PDA

View Full Version : Jack Reacher

Avante
07-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Just picked up a couple new (to me) Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels. Giving me about a dozen. How on earth could anyone see Tom Cruise playing Reacher in a movie? What a totally stupid idea. That's like having Denzel play Sherlock Holmes.

Jack Reacher is 6-5 250 and not a pretty boy at all.

The books are great, only James Lee Burke and his Louisiana detective Dan Robicheaux rival them. Yep, superior to Raymond Chandler and James Patterson. The Holmes stories by Doyle are also great.

I just started..A Wanted Man. Like a few of these Reacher novels, there's Jack out in the middle of nowhere (Nebraska this time) hitch hiking, so after a ton of drive bys, up pulls a big sedan with two men and a woman in it..................

Rogue
07-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Having the 5'7 TC to play Jack Reacher is just stupid idea as choosing my goddess for that black widow role tbh. I still like the avengers movie and everything with my goddess in but I have to say the black widow has to be one of the least favorite characters to me that she has played tbh.

I can't wait to see TC and my goddess make a film together, their heights match perfectly tbh.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Hey quasi-mod, quit littering... http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207150&highlight=Jack+Reacher

I mean, shit, it's not like the thread had a different name, different topic, or was even absent of your redundant know-it-all ass.

Avante
07-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Having the 5'7 TC to play Jack Reacher is just stupid idea as choosing my goddess for that black widow role tbh. I still like the avengers movie and everything with my goddess in but I have to say the black widow has to be one of the least favorite characters to me that she has played tbh.

I can't wait to see TC and my goddess make a film together, their heights match perfectly tbh.

What is this obsession with an actress?

Avante
07-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Hey quasi-mod, quit littering... http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207150&highlight=Jack+Reacher

I mean, shit, it's not like the thread had a different name, different topic, or was even absent of your redundant know-it-all ass.

For a guy who never ever ever posts threads here you sure worry a lot. I got a deal for ya amigo since you're soooooooooooooooooooooo worried about everything. You post one thread (without mentioning me) and I won't post a thread for 30 days...ok?

Bender
07-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I've been a fan of the Reacher book series for years. Tom Cruise would be one of my last choices to play him.

Just finished The Affair, and A Wanted Man.

Dan Robicheaux
I've been a long-time fan of that series too. Uh, isn't it Dave...?

Avante
07-12-2013, 07:42 PM
For a guy who never ever ever posts threads here you sure worry a lot. I got a deal for ya amigo since you're soooooooooooooooooooooo worried about everything. You post one thread (without mentioning me) and I won't post a thread for 30 days...ok?

This is funny.....

First, is there a way to distinguish between AZLouis (a great poster) and this newbie Louis or Louis2? For whatever reason, I've been confused twixt the two posters. Maybe it's not an issue for others, so I'm not even sure how relevant this question is, but I just thought I'd throw it out there...

Also, Is there a particular reason why I cannot post in the "Classic Thread" forum? I wanted to ask the above question in the "Kori = Bitch" thread started by Louis2, but was unable.

If it's because I'm not a Spurs fan and that's a Spurs fan only site, then I can live with it. If not, I just find it odd, because I'm not a troll and would like to find out why...

"...just call it my need to know!"
- Top Dollar, "The Crow"

JMarkJohns
07-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Done: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211838

Avante
07-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I've been a fan of the Reacher book series for years. Tom Cruise would be one of my last choices to play him.

I've been a long-time fan of that series too. Uh, isn't it Dave...?

Yep, Dave.

Burke is great isn't he?

Avante
07-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Done: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211838

Obviously talking about starting now.

Bender
07-12-2013, 07:47 PM
dont remember much of the Burke series, been many years since I've followed it. I remember liking the first one the best.. the neon rain...

JMarkJohns
07-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Second time you've quoted this thread of mine from my first few months here at this site from like 8 years ago? It was posted in a questions forum.

Not sure why then-pertinent questions taken out of context is humorous to you.

Maybe it's just your need to be a fucktard?!

This is funny.....

First, is there a way to distinguish between AZLouis (a great poster) and this newbie Louis or Louis2? For whatever reason, I've been confused twixt the two posters. Maybe it's not an issue for others, so I'm not even sure how relevant this question is, but I just thought I'd throw it out there...

