 flaming progressives to get 6-5 votes in favor of Human-Americans.

WAY PAST TIME for the Dems to kick the VRWC in the balls, and out-crazy them is the only way.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Reid, if he finds his shrivelled balls, has got to nuke the Senate from 60 back to 51, like the Constitution says, and Barry's got add 2 more justices to SCOTUS, then nominate 2 flaming progressives to get 6-5 votes in favor of Human-Americans.

WAY PAST TIME for the Dems to kick the VRWC in the balls, and out-crazy them is the only way.

The Clinton era moderate Democratic party does not stand for anything other than winning elections. That's it and that's all. They had the ability to swing things in their favor and eventually take the court back but, like the Clinton Dems they are, they didn't want to act with a political agenda the way the Republicans do because it might make them look bad. They already dodged a bullet with Romney losing the 2012 election. If they cared about preserving liberal ideals, Ginsburg and Breyer should have stepped down early this year to give Obama and Reid 2 years of a senate majority, and Obama should have picked two far left wing progressives in their 40s as overtly political as daddeh Bush picking Clarence Thomas at age 43. Instead Ginsburg announced she's gonna serve till she's 90 and risk dying after 2016 so Marco Rubio can replace her with Antonin Scalia part 4. They went from having a 4 young liberals on the court and the ability to take a multi-decade majority if Kennedy or Scalia don't make it to 2016, instead they'll risk Breyer and Ginsburg getting replaced by conservatives with a potential 7-2 minority. You can bet that if the Republicans win 2016, Scalia and Kennedy will step down immediately.

AntiChrist
07-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I guess you can't sue the FDA for approving these drugs

boutons_deux
07-13-2013, 12:07 PM
I guess you can't sue the FDA for approving these drugs

of course not, you can't fight city hall. FDA is BigPharma's policeman/enforcer, it's fully penetrated and corrupted by BigPharma lawyers, lobbyists, "scientists". The FDA priority is BigPharma profits, BigPharma's customers are fucked, all that shit has side effects, and little or no effects.

Blake
07-13-2013, 01:00 PM
101?

why not?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-13-2013, 01:31 PM
I like how SA210 talks about how corrupt the US pharma industry is more than anyone on this site (and I for the most part agree with him), but he's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwhere to be found when conservative justices rule in favor of everything he's against :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

FuzzyLumpkins
07-13-2013, 04:19 PM
101?

You don't like dogs now?

Bill_Brasky
07-14-2013, 02:10 AM
:pctoss

Wild Cobra
07-14-2013, 03:58 AM
Don't forget. People can get that condition from penicillin. If you have zero tolerance for bad side effects, you would never have approved drugs.

boutons_deux
07-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Don't forget. People can get that condition from penicillin. If you have zero tolerance for bad side effects, you would never have approved drugs.

ALL BigPharma drugs have side effects, many, even OTC, have low toxic ratios, but FDA and BigPharma don't care. And 1000s of docs make $Ms over prescribing. Profits over humans, always.

Warlord23
07-14-2013, 07:42 AM

Great point. Plus, do we know if the woman kept on taking the drug deliberately even after she had the initial reaction? How do we know she wasn't simply looking for a reason to sue? Thank God Scalia and Thomas saw through that jezebel's charade. Finally some long-overdue tort protection for poor, besieged American corporations.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Great point. Plus, do we know if the woman kept on taking the drug deliberately even after she had the initial reaction? How do we know she wasn't simply looking for a reason to sue? Thank God Scalia and Thomas saw through that jezebel's charade. Finally some long-overdue tort protection for poor, besieged American corporations.
:lmao

Wild Cobra is like a programmed monkey. It's remarkable how much his corporate overlords control every opinion he has. They even have him convinced he's rich while he works the fuckin graveyard shift at his job.

boutons_deux
07-14-2013, 07:54 AM
I don't think WC's pro-institution/anti-person BIAS would change if HIS daughter took a BigPharma drug and her skin fell off. He would think she's just collateral damage of the $100Bs of BigPharma profits.

SA210
07-15-2013, 01:22 AM
I'll post in here to make pussy DoK happy. Since I hadn't posted in this thread yet, somehow that "further" proved how I'm "red team"??????????????? wtf rofl

Red team? :lmao:rollin

Oh and Fuck Big Pharma. America the Corporation doing what it does, per par

TeyshaBlue
07-15-2013, 09:53 AM
I don't think WC's pro-institution/anti-person BIAS would change if HIS daughter took a BigPharma drug and her skin fell off. He would think she's just collateral damage of the $100Bs of BigPharma profits.

It might not change if he were taking BigPharma drugs that are currently keeping him mobile and functioning.

TeyshaBlue
07-15-2013, 09:54 AM
You don't like dogs now?

Love 'em. But if we send them to Washington, then I'd have to hate 'em.:depressed

TeyshaBlue
07-15-2013, 09:55 AM
It's a shitty ruling that shouldn't have seen the light of day. But the non-thinking position of BigPharma=Darth Vader is just as ridiculous.

boutons_deux
07-15-2013, 11:01 AM
TB :lol defending the totally corrupt, wealth-extracting, over-charging, negative-study-results-suppressing BigPharma. :lol

BigPharma has paid out $10Bs in fines, penalties, compensation for the damage, deaths from its FDA-approved shit.

TeyshaBlue
07-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm walking because of them, dumbfuck. What part of "It's a shitty ruling" did you not understand?
Fucking simpleton.