PDA

View Full Version : Longest title drought in the Duncan era

Aremid
07-12-2013, 08:12 AM
At what point can we hold the front office accountable for their inability to improve this team during the offseason?

racm
07-12-2013, 08:29 AM
When we realize that 1. a small market like San Antonio should consider itself FORTUNATE to even have 1 title, let alone 4 and 2. that yall are spoiled brats that would an hero themselves when Kawhi gets the keys to the franchise and Timmeh rides off into the sunset?

dbreiden83080
07-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Spurs inability post D-Rob to get a decent big man next to Tim was the biggest failing..

racm
07-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Spurs inability post D-Rob to get a decent big man next to Tim was the biggest failing..

and how are you gonna do that without a lottery pick?

Seventyniner
07-12-2013, 09:17 AM
When we realize that 1. a small market like San Antonio should consider itself FORTUNATE to even have 1 title, let alone 4 and 2. that yall are spoiled brats that would an hero themselves when Kawhi gets the keys to the franchise and Timmeh rides off into the sunset?

Some friendly advice: quit beating your head against this wall. There are just some people out there who are never happy and come to this board to vent.

admiralsnackbar
07-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Accountable? :lol

benefactor
07-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Bend over...I'll give you an improvement.

racm
07-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Some friendly advice: quit beating your head against this wall. There are just some people out there who are never happy and come to this board to vent.

I come to Pounding the Rock when I want to have a decent discussion of all things San Antonio Spurs. I come to SpursTalk when I want to see how dumb Spurfan can get.

dbreiden83080
07-12-2013, 09:52 AM

You need a lottery pick to find a serviceable big man?

And they had picks that never panned out..

Mahini
Splitter..

They took Ian in the first round..

ChumpDumper
07-12-2013, 10:03 AM
spurfan is just dumb.

dallasmaverickslose
07-12-2013, 10:12 AM
OP you sound like a spoiled brat

Obstructed_View
07-12-2013, 10:18 AM
The front office isn't the one putting the players on the bench in critical situations, tbh.

admiralsnackbar
07-12-2013, 10:21 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/snackbar50/EvolutionistsMob_zps00b5737b.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/user/snackbar50/media/EvolutionistsMob_zps00b5737b.jpg.html)

chazley
07-12-2013, 10:40 AM
1 Manu missed free throw
1 Kawhi missed free throw
1 Lebron three
1 Chris Bosh rebound
1 Ray Allen 3
Losing in overtime

Any one of those 6 things don't happen, we are hoisting a banner and having parades. Get some perspective please. If all of those situations were 50/50 situations, it would make it a 1.55% chance the Heat win that game. We lost. It was heartbreaking and extremely unfortunate that it happened. But don't blame a front office that put a team together with a 98.45% chance of winning the NBA Finals for not winning the championship.

Keepin' it real
07-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I come to Pounding the Rock when I want to have a decent discussion of all things San Antonio Spurs. I come to SpursTalk when I want to see how dumb Spurfan can get.

Wow! The quality of the posts over there, and the civility of the posters toward one another, is light years ahead of spurstalk. Over there, they sound like mature basketball fans instead of stupid, whiny little bitches.

What's the difference? Is it really just a matter of forum moderators (or lack thereof)?

Brazil
07-12-2013, 12:22 PM
:cry

spurraider21
07-12-2013, 01:07 PM
We aren't the lakers that can trade kwame for pau

Sean Cagney
07-12-2013, 01:10 PM

Like I said before you name me a team with the longevity of this team from the 00's who can still make the finals or is still remotely together? NONE! Pistons NO, Heat a different team now fully, Mavs? Lakers? Suns? Kings from the early 00's? NONE anywhere to be found and completely overhauled with new teams! Spurs! Big three still there and nearly won a finals, I will take that anyday of the week.

silverblk mystix
07-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Losers are happy with 2nd place.

Losers feel fortunate to have already won a title.

Losers will accept anything the front office does - because - well - see above...

Losers think you are selfish and spoiled - to be critical of anything - Pop and the front office do.

Do you think Lakers and Celtics fans - should just stop wanting their team to win more titles?

Do you think the Celtics fans gave up their rights to question their front office?

Spurstalk is full of losers and this offseason has revealed what losers most of you are. No one is calling for Pop's head. No one is calling bullshit on the Manu contract - as much as I love Manu - he is not worth this contract and he has deteriorated significantly and it is painful to see.

Losers will continue to lose. Enjoy.

spurraider21
07-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Who remembers the drought in the pre-Duncan era

silverblk mystix
07-12-2013, 01:35 PM
...and...

Worst of all -

Losers are OK with Bonner being resigned and paid ....again....

Losers.

Aremid
07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Nobody cares about longevity. People and and fans care about championships. Even if we won the title this year there would be no way we could repeat and validate that title due to other teams getting better and us doing nothing!

racm
07-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Nobody cares about longevity. People and and fans care about championships. Even if we won the title this year there would be no way we could repeat and validate that title due to other teams getting better and us doing nothing!