Also, Is there a particular reason why I cannot post in the "Classic Thread" forum? I wanted to ask the above question in the "Kori = Bitch" thread started by Louis2, but was unable.

If it's because I'm not a Spurs fan and that's a Spurs fan only site, then I can live with it. If not, I just find it odd, because I'm not a troll and would like to find out why...

"...just call it my need to know!"
- Top Dollar, "The Crow"

JMarkJohns
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Obviously talking about starting now.

Already backtracking. Not what you said.

Rogue
07-12-2013, 07:50 PM
What is this obsession with an actress?
my goddess is like a spiritual symbol in my mind and the real life Scarlett that everyone knows is nothing but a template, a prototype that's not remotely the same as my "goddess" in personality and others, though they look basically the same (barring tattoos and piercing). Scarlett has the look of an angel (imagine how your Judy looks) but her personality ain't perfect, and I would never really fall in love with such a saucy bitch that she is in the real life even if I was not a celibate tbh.

Clipper Nation
07-12-2013, 09:00 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/491/199/0d6.jpg

vander
07-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I read the first 4 Reacher books after seeing and liking the Movie, but didn't care much for them, too many insane coincidences, the "twists" are obvious from miles away, Reacher too easily capable of taking guys out...

Pike & Cole > Reacher

Avante
07-12-2013, 11:09 PM
dont remember much of the Burke series, been many years since I've followed it. I remember liking the first one the best.. the neon rain...

Neon Rain...was the book that got me hooked on Burke, yep, the first book of his I read.

Avante
07-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Already backtracking. Not what you said.

How about common sense?

Avante
07-12-2013, 11:12 PM
my goddess is like a spiritual symbol in my mind and the real life Scarlett that everyone knows is nothing but a template, a prototype that's not remotely the same as my "goddess" in personality and others, though they look basically the same (barring tattoos and piercing). Scarlett has the look of an angel (imagine how your Judy looks) but her personality ain't perfect, and I would never really fall in love with such a saucy bitch that she is in the real life even if I was not a celibate tbh.

Dude, I keep thinking you're putting on an act here. Your stuff is simply too strange to be real.

Avante
07-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I read the first 4 Reacher books after seeing and liking the Movie, but didn't care much for them, too many insane coincidences, the "twists" are obvious from miles away, Reacher too easily capable of taking guys out...

Pike & Cole > Reacher

Gotta disagree, I find the books totally interesting. Reacher a unique hero.

THEGOAT
06-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Wow

Darth_Pelican
08-19-2018, 10:09 AM
Lol

SpursforSix
08-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Lol

Well...according to Avante, you can never get too much Child.

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Well...according to Avante, you can never get too much Child.

Imagine the impact you must make on somebody for them to go back five years to find some thread...................

Avanteist at it's ultimate best.

SpursforSix
08-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Imagine the impact you must make on somebody for them to go back five years to find some thread...................

Avanteist at it's ultimate best.

wot

Avante
08-19-2018, 06:51 PM
wot

You actually had nothing better to do than go back in time to find this thread?

Want me to go back in time and pull up al those..0..threads of yours?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 06:53 PM

Want me to go back in time and pull up al those..0..threads of yours?It's just showing how you repeat yourself constantly.

Don't get pissy.

Avante
08-19-2018, 07:00 PM
It's just showing how you repeat yourself constantly.

Don't get pissy.

Talking about something in 2013 and then again (after another movie) some five years later is repeating yourself? How many posters here today weren't here in 2013 and how many here in 2013 are gone?

SpursforSix
08-19-2018, 07:01 PM

Want me to go back in time and pull up al those..0..threads of yours?

That wasn’t me faggot. Check again.

Avante
08-19-2018, 07:12 PM
That wasn’t me faggot. Check again.

You'll get over it,

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Talking about something in 2013 and then again (after another movie) some five years later is repeating yourself? How many posters here today weren't here in 2013 and how many here in 2013 are gone?You just say the same things over and over and over again.

Except when you completely contradict yourself.

lol

Avante
08-19-2018, 08:12 PM
You just say the same things over and over and over again.

Except when you completely contradict yourself.

lol

You're doing it again Pavlov. Why do you NEED to run everyone down and play critic when you are bad at this yourself, well?

You..you.you....dude, what is with that?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 08:13 PM
You're doing it again Pavlov. Why do you NEED to run everyone down and play critic when you are bad at this yourself, well?There is a lot to criticize with some posters and you're also really sensitive about it.

