PDA

View Full Version : De Colo......

TimmyDuncan21
07-14-2013, 11:24 PM
The Spurs are LUCKY to have a 3rd or 4th string PG like De Colo...

:flag:

TimmyDuncan21
07-14-2013, 11:25 PM
I see now why Pop gave him no playing time in the playoffs

rudwick
07-14-2013, 11:27 PM
The summer league is making the case for a couple of things. Deshawn Thomas should be on the team, and Nando de Colo should not.

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-14-2013, 11:27 PM
He had a bad game, but he isn't that bad. Too many turnovers still.

TimmyDuncan21
07-14-2013, 11:29 PM
He had a bad game, but he isn't that bad. Too many turnovers still.

Hes average for a 3rd string PG I guess...

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Hes average for a 3rd string PG I guess...
He looked okay as the backup for Tony most of last season.

Texas_Ranger
07-14-2013, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't mind him if we didn't have 100 guards already.

BatManu20
07-14-2013, 11:34 PM
He's just had a bad couple games. Won't make a final assessment until the end of the summer league.

Chinook
07-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't mind him if we didn't have 100 guards already.

I wouldn't mind if I didn't think Pop was going to keep playing him or that he'd whine if Pop didn't.

spursince#99
07-14-2013, 11:35 PM
He is TERRIBLE

Dancelot
07-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Deshawn Thomas is looking like a damn good pick at #58. Hope he makes the team.

TimmyDuncan21
07-14-2013, 11:36 PM
He looked okay as the backup for Tony most of last season.

Hes still not very good, much much rather have Mills CJ and Neal behind Tony.

cjw
07-14-2013, 11:38 PM
On the bright side, we've been competitive against teams that are perpetually in the lottery (i.e., should have pretty stacked summer league teams). But we're playing 4 on 5 out there with Nando in the mix.

TimmyDuncan21
07-14-2013, 11:38 PM
He is TERRIBLE

:toast

siraulo23
07-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Has been beyond horrid so far in the sl games

BatManu20
07-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Baynes has been equally disappointing imo. He has shown no aggressiveness whatsoever on offense and is getting blown by in the post a lot.

TimmyDuncan21
07-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Baynes was Solid tonight IMO Solid on D for most the night

LakerHater
07-14-2013, 11:44 PM
... Will go the way of Beno!

cjw
07-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Baynes has been equally disappointing imo. He has shown no aggressiveness whatsoever on offense and is getting blown by in the post a lot.

He was going up against a guy who could have gone #2 or #3 overall in the Kyrie draft. Give him a break. He did just fine last year against Dwight :lol

Texas_Ranger
07-14-2013, 11:54 PM
... Will go the way of Beno!

If he gonna have a career like Beno it will be considered as a success.

LakerHater
07-14-2013, 11:57 PM
If he gonna have a career like Beno it will be considered as a success.
Yup, but jus like Beno, he wont have it here!

FireMicoHalili
07-15-2013, 12:29 AM
who wouldnt be disheartened if you were buried in the depth chart while looking like the odd man out

2centsworth
07-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Guy has no heart. Plays like a sissy

cjw
07-15-2013, 12:44 AM
who wouldnt be disheartened if you were buried in the depth chart while looking like the odd man out

In most lines of work (including the NFL), you're guaranteed about two weeks pay at any point in time especially if you're at the bottom of the rankings. NBA players couldn't care less given guaranteed contracts, though it's not nearly as bad as baseball.

FireMicoHalili
07-15-2013, 12:55 AM
In most lines of work (including the NFL), you're guaranteed about two weeks pay at any point in time especially if you're at the bottom of the rankings. NBA players couldn't care less given guaranteed contracts, though it's not nearly as bad as baseball.
Yeah man but he specifically complained about the lack of playing time, I don't thikn he's unmotivated just cause he's getting paid. He's just not responding well to the challenge

racm
07-15-2013, 01:29 AM
CoJo looks legit, though. I like how he rebounds - and ends up with a stat line closer to an SGs.

freetiago
07-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Joseph looks good vs Dleaguers like the Lakers but disappears vs NBA players
maybe one day he can develop into a legitimate backup like TJ Ford but with better defense
but it wont be while the Spurs are still contending

tesseractive
07-15-2013, 03:09 AM
maybe one day he can develop into a legitimate backup like TJ Ford but with better defense

He was a super-raw prospect who has come tremendously far in a short time. Seems premature to assume he won't be significantly better by next year's playoffs.

heyheymymy
07-15-2013, 03:16 AM
He was a super-raw prospect who has come tremendously far in a short time. Seems premature to assume he won't be significantly better by next year's playoffs.

exactly, i can't believe it's the same player. last season he started looking real solid, and i think he's still got room to grow. he's got pretty good court vision, shot selection, D, handles, and passing -- especially kick outs. with heavy mins this season, he could really start to gel.

racm
07-15-2013, 03:37 AM
Keep in mind that he was a one-and-done kid out of UT. His incoming season will have him the same age George Hill was in his rookie season.

