PDA

View Full Version : UFC 168: December 28, 2013



ace3g
07-13-2013, 11:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUVn95PCUAAqaGy.jpg:large
Chris Weidman (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/chris-weidman) vs. Anderson Silva (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/anderson-silva)
for UFC middleweight title
Ronda Rousey (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/ronda-rousey) vs. Miesha Tate (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/miesha-tate)
for women's bantamweight title
Josh Barnett (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/josh-barnett) vs. Travis Browne (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/travis-browne)
Michael Johnson (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/michael-johnson) vs. Gleison Tibau (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/gleison-tibau)
Uriah Hall (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/uriah-hall) vs. Chris Leben (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/chris-leben)
Diego Brandao (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/diego-brandao) vs. Dustin Poirier (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/dustin-poirier)
Manny Gamburyan (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/manvel-gamburyan) vs. Dennis Siver (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/dennis-siver)
Fabricio Camoes (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/fabricio-camoes) vs. Jim Miller (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/jim-miller)
William Macario (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/william-macario) vs. Bobby Voelker (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/bobby-voelker)
Siyar Bahadurzada (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/siyar-bahadurzada) vs. John Howard (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/john-howard)
Estevan Payan (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/estevan-payan) vs. Robert Peralta (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/robert-peralta)

mercos
07-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Most anticipated rematch in UFC history? There have been some good ones, no doubt (Liddell-Ortiz 2, Silva-Sonnen 2, etc.) but this one may take the cake.

Brunodf
07-14-2013, 01:18 AM
http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/9/95/This-is-gonna-be-good.gif

polandprzem
07-14-2013, 02:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I6Zb92IfHkI

polandprzem
07-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Is he really that confident?



btw. this fight is not for the belt right?

dbreiden83080
07-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Silva will be tough to beat this time. He was embarrassed and likely for the first time in a long time won't be playing around..

polandprzem
07-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Silva will be tough to beat this time. He was embarrassed and likely for the first time in a long time won't be playing around..

It might be easier to take him down if he will not play around. Who knows what he is gonna do as he always got to pull his shit.

IMO weidman is aware of it and will try to put Silva on the ground fast and submit him there. I will not stand any Silva win :cuss:

hehateme
07-14-2013, 08:37 PM
I believe Silva wins this one. He has quickness and speed over Chris but his ego got the best of him last time which if it happens again will play out the same. I bet he doesn't though and just handle's business.

ace3g
07-20-2013, 10:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPqtf0ZCUAA2mOw.jpg:large

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Silva is gonna hurt Weidman.. should be a war

ace3g
08-13-2013, 12:26 AM
fan made


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2U3Cr9ZyHA

The TroutBum
08-23-2013, 04:37 PM
That was one of the best promo's I've seen yet.

Here's how I see it going down: Silva is going to come in all pumped, no bullshit, and try to strike his way to a 30 second victory. Weidman will take him down with ease and GnP his ass the entire fight, and win a UD 49-46.

Book that shit.

polandprzem
08-24-2013, 05:40 AM
That was one of the best promo's I've seen yet.

Here's how I see it going down: Silva is going to come in all pumped, no bullshit, and try to strike his way to a 30 second victory. Weidman will take him down with ease and GnP his ass the entire fight, and win a UD 49-46.

Book that shit.
I can agree on the first part but I hope Silva will lose his will when Weidman gonna take him down and I hope him to submit this lead of crap

ace3g
09-16-2013, 11:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUVn95PCUAAqaGy.jpg:large

ace3g
09-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Adam Hill @AdamHillLVRJ
(http://twitter.com/AdamHillLVRJ)Heavyweight showdown @travisbrowneMMA (http://twitter.com/travisbrowneMMA) vs. @JoshLBarnett (http://twitter.com/JoshLBarnett) added to @ufc (http://twitter.com/ufc) 168 card reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc… (http://t.co/vzYL6b0mnn)

djohn14
09-17-2013, 11:28 PM
I've always been a big Silva fan. I understand why people werent/arent, but I'm pulling for him. With that said, I think we've seen the last of Anderson as a champion. If he loses this fight, I suspect we will have seen the last of him in the octagon.

ace3g
09-19-2013, 02:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B1rZAxQPzSk

polandprzem
09-24-2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gb6lusNbYmk

dbreiden83080
12-08-2013, 07:14 PM
They are jacking up the PPV price for this another 5 bucks. It's nice the UFC has officially priced their fan base out of their product..

polandprzem
12-17-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5Rbf5SbEA&feature=player_embedded

benefactor
12-18-2013, 07:04 AM
:lol Kampmann...dude has been hit in the head one too many times.

polandprzem
12-18-2013, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWTDAHKReOc&feature=player_embedded

polandprzem
12-19-2013, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=RFDKxecqhy0

Sir Loin
12-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Gotta go with silva since weidman was a complete dick when i met him at a fan expo. He acted like he didnt even wanna be there. Excited for this fight and card no matter what happens though

dbreiden83080
12-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Gut feeling here for me is that Silva comes in well-trained well-prepared not playing around and wins the rematch. Just my opinion.

benefactor
12-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Silva will come back focused, but it's Weidman's time tbh.

Weidman by UD.

polandprzem
12-24-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qVSDFzKqBxc

polandprzem
12-24-2013, 08:55 AM
GR8 stuff tbh


It looks like AS was not liking the idea of a rematch at the press and Weidman did.


Chris is the guy who not gets intimidated at all as what I see. But I'm afraid he can lose cause Anderson can really engage to finish the fight. I can't wait to see what happens.

txstr1986
12-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Chris Weidman v. Anderson Silva - It's a toss-up, but I picked Weidman last time around and see no reason why he can't win this time too.

Ronda Rousey v. Miesha Tate - As much as I dislike Ronda, nobody has ever survived that first round armbar...

Josh Barnett v. Travis Browne - Barnet is old and just a few years from retirement, so for the sake of the HW division I hope that Browne pulls this off

Jim Miller v. Fabricio Camoes - Miller might not be the most talented fighter, but he does have an insane motor

Dustin Poirier v. Diego Brandao - There will be fireworks, but Poirier will get the best of it.

polandprzem
12-26-2013, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onKq22hYMgw&feature=player_embedded



http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JiB7lwe99ZM



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mGYL7eWDxk&feature=player_embedded

Thebesteva
12-27-2013, 05:56 AM
I really hope Rousey loses, shes an annoying ****.

I have no clue if Silva or Weidman win this. Its very difficult to beat a man who knocks you out cold. Its gonna take something special from Silva to do it, but he is capable of doing it.

Technique
12-27-2013, 06:13 AM
I got money on Weidman. People say he got lucky with a clip, but prior to that clip he had silva deep in a leg lock and clearly had the superior ground game.

polandprzem
12-27-2013, 07:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ia6gngcUnLI

polandprzem
12-27-2013, 07:38 AM
I don't know if it's okay for you, me to put the videos here. Is anybody using them or are they useless cause they are on mma sites/??

All in all IMo Anderson will be doing everything differently then the last time just to surprise Chris. If Weidman can o through it coldblooded that's insane.
He was bit stressed at presser- Weidman was. So I wonder how he is gonna look inside the cage.

txstr1986
12-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't know if it's okay for you, me to put the videos here. Is anybody using them or are they useless cause they are on mma sites/??

