PDA

View Full Version : If only he didn't get injured....

SundvoldGino20
07-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Our off season acquisitions would be complete! Really look forward to seeing him play possibly next year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qNLYf3tVj6M

playblair
07-12-2013, 07:19 PM
bertans = future.......................

parker/cojo
green/hanga/denmon/scott
kawhi/bertans/thomas
splitter/pendi
baynes/richards

kobyz
07-12-2013, 08:08 PM
i repeat: we are a cursed team!

Sean Cagney
07-12-2013, 08:10 PM

I bet 99% of teams would love a 14 year curse then!!!!!!:lol

kobyz
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM

parker/cojo
green/hanga/denmon/scott
kawhi/bertans/thomas
splitter/pendi
baynes/richards

only if not that injury he could have really been big part of the future, i like him a lot, he own the drive and the spirit to be a star, too bad that horrible injury, could have create long side Kawhi the best dynamic duo forwords in the league and give us future of:

Tony Parker
Danny Green
Kawhi Leonard
Davis Bertans
Greg Oden

jon123spurs
07-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Holy shit dudes a f*king beast.

TheGoldStandard
07-12-2013, 08:43 PM
He's still really young, plenty of opportunity to rehab and get in the SL next year.

Gino-Step
07-12-2013, 09:11 PM
He's still really young, plenty of opportunity to rehab and get in the SL next year.

He kinda celebrates like he's black.

elmanutres
07-12-2013, 09:12 PM
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/Star%20Trek/63upuc.gif

SilverSpur
07-12-2013, 09:19 PM
What was his injury?

SnakeBoy
07-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Torn Acl

Agloco
07-12-2013, 10:35 PM

Blazerfan would respectfully disagree.

Darius McCrary
07-12-2013, 10:49 PM
He's finished.

weeks
07-12-2013, 11:53 PM

the most successful sports franchise in america is 'cursed'

spurs fans have the worst angst of anyone. i swear.

Texas_Ranger
07-12-2013, 11:56 PM
i think a lot of you are overrating him....

Sean Cagney
07-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Blazerfan would respectfully disagree.

Kings fans would respectfully disagree, hell most of the NBA would respectfully disagree! SUNS! Lets not even go into cursed teams.

IDIOTS, flat out IDIOTS at times they are. I pointed out to him last night, if Elliotts Shot misses in 99? If Horry's shot falls in 03 in game 5??????? If Horry misses in game 5 05? If the Suns do not flame out or manage to win game 5 without their stars in there and they almost did in 07??????? But he picks one or two games where the Spurs lost to say we are cursed lol! IDIOT.

DesignatedT
07-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Knee injury was certainly a bad break. He has a bright future though. ACL injuries are very common now and the fact that the Spurs flew him to SA to use one of their doctors is very telling.

racm
07-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Are you a Blazers fan perchance?

KaiRMD1
07-13-2013, 01:23 AM
I couldn't help noticed the belief that the San Antonio Spurs are a cursed team. I beg to differ especially considering these ol' sports have constantly been in contention. I would also like to point out how there are FAR more cursed teams than the Spurs.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-13-2013, 03:52 AM
He might not have the same exact hops, but he's a phenomenal shooter, and a quick footed defender. I don't think he's over-rated one bit.

kobyz
07-13-2013, 05:12 AM
Kings fans would respectfully disagree, hell most of the NBA would respectfully disagree! SUNS! Lets not even go into cursed teams.

IDIOTS, flat out IDIOTS at times they are. I pointed out to him last night, if Elliotts Shot misses in 99? If Horry's shot falls in 03 in game 5??????? If Horry misses in game 5 05? If the Suns do not flame out or manage to win game 5 without their stars in there and they almost did in 07??????? But he picks one or two games where the Spurs lost to say we are cursed lol! IDIOT.

we should have won those years regardless, we were the best team... you can point it out which way you want but still Duncan era's Spurs worth at least 7-8 championships, not only 4!
Duncan 2000 missed playoff injury... 2001 Derek Anderson injury... 2003 Fisher shot... 2007 Manu foul... 2008 finals - game 1 collapse losing the game after leading more than 20 points late in the game somthing that happened because god make the team's flight to LA to delayed by 15 hours which cause the team bad preparation and exhaustion which is why we lost the game, game 5 - foul on Barry/Crawford(Crawford by himself is a curse to the team, not only his intended bad refereeing against the team over the years, cause him only referee Spurs game without doing nothing is still psychological difficulty for the team after what happened, Spurs are very stupid not produce restraining order against him referee them, they have all the right in the world to demand it from NBA)... 2011 Manu Break hands a moment before playoff... 2012 OKC series collapse for mistory reason after leading 2-0 with home court advantage... 2013 28 the most heartbreaking/sad/painfull/cursed lost of all time in sport.