DapDaGenius
07-15-2013, 04:18 AM
The summer league is making the case for a couple of things. Deshawn Thomas should be on the team, and Nando de Colo should not.

Agreed. I still wish we would have brought over Adam Hanga instead.

Boomersgold
07-15-2013, 04:33 AM

..And better offense. Ford couldn't score to save his life.

MeloHype
07-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Nando is willing to work hard. Play Nando..........

Nando = X-Factor 2013-2014...........

:lol

td4mvp2k
07-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Agreed. I still wish we would have brought over Adam Hanga instead. ya n spurs shooda traded ndc be4 SL!

weeks
07-15-2013, 05:40 AM
he just doesn't pass the eye test for me.

DapDaGenius
07-15-2013, 07:53 AM
ya n spurs shooda traded ndc be4 SL!

No one would take him.

-21-
07-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Never really liked him, and sitting next to Patty on the bench didn't help. I was hoping we could use him in a trade.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Nando De Nono. 1-9 3 point shooting. The Guy is a passer trying to be a scorer at this point. That is not an easy transition. He needs to swallow his pride and agree to go to the D League this year so he can develop his game, otherwise he might be tossed out very soon.

Carnage&Mayhem
07-15-2013, 09:29 AM
yeah it seems like Nando has issues. CoJo always seemed willing to work and asked to go down to D-League to develop, but Nando just complains about not playing and fails to show up when he does get time.

look_at_g_shred
07-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Spurs will let him ride the pine all year...then come Playoffs it'll be suit and tie for him.

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 11:25 AM
:lmao Hes not very good its really that simple, I like Gary Neal and CJ and Patty mills all better.

I just watched him have another bad game...Hes been looking very average so far
WRONG PER PAR. Another GNSF ruining this forum.

Nando = THE FUTURE.........

TheGoldStandard
07-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Surprisingly they'll give him minutes this year because frankly that's what the Spurs do, you think guys like Joseph have the spot and the Pop will play someone else in a confusing manner. Then he'll be suit and tie guy during playoffs. Nando has no confidence at all even though he keeps shooting.

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Nando is willing to work hard. Play Nando..........

Nando = X-Factor 2013-2014...........

Good to see someone gets it...........

Though I suspect you are being a sarcastic mother..........

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 11:27 AM
NOPE.

PlayNando
Hes average for a 2nd string PG I guess...
FYP.

PlayNando
He is TERRIBLE
YOU are TERRIBLE.

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 11:28 AM
On the bright side, we've been competitive against teams that are perpetually in the lottery (i.e., should have pretty stacked summer league teams). But we're playing 4 on 5 out there with Nando in the mix.
Oh, look, another GNSF spouting nonsensical ramblings.

Interrohater
07-15-2013, 11:34 AM
YOU are TERRIBLE.
PlayNando with the goods. The troll is strong in this one.

For real though, Nando was billed as a "mini-Manu", but he has all of the worst parts, it seems. He whines (I'm sure he's still upset at the whole "I wanted to get ready for the national team" issue), has great court vision but can't complete the play, has confidence in his shot but can't make them.

TheGoldStandard
07-15-2013, 11:35 AM

For real though, Nando was billed as a "mini-Manu", but he has all of the worst parts, it seems. He whines (I'm sure he's still upset at the whole "I wanted to get ready for the national team" issue), has great court vision but can't complete the play, has confidence in his shot but can't make them.

That's what he does...

TXstbobcat
07-15-2013, 11:55 AM
His trade value going down the toilet during this years summer league.

Sean Cagney
07-15-2013, 12:21 PM
His trade value going down the toilet during this years summer league.

He can't even do good in a summer league.

Forget these overseas softies lately, just draft players like Thomas who have a heart and can actually play in a summer league to see what they can bring! Joseph as well! When was the last time one of those softies worked for us? The last great pick we had was Leonard, once again American players! :hat

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah man but he specifically complained about the lack of playing time, I don't thikn he's unmotivated just cause he's getting paid. He's just not responding well to the challengeThe fact that DeColo complained about playing time got him off to a bad start. We've seen what happens in the past when players such as Malik Rose, Dejuan Blair, and Stephen Jackson complain about playing time. I knew this guy wasn't a good fit the minute he started bitc*ing about playing time last season. His comments such as "I didn't come to America to sit on the bench..." clearly demonstrates his cockiness. People like that have too much of an ego and usually don't fit well with the Spurs. FO is better off getting rid of him and use as an asset to a S&T. I may be too quick to judge but I'm really not surprised at his performance so far in the SL. He really didn't do anything impressive last season IMO.