I appreciate you posting the videos because I usually visit Spurstalk before checking other MMA sites.

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva for UFC middleweight title

You know how I feel about this fight, and you know how I hate Silva. he now decided to put his hands up like I said he would just to do different staredown. But Chris has confidence as hell. Refusing to shake hands is just disrespectful. I hope for a submission for Weidman or g&p. Chael could do it so can Chris. Chris is stronger and more powerful with the punches. Let's see how Chris will react for Silvas stand up who might as well move forward quickly. And we will see TDD of Silva. I don't know.

Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate for women's bantamweight title
I hate Ronda and hers attitude as well as her low level one liners taken right from Diaz brothers.


Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne

Josh will move forward and will try to finish quick. Travis will be ready but IMO Barnett will take him down and finish there. Exciting fight to watch.


Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller

Jimmy is my man, both tough guys. A war on a paper. I want some flashy sub!


Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier

Diego is not on a level of Poirier IMO, anybody that says this fight will be back and forth is wrong IMO :)
Even now with Brandao bigger then opponent I still think Poirier will dust the floor with Brazilian





So that's my final predictions of the year!


I'm bit disappointed to watch the fights on streams :cuss:

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm bit disappointed to watch the fights on streams :cuss:

Streams for me too... Damn UFC for jacking up the price for this one as if this shit is not overpriced as it is..

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva for UFC middleweight title

Well what does the master have left in the tank? I think he had Weidman tamed in the 2nd round but he was at this level where he thought he was invincible and nobody could fuck with him. Well he was wrong. I think he got humbled and will take this fight very serious with minimal flash and look to just be efficient. The thing with Anderson is he has shown his whole career that he can end a fight at any time with a strike or submission so even if Weidman is controlling the fight at any time he can be put away. I think Anderson will not play around and find his opening VIA KO round 2 or 3.. Looking forward to it...


Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate for women's bantamweight title

The smart money is on Ronda but I am rooting for Tate. Even though Ronda right now is a one trick pony nobody has been able to do much about it. She will probably force that clinch again and drag Tate to the ground and go to work for her arm-bar. The only way Miesha can win is if she stuffs those arm-bars and forces Ronda to stand and trade. She needs to get her past round 1 and test her other MMA skills. Ronda is so wound up with emotion every time she fights that extending her might be her undoing because she wants to end them all so quickly.. But I just see Ronda getting that TD and arm-bar again.. But I hope I'm wrong..


Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne

Go with the grizzled Vet on this one with his grappling.. Submission..



Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller



Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier

txstr1986
12-28-2013, 11:17 AM
I know that I already picked 5 fights, but I would just like to point out that Dennis Siver will GNP Gamburyan into submission. The dude is just too strong.

ace3g
12-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Chris Weidman (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/chris-weidman) vs. Anderson Silva (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/anderson-silva) for middleweight title

- I got this pick wrong the 1st fight but like others have said I think Silva doesn't mess around and wins by TKO.


Ronda Rousey (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/ronda-rousey) vs. Miesha Tate (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/miesha-tate) for women's bantamweight title

- If you believe Tate who said she came out too emotional in the 1st fight and didn't follow the game plan, lets see if she comes out more calm and collected.


Josh Barnett (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/josh-barnett) vs. Travis Browne (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/travis-browne)

- Arm Triangle


Fabricio Camoes (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/fabricio-camoes) vs. Jim Miller (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/jim-miller)
Diego Brandao (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/diego-brandao) vs. Dustin Poirier (http://mmajunkie.com/fighters/dustin-poirier)

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 12:55 PM
It won't matter how calm Miesha is if she can't deal with Ronda's grappling. I just see Ronda rag dolling her to the ground again and going to work..

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Streams for me too... Damn UFC for jacking up the price for this one as if this shit is not overpriced as it is..

Well, I'm not gonna be at my house. I pay no additional money for the event.
Unfortunately I'm gonna be at work and I'm glad nothing is happening at 4am there. Actually I'm there now, so there is here ! :D

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Ace you picked tate yet you picked Silva ... :(

Brunodf
12-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Weidman vs Silva - Silva may be the best fighter but i think Weidman will win by sub, the psychological advantage seems too big to Silva overcome( just like Nog vs Mir)

Rousey vs Tate

Barnett vs Browne - He deserves a title shot.

Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller

Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier

ace3g
12-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Apparently Dana is suppose to make an announcement prior to the fight...I heard rumors before I heard about Dana on twitter that Lesnar could be returning and either Lesnar/Carwin II or Lesnar/Fedor is a possibility.

ace3g
12-28-2013, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbFcKd9nwLY

txstr1986
12-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Streams for me too... Damn UFC for jacking up the price for this one as if this shit is not overpriced as it is..

What site do you use?

Slydragon
12-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Streams for me too... Damn UFC for jacking up the price for this one as if this shit is not overpriced as it is..

Can I get a PM with a link?

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 08:15 PM
What site do you use?


Can I get a PM with a link?

Actually got a friend coming over so we are going to split it..

Sorry..

Robz4000
12-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Dis gun be gud...

I got Silva and Rousey, but hoping Weidman wins.

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 08:37 PM
If only Howard had better cardio and worked on grappling more he would be top10 at least

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Now

Heart vs Athleticism

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 09:28 PM
frickin streams starting to piss me off

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Streaming is always a pain. Sometimes you find a great one and other times they just suck. For a card like this with the Main Event so hyped the streams will likely suck due to the traffic.

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 10:01 PM
yea and the worst thing is when something dramatic happens they just freeze - I do not know the reason why

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-28-2013, 10:03 PM
anderson gonna whoop that ass tonight!!!

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 10:17 PM
yea and the worst thing is when something dramatic happens they just freeze - I do not know the reason why

It's the traffic on the stream. You get a good one but once the word spreads it gets too crowded..

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Dustin fucking destroyed him...

ace3g
12-28-2013, 10:22 PM
DDP!!!!

ace3g
12-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Barkley!!!

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 10:29 PM
It's the traffic on the stream. You get a good one but once the word spreads it gets too crowded..

When Hall was finishing the 1st round my stream froze

benefactor
12-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Man Brandao got drug. Poirier with a striking clinic.

ace3g
12-28-2013, 10:40 PM
what a transition from Miller for that arm bar

blizz
12-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Anyone have a streaming link they can PM me?

benefactor
12-28-2013, 10:48 PM
what a transition from Miller for that arm bar
That was one of the best arm bar setups I have ever seen. Perfect technique.

Brunodf
12-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Damn, not a good night to pick Brazilians

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Oh for Fuck's sake they are promoting a Movie now..

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Oh for Fuck's sake they are promoting a Movie now..

Exactly wtf?

Josh vs Travis - let's go

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Another great movie :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Exactly wtf?

Josh vs Travis - let's go

Seriously..

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 11:06 PM
WOW

Browne is for real....

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 11:06 PM
fuck it :pctoss

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 11:06 PM
He destroyed Josh with those elbows,,

ace3g
12-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Browne knows something others don't with those elbows, because that is open in any fight

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Brown vs JDS would be nice

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Browne knows something others don't with those elbows, because that is open in any fight
positioning :)

Brunodf
12-28-2013, 11:08 PM
:wow That was impressive

blkroadrunners
12-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Wow that was quick

ace3g
12-28-2013, 11:10 PM
positioning :)

I realize that but, it is a bit odd that no one else has tried that before in the same position. He basically wants to be taken down against the cage then just starts to land, easy low impact win strategy

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Cain is out for a year again with an injury so interesting HW fights to come in 2014...