Sean Cagney
07-13-2013, 12:47 PM
we should have won those years regardless, we were the best team... you can point it out which way you want but still Duncan era's Spurs worth at least 7-8 championships, not only 4!
Duncan 2000 missed playoff injury... 2001 Derek Anderson injury... 2003 Fisher shot... 2007 Manu foul... 2008 finals - game 1 collapse losing the game after leading more than 20 points late in the game somthing that happened because god make the team's flight to LA to delayed by 15 hours which cause the team bad preparation and exhaustion which is why we lost the game, game 5 - foul on Barry/Crawford(Crawford by himself is a curse to the team, not only his intended bad refereeing against the team over the years, cause him only referee Spurs game without doing nothing is still psychological difficulty for the team after what happened, Spurs are very stupid not produce restraining order against him referee them, they have all the right in the world to demand it from NBA)... 2011 Manu Break hands a moment before playoff... 2012 OKC series collapse for mistory reason after leading 2-0 with home court advantage... 2013 28 the most heartbreaking/sad/painfull/cursed lost of all time in sport.

Whatever so many can point they were the best team that particular year and say we should have had a ring or more rings! The only one with alot is Jordan and Russell pretty much (Horry too but as a role player), the rest it's either the most 5 or 4 of those things! Magic ended up with 5 and Kobe has 5, Tim 4 and Bird 3. You sound like you are seriously playing for the team or just dwell on the negative and bad events over and over and discount what they have done in their title runs! I feel sorry for you with this way of thinking. You overanalyze the game too much man, relax and try to enjoy it more.

Heartbreaking this year yes we all agree, you sound like you will live your life on it though and dwell forever. It is not hte most cursed loss of all time in sports man, I am sure any team or alot of teams will tell you they as fans have had that moment with their team no matter what sport! No matter it in some playoffs game or whatever every team has had that moment! This was the finals but regardless a loss will stick with some fans for a while and the one that got away.

Man In Black
07-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Perhaps he's the reason the Basketball gods didn't give the Spurs Kirilenko?

I like it. He's 6-10, he speaks really good English, and likes to play D and attack the rim. What's not to like?

Agloco
07-13-2013, 01:09 PM
....... 2013 28 the most heartbreaking/sad/painfull/cursed lost of all time in sport.

With all due respect, you're truly clueless. At the very least you lack any perspective.

kobyz
07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Whatever so many can point they were the best team that particular year and say we should have had a ring or more rings! The only one with alot is Jordan and Russell pretty much (Horry too but as a role player), the rest it's either the most 5 or 4 of those things! Magic ended up with 5 and Kobe has 5, Tim 4 and Bird 3. You sound like you are seriously playing for the team or just dwell on the negative and bad events over and over and discount what they have done in their title runs! I feel sorry for you with this way of thinking. You overanalyze the game too much man, relax and try to enjoy it more.

Heartbreaking this year yes we all agree, you sound like you will live your life on it though and dwell forever. It is not hte most cursed loss of all time in sports man, I am sure any team or alot of teams will tell you they as fans have had that moment with their team no matter what sport! No matter it in some playoffs game or whatever every team has had that moment! This was the finals but regardless a loss will stick with some fans for a while and the one that got away.

First of all it's obvious that you are not a real fan if you take this disaster that easily... And yes it was so important to me, even much more than the players, I needed and want it like no tomorrow, it was all or nothing for me, it was the world for me... past disappointments I took relative ok, maybe with some crisis but something that is recoverable... This time is way way different, it's not only hurt, it's killing! I feel silly if I need to explain what this championship could have mean and how much this loss is so devestating and why... And just for the record, 4 rings are not enough, it's only, 5 rings is enough.