Avante
08-19-2018, 08:16 PM
There is a lot to criticize with some posters and you're also really sensitive about it.

Why do you care so much what anyone else does?

You are obsessed with seeing if you can bug people,why?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Why do you care so much what anyone else does?

You are obsessed with seeing if you can bug people,why?You're easy to bug.

Look at you squealing about it right now.

Grow a thicker skin.

Avante
08-19-2018, 08:26 PM
You're easy to bug.

Grow a thicker skin.

Dude, I asked you about why you get off bothering everyone, now answer the question, ok?

Pavlov there it is right there. Why do you do that? Answer what you are asked, you don't....well you.....ok guy?

Dude, we will be talking about Pavlov so get used to it.

SpursforSix
08-19-2018, 08:40 PM
You'll get over it,

Nothing to get over. Typical Avante being wrong. It’s the longest list of them all.

Avante
08-19-2018, 08:48 PM
Nothing to get over. Typical Avante being wrong. It’s the longest list of them all.

Watch this.

Being that isalong list knock out just five Avanre wromgs. lets see them.

Here is where it's...totally ignored, too busy, why waste his time, everything but...

Ok no problem here ya go....

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 09:09 PM
Dude, I asked you about why you get off bothering everyone, now answer the question, ok?I did.

You're easy to bug.

Grow a thicker skin.

Avante
08-19-2018, 09:15 PM
I did.

You're easy to bug.

Grow a thicker skin.

Pavlov you really don't get it at all do ya? Nobody wants some idiot like you bothering them, this is why I ignored you, you are totally.completely.100% boring. All you EVER do is ...I'm bugging ya huh huh huh?

Dude, grow up and act like a grown man, ok?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Pavlov you really don't get it at all do ya? Nobody wants some idiot like you bothering them, this is why I ignored you, you are totally.completely.100% boring. All you EVER do is ...I'm bugging ya huh huh huh?

Dude, grow up and act like a grown man, ok?Great. Ignore me more.

You're doing great job!

Avante
08-19-2018, 09:30 PM
Great. Ignore me more.

You're doing great job!

I felt sorry for ya guy. Yep, pity.

Now it's time to kick your dumb ass around.

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 09:47 PM
I felt sorry for ya guy. Yep, pity.

Now it's time to kick your dumb ass around.Sure, pay me all your attention.

That'll show me not to bug you.

lol

Avante
08-19-2018, 09:50 PM
Sure, pay me all your attention.

That'll show me not to bug you.

lol

Who don't you bug?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 09:54 PM
Who don't you bug?I don't know.

Make a poll. That'll show me.

Avante
08-19-2018, 09:56 PM
I don't know.

Make a poll. That'll show me.

Why this need to bug anyone?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 09:58 PM
Why this need to bug anyone?Some people have fragile egos that are easily exposed.

Avante
08-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Some people have fragile egos that are easily exposed.

Why do you care so much about everybody else?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Why do you care so much about everybody else?False premise.

SpursforSix
08-19-2018, 10:13 PM
One of y’all PM when this back and forth is over so we can actually discuss Jack Reacher.

Avante
08-19-2018, 10:17 PM
False premise.

Pavlov, so you don't care about what everybody does despite all the evidence that says differently?

Avante
08-19-2018, 10:19 PM
One of y’all PM when this back and forth is over so we can actually discuss Jack Reacher.

Well we could...

Bend over and we'll show you a PM.

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Pavlov, so you don't care about what everybody does despite all the evidence that says differently?That's right.

Keep talking about me.

Avante
08-19-2018, 10:20 PM
That's right.

Keep talking about me.

Pavlov, I told you we were going to be talking about you, did you forget?

Pavlov
08-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Pavlov, I told you we were going to be talking about you, did you forget?Yes, you told me all about how obsessed you are and you are devoting your life to this.

Avante
08-19-2018, 10:30 PM
Yes, you told me all about how obsessed you are and you are devoting your life to this.

That was stupid even for you.

Try it again without the...DUH!

Avante
08-19-2018, 10:34 PM
Pavlov

The game you want to play is get someone defending themselves as you dig at them. Well we won't be doing that, got it?

Pavlov
08-20-2018, 01:32 AM
Pavlov

The game you want to play is get someone defending themselves as you dig at them. Well we won't be doing that, got it?You can be as obsessed as you want.