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Cain is out for a year again with an injury so interesting HW fights to come in 2014...

Well the winner of that fight is suppose to fight Werdum in elimination fight for the title shot.


Yea if you not gonna take Brown quick with low takedown he is gonna twist his long body and unload those elbows.
Damn, it's not good that Josh lost ...

dbreiden83080
12-28-2013, 11:23 PM
UFC is really milking the time tonight..

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 11:26 PM
All main card fights ended in 1st round

Ronda fight gonna be quick as well, we might assume - so there is plenty of time on a ppv

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Meisha - :lol with the song selection

polandprzem
12-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Yamasaki is reffing so Herb for the main event - his only second fight this night

ace3g
12-28-2013, 11:53 PM
When a WMMA fighter learns a good push kick/front kick watch out

haven't really seen any in UFC to keep their distance. Most WMMA fighters are good with their hands. To beat Ronda you need to attack from the outside, use kicks.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-28-2013, 11:55 PM
if i wanted to watch womens mma, i should just turn UFC 1 on and watch royce gracie. its amazing how noone can stop that damn armbar... tate said before the fight she wasn't training for the arm bar... lmao why not? cat said the same thing. cyborg would destroy this girl.. no doubts

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:03 AM
MOMENT OF TRUTH!!!!

Brunodf
12-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Silva looks small

benefactor
12-29-2013, 12:09 AM
War Weidman!

txstr1986
12-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Time for All American to do his thing.

benefactor
12-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Silva looks dialed in

james evans
12-29-2013, 12:14 AM
i'm so mad at meisha tate that i can't even hate rousey anymore. u abandon your game plan to show the world that you can take rousey down and then use up all of your energy. just stupid for no reason. stand with her, tire her out and take her deep. i dont' think tate threw one knee the whole fight. she's just not a good fighter. i was hoping she won, but she wasn't fighting to win, but fighting to survive.

Brunodf
12-29-2013, 12:22 AM
wtf?

ace3g
12-29-2013, 12:23 AM
wow JELLO leg

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 12:23 AM
haha

benefactor
12-29-2013, 12:23 AM
That......was nasty.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:24 AM
damn tough break from silva

benefactor
12-29-2013, 12:25 AM
His career is over.

Brunodf
12-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Weidman vs Silva - Silva may be the best fighter but i think Weidman will win by sub, the psychological advantage seems too big to Silva overcome( just like Nog vs Mir)

Rousey vs Tate

Barnett vs Browne - He deserves a title shot.

Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller

Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier
Not bad... 3-2

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:26 AM
His career is over.

truth...

still.. a great, great run... GOAT (maybe behind Fedor)...

still hate to see the fight end like that..

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Too strong Silva ... it's normal

RD2191
12-29-2013, 12:27 AM
that was bad

blkroadrunners
12-29-2013, 12:28 AM
:wow

Thebesteva
12-29-2013, 12:29 AM
UFC lost GSP and Silva in 2013.....UFC is fucked

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 12:30 AM
No interview with Anderson?
Why they were not showing him?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:31 AM
UFC lost GSP and Silva in 2013.....UFC is fucked

lol... go back to boxing.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:31 AM
No interview with Anderson?
Why they were not showing him?

maybe because his leg is broken in half...

RD2191
12-29-2013, 12:31 AM
No interview with Anderson?
Why they were not showing him?
umm, im not sure he could even stand. did u just not see his leg snap like a twix?

RD2191
12-29-2013, 12:32 AM
maybe because his leg is broken in half...
:loltbh

txstr1986
12-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Chris Weidman v. Anderson Silva - It's a toss-up, but I picked Weidman last time around and see no reason why he can't win this time too.

Ronda Rousey v. Miesha Tate - As much as I dislike Ronda, nobody has ever survived that first round armbar...

Josh Barnett v. Travis Browne - Barnet is old and just a few years from retirement, so for the sake of the HW division I hope that Browne pulls this off

Jim Miller v. Fabricio Camoes - Miller might not be the most talented fighter, but he does have an insane motor

Dustin Poirier v. Diego Brandao - There will be fireworks, but Poirier will get the best of it.

5-0 - Good end to my championship year :lobt2:

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Funny thing was, that Weidmans camp predicted he /silva/ could hurt his leg when going fully committed. But to this extend ? Wow.

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 12:33 AM
I can see some noobies here

SupremeGuy
12-29-2013, 12:33 AM
I feel bad for Silva, but it annoys me that his fans ever considered him GOAT over Fedor. That being said, Weidman personally ended his career. Haven't seen something like this in a while.

Team America FTW! :toast

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 12:34 AM
5-0 - Good end to my championship year :lobt2:


Lucky















:p




























:fight

crc21209
12-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Wheres the video? Someones gotta have it...

txstr1986
12-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Hopefully Weidman can now end Vitor's career - I'm tired of that roided up POS.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Hopefully Weidman can now end Vitor's career - I'm tired of that roided up POS.

Vitor by annihilation

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:36 AM
WOW

Craziest ending ever to a fight of that magnitude.

Weidman is the real champ and that's a fact.. Silva really didn't have anything for him so all props to Chris..

ace3g
12-29-2013, 12:37 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fwmi1mLjZW4/Ur-yN3P4U4I/AAAAAAAA_Rc/sVtJRvpIYJg/s1600/6.gif

txstr1986
12-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Lucky















:p




























:fight

It was close all year. Let's have some kind of bet in 2014.

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Vitor by annihilation

Vitor has a history of being broke by wrestlers.. I am taking Weidman..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:38 AM
WOW

Craziest ending ever to a fight of that magnitude.

Weidman is the real champ and that's a fact.. Silva really didn't have anything for him so all props to Chris..

little bit premature to say that don't ya think? anderson wasn't doing bad until that point.. and imo was winning the second. he busted up weidman and landed some nice knees...

regardless i have vitor winning the rematch

Thebesteva
12-29-2013, 12:38 AM
lol... go back to boxing.

Go back to the fish store

RD2191
12-29-2013, 12:38 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fwmi1mLjZW4/Ur-yN3P4U4I/AAAAAAAA_Rc/sVtJRvpIYJg/s1600/6.gif
gaw damn, even worse than live:lol

txstr1986
12-29-2013, 12:38 AM
WOW

Craziest ending ever to a fight of that magnitude.

Weidman is the real champ and that's a fact.. Silva really didn't have anything for him so all props to Chris..

Exactly, some people will say that it was a lucky break (no pun intended) for Weidman, but he completely dominated that first round.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Vitor has a history of being broke by wrestlers.. I am taking Weidman..

This is ViTrTor

Thebesteva
12-29-2013, 12:39 AM
little bit premature to say that don't ya think? anderson wasn't doing bad until that point.. and imo was winning the second. he busted up weidman and landed some nice knees...

regardless i have vitor winning the rematch

Right...name me a big UFC fight of that magnitude with a more shocking and disappointing ending ever? The closest I can think of is Cro Cop V Gonzaga, and even that is a highlight reel KO. This was very sad...as sad as that one guy that used the fish store joke. Most people dont know shit about boxing

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:39 AM
i'm so mad at meisha tate that i can't even hate rousey anymore. u abandon your game plan to show the world that you can take rousey down and then use up all of your energy. just stupid for no reason. stand with her, tire her out and take her deep. i dont' think tate threw one knee the whole fight. she's just not a good fighter. i was hoping she won, but she wasn't fighting to win, but fighting to survive.