Jegus you sound like a Lakerfan. Imagine how ecstatic SA was back in 99.

Timmy was THIS CLOSE to matching Kareem for longest gap between FMVPs.

Agloco
07-12-2013, 10:33 PM

lol validating titles

GTFO

tesseractive
07-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Losers are happy with 2nd place.

Losers feel fortunate to have already won a title.

Losers will accept anything the front office does - because - well - see above...

Losers think you are selfish and spoiled - to be critical of anything - Pop and the front office do.

Do you think Lakers and Celtics fans - should just stop wanting their team to win more titles?

Do you think the Celtics fans gave up their rights to question their front office?

Spurstalk is full of losers and this offseason has revealed what losers most of you are. No one is calling for Pop's head. No one is calling bullshit on the Manu contract - as much as I love Manu - he is not worth this contract and he has deteriorated significantly and it is painful to see.

Losers will continue to lose. Enjoy.
Losers are people who have the agency to win and don't do it. Unless people on this message board have made the squad or are running the front office now, no one here is in a position to change the outcome of any Spurs games. So complaining about how someone else runs the team doesn't make you a winner, it just makes you a bitchy internet fucktard who thinks that criticizing someone else makes you yourself more important.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2013, 12:59 AM
What's the difference? Is it really just a matter of forum moderators (or lack thereof)?

Don't disrespect the forum moderators unless you'd like for them to respond to you.

Baseline
07-13-2013, 01:18 AM
Accountabilty = 2yrs/14M

Sean Cagney
07-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Losers are people who have the agency to win and don't do it. Unless people on this message board have made the squad or are running the front office now, no one here is in a position to change the outcome of any Spurs games. So complaining about how someone else runs the team doesn't make you a winner, it just makes you a bitchy internet fucktard who thinks that criticizing someone else makes you yourself more important.You said all I wanted to say to him when I read his post, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Man In Black
07-13-2013, 02:53 AM
I paid X amount of dollars and that makes it such that I have a voice in the Spurs Front Office. I should be able to have a moment with Executive Vice-President of Basketball Operations, Gregg Popovich, and explain that now is the time to finally cut Matt Bonner and trade the likes of Nando De Colo, a Dinner 1 month a year at Mi Tierra, a lifetime pass to Six Flags AND Sea World, and the entire series of Desperate Housewives in BLU-RAY to get Tim Duncan BOTH GASOL Brothers.

Actually, it really doesn't. As a Spurs fan who has to ride 5 hours on a plane to see the Spurs play at ATT or 2 hours by car to see them at Staples or 5 hours by car to see them at America West or 7 hours to watch them at Oracle, I know that my money invested only provides me the following... a chance to see MY TEAM play Spurs Basketball. Win or Lose. I love talking about it and while I think that there may have been some indecision or even a bad move, it's not all on Pop, or the players or the Front Office. It's on all of them, they win and lose as an organization.

My only complaint with some of you new youngish troll types is that you guys are rash and impetuous. Gone are the days when Ol Skool actually talked mostly basketball. Oh well, Look...unless you are actually a key influencer in the Spurs organization...then you AIN'T and that means you, like me, are RELEGATED to talking about possibilities and happenstance and that's all that it is. We don't own shares of stock in the Spurs Sports and Entertainment and the closest we'll ever come to ownership is the ticket that we buy to see them play live.

I can pretty much guess that going BAMA will be the norm. Me? I think I'll just go HOYA and see what's to become of Gary Neal and watch some Summer League to see the improvement of key players like CoJo and Nando(Hey Nando...you have to be willing to shoot the ball to be a true triple threat player) and then see if there are any undiscovered gems to be found. Because truthfully, whether you go BAMA or HOYA, none of that is going to affect the way the Spurs do their thing. And we all know that their thing is simply playing WINNING BASKETBALL and competing for NBA Titles.

Darius Bieber
07-13-2013, 04:22 AM
For a small market team like the Spurs to obtain four championships in 8 years is definitely an incredible feat. They've always been under the radar, so for them to only be 28 seconds away from beating THE Miami Heat last month is truly amazing. No need to say it's a drought. The Spurs are always gonna be in the mix for the Title. You should be appreciative that the Spurs haven't turned into Dallas... Or worse, into the Bobcats...

Kidd K
07-13-2013, 04:57 AM

I look at it differently.

San Antonio is lucky to have drafted Tim Duncan and kept him for his whole career.

They are not lucky that they won a title with Duncan.

Duncan is extremely good and would've won elsewhere had he not been here. The failing of the Spurs' front office is that they didn't make a greater effort while they had Duncan. They did great up until 2008 where they then dropped off for two years. They correctly shifted gears and it led to regular season success and a shot at a title. Now they needed to make a tweak while they milk the last two years they're going to get out of Duncan and didn't do it.

When he's gone, the Spurs' odds of winning a title go way down. I'm sure you will argue this tooth and nail, but once he's gone, you will see exactly why people are mad they didn't utilize this time with Duncan better. It could be an extremely long time (possibly not even in our lifetime) that we get a guy as good as him on the team again.