For real though, Nando was billed as a "mini-Manu", but he has all of the worst parts, it seems. He whines (I'm sure he's still upset at the whole "I wanted to get ready for the national team" issue), has great court vision but can't complete the play, has confidence in his shot but can't make them.Actually, the current Manu - the one from the NBA Finals - is a better player than what I've seen from Nando so far. That is not a complement at all. Very sad.

cjw
07-15-2013, 02:06 PM

Takes one to know one I guess? Looks like you're in the minority here though on Non-dough.

Taking it to the Hole
07-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Nando wants a roster spot without having to actually work for it. The difference between him and Joseph is evident. Joseph is wiling to play in summer league, D-league, and whereever the Spurs want him too. The kid just wants to get better and prove himself. Nando hasn't addressed any of his weaknesses nor tried to get better in any area of his game. Seems like he is trying to emulate Manu's style of play rather than making his own way. I really feel for him because I know he has some talent where he can contribute but he just doesn't have the heart needed to be a Spur much less make another NBA roster. He needs to go back to France and maybe get humbled and then come back when he is grateful for his opportunities.

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Takes one to know one I guess? Looks like you're in the minority here though on Non-dough.
The TRUTH is not subjective to OPINION. The TRUTH does not become so by popular opinion. It just IS.

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM
LOL, apparently speaking the TRUTH around here equals "trolling" these days. Sad times, tbh... :lol

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM
You know people have no argument when they start using ad hominem personal attacks like calling others "trolls". Pretty pathetic deflections, tbh.

Johnny RIngo
07-15-2013, 02:56 PM
He needs to go back to France and maybe get humbled and then come back when he is grateful for his opportunities.

He's already 26. More than likely there's no coming back for him if he decides to return to Europe.

spursince#99
07-15-2013, 03:14 PM
The fact that DeColo complained about playing time got him off to a bad start. We've seen what happens in the past when players such as Malik Rose, Dejuan Blair, and Stephen Jackson complain about playing time. I knew this guy wasn't a good fit the minute he started bitc*ing about playing time last season. His comments such as "I didn't come to America to sit on the bench..." clearly demonstrates his cockiness. People like that have too much of an ego and usually don't fit well with the Spurs. FO is better off getting rid of him and use as an asset to a S&T. I may be too quick to judge but I'm really not surprised at his performance so far in the SL. He really didn't do anything impressive last season IMO.Actually, the current Manu - the one from the NBA Finals - is a better player than what I've seen from Nando so far. That is not a complement at all. Very sad.

And this is coming from TheGreatYacht and we all know how he felt about Manu's Finals performance. :lol

Boomersgold
07-15-2013, 03:20 PM
LOL, apparently speaking the TRUTH around here equals "trolling" these days. Sad times, tbh... :lol

Are you Nando's agent? The truth so far is that Nando's completely underwhelmed against D-League and Summer League level scrubs. If he can't play well against lower level competition, then what makes you think that he can play at the highest level in the world?

Boomersgold
07-15-2013, 03:21 PM

Whose troll are you, man?

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Are you Nando's agent? The truth so far is that Nando's completely underwhelmed against D-League and Summer League level scrubs. If he can't play well against lower level competition, then what makes you think that he can play at the highest level in the world?
Ad hominem attacks FTW. If you don't have anything to argue with me against, just make up personal attacks. :lol

PlayNando
07-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Whose troll are you, man?
Troll? I am a truth bearer.

Interrohater
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Troll? I am a truth bearer.
Your truth is very subjective and is viewed through rose-colored glasses. You were doing well earlier, as it was funny. When a troll gets defensive, it becomes tiresome.

Taking it to the Hole
07-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Considering Pops unwillingness to drop dead weight from his roster, would not be surprised to see Nando again suiting up this year and getting more minutes than Joseph.

TheGoldStandard
07-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Considering Pops unwillingness to drop dead weight from his roster, would not be surprised to see Nando again suiting up this year and getting more minutes than Joseph.

This... green light to shoot

spurraider21
07-15-2013, 10:09 PM
De Colo's gna get paaaaaaaid

TimmyDuncan21
07-15-2013, 11:06 PM
I Fuckin Love De Colo. :tu

Always have Always will

Right?

TimmyDuncan21
07-15-2013, 11:07 PM
The whole team played good tonight. So Im happy about that of course I wanted to see Colo play good Im a spurs fan

TXstbobcat
07-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Gotta hand it to him. Nando has a good game tonight.

ducks
07-15-2013, 11:12 PM
I would still move him to sign thomas

TimmyDuncan21
07-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I would still move him to sign thomas

We need a bigger roster they need to change the roster size rule in the NBA

PlayNando
07-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Your truth is very subjective and is viewed through rose-colored glasses. You were doing well earlier, as it was funny. When a troll gets defensive, it becomes tiresome.
The truth is the truth. It is not subjective; it's objective. I don't have a "version" of the truth. There is one and only one truth. You are the one producing lies.