Ronda really impressed me tonight. Miesha got her into deeper water but it didn't matter. Even when you get Ronda down she is so strong and her grappling is so good she is in control from the bottom. Miesha had top control and never did a thing. Ronda carried over her cardio and grappling strength into rounds 2 and 3. She is going to so hard to beat..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Right...name me a big UFC fight of that magnitude with a more shocking and disappointing ending ever? The closest I can think of is Cro Cop V Gonzaga, and even that is a highlight reel KO. This was very sad...as sad as that one guy that used the fish store joke. Most people dont know shit about boxing

Couture/Sylvia
Evans/Liddell
Franklin/Liddell
Hughes/GSP II
Edgar/Penn II

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:40 AM
This is ViTrTor

Fighting outside of Brazil probably. Tougher testing..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Ronda really impressed me tonight. Miesha got her into deeper water but it didn't matter. Even when you get Ronda down she is so strong and her grappling is so good she is in control from the bottom. Miesha had top control and never did a thing. Ronda carried over her cardio and grappling strength into rounds 2 and 3. She is going to so hard to beat..

cyborg would destroy her tbh

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Right...name me a big UFC fight of that magnitude with a more shocking and disappointing ending ever? The closest I can think of is Cro Cop V Gonzaga, and even that is a highlight reel KO. This was very sad...as sad as that one guy that used the fish store joke. Most people dont know shit about boxing

It's sad but to me that is why MMA is better than boxing.. The unpredictable nature of the sport..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:41 AM
cyborg would destroy her tbh

Would be a great fight..

Thebesteva
12-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Couture/Sylvia
Evans/Liddell
Franklin/Liddell

Yes No lyfe, I'm aware that you have the ability to name 3 fights that were upsets. You see, I understand you're 16 years old, but upsets are a part of combat sports. The poster above was stating no fight of this magnitude ever ended in a shocking fashion. He was right, you were wrong per par.

Thebesteva
12-29-2013, 12:43 AM
It's sad but to me that is why MMA is better than boxing.. The unpredictable nature of the sport..

Im a huge fan of Boxing and MMA, love them both. Watched both since I was a kid, Tyson\Bowe\Holyfield etc and on another hand Gracie\Severn\Frye. Good ol days

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Weidman is all class and I am a fan now.. He is a great rep for the sport..

RD2191
12-29-2013, 12:43 AM
cyborg would destroy her tbh
cyborg had a penis once in her life, and thats a fact

ace3g
12-29-2013, 12:44 AM
http://d1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/6361e094-0407-3d95-8be9-2d534c2c1327

http://d2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/ebf0ca03-5622-3448-ab82-a73bed32a944

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Yes No lyfe, I'm aware that you have the ability to name 3 fights that were upsets. You see, I understand you're 16 years old, but upsets are a part of combat sports. The poster above was stating no fight of this magnitude ever ended in a shocking fashion. He was right, you were wrong per par.

Bro, I've been watching the UFC and MMA since the original Shamrock/Ortiz fight.. Don't try to talk to me about knowing the sport. Guarantee I know way more than you do.

What exactly was I wrong about? I couldn't understand your incoherent, uneducated response. You asked a question, I answered. Anderson was not doing bad in the fight. So to say he had nothing for Weidman is incorrect.

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Im a huge fan of Boxing and MMA, love them both. Watched both since I was a kid, Tyson\Bowe\Holyfield etc and on another hand Gracie\Severn\Frye. Good ol days

I was a boxing fan first and still watch but the HW division being so bad turned me off the sport and on to MMA years ago..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Bro, I've been watching the UFC and MMA since the original Shamrock/Ortiz fight.. Don't try to talk to me about knowing the sport. Guarantee I know way more than you do.

What exactly was I wrong about? I couldn't understand your incoherent, uneducated response. You asked a question, I answered. Anderson was not doing bad in the fight. So to say he had nothing for Weidman is incorrect.

What did he have for Weidman? He got taken down and rocked in round 1 and then came round 2.. Weidman is legit..

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Well Anderson has no heart. he could bounce that off and fight!




Fuck Ronda. It takes Olympic medalist to have that huge advantage in one category and win womens title.
Cyborg with her striking could f her up

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Bro, I've been watching the UFC and MMA since the original Shamrock/Ortiz fight..

UFC 40... Old School..

Thebesteva
12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
I was a boxing fan first and still watch but the HW division being so bad turned me off the sport and on to MMA years ago..

I was the same way. I just fell back into boxing as well when I watched the welterweights-super middleweights. HW division died a long time ago.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
What did he have for Weidman? He got taken down and rocked in round 1 and then came round 2.. Weidman is legit..

His Muy-Thai impressed me and his guard was good. He even landed some good shots and bloodied up Weidman. In the second, he was landing the better strikes until the injury. Not saying he would have won... but a disappointing end.

To say he had nothing for him would be implying something equivalent to Rousey/Tate.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:48 AM
UFC 40... Old School..

Yeah man. Watched MMA become mainstream. It's crazy to think back in the day, and how Hughes and Liddell were basically that of GSP and Anderson.

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:49 AM
His Muy-Thai impressed me and his guard was good. He even landed some good shots and bloodied up Weidman. In the second, he was landing the better strikes until the injury. Not saying he would have won... but a disappointing end.

To say he had nothing for him would be implying something equivalent to Rousey/Tate.

Weidman was completely calm out there and in command. He is basically a bigger and better version of Sonnen. He has power and is younger. Plus unlike Chael Weidman seems to step up and not choke in big fights..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Weidman was completely calm out there and in command. He is basically a bigger and better version of Sonnen. He has power and is younger. Plus unlike Chael Weidman seems to step up and not choke in big fights..

I'm not sold on Weidman. I don't think he can beat Vitor, and I really don't think he can beat Mousasi or Machida (especially Machida)

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Yeah man. Watched MMA become mainstream. It's crazy to think back in the day, and how Hughes and Liddell were basically that of GSP and Anderson.

I was a diehard Tito Ortiz fan.. Liddell knocking him out twice broke my heart..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm not sold on Weidman. I don't think he can beat Vitor, and I really don't think he can beat Mousasi or Machida (especially Machida)

We'll see he has lots of tough fights ahead.. The MW division is very packed right now..

james evans
12-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Ronda really impressed me tonight. Miesha got her into deeper water but it didn't matter. Even when you get Ronda down she is so strong and her grappling is so good she is in control from the bottom. Miesha had top control and never did a thing. Ronda carried over her cardio and grappling strength into rounds 2 and 3. She is going to so hard to beat..
well tate's cardio has never been stellar, but tonight it was outright horrible. what has she been doing for the past 4 months? trying to look cute and convince the world that she's the "good one"? it's like she gave up after round 2 just to have the moral victory of making it out of round 1. and rousey is too big for anyone at 135. she probably walks around at 160. dries out like crazy and cuts to 135. she's like gerald mcclellan. she will beat cat zingano easily cuz zingano was struggling with tate in grappling. she'll submit her in under 2 minutes. i dont even want to see that fight. it's a waste of time.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:52 AM
I was a diehard Tito Ortiz fan.. Liddell knocking him out twice broke my heart..