Sean Cagney
07-13-2013, 01:45 PM
First of all it's obvious that you are not a real fan if you take this disaster that easily... And yes it was so important to me, even much more than the players, I needed and want it like no tomorrow, it was all or nothing for me, it was the world for me... past disappointments I took relative ok, maybe with some crisis but something that is recoverable... This time is way way different, it's not only hurt, it's killing! I feel silly if I need to explain what this championship could have mean and how much this loss is so devestating and why... And just for the record, 4 rings are not enough, it's only, 5 rings is enough.
LOL at this, not a real fan? No it's obvious you are either very emo or just have no life outside of them winning a game and base your life on it, you need help man! You sound very whiney and take losses worse than most of the players do. You need to get ahold of yourself sir! I am a real fan and have been since around 93 so I have seen heartbreaks, all of them! I never thought they would get a ring at one point! THEN TIM! That was a great time to get that one in 99.

Why was it all or nothing for you or the world to you? You are not playing ball? I am sure you said this in 03 and 05 etc. too when they won or even 06 when they lost! You said it was the world to you then and no tomorrow without it! Either that you are a new fan that never saw those titles? If so you would remember some of the good times. I hate the loss and think about it too, but the way you word it this makes it seem like you have not been through alot in life yet and are very young and base your happiness on a game! When you base your happiness on outside things you already know what the means! Your fucked, not going the right route in life or not a good mental state.

kobyz
07-13-2013, 05:01 PM
LOL at this, not a real fan? No it's obvious you are either very emo or just have no life outside of them winning a game and base your life on it, you need help man! You sound very whiney and take losses worse than most of the players do. You need to get ahold of yourself sir! I am a real fan and have been since around 93 so I have seen heartbreaks, all of them! I never thought they would get a ring at one point! THEN TIM! That was a great time to get that one in 99.

Why was it all or nothing for you or the world to you? You are not playing ball? I am sure you said this in 03 and 05 etc. too when they won or even 06 when they lost! You said it was the world to you then and no tomorrow without it! Either that you are a new fan that never saw those titles? If so you would remember some of the good times. I hate the loss and think about it too, but the way you word it this makes it seem like you have not been through alot in life yet and are very young and base your happiness on a game! When you base your happiness on outside things you already know what the means! Your fucked, not going the right route in life or not a good mental state.

this is very arrogant comment... you don't know shit, you completely wrong trying to analys me... in opposite to you for me it was so important this specific title and not for any reason you listed... don't try to find rational behind it(real fan is not rational) but to me winning that title and Timmy getting #5 would have made me the most happy person in the world, it will have give me an ultimate joy and unique lifetime tranquility... you seems like someone anti spontaneous person, that take life planned and deliberate without soul, that maybe why you not getting hurt, good for you if that what you want...

Plum Island
07-13-2013, 05:35 PM

He's a Spurs fan?

Plum Island
07-13-2013, 05:37 PM
this is very arrogant comment... you don't know shit, you completely wrong trying to analys me... in opposite to you for me it was so important this specific title and not for any reason you listed... don't try to find rational behind it(real fan is not rational) but to me winning that title and Timmy getting #5 would have made me the most happy person in the world, it will have give me an ultimate joy and unique lifetime tranquility... you seems like someone anti spontaneous person, that take life planned and deliberate without soul, that maybe why you not getting hurt, good for you if that what you want...

Weird wording, but I get what you're saying. I look upon your posts with new eyes.

TE
07-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Someone should find kobyz a psychiatrist tbh.

Leetonidas
07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
A small-market team that lucked into two of the greatest big men ever in a 10 year span and won 4 rings in an 8 year stretch AND made it back to the Finals and were 28 seconds from winning #5 against LeBron James in his prime is cursed? Fucking kill yourself retard. Go talk to tlong and get back to me

Leetonidas
07-13-2013, 06:57 PM

You claimed that Popovich ruined your life. You need psychiatric help. There's a line between being a diehard fan and being a delusional emo wrist cutter. you have definitely crossed it

BatManu20
07-13-2013, 09:47 PM

monkeypunk
07-14-2013, 12:13 AM

I read this three times and i still can't tell if you're trollin or serious...

Either way, holy shitballs, shut the fuck up.

Darkwaters
07-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Knee injury was certainly a bad break. He has a bright future though. ACL injuries are very common now and the fact that the Spurs flew him to SA to use one of their doctors is very telling.