PlayNando
07-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Gotta hand it to him. Nando has a good game tonight.
Damn straight........

Nando = proving the haters wrong.........

Nando = X-factor 2013-2014..........

ducks
07-16-2013, 10:21 PM
one out of 3 not impressed
better then manu in playoffs though 1 out of 1000

Chinook
07-16-2013, 10:29 PM
He recovered his trade value. That's great. I think he needs to go somewhere else still. Let him develop on another team and don't continue to sub Joseph out.

TXstbobcat
07-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Best we can hope for from Nando this year is that he contributes as a solid role player in limited minutes as a 3rd stringer.

ohmwrecker
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
...... sucks.

PlayNando
07-16-2013, 10:39 PM
...... sucks.
Look at Mr. Intelligence. Oh, wait...

NOPE.

PlayNando
07-16-2013, 10:40 PM
It's amazing how much dumb gets found here these days.

PlayNando
07-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Nando = 19 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds on 8-12 FG, 2-3 3PT, 1-1 FT................

Nando = The Future...................

Nando = X-factor 2013-2014.....................

Nando = Proving the haters wrong, per par.........

PlayNando
07-17-2013, 01:01 PM
NOPE.

xmas1997
07-17-2013, 08:38 PM
He recovered his trade value. That's great. I think he needs to go somewhere else still. Let him develop on another team and don't continue to sub Joseph out.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. So much promise wasted.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-17-2013, 09:32 PM
The problem w/ DeColo is that he isn't a PG. He's an undersized SG. If he were given the chance to concentrate on moving off the ball and spotting up, then his T/O problem would be non-existent.

The only problem is that the Spurs have too many SGs already. Since Neal is still better at SG and PG in backup roles, DeColo is expendable.

But what GM in the WORLD would trade for him? Even Michael Jordan isn't that stupid...

CitizenDwayne
07-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Inconsistent as hell, and how high is his ceiling anyway? I can't see him ever really getting much better.

The commentators last game comparing him to Ginobili was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Get rid of De Colo.

toki9
07-17-2013, 11:16 PM
The problem w/ DeColo is that he isn't a PG. He's an undersized SG. If he were given the chance to concentrate on moving off the ball and spotting up, then his T/O problem would be non-existent. Unfortunately Nando doesn't seem to do so well if he plays off the ball...it seems like he's one of those guys who have to have the ball in his hand to focus....

Tyrone Jenkins
07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Unfortunately Nando doesn't seem to do so well if he plays off the ball...it seems like he's one of those guys who have to have the ball in his hand to focus....

If De Colo can't learn to play off the ball, then he's not an NBA player. Because he isn't going to learn how to play PG anytime soon...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-18-2013, 07:39 AM
If De Colo can't learn to play off the ball, then he's not an NBA player. Because he isn't going to learn how to play PG anytime soon...

The guy is a point guard, and as a distributor, he is an extremely excellent one. And the 3 times he started last year, he avg. like 9 apg I believe. Since he was 19 yrs old (for 7 years) he was the primary ball handler in all the teams he started for. The guy knows how to run the point, he just needs to learn to score the ball more and how to play better positional D. He did a pretty damn good job of scoring the ball at least the last game.

But I would like to see that same effort and performance on a more consistent basis.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-18-2013, 07:50 AM
The guy is a point guard, and as a distributor, he is an extremely excellent one. And the 3 times he started last year, he avg. like 9 apg I believe. Since he was 19 yrs old (for 7 years) he was the primary ball handler in all the teams he started for. The guy knows how to run the point, he just needs to learn to score the ball more and how to play better positional D. He did a pretty damn good job of scoring the ball at least the last game.

But I would like to see that same effort and performance on a more consistent basis.

He is turnover prone and inconsistent (as you mentioned). This means that he does not know how to run the point. Essentially, he's Ginobili as a decision maker and Patty Mills as a scorer.

If his primary position is PG and always will be, then he should be the Spurs 3rd option at PG (behind Cory who shows more promise as of right now) and probably won't be a serious consideration for playing time in the playoffs when each possession is more critical.

Learning to play off the ball is easier than trying to develop into a better PG.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
He is turnover prone and inconsistent (as you mentioned). This means that he does not know how to run the point. Essentially, he's Ginobili as a decision maker and Patty Mills as a scorer.

If his primary position is PG and always will be, then he should be the Spurs 3rd option at PG (behind Cory who shows more promise as of right now) and probably won't be a serious consideration for playing time in the playoffs when each possession is more critical.

Learning to play off the ball is easier than trying to develop into a better PG.