The second fight was crazy.. watched it live with my dad. Nobody could take down Chuck back in the day.. when Tito did I got hype. That fight was such a good fight...

You should check out Hughes/Penn II.

ace3g
12-29-2013, 12:52 AM
http://d2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/8782b771-2a74-3a73-9dd7-e09877e0bb63

james evans
12-29-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm not sold on Weidman. I don't think he can beat Vitor, and I really don't think he can beat Mousasi or Machida (especially Machida)
weidman has the power going for him and decent skills on the ground, but i like the kid. i dont think he'll be champ for a long time, but i'll cheer for him. he's a nice humble kid that leaves it all in the ring. i can dig it..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:54 AM
The second fight was crazy.. watched it live with my dad. Nobody could take down Chuck back in the day.. when Tito did I got hype. That fight was such a good fight...

You should check out Hughes/Penn II.

Saw Hughes/Penn 2 on PPV.. BJ had him locked in that triangle almost ending the fight but Hughes gutted it out and beat up a gassed out BJ.. Classic fight..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Saw Hughes/Penn 2 on PPV.. BJ had him locked in that triangle almost ending the fight but Hughes gutted it out and beat up a gassed out BJ.. Classic fight..

I think we just became best friends

james evans
12-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Well Anderson has no heart. he could bounce that off and fight!




Fuck Ronda. It takes Olympic medalist to have that huge advantage in one category and win womens title.
Cyborg with her striking could f her up
i don't think rousey is that good, she's just so much bigger than her opponents. as i said earlier, i am willing to bet anything she's like gina carano when not in training. i can almost guarantee u that she walks around in the 160s. same day weigh ins like TUF show would eliminate a lot of this crap. gerald mcclellan was notorious for this in boxing. dude walking around in the 200s and fighting at mw. on fight day he's knocking guys silly as if they were kids. it's just an unfair advantage that will eventually catch up with her

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:56 AM
I think we just became best friends


:lol

I've seen all the classics.. MMA history is richer than some people think..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 12:57 AM
:lol

I've seen all the classics.. MMA history is richer than some people think..

Do you ever post over at MMAJunkie? I got banned from there a while back.. had like 7k posts

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:58 AM
i don't think rousey is that good, she's just so much bigger than her opponents. as i said earlier, i am willing to bet anything she's like gina carano when not in training. i can almost guarantee u that she walks around in the 160s. same day weigh ins like TUF show would eliminate a lot of this crap. gerald mcclellan was notorious for this in boxing. dude walking around in the 200s and fighting at mw. on fight day he's knocking guys silly as if they were kids. it's just an unfair advantage that will eventually catch up with her

Ronda's striking still looks BAD but tonight will only make her better.. She was pushed passed the first and had no issues whatsoever. I think she looked great TBH..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:58 AM
Do you ever post over at MMAJunkie? I got banned from there a while back.. had like 7k posts

No just here and some at Sherdog..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:00 AM
Chris Weidman beats Anderson Silva to retain UFC middleweight title

http://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/chris-weidman-beats-anderson-silva-to-retain-ufc-middleweight-title-1.6687311

ace3g
12-29-2013, 01:05 AM
http://d4.yimg.com/sr/img/1/335711ac-2b0c-3d8f-961b-e4defe1ced62

http://d1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/f48f806b-d382-34c1-93ba-b389fb4fc490

http://d3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/705c8e74-1983-3e59-bb03-88e7d1b1f1a8

http://d2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/83059e54-bdc8-37de-80e8-c6b4e51a96cc

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Sad end to Silva's career.. Maybe he comes back in a year or so and they give him an easy fight to go out on top but I think we have seen the last of him..

First GSP then Anderson..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 01:06 AM
417165221015212032

Thebesteva
12-29-2013, 01:06 AM
I was a diehard Tito Ortiz fan.. Liddell knocking him out twice broke my heart..

LMAO I was a huge Ortiz fan as well. But back then, in 2002, youtube and twitter and all that stuff wasnt around. Now that I got to see his personality more, I really dont like the guy at all. Makes too many excuses, ie 'I cracked my skull!'

I know everyone says Griffin V Bonnar put UFC on the map but to me it was the rivalry between Ortiz V Liddell V Couture.

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:07 AM
No more pics please guys.. They are just disturbing...

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:08 AM
417165221015212032

Give the dude some morphine already...

SupremeGuy
12-29-2013, 01:09 AM
Saw Hughes/Penn 2 on PPV.. BJ had him locked in that triangle almost ending the fight but Hughes gutted it out and beat up a gassed out BJ.. Classic fight..I can't explain how annoyed and pissed I was at that fight. I was betting more back then and knew Penn would win. Motherfuckingasshole had it and then proceeded to fuck me in the ass by gassing and letting faggot ass Hughes' elbow him in north south position to death.

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:09 AM
LMAO I was a huge Ortiz fan as well. But back then, in 2002, youtube and twitter and all that stuff wasnt around. Now that I got to see his personality more, I really dont like the guy at all. Makes too many excuses, ie 'I cracked my skull!'

I know everyone says Griffin V Bonnar put UFC on the map but to me it was the rivalry between Ortiz V Liddell V Couture.

Tito carried the UFC in the dark days and was along with Chuck the first legit superstar of MMA in the UFC.. I am always going to be a fan of his..

SupremeGuy
12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
417165221015212032Damn. Fedor wouldn't yell. lol jk Silva homers, fucking sucks. Hope he has a quick recovery.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Tito carried the UFC in the dark days and was along with Chuck the first legit superstar of MMA in the UFC.. I am always going to be a fan of his..

Agreed. I was so hype when he submitted Bader and did the old Gravedigger

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
I can't explain how annoyed and pissed I was at that fight. I was betting more back then and knew Penn would win. Motherfuckingasshole had it and then proceeded to fuck me in the ass by gassing and letting faggot ass Hughes' elbow him in north south position to death.

Story of BJ's career.. Amazing talent bad work ethic..

RD2191
12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
keep the pics comin ace:lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3901342/titoortiz-grave-digger-o.gif


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ippPo-ku9Qw

ace3g
12-29-2013, 01:13 AM
http://d1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/9d99278d-5f5a-387b-8157-a267db6ffa81

http://d1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/b563b8ce-7081-3f87-af39-b2b4debe2251

http://d3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/c7b2fdc3-2a99-3dbc-a75e-01bc67caec29

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:15 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3901342/titoortiz-grave-digger-o.gif


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ippPo-ku9Qw

Classic Tito.. He had a great fight with Vitor that I loved..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:16 AM
http://d1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/9d99278d-5f5a-387b-8157-a267db6ffa81

http://d1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/b563b8ce-7081-3f87-af39-b2b4debe2251

http://d3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/c7b2fdc3-2a99-3dbc-a75e-01bc67caec29

Weidman is great for the UFC.. Very clean cut image and he is all class.. I am happy for him.. He is the champ and the man that ended the legends career..

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 01:19 AM
It's bit strange that he feels so much pain, Silva does. Adrenaline should be able to do some painkilling job.

Anyway amazing. Chris Weidman is invincible. You can break a leg on the man and he still can walk like nothing happened!

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 01:21 AM
It was close all year. Let's have some kind of bet in 2014.

Well I'm not good at predictions. This past year was a fluke tbh.
But why not we will figure something out.

