PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers: RIP

Amuseddaysleeper
07-12-2013, 01:46 PM
This is the end of the Kobe era Lakers and it was a hell of a run.

They're going to be a lottery team for years to come and fall way behind the Clippers.

Give credit to what they have accomplished these past 13 years.

It was good while it lasted.

whitemamba
07-12-2013, 01:48 PM
if 2014 doesnt work out, we are out of commission for 5 years.. Gladly take dem rings though.

Venti Quattro
07-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I will literally kill myself if the Clippers win a championship.

Killakobe81
07-12-2013, 02:28 PM
if 2014 doesnt work out, we are out of commission for 5 years.. Gladly take dem rings though.

Disagree. Lebron & melo arent coming so dont even think that is going to happen. But in 2015 if the 2014 RFA are smart, they will not opt out or re-up with their current teams. Look at Rox they did not get Dwight at first shot but they maintained cap flexibility until they could. YOu have to have a plan A and a Plan B and be patient and commited to it even if it does not work initially.

-21-
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM

Luckily for you, that won't happen.

Bill_Brasky
07-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Naw man they're gonna get Carmel:lol and win the 'ship!

spurraider21
07-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Lakers should resign Nick Young end of the season, have Kobe take a :cry generous paycut :cry and make only 22 million a year, and then bring on Carmelo

jeebus
07-12-2013, 03:45 PM
son I would be honored if you used one of my guns. I'd even let you use one of my hollow points.

illusioNtEk
07-12-2013, 03:46 PM
The End of the Kobe era is when Kobe retires.... don't count the Lakers out just yet

AchillesHeel
07-12-2013, 04:05 PM
The End of the Kobe era is when Kobe retires.... don't count the Lakers out just yet

Agreed. Though Lakers have no visible chance they might hit a home run in FA next year and put together a nice team, it's unlikely but you never know, maybe Lebron tears his ACL.

Thread
07-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Agreed. Though Lakers have no visible chance they might hit a home run in FA next year and put together a nice team, it's unlikely but you never know, maybe Lebron tears his ACL.

Exactly. There are but 2 regal teams: Spurs & Heat. The rest is the burlap sack protocol. Shove 28 in, whatever you stick in my mouth you're gonna lose.

No, you shove 28 in the burlap sack, stick your hand in and whatever team you pull out, it don't matter. It's a hodge podge, a mish mash.

And like you said if James gets injured, or, Parker gets injured the other 28 have a shot.

It's the NBA post MJ, and with the stoic realization that James is just goodPERIOD

Brazil
07-12-2013, 05:30 PM
http://a0.img.mobypicture.com/9c3decc68e9d20b32e968a2a641c9f88_view.jpg

KL2
07-12-2013, 05:59 PM
No $tern=Lakers fucked

They won't win an nba championship for a looooooooong time.

Arnold Toht
07-12-2013, 06:00 PM
No $tern=Lakers fucked

Adam Silver's a jew.

Thread
07-12-2013, 06:10 PM
No $tern=Lakers fucked

Only pussies & assholes blame NYC.

spurraider21
07-12-2013, 06:26 PM
whatever you stick in my mouth you're gonna lose
this along with your "don't be purposely obtuse" line... soundin an awful lot like Andy Dufresne

Bynumite
07-12-2013, 06:36 PM
No $tern=Lakers fucked

lol faggot, the San Antonio Cucks won 4 rings under Stern's :cry reign of terror :cry and had way more FTs than the Heat and still couldn't get the job done.

Spurs chokedPERIOD

Bynumite
07-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Once the bi-curious cuck retires and Tony Casper loses a step, the spurs are done and tanking hell will be a harsh reality.

Unless spurfan expects Kiwi to carry the franchise :lmao

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/tombstone.jpg

Thread
07-12-2013, 06:51 PM
this along with your "don't be purposely obtuse" line... soundin an awful lot like Andy Dufresne

Absolutely.

Thread
07-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Once the bi-curious cuck retires and Tony Casper loses a step, the spurs are done and tanking hell will be a harsh reality.

Parker already blanched in this past Finals. I'd like to finger Duncan as the main culprit, but, that would be only for entertainment sake. Parker couldn't finish it because he got mentally exhausted and had to sit down for a spell. That sitting down was nearly James downfall earlier in the playoffs.

whitemamba
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Disagree. Lebron & melo arent coming so dont even think that is going to happen. But in 2015 if the 2014 RFA are smart, they will not opt out or re-up with their current teams. Look at Rox they did not get Dwight at first shot but they maintained cap flexibility until they could. YOu have to have a plan A and a Plan B and be patient and commited to it even if it does not work initially.