I assume you mean to say that the fact that they brought him back to the states indicates how interested they are in him? I don't know that this is entirely the case, as they've done this same thing many times in the past - bringing in injured draftees to have them treated in the States. The United States does have the best healthcare in the world, without exception, and the team has made a financial investment in that player. For instance, wasn't Marcus Denmon treated by the team's doctors last year when he broke his foot? That's a fringe NBA guy that probably never makes the league, and yet they still took care of him.

Now, I'm not saying I don't think they're genuinely interested in the guy. Because they clearly are. But I just don't think the doctor thing is the trigger or best indicator.

Darkwaters
07-14-2013, 02:10 AM
A small-market team that lucked into two of the greatest big men ever in a 10 year span and won 4 rings in an 8 year stretch AND made it back to the Finals and were 28 seconds from winning #5 against LeBron James in his prime is cursed? Fucking kill yourself retard. Go talk to tlong and get back to me

:lol

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2013, 02:12 AM
I hate Spurs fans.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2013, 02:13 AM

Hear, hear.

TrainOfThought5
07-14-2013, 04:53 AM

kobyz
07-14-2013, 06:41 AM

bitch, you just explain why it a curse, we had in our hands the biggest achievement of all time in sport, we had in our hands somthing more than a dream, more than heaven, and then we left with disappointment that is not reasonable, acceptable and digestible... what we lost with the way we lost is somthing extant only in curses or in Satan work...

Leetonidas
07-14-2013, 07:42 AM
you're retarded. LOL SATAN IS BEHIND THE SPURS LOSING!!!!

NickiRasgo
07-14-2013, 08:37 AM

parker/cojo
green/hanga/denmon/scott
kawhi/bertans/thomas
splitter/pendi
baynes/richards

You forgot Blair bro.

Spur|n|Austin
07-14-2013, 04:31 PM
bitch, you just explain why it a curse, we had in our hands the biggest achievement of all time in sport, we had in our hands somthing more than a dream, more than heaven, and then we left with disappointment that is not reasonable, acceptable and digestible... what we lost with the way we lost is somthing extant only in curses or in Satan work...

You may be the only human to seem to get dumber and dumber. Please stop posting.

kobyz
07-14-2013, 05:16 PM
You may be the only human to seem to get dumber and dumber. Please stop posting.

just keeping it real, man! not living in denial like some of you...

Brutalis
07-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Name a players that rip apart their ACL and come back and perform at a big time level in the history of our league. Anyone?

Sean Cagney
07-14-2013, 08:41 PM
You said I am not a real fan because I am not jumping out of a window like you and ending my mental health mind state over a basketball game I can't control. I love the team and it hurt badly as a fan, but thats where it stops SIR! We lost man, I have to live with that as a fan and it flat out sucks! BUT we have won more than alot of teams and the fact we don't have #5 is not going to make me want to shoot myself sir.

I have lost real family and real damn friends in life and had some bad times, believe me if a game is the worst thing you will go through then you will have a great life! LOL the most happy person in the world? What about personal accomplishments! Have a kid! Get a wife! See what life is about sir! If you rely on a game to make you happy in life you are seriously lost.

BTW man I sense you are joking alot or just trolling, atleast I hope so :rollin:lol

I sadly have to agree with you man :lol.

2centsworth
07-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Name a players that rip apart their ACL and come back and perform at a big time level in the history of our league. Anyone?

Michael Jordan

Kindergarten Cop
07-14-2013, 09:36 PM

Tim Hardaway, David West, Al Harrington, Al Jefferson, Jamal Crawford, and Baron Davis - to name a few.

boutons_deux
07-14-2013, 09:38 PM

Sean Cagney
07-14-2013, 09:46 PM

THIS POST IS LEGENDARY!

jbspurs
07-14-2013, 11:30 PM
@3:58 Was that him shooting 3 using left hand?

Sean Cagney
07-15-2013, 12:07 AM
You claimed that Popovich ruined your life. You need psychiatric help. There's a line between being a diehard fan and being a delusional emo wrist cutter. you have definitely crossed it
He is a nutcase, he had the nerve to call me out and say I must not be a fan because I am not nearly as emo as this psychotic fuck. He really needs help, either that he is a troll and I hope that is the case because he is beyond a nutjob.

kobyz
07-15-2013, 05:00 AM
You said I am not a real fan because I am not jumping out of a window like you and ending my mental health mind state over a basketball game I can't control. I love the team and it hurt badly as a fan, but thats where it stops SIR! We lost man, I have to live with that as a fan and it flat out sucks! BUT we have won more than alot of teams and the fact we don't have #5 is not going to make me want to shoot myself sir.