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Hey do you thing Andersons excuse will be that he had broken leg? Just like he was saying he had broken rib in a 1st Sonnen fight?

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Long and painful road ahead for Silva. He'll need surgery and almost has to learn to use that leg again..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Hey do you thing Andersons excuse will be that he had broken leg? Just like he was saying he had broken rib in a 1st Sonnen fight?

I think he retires or has one more fight way down the road. Nobody comes back from that at 38 and gets back to where they were..

Not even him..

resistanze
12-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Watched this shit @ a bar with some buddies.

GOD DAMN.

All I have to say.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2013, 01:29 AM
Classic Tito.. He had a great fight with Vitor that I loved..

Crazy back and forth fight... Disappointed Vitor wasn't more aggressive.. Did you catch his fight with Frank Shamrock?

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:29 AM
Watched this shit @ a bar with some buddies.

GOD DAMN.

All I have to say.

My friend that came over to watch the PPV with me was fucking grossed out big time..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Crazy back and forth fight... Disappointed Vitor wasn't more aggressive.. Did you catch his fight with Frank Shamrock?

Yeah that was really young Tito and he lost due to cardio.. He fixed his cardio and was dominant for a while after that... He would have ripped frank a new one in the rematch..

ace3g
12-29-2013, 01:31 AM
A bit of over exaggeration but if I'm in MMA, I'm only using push/front kicks and that side kick technique bones uses to the knee/thigh area from now on.

resistanze
12-29-2013, 01:32 AM
My friend that came over to watch the PPV with me was fucking grossed out big time..

The sound of the groans throughout the bar during the instant replay...just wow. Was not expecting that at all. We were half-joking that Silva was past his time and he's looking brittle right before the leg break. Just wow...

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:37 AM
A bit of over exaggeration but if I'm in MMA, I'm only using push/front kicks and that side kick technique bones uses to the knee/thigh area from now on.

Aim high at the thigh make it hard for them to check the kick right on the shin bone.. It's a devastating injury when they check it perfectly..

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 01:40 AM
The new generation is taking over in the UFC as the old guard is leaving.. Kind of sad but exciting too..

ace3g
12-29-2013, 01:54 AM
Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter
(https://twitter.com/jeremybotter)Rousey vs. McMann headlines UFC in February.

ace3g
12-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani (https://twitter.com/arielhelwani)


RT @SaintMMA (https://twitter.com/SaintMMA/): ICYMI, Dana told @arielhelwani (https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/) that Silva cracked the shin on first kick, broke it on second, according to his corner.

CubanSucks
12-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Silva should've drank his milk.


No more pics please guys.. They are just disturbing...

gtfo

benefactor
12-29-2013, 07:58 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1468510_304558676361136_2036996637_n.jpg

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani (https://twitter.com/arielhelwani)


RT @SaintMMA (https://twitter.com/SaintMMA/): ICYMI, Dana told @arielhelwani (https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/) that Silva cracked the shin on first kick, broke it on second, according to his corner.


Very smart move then

elemento
12-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Pretty disappointing how the fight ended, but I think CW would win anyways. Silva's reign is over !

Couldn't care less about him. Biggest douchebag in brazilian's MMA history.

I think Vitor has a very good chance to get this belt if he has a chance though !

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Silva should've drank his milk.



gtfo

You can post whatever the hell you want but how many different angles do we need to see a man's leg mangled?

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 12:14 PM
and rousey is too big for anyone at 135. she probably walks around at 160. dries out like crazy and cuts to 135. she's like gerald mcclellan. she will beat cat zingano easily cuz zingano was struggling with tate in grappling. she'll submit her in under 2 minutes. i dont even want to see that fight. it's a waste of time.

Meh she is not really bigger than her opponents. Liz was too small but Tate is her size as is Cat and Sara Mcmann her next foe is too.. It's not like Ronda is 5'10 fighting all these 5'3 girls.. All these 135ers are thick and well muscled..

oh crap
12-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Didn't see this one live, but DAMMMN! That's the end for Silva, he had a hell of a run.

james evans
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Meh she is not really bigger than her opponents. Liz was too small but Tate is her size as is Cat and Sara Mcmann her next foe is too.. It's not like Ronda is 5'10 fighting all these 5'3 girls.. All these 135ers are thick and well muscled..
haha, man she once fought at 145. haha. what do u mean she's not too big. i'm not talking about height. i'm talking in body mass. she's drying out to the max. just like gina carano. have u ever seen carano when she's not in training? she looked as if she was borderline 175 pounds. cuts weight to the max and by the time she gets in the ring, who knows how much she weighs. it's not illegal or anything, but unlike boxing, ufc doesn't post what fighters are weighing on the night of the fight. i used to do it to in my amatuer boxing days, but we didn't get a full day to rehydrate. they'd weigh us in during the morning and i'd have some hours to eat and drink a lot before it was my turn the fight and i could easily put on 6 or 7 pounds while fighting out of my natural weight class. just like adrien broner. he was cutting all of that weight beating up on lightweights, but when he fights someone his size, he was looking average. rousey is the best in the world right now. nobody at 135 is gonna beat her. simple as that, but i'd like to see what she can do with someone her own size.

dbreiden83080
12-29-2013, 08:09 PM
haha, man she once fought at 145. haha. what do u mean she's not too big. i'm not talking about height. i'm talking in body mass. she's drying out to the max. just like gina carano. have u ever seen carano when she's not in training? she looked as if she was borderline 175 pounds. cuts weight to the max and by the time she gets in the ring, who knows how much she weighs. it's not illegal or anything, but unlike boxing, ufc doesn't post what fighters are weighing on the night of the fight. i used to do it to in my amatuer boxing days, but we didn't get a full day to rehydrate. they'd weigh us in during the morning and i'd have some hours to eat and drink a lot before it was my turn the fight and i could easily put on 6 or 7 pounds while fighting out of my natural weight class. just like adrien broner. he was cutting all of that weight beating up on lightweights, but when he fights someone his size, he was looking average. rousey is the best in the world right now. nobody at 135 is gonna beat her. simple as that, but i'd like to see what she can do with someone her own size.

I know what you are talking about did you ready my reply? I said all the girls are thick and well muscled in this weight class have you seen Sara Mcmann she is 5'5 and built like a little linebacker you don't think she is cutting serious weight for 135?


http://www.scifighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/sara_mcmann.jpg

Weight cutting is an extreme part of MMA today now more than ever BUT as long as you make the weight that is your weight class. People say the same shit about Jones being too big for LHW but he has never missed weight or as far as I know even had trouble making the weight. On average the men are putting on 15-20 pounds once they rehydrate back up Ronda is probably doing about the same as are most of her peers.. It's just the way the game is played today..

james evans
12-29-2013, 08:45 PM
unfortunately yes. and the amazing thing about mayweather(and i'm not a delusional fan. no way), he shows up fight night barely at the limit. that stuff is never healthy though. it will catch up with them eventually. but no, i don't feel mcmann has the skill level to compete anyway. she loses regardless.

polandprzem
12-29-2013, 08:54 PM
unfortunately yes. and the amazing thing about mayweather(and i'm not a delusional fan. no way), he shows up fight night barely at the limit. that stuff is never healthy though. it will catch up with them eventually. but no, i don't feel mcmann has the skill level to compete anyway. she loses regardless.

wtf are you talking about?
You talking about weight cutting like it's something new in the sport and only few doing it to get an advantage :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
12-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Some of the extreme weight cutters I do think are bad for the sport. I don't think someone who weighs 190 without much body fat should be trying to make 155 but there is nothing in the rules that says they can't try. And once you get past a certain point you are hindering your performance anyway..