I'm not stopping you.

Go right ahead.

SpursforSix
08-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Well we could...

Bend over and we'll show you a PM.

so childish.

Me: Hey let's talk about Jack Reacher...in a Jack Reacher thread
You: Bend over...giggle fart
Me: eye roll...I should have expected this

Avante
08-20-2018, 12:24 PM
so childish.

Me: Hey let's talk about Jack Reacher...in a Jack Reacher thread
You: Bend over...giggle fart
Me: eye roll...I should have expected this

I totally agree with you finally, yes it is not only childish but stupid. So why do you get a nut over it?

SpursforSix
08-20-2018, 12:36 PM
I totally agree with you finally, yes it is not only childish but stupid. So why do you get a nut over it?

get a nut over what?

Avante
08-20-2018, 12:39 PM
get a nut over what?

Bend over and I'll show you a nut.

Dude, you really do think that childish crap is funny don't ya?

SpursforSix
08-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Bend over and I'll show you a nut.

Dude, you really do think that childish crap is funny don't ya?

what does all that....bend over...have to do with Jack Reacher?
nope...nothing...

Avante
08-20-2018, 01:48 PM
what does all that....bend over...have to do with Jack Reacher?
nope...nothing...

I totally agree it has nothing to do with the topic. So why do you use that?

SpursforSix
08-20-2018, 01:55 PM
I totally agree it has nothing to do with the topic. So why do you use that?

Look...I just popped in to discuss Reacher. If you want to go on and on about something unrelated...well...you can do that without me.

Avante
08-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Look...I just popped in to discuss Reacher. If you want to go on and on about something unrelated...well...you can do that without me.

I asked you a question guy. So it's ok for you to...bend over and....in any topic but if anyone else does it it's off topic? What topic does...bend over and....fit, well?

SpursforSix
08-20-2018, 02:10 PM
I asked you a question guy. So it's ok for you to...bend over and....in any topic but if anyone else does it it's off topic? What topic does...bend over and....fit, well?

look here everyone...our Jack Reacher "expert" won't even talk about...yep...Jack Reacher.

hahahahahahahhah

BD24
08-20-2018, 03:13 PM
look here everyone...our Jack Reacher "expert" won't even talk about...yep...Jack Reacher.

hahahahahahahhah
:lol

Avante
08-20-2018, 04:27 PM
Ok getting back to Jack Reacher.

His dad was in the Army so the family moved around a lot.

So there they are once again the new family on the block. So Jack and his older brother Joe are out on the street, the new kids in the neighborhood.

As they head down to the local beach they encounter the local gang. Yep, right in their path.

Joe (the sensible one) "excuse me but we can't get by"

Big badass kid, the leader of the gang...." nope, so what do you plan on doing about it" (six/seven punks)

Joe "we're not looking for any trouble, ok?
Badass...."well you got some, so now what?"
Joe looks over to Jack.
Jack...."ok here are your options fatso, you can move, which I highly recommend,or I will kick the shit out of you and those punks hiding behind you, now it's on you fat man"
Badass...(takng a good look at the muscles and the eyes)....hmmmmm? I tell ya what....

BAM!!!!!!!...down goes fatso. Then a boot to the head, then another.

Jack (looking at the punks)....now, we can do this one at a time or all of you vs me and brother Joe here who kicks my ass,(yep, BS) so make a decision"

The gang picks up fatso and heads off to safety.

It went something like that, sorta.

Avant
06-06-2019, 07:09 AM
I dropped some stuff off at a local GOODWILL. While there I went in to see what I could find. I score a Chris Isaak CD. While standing in line I start looking at some books on one of those spinner type racks***................what?......PAST TENSE! The latest Reacher novel and the only one I didn't have, it came out in Nov of 2018. Yep, a 27 dollar hard back for.....a buck.

Once again our hero is trying to hitch a ride, we are told he is a massive monstrosity and most are a bit ...hmmm?... about picking The Hulk up. But, he always gets a ride.

In this one he wants to see where is dad grew up, so he sets to find out. So this and that and.....a girl in an alley getting mauled by a big football looking kid...obviously Reacher...."get lost kid". Yep, the big kid won't listen, so......come to find out he was the son of the big wig in town and now Reacher will have to deal with what comes after him.........

As far as I got.

We need another movie.

*** the book was on a shelf below the rack which only holds paperbacks.