I have lost real family and real damn friends in life and had some bad times, believe me if a game is the worst thing you will go through then you will have a great life! LOL the most happy person in the world? What about personal accomplishments! Have a kid! Get a wife! See what life is about sir! If you rely on a game to make you happy in life you are seriously lost.

BTW man I sense you are joking alot or just trolling, atleast I hope so :rollin:lol

I sadly have to agree with you man :lol.

A lot of Cliché in your comment, you seems to try hard Beauty the situation to make you feel good with yourself but it only denial and it make to feel even shitier... If you want to know, actually there is one girl that like angel to me, that I love her in a level no man can do, she's like my all, I don't think i could ever want any other girl, but that being said I got burned also in that department... You should not tell me what life is, before this disaster of spurs losing the title I could enjoy life in smallest things, I was a person with very bright eyes that found calmness even though i went through some miserable life, could have found some sweet even in the bad stuff, and a lot very bad stuffs happened to me in my life... But now it's over, my soul is completely torn, I completely ruin, my life is done, I can't see life with good anymore... The thing is that winning this title would have been ultimate happines, yes more than any personal accomplishments you just said, I understand where you come from, I'm not disrespect those, they are also goals and dreams of mine, but you can't compare them to the happines that this title would have be because all the meanings behind it, you can't compare it to a great but ordinary happineses.

MR-Clutch
07-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Adrian Peterson...

MR-Clutch
07-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Hell, wasn't his surgery in Minnesota?

Kindergarten Cop
07-15-2013, 05:14 PM

Adrian Peterson...

Brutalis
07-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Our league meaning the NBA. Basketball. Try again!

2centsworth
07-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Our league meaning the NBA. Basketball. Try again!

you were given plenty of examples that you decided to ignore.

Brutalis
07-16-2013, 08:11 PM
you were given plenty of examples that you decided to ignore.
Actually I didn't see the post.

T Hard was not the same player. West and Jefferson did alright but the others were doomed.

So my point was dude is not even a star player much less a bench warmer in the NBA yet, so I don't see him coming back from that and making much of an impact. Just my opinion. He's not worth big money to bring him over.

2centsworth
07-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Actually I didn't see the post.

T Hard was not the same player. West and Jefferson did alright but the others were doomed.

So my point was dude is not even a star player much less a bench warmer in the NBA yet, so I don't see him coming back from that and making much of an impact. Just my opinion. He's not worth big money to bring him over.

How about Michael Jordan? That's the example I gave. Also, Jamaal Crawford is better than he's ever been.

Leetonidas
07-16-2013, 08:32 PM
A lot of Cliché in your comment, you seems to try hard Beauty the situation to make you feel good with yourself but it only denial and it make to feel even shitier... If you want to know, actually there is one girl that like angel to me, that I love her in a level no man can do, she's like my all, I don't think i could ever want any other girl, but that being said I got burned also in that department... You should not tell me what life is, before this disaster of spurs losing the title I could enjoy life in smallest things, I was a person with very bright eyes that found calmness even though i went through some miserable life, could have found some sweet even in the bad stuff, and a lot very bad stuffs happened to me in my life... But now it's over, my soul is completely torn, I completely ruin, my life is done, I can't see life with good anymore... The thing is that winning this title would have been ultimate happines, yes more than any personal accomplishments you just said, I understand where you come from, I'm not disrespect those, they are also goals and dreams of mine, but you can't compare them to the happines that this title would have be because all the meanings behind it, you can't compare it to a great but ordinary happineses.

emofag

spurraider21
07-16-2013, 08:43 PM
his athleticism is remarkably better than when we first picked him up. i remember watching vids of his earlier days and he was nowhere near as explosive

TheGoldStandard
07-16-2013, 08:44 PM
his athleticism is remarkably better than when we first picked him up. i remember watching vids of his earlier days and he was nowhere near as explosive

He was just a kid a few years back, starting to play within himself. Hopefully he can recover and still keep all that explosiveness or a margin of that.