I don't know if you watch the SL game the other day when Cojo was not the primary ball handler b/c of a leg injury and De Colo put on a passing and scoring clinic 19pts, 8 ast, 2 stl, 1 TO. And to boot, the Spurs doubled their highest team assist game, having 27. If Hockey assist counted, De Colo would have had more like 15 assist this game.

His play and creativity opened the floor for everyone. The guy, even in an NBA game has put up numbers like this, its just he isn't consistent. He needs to put up a game like this the remaining SL and in preseason to prove he is not a sporadic player. He this in Spain (but of course he was the FT starter), so I see no reason he can't do it here. But he needs to prove he can do it off the bench like Manu did for years.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-18-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't know if you watch the SL game the other day when Cojo was not the primary ball handler b/c of a leg injury and De Colo put on a passing and scoring clinic 19pts, 8 ast, 2 stl, 1 TO. And to boot, the Spurs doubled their highest team assist game, having 27. If Hockey assist counted, De Colo would have had more like 15 assist this game.

His play and creativity opened the floor for everyone. The guy, even in an NBA game has put up numbers like this, its just he isn't consistent. He needs to put up a game like this the remaining SL and in preseason to prove he is not a sporadic player. He this in Spain (but of course he was the FT starter), so I see no reason he can't do it here. But he needs to prove he can do it off the bench like Manu did for years.

I actually did see that game. He had a good one. But, it's the summer league.

If the Spurs FO thought De Colo was good enough to be counted on to run the backup unit whenever Ginobili is screwing up, then they would have never gone after Belinelli. This was a HUGE deal as it pretty much eliminated their chances at getting a decent backup SF to spell Kawhi since it ate up some of the MLE money.

If you think about that for a minute, it's pretty profound. The Spurs thought it was more important to find a better/more consistent decision making guard for the 2nd unit (and have only 1 true SF) than to go after a backup SF w/ the whole MLE.

That is how important De Colo is to this team.

Keep in mind, De Colo is not young. He's 26 and played pro Euro ball for 6 years before joining the Spurs. CoJo left UT after his freshman year...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-18-2013, 08:31 AM
I actually did see that game. He had a good one. But, it's the summer league.

If the Spurs FO thought De Colo was good enough to be counted on to run the backup unit whenever Ginobili is screwing up, then they would have never gone after Belinelli. This was a HUGE deal as it pretty much eliminated their chances at getting a decent backup SF to spell Kawhi since it ate up some of the MLE money.

If you think about that for a minute, it's pretty profound. The Spurs thought it was more important to find a better/more consistent decision making guard for the 2nd unit (and have only 1 true SF) than to go after a backup SF w/ the whole MLE.

That is how important De Colo is to this team.

Keep in mind, De Colo is not young. He's 26 and played pro Euro ball for 6 years before joining the Spurs. CoJo left UT after his freshman year...

Of course they did, there is nothing Profound about it IMO. De Colo is transitioning from being a PG to SG w/ primary ball handling skills like Manu. He made said so in an interview early this summer that what the coaches wanted from him and to attend SL to work on his game.

Last game, Cojo was still the PG and defending the opposing team's PG, but he was not the primary ball handler like the 1st two games. De Colo was.

De Colo did an excellent job running the team playing the SG position the other night. And quite honestly, he should be the primary ball handler even if Cojo is out there b/c Nando is a much better passer and distributor than Cojo is at this point (honestly its not even close). The biggest + for me is he finally started scoring the ball. As the Hawk's players dropped off him b/c of his passing ability, he was aggressive at taking those opportunities to drive to hole or pull up for jumpers (and hitting his shots, 8-12 shooting), which is a positive sign already in his development to the position.

Belinelli has been playing SG since he entered the league. Nando has never been a SG and this is his 1st year of officially transitioning to that role (obviously it appears the Spurs hope he can be Manu's replacement in the future). Not saying he can be, but if starts putting up performance like he did the other night on a consistent basis, he may very well be.

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Nando = The Future...

Play Nando...........

Boomersgold
07-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Nando = The Future of Euroleague...

Play Nando in the Euroleague...........

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Clever.

Euroleague = Legit, though. Don't hate. The Euroleague will overtake the NBA as the best basketball league in the world within the next two decades...

Boomersgold
07-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Clever.

Euroleague = Legit, though. Don't hate. The Euroleague will overtake the NBA as the best basketball league in the world within the next two decades...

Possibly. Stern did say that he expected a Europe-based team in the NBA within the next 20 years.

Hoops Czar
07-18-2013, 04:30 PM
HOT GARBAGE!!!!!! Just buy the friggin shit out and get him off the team. He's useless.

G-Dawgg
07-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Maybe he can become a player, but right now he's trash...I'm sorry. Corey Joseph all day......

SpursRock20
07-18-2013, 05:07 PM
He just looks slow out there, not sure what it is.