007nites
12-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Some of the extreme weight cutters I do think are bad for the sport. I don't think someone who weighs 190 without much body fat should be trying to make 155 but there is nothing in the rules that says they can't try. And once you get past a certain point you are hindering your performance anyway..

Joe "Diesel" Riggs use to cut from 215 to 170.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm not sold on Weidman. I don't think he can beat Vitor, and I really don't think he can beat Mousasi or Machida (especially Machida)

Weidman is going to absolutely smash Belfort. I see a 4-1 UD or KO around the late third round.

You're telling me this guy can handle Silva's speed and variety of strikes but will have problems with Vitor? Come on now, that dog don't hunt. Weidman is a complete package. It's not like he's only had two UFC fights. This guy absolutely dominated Munoz, and has taken both rounds that weren't knockouts from Silva. A UD over maia is also nothing to dismiss out of hand.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2013, 04:57 PM
A bit of over exaggeration but if I'm in MMA, I'm only using push/front kicks and that side kick technique bones uses to the knee/thigh area from now on.

That's silly. Silva was basically throwing haymakers with his feet. Even as fast as he is it takes time to throw the foot out there. Weidman timed it and countered the blow just like you would a roundhouse punch. Silva was cocky and thought he could get the kick off without setting it up with punches or with Weidman coming forward. Weidman was sitting on that kick because he knows it's Silva's go to for early damage.

If Silva properly mixed his stand up game with kicks and punches to keep Weidman honest, that kick lands flush or at least doesn't snap his leg. But his own corner confirmed he got caught the first time and did it again. Silva is used to being able to simply over match with speed and he couldn't conceive of a fighter being ready for his offensive game. Dumb kick and he paid the price.

polandprzem
12-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Joe "Diesel" Riggs use to cut from 215 to 170.

You can make a case of Anthony Johnson cutting similar amount of weight and Hendricks is coming down from 210

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Weidman is going to absolutely smash Belfort. I see a 4-1 UD or KO around the late third round.

You're telling me this guy can handle Silva's speed and variety of strikes but will have problems with Vitor? Come on now, that dog don't hunt. Weidman is a complete package. It's not like he's only had two UFC fights. This guy absolutely dominated Munoz, and has taken both rounds that weren't knockouts from Silva. A UD over maia is also nothing to dismiss out of hand.

Silva is on the decline and doesn't have his heart in it like he used to.

Belfort, on the other hand, is looking the best he has in years, and has TRT as his back-up. I'm thinking Belfort TKO's him before Weidman gets him down. I think Belfort is right up there in speed with Anderson.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Silva is on the decline and doesn't have his heart in it like he used to.

Hindsight is so conveniently 20/20. He was the favorite in Vegas prior for the fight. And he certainly didn't look slow, Weidman just has exceptional timing.


Belfort, on the other hand, is looking the best he has in years, and has TRT as his back-up. I'm thinking Belfort TKO's him before Weidman gets him down. I think Belfort is right up there in speed with Anderson.

Youth > TRT. Weidman isn't a slouch standing up by any means. Did you see his counter elbow against Munoz? That was incredibly nasty, and it landed so fast that the ref didn't even see how badly Mark was hurt or the fight would have been ended a lot sooner.

Also, if Belfort is "only" as fast as Silva, that just means he's going to get countered readily by Weidman. Then you'll say, "Well, Belfort is 36 and out of his prime." :P

dbreiden83080
12-30-2013, 07:48 PM
You can make a case of Anthony Johnson cutting similar amount of weight and Hendricks is coming down from 210

Hendricks pigs out when not in camp though. He is short if his diet was in check he should be coming down from the low 190's..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Hindsight is so conveniently 20/20. He was the favorite in Vegas prior for the fight. And he certainly didn't look slow, Weidman just has exceptional timing.

Anderson's peak was about two, maybe three years ago. Weidman didn't look overly impressive. He did good in the first, but if it weren't for that check (yes, hypotheticals), I think it would have been interesting. It looked as if Anderson was getting the better of the stand-up.




Youth > TRT. Weidman isn't a slouch standing up by any means. Did you see his counter elbow against Munoz? That was incredibly nasty, and it landed so fast that the ref didn't even see how badly Mark was hurt or the fight would have been ended a lot sooner.

That was Munoz. Munoz was overrated from his fight before. He has never been a top fighter, and I'd struggle to say he's above average.


Also, if Belfort is "only" as fast as Silva, that just means he's going to get countered readily by Weidman. Then you'll say, "Well, Belfort is 36 and out of his prime." :P

Belfort peaked in the Bisping fight, after he fought Anderson. He looked great in his last couple. Rockhold, "Hendo" are no jokes.

Weidman could take him down.. "Rumble" did.. but I haven't seen Vitor this dedicated and motivated in a long time.. it's something he's lacked since he was labeled "The Phenom" way back in the day.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Belfort peaked in the Bisping fight, after he fought Anderson. He looked great in his last couple. Rockhold, "Hendo" are no jokes.

Just to be clear here... you're saying Silva is obviously past his prime and thus the win shouldn't be considered impressive, but Belfort's win over Hendo is legit? I didn't know a guy that lost two in a row beforehand with his last win coming two years prior was considered a prime fighter at 43 years of age, vs a Champion with 12 defenses in a row and mostly unscathed to boot.


Anderson's peak was about two, maybe three years ago. Weidman didn't look overly impressive. He did good in the first, but if it weren't for that check (yes, hypotheticals), I think it would have been interesting. It looked as if Anderson was getting the better of the stand-up.

What are you talking about? The reason Weidman won round #1 was because he smashed Silva with a huge right. The fight almost ended then and there. If you think Silva was going to be the same afterward, well, I don't understand how you can say he's out of his prime but could get clocked like that and recover to have any kind of edge going forward. Silva was in trouble in the first fight before he got decked, too.

polandprzem
12-31-2013, 03:32 AM
Weidman was the first guy that was not intimidated with Silva stand up and clowning.
Seriously - Chael Sonnen had some success standing up and clipped Silva as well, Demian Maia had some as well in the 4th and 5th round.
Chris had a great gameplan and he has the reach to keep needed distance. In the 2nd fight it looked like Silvas chance was that brutal leg kicks and he just desperately wanted to land them and thought he can do it with impunity.
Chris had that in check and Silva could not surprise him with anything.

Anderson lost 1st round 10-8 in my card - Weidman could do more then Sonnen on the ground just because he is stronger and has better JJ but both guys could take Silva down and hold him there. Chael though was unable to take him down later in the fight cause he had no set ups standing up and that frustrated him.
Weidman can stand with anybody but it would be not smart to stand and bang with Vitor :) who is vicious as hell his last few fights.

polandprzem
12-31-2013, 10:59 AM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/30/5254898/ufc-168-anderson-silva-chris-weidman-dirty-defense-kick-check-break-shin-knee-spike-mma-technique

01Snake
12-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Silva will comeback for one more fight......SILVA VS GSB. Way too much money out there to be made on this fight. You'll see one more fight from both of these guys for a massive payday. I'm calling it now.

polandprzem
01-01-2014, 06:27 AM
Silva will comeback for one more fight......SILVA VS GSB. Way too much money out there to be made on this fight. You'll see one more fight from both of these guys for a massive payday. I'm calling it now.