It may be a long shot I agree, but you never know some big name player will end up here eventually.

whitemamba
07-12-2013, 10:54 PM

:lmao

Thread
07-12-2013, 11:00 PM
It may be a long shot I agree, but you never know some big name player will end up here eventually.

James is the lone assetPERIOD Riley isn't going to permit him to leave. He'd die before that happens. He's going to furnish and preserve LeBron, give him what he needs, not because James knows what he needs, but, because Riley knows. Riley let Los Angeles fuck him up. He let NYC fuck him up. Riley has learned his lessons. He is not going to fuck this up. He's going to do with Arison what he did with Buss, but, he's not going to be reckless and naive this time. This time is for all time.

whitemamba
07-12-2013, 11:03 PM
James is the lone assetPERIOD Riley isn't going to permit him to leave. He'd die before that happens. He's going to furnish and preserve LeBron, give him what he needs, not because James knows what he needs, but, because Riley knows. Riley let Los Angeles fuck him up. He let NYC fuck him up. Riley has learned his lessons. He is not going to fuck this up. He's going to do with Arison what he did with Buss, but, he's not going to be reckless and naive this time. This time is for all time.

Lebron is a piece of shit, he bailed on his hometown... He will be looking to make amends, odds are he's going back to Cleveland my friend.

Thread
07-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Lebron is a piece of shit, he bailed on his hometown... He will be looking to make amends, odds are he's going back to Cleveland my friend.

White's, you're wrong. It's Media prefacing James' free agency with that Cleveland reunion story. It's shit. It's America in 2013. It's cheap and tawdry and beneath anybody with half a brain. Act like somebody gd it. They (Media) said the same gd type thing when we had Howard and we were going to hire a new coach. Media brought out the list (6 or 7 guys). Who's in the fucking middle of every fucking list? Surprise! Stan Van Gundy. Media is without an ounce of integrity. Their rats, whores, vultures, blood suckers. You're better than this, Whites. Act like it.

Katherine Robinson
07-12-2013, 11:19 PM
A fair question: Can the Spurs survive in San Antonio during the post-Duncan/Pop era? Seattle is still very much hungry.

Thread
07-12-2013, 11:25 PM
A fair question: Can the Spurs survive in San Antonio during the post-Duncan/Pop era? Seattle is still very much hungry.

Sure, they'll survive, they won't flourish, but, they'll live in their past, marinating in those championships, their faces aged by 6, their hearts fighting the endless battle between the "4" & the 6. That's their destiny. It's a great past. And a great destiny. It's wounded, tragically so, but, every destiny is.

Katherine Robinson
07-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Sure, they'll survive, they won't flourish, but, they'll live in their past, marinating in those championships, their faces aged by 6, their hearts fighting the endless battle between the "4" & the 6. That's their destiny. It's a great past. And a great destiny. It's wounded, tragically so, but, every destiny is.

Will they be able to survive financially, though, Dale. They were a step out the door before tanking for the shitbag. One has to wonder if a significant dry spell would bring back the woes of the past.

Thread
07-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Will they be able to survive financially, though, Dale. They were a step out the door before tanking for the shitbag. One has to wonder if a significant dry spell would bring back the woes of the past.

Of course. They'll sustain financially. The glory days will end, but, a near 20 year block coupled with their rich history guarantees their place in San Antonio.

Katherine Robinson
07-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Of course. They'll sustain financially. The glory days will end, but, a near 20 year block coupled with their rich history guarantees their place in San Antonio.

I hope you are right, sweety, the Spurs will be forever gimped within that city.

KaiRMD1
07-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Naw man they're gonna get Carmel:lol and win the 'ship!

Now, I just happen to glance over this post and almost spilled the expensive champagne in my glass that the party revelers enjoy in my beautiful mansion. This thought is one for the ages ol' sport

exstatic
07-13-2013, 01:58 PM

Spurs have hade more playoff appearances since the NBA/ABA merger in 1976 than the Lakers. It's not 20 years, it's closer to 40. They had a conf finals appearance like the second or third season. All Time win % is Lakers 1, SA 2, Boston 3.

Thread
07-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Spurs have hade more playoff appearances since the NBA/ABA merger in 1976 than the Lakers. It's not 20 years, it's closer to 40. They had a conf finals appearance like the second or third season. All Time win % is Lakers 1, SA 2, Boston 3.

Don't get testy. I was talking about the Championship years in my "block."