Kidd K
07-18-2013, 05:13 PM
De Colo was 3rd worst in the league among guards for TO% for guards who played at least as many minutes as him.

And he was only third because one of the other two nearly posted an all time worst TO% for guards.

I'm glad De Colo is looking like shit now, that means less chance of being on the team where he absolutely doesn't belong. Dude is fuckin awful like I was saying throughout last year.

TheGoldStandard
07-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Pop is seeing a lot of Manu in him.. he's staying.

cjw
07-18-2013, 06:08 PM
De Colo was 3rd worst in the league among guards for TO% for guards who played at least as many minutes as him.

And he was only third because one of the other two nearly posted an all time worst TO% for guards.

I'm glad De Colo is looking like shit now, that means less chance of being on the team where he absolutely doesn't belong. Dude is fuckin awful like I was saying throughout last year.

I see him as second worst (to Earl Watson) but may be missing someone. Either way, 16.9% TO rate is awful for a guard, especially on one of the best passing teams in the league. And just noticed that Belinelli is just a year older than Nando is.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Pop is seeing a lot of Manu in him.. he's staying.Seriously, De Colo reminds of Manu in Game 6. Trade Nando or get him the fuck out of here please.

rayray2k8
07-18-2013, 06:27 PM
At one time George Hill struggled in the Summer League.. Then in his 2nd year in the playoffs he kicked the Mavricks asses..
Summer League proves nothing.

Hoops Czar
07-18-2013, 06:46 PM
At one time George Hill struggled in the Summer League.. Then in his 2nd year in the playoffs he kicked the Mavricks asses..
Summer League proves nothing.

That's just a silly comparison.

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Maybe he can become a player, but right now he's trash...I'm sorry. Corey Joseph all day......
You're trash, tbh...

I'm just throwing the hate you spew right back atcha, tbh...

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 09:36 PM
That's just a silly comparison.
No, it's not, hater. The TRUTH beckons. Nando = THE FUTURE....................

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 09:36 PM
You can only fight off the truth for so long until it takes your women and your kids.

Sean Cagney
07-18-2013, 10:25 PM
You can only fight off the truth for so long until it takes your women and your kids.

Why don't you actually let the man do a damn thing in an NBA game before you call anything the TRUTH, as of now it's your speculation and that ONLY. He sucks so far.

TXstbobcat
07-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Nando didn't look all that great in the game earlier today. I don't see him getting much playing time for the spurs this year.

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Why don't you actually let the man do a damn thing in an NBA game before you call anything the TRUTH, as of now it's your speculation and that ONLY. He sucks so far.
You must have missed his dominating performance against Miami early in the season, tbh.

He showed he has game, but Pop suppressed his ambitions by sticking his ass back on the bench and playing musical point guards with Cojo and Patty for a few months. It's sickening.

SpursRock20
07-18-2013, 10:45 PM
You must have missed his dominating performance against Miami early in the season, tbh.

He showed he has game, but Pop suppressed his ambitions by sticking his ass back on the bench and playing musical point guards with Cojo and Patty for a few months. It's sickening.

Dominating? He scored 15 points and had 5 turnovers. He also had -4 on the +/-

He played well considering the circumstances but get real.

FkLA
07-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Guy has no heart. Plays like a sissy
Hes French tbh.

Sean Cagney
07-18-2013, 11:27 PM

1-8 and 0-3 in a summer league game today! Tearing it up! IN SUMMER league mind you. He needs to prove alot before I think he is any kind of future.

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Dominating? He scored 15 points and had 5 turnovers. He also had -4 on the +/-

He played well considering the circumstances but get real.
He played better than Parker in game 7, tbh...

Nando thrives against Miami. He would have been the X-Factor in the Finals if Pop would just FREE NANDO.

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 11:41 PM
1-8 and 0-3 in a summer league game today! Tearing it up! IN SUMMER league mind you. He needs to prove alot before I think he is any kind of future.
You must have missed his 19-point, 8-assist game the other day. We all have bad games, tbh.

PlayNando
07-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Hes French tbh.
LOL, an Italian talking shit. :lol

If there's one thing Italy is good at, it's losing. Tbh...

Italy hasn't won shit since the fall of the Roman Empire, tbh...

Well, you all did beat Ethiopia in 1935-1936 after losing against the tribesmen in the 1890s. :lol

Steamrolled by Austria-Hungary in 1918. :lol

Bitch-slapped by the Greeks until the Germans bailed your asses out in 1941. :lol

Crushed by the British until Rommel temporarily saved the day in 1941-1943. :lol

Knocked out of World War II in 1943. :lol

Sean Cagney
07-18-2013, 11:46 PM
You must have missed his 19-point, 8-assist game the other day. We all have bad games, tbh.