No way, this fight already lost it's hype



That year was a good year to me as a fan.
Pettis became champion
Cain remained dominant and put JDS away
Silva lost - twice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GSP still winning
And overall many superb fight

I wished maybe that Jones, Aldo, Barrao lost but you can't have everything

Thebesteva
01-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Is normal

The TroutBum
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
I've always been a big Silva fan. I understand why people werent/arent, but I'm pulling for him. With that said, I think we've seen the last of Anderson as a champion. If he loses this fight, I suspect we will have seen the last of him in the octagon.

Preach on, brother.


Hopefully Weidman can now end Vitor's career - I'm tired of that roided up POS.

Holy shit, this.


little bit premature to say that don't ya think? anderson wasn't doing bad until that point.. and imo was winning the second. he busted up weidman and landed some nice knees...

regardless i have vitor winning the rematch

Are you fucking stupid? Had it not been Anderson Silva getting his ass kicked, Herb would have stopped that fight in the first round. Weidman essentially had the flash knockout and added several more for good measure. If getting completely dominated and almost getting knocked out is "not doing bad until that point"... then I don't know what to tell you.


Couture/Sylvia
Evans/Liddell
Franklin/Liddell
Hughes/GSP II
Edgar/Penn II

BWAHAHAHA, who the fuck is this guy? Go back to the Laker's forum, ass wipe.


Silva is on the decline and doesn't have his heart in it like he used to.

Belfort, on the other hand, is looking the best he has in years, and has TRT as his back-up. I'm thinking Belfort TKO's him before Weidman gets him down. I think Belfort is right up there in speed with Anderson.

At this point, it's not worth responding, but I seriously do want you to consider getting a chromosome audit.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Preach on, brother.



Holy shit, this.



Are you fucking stupid? Had it not been Anderson Silva getting his ass kicked, Herb would have stopped that fight in the first round. Weidman essentially had the flash knockout and added several more for good measure. If getting completely dominated and almost getting knocked out is "not doing bad until that point"... then I don't know what to tell you.



BWAHAHAHA, who the fuck is this guy? Go back to the Laker's forum, ass wipe.



At this point, it's not worth responding, but I seriously do want you to consider getting a chromosome audit.

this dude right here is a fuckin tool ^ he literally just talked shit this entire post, without refuting anything.

he mad b/c i actually know something about MMA... and anderson was not out in the first round. that's why the fight wasn't stopped. it's called being rocked

txstr1986
01-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Trout with the truth bombs :toast

The TroutBum
01-05-2014, 12:59 AM
this dude right here is a fuckin tool ^ he literally just talked shit this entire post, without refuting anything.

he mad b/c i actually know something about MMA... and anderson was not out in the first round. that's why the fight wasn't stopped. it's called being rocked

There's no dispute that I'm a tool, and it's not shit talking if the fool it's being said to actually is the fucking moron that is being shat upon. You, sir, fit that bill.

As far as being "mad b/c" you "actually know something about MMA", sure, whatever you say boss. You have made it clear, in this very thread, that you couldn't fill a mouse's ass hole with everything you "know about MMA". Knowing, having an opinion, and being totally fucking wrong and/or stupid are light years apart; maybe take a deep breath and realize that you're pretty damn dumb.

Two words for you: Laker's Forum

dbreiden83080
01-05-2014, 07:27 PM
this dude right here is a fuckin tool ^ he literally just talked shit this entire post, without refuting anything.

he mad b/c i actually know something about MMA... and anderson was not out in the first round. that's why the fight wasn't stopped. it's called being rocked

Trout has his uh problems.. But he loves him some MMA..

The TroutBum
01-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Damn right. In fact, I've recently taken the award of "Best in Utah MMA" on my iphone "QuizUp" app. Catch me if you can, bitches.

polandprzem
01-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

Anderson Silva suffered a gruesome injury in his rematch with Chris Weidman at UFC 168, but he doesn’t consider his last fight a loss.

The former UFC middleweight champion broke his left leg when kicking Chris Weidman on Dec. 28 in Las Vegas, Nev., but is confident he will be able to fight again one day. And when he does, he won’t enter the Octagon feeling he’s coming off back-to-back losses to Weidman.

"I believe that, if you pay attention to these technical details, you will see that (checking the kick) was instinct, not something that he trained to do," Silva said during an interview to Globo.

"No, I don’t think (Weidman should consider it a win). It was an accident. And I’m pretty sure I would have won the fight."

During the interview, Silva rewatched the fight and said he made some technical mistakes before throwing the leg kick.

"I can see some technical mistakes I did in the fight," he said. "To land the perfect kick, I needed to distract him by punching him in the face so he wouldn’t pay attention to the kick. He was protecting the upper part of his body, and the raised leg instinctively. The kick was so strong he lost balance."

Silva wants to fight again, and he’s not worried if his next fight will be against Weidman.

"I saw my mistake, and now I’m only worried about my comeback," he said. "If the UFC thinks I deserve another opportunity (against Weidman) or if I need to earn it. I just want to do what I do, it doesn’t matter if it’s for the title or not. I want to do what I do well."

Right after he suffered the injury, "The Spider" wondered if he would ever walk again.

"The only thing I was thinking was ‘is it over? Will I walk again?’" he said "I was scared that I wouldn’t walk again. Many things were going through my head at that moment. I’m 38 now, and I will be 39 in April. That’s what I’m afraid of, but I’m confident that I will. I will be back.

"(You should stop fighting) when you feel you need to stop, when your body and head says that. I think I still have a lot of things to do. I don’t plan to stop now. I’m getting stronger every day, and I will be back soon."

The MMA legend is still in pain, and he revealed that sometimes he asks his wife to take him for a ride around Los Angeles so he can just sit and cry away from his kids. Pain is part of Silva’s routine now, and he can’t even sleep without it.

"When I landed the kick I heard a loud noise, the sound of a bone breaking, and the pain was huge. And since I left the hospital, I can’t sleep," he said. "It’s really hard. I think about it, and I wondered why. ‘Why, my God, I had to go through all this?’ I wonder which message He’s trying to teach me at this moment."

The pain will eventually go away one day, and Silva wants to return to the Octagon to end his career as he always planned to - with a win.



http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/12/5302580/anderson-silva-doesnt-think-he-lost-to-chris-weidman

benefactor
01-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Why, my God, I had to go through all this?
:lol

The TroutBum
01-15-2014, 06:14 AM
"When I landed the kick I heard a loud noise, the sound of a bone breaking, and the pain was huge. And since I left the hospital, I can’t sleep," he said. "It’s really hard. I think about it, and I wondered why. ‘Why, my God, I had to go through all this?’ I wonder which message He’s trying to teach me at this moment."

It's called humility, you fucking ass clown. And it's clear that...


"I believe that, if you pay attention to these technical details, you will see that (checking the kick) was instinct, not something that he trained to do," Silva said during an interview to Globo.

"No, I don’t think (Weidman should consider it a win). It was an accident. And I’m pretty sure I would have won the fight."

... it isn't sinking in just yet.

I am going to cheer and laugh when you break that same leg in your return fight. Seriously.