3 out of 4 games is not just one game.... thats 75% bad there! If he is that good like you claim no worries we are the best team in the league with him playing! Oh yeah hand us the TITLE! WE HAVE NONDO!

TXstbobcat
07-19-2013, 12:16 AM
He played well in 1 summer league game so far. The only playing time he will probably get this season is in blowouts or when Pop rests starters.

bdictjames
07-19-2013, 12:19 AM
I think he just needs to find his niche with the team. Right now, he's hesitating too much. Do what you can, and do it well. He can definitely free scorers up, but he needs to work on a reliable three-point shot to even get reliable minutes on this team.

FkLA
07-19-2013, 12:29 AM

Well, you all did beat Ethiopia in 1935-1936 after losing against the tribesmen in the 1890s. :lol

Bitch-slapped by the Greeks until the Germans bailed your asses out in 1941. :lol

Crushed by the British until Rommel temporarily saved the day in 1941-1943. :lol

4 world cups, faggot.

PlayNando
07-19-2013, 12:34 AM
3 out of 4 games is not just one game.... thats 75% bad there! If he is that good like you claim no worries we are the best team in the league with him playing! Oh yeah hand us the TITLE! WE HAVE NONDO!
Haters gonna hate!

PlayNando
07-19-2013, 12:35 AM
4 world cups, faggot.

Continue to brag about your sporting achievements. Those prove to be pretty meaningless when your country gets overrun by a foreign power and enemy soldiers get at your women and sell your children into slavery, tbh. :lol

Kidd K
07-19-2013, 05:16 AM
I see him as second worst (to Earl Watson) but may be missing someone. Either way, 16.9% TO rate is awful for a guard, especially on one of the best passing teams in the league. And just noticed that Belinelli is just a year older than Nando is.

Yup, Earl Watson was the god awful one last year who nearly got an NBA record worst TO% (34.5%!), good pick out if you didn't look that up. De Colo's TO% was 23.7% though, not 16.9. 16.9 would've been good for a guard that doesn't shoot much, but dude's never gonna get anywhere near it.

Darkwaters
07-19-2013, 05:50 AM

Continue to brag about your sporting achievements. Those prove to be pretty meaningless when your country gets overrun by a foreign power and enemy soldiers get at your women and sell your children into slavery, tbh. :lol

It's curious that the poster that so vehemently defends a French player can assault Italian military history.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-19-2013, 08:34 AM

As Opposed to the French, who got bitched slapped twice by the Germans and needed over 100,000 US soliders in two World War's to die on their soil just to save their sorry lazy asses. They needed us to save their asses in Vietnam but at the end of the day we were like enough of this shit. Just to let you know, that is why the French Government hates us. We lost Vietnam for them, which was their richest province at the time. Since then they have voted against US interests in almost every UN Resolution. Bunch of lazy ass MF's who can't fight their own wars. Napoleon (who is actually Italian ironically) is the only saving grace the French has had in their history and probably Voltaire and the age of Enlightenment.

Italians ruled half the civilized world for 500 years to claim to their history and the Renaissance.

Both Italians and French for past 100 years + are more noted for Car Designs, Fashion, Wine, Food, etc., not their Military might. So its funny that you would dog them and yet defend Frenchies as well and still promote European Int'l Intelligence as a whole. So if Italians are excluded from this, wouldn't the French be as well. This is a pure example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Drom John
07-19-2013, 10:06 AM

Out of 127, from worst to best
1) Jamaal Tinsley
2) Pablo Prigioni
3) Nando De Colo, ok point made ...

4) Rajon Rondo, hmmm
5) Ricky Rubio

19) Will Bynum
20) Manu Ginobili
21) Jrue Holiday

70) Courtney Lee
71) Tony Parker
72) Louis Williams

100) Wesley Matthews
101) Marco Belinelli
102) Marquis Daniels

112) Joe Johnson
113) Gary Neal
114) Gerald Henderson

Kidd K
07-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Out of 127, from worst to best
1) Jamaal Tinsley
2) Pablo Prigioni
3) Nando De Colo, ok point made ...

4) Rajon Rondo, hmmm
5) Ricky Rubio

19) Will Bynum
20) Manu Ginobili
21) Jrue Holiday

70) Courtney Lee
71) Tony Parker
72) Louis Williams

100) Wesley Matthews
101) Marco Belinelli
102) Marquis Daniels

112) Joe Johnson
113) Gary Neal
114) Gerald Henderson

Notice too how there's a huge gap between where Nando is and where guys just a few spaces below him are, while the gap between 7 and 40 is the same as between him at 3 and the guy at 7. The gap between him and being out of the top 10 is about the same as #11 and Parker way down at 71.

There's a high spike in TOV% at the top. Rubio and Rondo didn't play complete seasons, so it's not too surprising to see their incomplete season percentages high if they started out worse than usual. Not to mention their TOV%'s are higher because their USG% and AST%'s are a lot higher than Nando's (almost the same as their TOV% which means they're just turning it over about as much as the rest of the team, with AST% way higher than their TOV% and USG%). De Colo has a low and a high TOV% without the AST% to make up for it, which greatly magnifies how bad it is. (23.7% TOV%, 17.1 USG%, 20.6 AST% which means he commits about 1/4th of the team's turnovers while getting only 1/5th of their assists while having the ball about 1/6th of the time.

Compare that to:

Parker: 13.0% TOV%, 27.7% USG%, 40.4% AST%.

Ginobili: 17.3% TOV%, 25.2% USG%, and 30.6 AST%.

And since you mentioned them I'll throw their stats in too:

Rondo: 22.6 TOV%, 21.7 USG%, 49.3 AST%

Rubio: 21.4% TOV%, 21.2 USG%, 38.8% AST%

Nando: 23.7% TOV%, 17.1 USG, 20.6 AST%

Notice how real playmakers have roughly double the AST% of their TOV% (Rubio about about double, Rondo with about 2 1/2, Parker with a godly triple, and Manu at about 75% more rather than a full 100%). Nando on the other hand is 15% worse than breaking even.

Nando is one of the last guys you want handling the rock imo.

PlayNando
07-19-2013, 05:10 PM
It's curious that the poster that so vehemently defends a French player can assault Italian military history.
France won World War I, tbh.

World War II? Eh, maybe not.

But that military record sure beats the shit out of the Italians.

The French Alpine Line also completely stuffed the inept Italians when they tried to cross over the border during the invasion in 1940. :lol

PlayNando
07-19-2013, 05:11 PM
As Opposed to the French, who got bitched slapped twice by the Germans and needed over 100,000 US soliders in two World War's to die on their soil just to save their sorry lazy asses. They needed us to save their asses in Vietnam but at the end of the day we were like enough of this shit. Just to let you know, that is why the French Government hates us. We lost Vietnam for them, which was their richest province at the time. Since then they have voted against US interests in almost every UN Resolution. Bunch of lazy ass MF's who can't fight their own wars. Napoleon (who is actually Italian ironically) is the only saving grace the French has had in their history and probably Voltaire and the age of Enlightenment.

Italians ruled half the civilized world for 500 years to claim to their history and the Renaissance.

Both Italians and French for past 100 years + are more noted for Car Designs, Fashion, Wine, Food, etc., not their Military might. So its funny that you would dog them and yet defend Frenchies as well and still promote European Int'l Intelligence as a whole. So if Italians are excluded from this, wouldn't the French be as well. This is a pure example of the pot calling the kettle black.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I promote European nationalism, but there is no doubt that France is indeed superior to the rest of Europe. De Gaulle had it right when he kept France out of NATO, tbh. It's time for France to leave the EU and begin to colonize Africa again, tbh.

SpurCharger
07-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Nando Is Over Rated..... If you are NBA Talent, You Would Shine or show signs of Being Good... Especially Against Summer League Competition

Tim_5rings
07-20-2013, 06:53 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I promote European nationalism, but there is no doubt that France is indeed superior to the rest of Europe. De Gaulle had it right when he kept France out of NATO, tbh. It's time for France to leave the EU and begin to colonize Africa again, tbh.

Je suis français (toi aussi on dirait) mais tu es vraiment un gros crétin
:stupid: :td :huh :idiot:loser :sick :frying: :hang :cry :wtf :ihit :bang

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

I'm French (you too it seems) but you're really a big jerk

You're a disgrace to your fellow countrymen and other Europeans to each of your thread
Stop bullshitting

Je suis français (toi aussi on dirait) mais tu es vraiment un gros crétin

Tu fais honte à tes compatriotes et autres européens à chacun de tes sujets
Arrête de raconter des conneries

ForeignFan
07-20-2013, 06:37 PM

France lost 1,3 million soldiers in WW I. Which is more or less 10 times the number of US soldiers who died during WW I - and 3 times during WWII. Sure we are grateful for all the allies that came to fight in 1914-1918 (they did not only come from the US by the way) but they did not come to save France, they came to fight a common foe.
As far as Vietnam is concerned, the US did all their best not to support the French. They probably thought they could do better. They did not.

Otherwise PlayNando is a complete troll. Italy contributed so much to European civilization (and still does) that reading his posts is just a waste of time.

PlayNando
07-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Italy is a bitch. Those fkers took advantage of Germany's domination of France and occupied southeastern France during the war from the Vichy Regime. Opportunists, smh. The barbarian hordes brought down their great "empire" during the 300s.

BackHome
07-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Say what//?????????

TXstbobcat
07-20-2013, 10:59 PM
This thread is turning into an international history debate.

lefty
07-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Fermez vos gueules, bande de tarlouzes